18 Jul: The Rhombus, part 7

The event finale!

Shift Time: Sunday, Jul 18, Alpha -1

Audience: KDF and allies

Event Type: Ship combat.

Starting Point: Starship bridge

GM: @gulremal

And now, the conclusion

[Local]Nadum@gulrema:<FX> The team, along with some nausicaan mercenaries, entered the Hadrian system and approached the facility within the local asteroid belt that is collecting the data stolen by the modified virus that was used by the old Rhombus group. On their approach to this facility they were ambushed by frigate sized drone ships masquerading as Hag’lhr and Premium, and as the trio engaged them, a cruiser sized hybrid between borg and romulan tech uncloaked behind them…

[Local]Nadum@gulrema:<FX> Hag’lhgr, Premium and Morakos are engaged with 3 fake Hag’lhr’s, 2 fake Premiums and 2 asteroids-turned-turrets. One fake Hag’lhr lost it’s shields and suffered some damage that revealed its true appearance, and another fake Hag’lhr has their shields down to 50%. Premium is still struggling with virus that is bouncing between her systems.

[Local]Nadum@gulrema:<FX> Nobar and the rest of nausicaan mercs are on standby in stealth mode…

[Local]Nadum@gulrema:-- ROUND 2 –

[Local]Nadum@gulrema:-- Egzo’s action –

Egzo@HF_Mud continues to pursue the revealed drone(?) vessel.

[Emotes]Egzo@HF_Mud:rolls 78 (1-100)

[Local]Nadum@gulrema:<FX> Hag’lhr manages to shake two fake Hag’lhrs chasing her and finish off the damaged drone.

[Local]Nadum@gulrema:-- Aestae’s action –

Aestae Vali@crystyl presses the attack with the other two drones.

[Emotes]Aestae Vali@crystyl:rolls 58 (1-100)

[Local]Nadum@gulrema:<FX> Morakos’ attack completely takes out the already damaged shields of second fake Hag’lhr, and scores a hit on the hull that forces it to break it’s holoprojection that was making it harder to hit.

[Local]Nadum@gulrema:-- T’Vek’s action –

[Local]Nadum@gulrema:** roll for virus plox

[Emotes]T’Vek of Vulcan@anncaris:rolls 64 (1-100)

[Team]T’Vek of Vulcan@anncaris:I can take the turn to try to clean the virus out right?

[Local]Nadum@gulrema:<FX> Premium’s science and tech crew manage to contain the virus for now. Full removal will require further effort, but Premium’s systems are back to specs.

Egzo@HF_Mud nods in satisfaction as the imposter blooms into a fireball on his ship’s main viewscreen. As the REAL Hag’lhr banks away from the explosion and looks for another target, he pushes a button on his armrest. “Nobar. You’re up. Go for the big spiky black one.”

[Team]Nadum@gulrema:yes, you can attempt to completely remove the virus, instead of shooting

[Team]Egzo@HF_Mud:getting that in for the NPC round.

[Local]Nadum@gulrema:<Nobar> Arright!

T’Vek of Vulcan@anncaris sees the others doing well holding out against the drones and takes the time to try and purge the virus while the others keep the drones busy.

[Emotes]T’Vek of Vulcan@anncaris:rolls 10 (1-100)

[Team]T’Vek of Vulcan@anncaris:Hmm…

[Team]T’Vek of Vulcan@anncaris:Should I reroll…

[Team]T’Vek of Vulcan@anncaris:I’m gonna end up with a 1 aren’t I hehe

[Team]Egzo@HF_Mud:only a 1 in 10 chance of doing worse (01-10%).

[Team]T’Vek of Vulcan@anncaris:I’ll risk it! The virus is gonna get me killed anyways hehe

[Emotes]T’Vek of Vulcan@anncaris:rolls 47 (1-100)

[Team]T’Vek of Vulcan@anncaris:Okay that was better!

[Team]T’Vek of Vulcan@anncaris:Not sure if it’s a total success but at least it’s not a 10!

[Local]Nadum@gulrema:<FX> Premium techs manage to isolate the virus. It is not purged yet, but it will be easier to try that next time…

[Local]Nadum@gulrema:<Nobar> Shootin’ time! Git it, boyz, while I charge my stabba!

[Local]Nadum@gulrema:<FX> Four Scourge destroyers power up and charge the unsuspecting borg-romulan cruiser. Surprise is total and the cruiser’s aft shields are almost completely collapsed!

[Team]Egzo@HF_Mud:hahaha f**k you

[Local]Nadum@gulrema:<FX> Two fake Hag’lhr’s turn on Morakos in unexpected move and rake her forward shields, dropping them down to 30%.

[Local]Nadum@gulrema:<FX> Two fake Premiums attack their real version, scoring only couple of shots but enough to drop her aft shields to 50%.

[Local]Nadum@gulrema:<FX> Two ateroid turrets keep their fire on Premium but they miss wide this time.

[Local]Nadum@gulrema:<Cruiser> Where did this nausicaan trash come from? Remove them!

[Local]Nadum@gulrema:<FX> Hybrid cruiser turns unexpectedly fast for it’s size to face the nausicaan destroyers and fires a bunch of massive canister-shaped projectiles. Canisters split into hundreds of spikes which saturate the area, each destroyer getting hit by at least a couple. Actual damage seems superficial…

[Local]Nadum@gulrema:<FX> Attack is followed by a more conventional viral matrix attack. Three destroyers resist the virus, but one of them is hit hard as their shields and aux power drop…

[Local]Nadum@gulrema:-- ROUND 3 –

Egzo@HF_Mud ha!s in secondhand triumph as the mercs blast seven hells out of the command vessels, then frowns at the counter attack. Squinting close at the screen, he keys his comms again

[Local]Egzo@HF_Mud:<C> Betcha those spikes have a viral payload. Hells, could be nanites too. Errybody watch out.

[Local]Nadum@gulrema:<Nobar> Ya 'eard him fellas, get da skrubberz out!

Egzo@HF_Mud signs off with a scowl, as Hag’lhr turns on and engages another ‘reflection’.

[Team]Egzo@HF_Mud:What fake-lhr targets do I have?

[Local]Nadum@gulrema:<FX> Two fake Hag’lhr’s are chasing Morakos, while 2 fake Premiums are chasing the real one, and 2 immobile turrets are also shooting at Premium. One of the Hag’lhrs has lost their shields.

[Team]Egzo@HF_Mud:shooting at the one with no shields, then. chasing Morakos, yes?

[Team]Nadum@gulrema:yep

[Emotes]Egzo@HF_Mud:rolls 90 (1-100)

[Team]Egzo@HF_Mud:boom goes another.

[Local]Nadum@gulrema:<FX> Freed from pursuers, Hag’lhr gets enough room to perform an nasty strafing manuever that vaporizes the damaged fake Hag’lhr and removes shields from the last one.

[Local]Nadum@gulrema:<FX> There’s only one fake Hag’lhr pursuing Morakos now, and their shields are down.

Aestae Vali@crystyl | Morakos ‘slams the anchors on’ to let the fake overshoot and gain a firing solution with forward torps.

[Emotes]Aestae Vali@crystyl:rolls 38 (1-100)

[Local]Nadum@gulrema:<FX> Last fake Hag’lhr almost scrapes Morakos’ shields as it flies by. Morakos’ fire trashes its engines and sends it for a spin, away from battle…

[Local]Nadum@gulrema:**virus roll plo

[Emotes]T’Vek of Vulcan@anncaris:rolls 17 (1-100

[Team]T’Vek of Vulcan@anncaris:This virus really does not like me…

[Local]Nadum@gulrema:<FX> Virus breaks from isolation, but is still contained from accessing systems

[Local]T’Vek of Vulcan@anncaris:“That is not ideal. Premium may require some cover as we continue to attempt purging the virus.”

T’Vek of Vulcan@anncaris tries to get rid of the virus again…

[Emotes]T’Vek of Vulcan@anncaris:rolls 25 (1-100)

[Team]T’Vek of Vulcan@anncaris:Yup hehe

[Team]T’Vek of Vulcan@anncaris:I may just do the rest of this wiht the virus active

[Team]T’Vek of Vulcan@anncaris:more interesting and unpredictable this way.

[Local]Nadum@gulrema:<FX> The virus just doesn’t know how to give up! No progress was made despite all the efforts.

[Local]Nadum@gulrema:<FX> Three virus-free scourge destroyers go on evasive as they activate their hazard emitters and manage to keep the borg nanites at bay

[Local]Nadum@gulrema:<FX> The last one, with their aux system down, is defenseless and borg nanites start assimilating its hull…

[Local]Nadum@gulrema:<FX> Nobar’s own Guramba destroyer still sits in the background, though her configuration has changed, and it seems to be powering up…

[Local]Nadum@gulrema:<FX> Two fake Premiums keep close to the real one, and pepper it with more plasma shots, overpowering her aft shields and scoring minor hit to the hull, dropping the integrity to 75%

[Local]Nadum@gulrema:<FX> Turrets retarget to closer enemy, and Hag’lhr’s forward shields take a shot and drop to 50%.

[Local]Nadum@gulrema:<Cruiser> Leave that one, it will serve us soon. Focus on the trash that’s still moving.

[Local]Nadum@gulrema:<FX> Multiple borg tractor beams emerge from the sharp tips of the hybrid cruiser and literally tear apart one of the three evading nausicaan destroyers.

[Local]Nadum@gulrema:-- ROUND 4 –

[Local]Nadum@gulrema:<FX> All fake Hag’lgr’s are out of action. Two fake Premiums are chasing the real one, and two asteroid turrets are shooting at Hag’lhr.

Egzo@HF_Mud hrmms. “Kem, Rritt, swat those rock guns for me.”

[Team]Egzo@HF_Mud:Going for the turrets.

[Emotes]Egzo@HF_Mud:rolls 50 (1-100)

[Team]Egzo@HF_Mud:so… turret, singular?

[Local]Nadum@gulrema:<FX> Hag’lhr rushes in and hits the asteroid turret hard. Turret is not fully destroyed, but its weak thrusters are destroyed and is in such position that remaining turrets on the rock are facing the wrong way

Aestae Vali@crystyl | Moraks swings about to intercept the fake Premium’s and cut in between them and the real one.

[Emotes]Aestae Vali@crystyl:rolls 9 (1-100)

[Team]Aestae Vali@crystyl:well that didn’t last long

[Team]Aestae Vali@crystyl:hope the reroll won’t be needed later

[Emotes]Aestae Vali@crystyl:rolls 95 (1-100)

[Team]T’Vek of Vulcan@anncaris:Woah

[Team]T’Vek of Vulcan@anncaris:That was a worthwhile reroll for the number alone!

[Team]Egzo@HF_Mud:definitely.

[Local]Nadum@gulrema:<FX> Two fake Premiums, chasing real one for fun. Down came Morakos, and then there were none.

[Team]T’Vek of Vulcan@anncaris:hehe

[Emotes]T’Vek of Vulcan@anncaris:rolls 88 (1-100)

[Local]T’Vek of Vulcan@anncaris:“Thank you, Aestae.”

[Local]Nadum@gulrema:<FX> The pesky virus is finally yeeted out of the Premiums’ computers. And no one is making holes in it anymore. For now.

[Team]T’Vek of Vulcan@anncaris:Yaaay

[Team]T’Vek of Vulcan@anncaris:Still get a usual turn or does that count?

[Team]Nadum@gulrema:you still have your turn, yes

[Team]T’Vek of Vulcan@anncaris:Awesome

T’Vek of Vulcan@anncaris | Premium tries to make its way over to the destroyer being assimilated, checking if anything can be done to halt the process. If not, Premium would attempt to evacuate the crew.

[Emotes]T’Vek of Vulcan@anncaris:rolls 17 (1-100)

[Team]T’Vek of Vulcan@anncaris:And there goes my luck heh

[Team]T’Vek of Vulcan@anncaris:At least Premium is virus free! Poor mercs will just have to be Borgified

[Local]Nadum@gulrema:<FX> With no defenses of its own to be boosted, the destroyer is beyond help. Premium does manage to beam away a couple of dozen crewmen this round. The ship will be fully assimilated within minutes.

[Local]Nadum@gulrema:<FX> Two remaining destroyers join forces and focus fire on already weakened area of the hybrid cruiser. Their fire again collapses the regenerating shields and scores some hull damage…that also starts to slowly regenerate

[Local]Nadum@gulrema:<Destroyer 1> It’s no use, boss! Dis ting is fixin’ itself up!

[Local]Nadum@gulrema:<Nobar> Jus’ keep it busy for a tick, boyz!

[Local]Nadum@gulrema:<Cruiser> What do you mean, they destroyed all the drones?

[Local]Nadum@gulrema:<Cruiser> No matter, switch to conventional weapons and wipe them out!

[Local]Nadum@gulrema:<FX> Hybrid cruiser opens salvos of plasma cannons and torpedoes at the two destroyers. One destroyer gets the brunt of it, however it look like he may just get away…until the cutting beam slices it clean in half.

[Local]Nadum@gulrema:-- ROUND 5 –

[Team]Nadum@gulrema: BTW, last asteroid-turret tried to shoot at Egzo but something borked and their weapons shut down temporarily.

Egzo@HF_Mud decides to leave that last turret for now, and go to the aid of Nobar, peppering the weird spiky ship with disruptor fire.

[Emotes]Egzo@HF_Mud:rolls 76 (1-100)

[Team]Egzo@HF_Mud:damage is good, but file under ‘keeping them busy’.

[Local]Nadum@gulrema:<FX> Hag’lhr turns toward the cruiser and opens fire. It’s long range, but most shots hit the weakened area, burning away the regenerated armor.

Aestae Vali@crystyl | Morakos turns its attention to the cruiser as well.

[Emotes]Aestae Vali@crystyl:rolls 34 (1-100)

[Local]Nadum@gulrema:<FX> Morakos tries to move in to score hits at weakened area, but cruiser’s borg tractor beams force it to change direction and weaken the Orion cruiser’s front shields, dropping them down to 70%.

T’Vek of Vulcan@anncaris | Premium tries to beam out as many destroyer crewmembers as possible, then unleashes a PEP torpedo on the ship before it is too late and fully assimilated

[Emotes]T’Vek of Vulcan@anncaris:rolls 89 (1-100)

[Local]Nadum@gulrema:<FX> Premium manages to beam out the remaining crew and scuttle the ship.

[Local]Nadum@gulrema:<FX> Last nausicaan destroyer turns around for another attack on the weak spot, going on full attack. The disruptor fire breaches the armor plating and scores some shots at the exposed hull, which starts to regenerate immediately

[Local]Nadum@gulrema:<Nobar> REGEN’RATE THIS!

[Local]Nadum@gulrema:<FX> Guramba’s four arms glow as energy collects at their edges. Four beams shoot and connect into one big beam that rips straight though the weak spot of the cruiser

[Local]Nadum@gulrema:<FX> Half of the cruiser’s aft side is ripped out, and closest ships get a very quick glimpse at the exposed warp core.

[Local]Nadum@gulrema:** Egzo and Aesta, piloting rolls

[Emotes]Egzo@HF_Mud:rolls 51 (1-100)

[Emotes]Aestae Vali@crystyl:rolls 92 (1-100)

[Local]Nadum@gulrema:<FX> Morakos defly evades the incoming fireball, followed by Hag’lhr and nausicaan destroyer who get their aft shields singed (down to 50%). Premium has already moved away while it was scuttling the assimilated destroyer

[Local]Egzo@HF_Mud:<C> whistles appreciatively Nice stabba’.

[Local]Nadum@gulrema:<Nobar> DAT’S WAT YA GET FER KILLIN’ MY BOYZ!

Egzo@HF_Mud nods again, fekkin’ right.

[Local]Nadum@gulrema:<FX> Soon, a series of explosions follow up, this time coming from the asteroid field. Turrets, mines, and the facility are gone, and comm traffic falls silent for first time in many months in the Hadrian system.

[Local]Nadum@gulrema:Spade: Wow…that’s some paranoid safety measure. And I though I was crazy…

T’Vek of Vulcan@anncaris nods, “At least you were not repurposing Borg technology.”

[Local]Nadum@gulrema:Spade: Could we make a full sweep of the area? I’d like to make sure no one escaped from that place

[Local]Nadum@gulrema:Spade: Hopefully the virus is gone along with that ship and the station, but who knows…

[Local]T’Vek of Vulcan@anncaris:“Of course. We should check the area to ensure the people and Borg technology are fully dealt with.”

[Local]Nadum@gulrema:<Norab> Norab ‘ere. Dat was some scrape arrigh’! It’ll take months ta get da new krew.

[Local]T’Vek of Vulcan@anncaris:“I am holding the survivors from the destroyer. We are ensuring none of them have been compromised by the Borg technology and will return them as soon as they are cleared.”

[Local]Egzo@HF_Mud:<C> Yeah… you an’ they done good, though. Transmittin’ the rest a’ your pay now, with a bonus - y’all earned it.

[Local]Nadum@gulrema:<Nobar> Da best part! some background nausicaan talk Good! I’ll let ya deal with da rest, me and rest of da boyz are goin on vacation! Nobar out!

[Local]Nadum@gulrema:-- SCENE END –

1 Like