21 Mar: Staff meeting

Captain Cynis gathers her trusted officers and allies to discuss the current events and future plans.

Shift Time: Sunday, Mar 21, Alpha -1

Audience: KDF and allies

Event Type: Social RP

Starting Point: Fleet starbase

GM: @gulremal

After the party, the headache

Egzo@HF_Mudd walks into the conference room, stepping around a wandering targ, and claims his usual seat at the table.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: has an unusual frowny expression as she reads something on her computer, until she notices others have arrived Ah, good to see you both. Hope you enjoyed the rest of the festivities?

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: “Still got a little hangover, so yeah, guess so.”

B’Atar@anncarise makes her way into the meeting room, giving Sadia a Klingon salute before going for her usual seat

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: nods to B’atar Commander. How was the feast?

B’Atar@anncarise grins, “I’ve missed having a victory feast like that!”

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: Well, I try not to do large feasts all too often, as they could lose their meaning. However, I would like to participate at OSN celebrations, when it’s possible.

[Local] Aestae Vali@crystyll: “Well I wouldn’t hold my breath if I were you. With the bulk of our forces on expedition now it might be a while”

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: rises eyebrow An expedition? Sounds…exciting.

[Local] Aestae Vali@crystyll: “Probably” she shrugs, “I wouldn’t know”

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: Ah well. I wish your forces success in whatever they set out to do.

Egzo@HF_Mudd seems uncommonly quiet, even a bit distracted. Nursing a hangover, perhaps.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: Well, I wouldn’t call you so soon after a celebration, but I have a couple of things that need our attention, and the faster we get to it, the better.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: While we were busy dealing with the Sheliak fleet, some troublemakers were using the opportunity to…profit on the lack of attention at other areas.

[Local] B’Atar@anncarise: “Who are they? Sounds like we need to teach them a lesson.”

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: *a map of local space pops up on the holoprojector at the center of the table.

[Team]Sadia@gulremal: https://imgur.com/jG3mHw6

Egzo@HF_Mudd glances over the familiar map

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: Just before our showdown with the Sheliak at Mal’laan, a small convoy from Chu’tul was evacuating critical equipment to our Free Almavian Trader friends in Brionii system.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: Halfway through, the convoy stopped sending regular “OK” messages to SB 151. A bird of prey in defense of the station was dispatched to investigate. Convoy consisted of 1 bulk cargo hauler carrying large mining equipment and 2 standard tuffli transport ships carrying industrial fabricators. When the bird of prey arrived, all it found is an abandoned bulk cargo hauler.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: Both tuffli transports and all the cargo from the hauler were gone. There was no crew on the cargo hauler, but preliminary search did find signs of energy weapons discharges.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: Whoever did this was very well organized, as the entire operation took less than 20 minutes.

[Local] B’Atar@anncarise: “What kind of energy weapon signatures?”

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: The value of stolen equipment is substantial, even more so regarding the necessary expansion of Chu’tul colony as more refugees are arriving every month.

Egzo@HF_Mudd mutters, “Smooth. In an’ out, right when we was most distracted.”

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: The patrol ship wasn’t really equipped to do in-depth analysis, but their captain is sure it was disruptors.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: Logs on the cargo hauler were all wiped out, and the main computer core was taken away

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: However, there might be some evidence left in the secondary databanks. Such quick data wipes are usually crude. to Vali I hoped your experts would be of assistance in this matter.

[Local] B’Atar@anncarise: “Disruptors…that doesn’t help. Just about everybody uses disruptors.”

Egzo@HF_Mudd nods to B’Atar.

[Local] Aestae Vali@crystyll: “We’ll give it a go”

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: I ordered the ship to be secured where it is, and no other vessels to pass in the vicinity so they don’t mess up any residual warp trails. I want you folks go there as soon as you can and search the area and the ship itself

[Local] B’Atar@anncarise: “Aye, we’ll check it out, Captain.”

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: I will be heading to the Mors Combine to negotiate for new equipment, but recovery of the stolen equipment and, if that’s not viable, punishment of the guilty party is of the priority.

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: “Yeah, I wanna meet whoever planned this. Before I kill 'em. Or offer 'em a job.”

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: Hmmmm. Well, I’ll leave that to you.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: Once that is taken care of, there’s another matter to look into.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: There is a report on a data theft from Forward Base 3. Someone hacked into secondary computer systems and stole a lot of operational data regarding the task force - ship and crew manifests, standard patrol routes, risk assessment protocols, colonial development reports, quartermaster stock reports and so on. This was found out during yesterday’s standard computer maintenance check, just before we started decommissioning the station and turning it into an automated forward listening post.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: Whoever did it had to be onsite, as all the data was stored on an secure terminal that had no external access.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: Smartass even left a card image changes to a card showing a simple full purple rhombus

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: “So we got us a vole. Great.”

[Emotes]Aestae Vali@crystyll: rolls 98 (1-100)

[Team]B’Atar@anncarise: Woah good roll!

[Local] Aestae Vali@crystyll: “The Rhombus Group. Two-bit information brokers who have been scratching around since before the last time you guys made nice with the Feds. Usual stuff; steal data from one person, sell it to someone else”

[Local] B’Atar@anncarise: “Do they usually leave calling cards?”

[Local] Aestae Vali@crystyll: “We don’t really know much about them these days. Just another freelance group without ties to any galactic power. Last we’d heard was several years back when the Tal Shiar supposedly wiped them out”

Aestae Vali@crystyll shrugs, “I just recognize the emblem from my academy briefings”

[Local] B’Atar@anncarise: “Either the Tal Shiar never got them all or this is some copycat group.”

[Local] Aestae Vali@crystyll: “Seems so. My money’s on a splinter from the remnants of the Broker’s network. A few of those have popped up under new identities more recently”

[Local] Aestae Vali@crystyll: “Used to be an Orion hacker on Nimbus who associated with them - Spade, I think his name was? Whatever, if you want a link I’d start there”

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: “Ah, Nimbus.”

Aestae Vali@crystyll nods, “Where better to find washed up desperates who couldn’t even cut it with what’s left of the Syndicate these days”

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: frowns Well, I doubt they’ll escape that hellhole anytime soon. I’ve alerted Klingon Intelligence to keep an eye if any of this data shows up on the black market, and I’ll let you know if more clues pop up in that direction.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: she leans back and sighs And the last thing we have is… Death Rally.

Egzo@HF_Mudd perks up. "That time again?

[Local] B’Atar@anncarise: “Death rally? Sounds like a Klingon music group.”

Egzo@HF_Mudd laughs. “Nah, better.”

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: Nah…Death Rally is a space race organized by a clandestine group with some serious financial backing. They tend to pick up quite deadly places for their race tracks and have quite a peculiar list of pilots that fight for the right to participate in the main event held every five years.

[Local] B’Atar@anncarise: “Ahh, it’s one of /those/. Sounds fun! Guess we have one coming up?”

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: The qualification race for this sector will be held on the border of breen Amoniri and Fanrisal states, close to our D’rexian allies. Thing is…these “Redline Racing” guys are not really asking permissions from their “hosts”, the more the hosts are pissed off and might try to stop the race, the better.

Egzo@HF_Mudd chuckles and nods

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: I can bet Redline will select some kind of very touchy place for the Breen. Last time they had a main event was in the orbit of a planet where Yridians were having some clandestine weapon experiment.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: The entire shebang was exposed in quite an explosive manner as contestants fought of the security forces and triggered the weapon.

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: “It was /epic/.”

[Local] B’Atar@anncarise: “Maybe this one’ll be just as interesting!”

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: Anyhow, there is at least couple of contestant spots open for us. This thing is months away, so there’s time to thing about it. There’s some limitations on ship size and crew, I believe nothing bigger than a destroyer and skeleton crew of about dozen is the limit.

Egzo@HF_Mudd immediately declares, “I’m in.”

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: I will have more details as we get closer to the event - we’ll have at least one more staff meeting.

Egzo@HF_Mudd repeats, “I’m in.”

B’Atar@anncarise grins, “Count me in too.”

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: All right, all right, I’ll send your name to be added to the roster. But you’ll need to provide some flashy pilot name for the show.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: It’s not needed now, but definitely at least 1 week before the event.

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: “I’ll let Rritt come up with that. cat’s gonna /wet/ himself.”

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: “He’s always wanted to do Death Rally.”

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: Great. Anyhow, that’s what I had on the docket. Anything from your side?

Egzo@HF_Mudd pulls out a PADD and starts tapping at it, distractedly shaking his head to Sadia.

Aestae Vali@crystyll shakes her head as well.

[Local] B’Atar@anncarise: “We’re working on the Sheliak salvage. Plenty of useful materials there. Shame we can’t keep some of the weapon arrays as-is, though.”

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: Yeah, I’d like to get hands on many of their toys, but we’ll have to thread carefully there. I don’t want to think what other issues would arise if this entire conflict lasted longer.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: Do keep me posted if you find something particularly juicy.

[Local] B’Atar@anncarise: “Will do, Captain.”

Egzo@HF_Mudd taps once more at the PADD, sits back… and it beeps again, and then begins to scroll at a rather startling rate, emitting more beeps as it does.

Egzo@HF_Mudd observes to the table, “Rritt’s excited.”

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: chuckles at Egzo Anyhow, meeting’s over. I’ll be heading to Mors Combine space, you can get me via subspace comms if something’s urgent.

Egzo@HF_Mudd nods to Sadia affably, as the PADD just keeps scrolling.

[Team] Sadia@gulremal: thanks for coming to the event folks

[Team] Egzo@HF_Mudd: “omfg r u kiddng me” “OMFG”

[Team] B’Atar@anncarise: Hahah

[Team] B’Atar@anncarise: Thanks for running

[Team] Sadia@gulremal: these events should unfold until the mid-year I believe, hopefully Cryptic finalizes klingon civil war or at least we get a new chapter

[Team] Sadia@gulremal: I do plan to run some event regarding civil war, mostly regarding our allies in House Woldan

[Team] Sadia@gulremal: dealing with some…loose ends

[Team] B’Atar@anncarise: Yeah I kinda wish they release stuff like Victory is life

[Team] B’Atar@anncarise: Doing arcs all at once or almost all at once

1 Like