22 Aug: True Warriors, part 2

The deal is struck with one of the bigger Mehrae clans. Now it’s time to get other, smaller clans, in line…

Shift Time: Sunday, Aug 22, Alpha -1

Audience: KDF and allies

Event Type: Social RP

Starting Point: Starship bridge

GM: @anncarise

Mission log

T’Vek of Vulcan@anncaris | As Sadia and Dalviin Sedrae-Taan conclude their negotiations and the KDF team prepares to depart, an alarm suddenly rings throughout the building

T’Vek of Vulcan@anncaris | Dalviin: “Ah! An attack! I could not ask for a more perfect timing. Come, you will see a demonstration of my forces in action!”

[Local]Sadia@gulrema:chuckles Good, I could use some workout myself.

T’Vek of Vulcan@anncaris | The armoured alien leaps from his seat, grabbing his helmet and rifle as he leads the way out

[Local]Sadia@gulrema:checks her pistol and sword and follows the Taan

T’Vek of Vulcan@anncaris | As they step outside, they can see the blue shimmer of a force field on the sky above- a large domed shield covering the entirety of the city. A few shots hit the shield as several shuttles fly overhead, and turrets on the rooftops flare up as they open fire, downing a good number of shuttles. Some manage to land, others more-crash land in the areas outside the city.

T’Vek of Vulcan@anncaris | Dalviin leads them to the top of the city wall, with a good view of the landscape beyond where the landed forces are assembling. Across the wall, a large number of Mehrae warriors are assembled for the defense.

T’Vek of Vulcan@anncaris | Once the enemy forces have taken stock of their situation and recovered from the scattered landings they were forced to make, they begin to advance forward, the first lines simply walking through the shield.

[Local]Sadia@gulrema:keeps her eye on the incoming enemy forces, but she also glances around for possible sneak attacks

T’Vek of Vulcan@anncaris | Dalviin: “The barrier dome prevents us from weapons and fast-moving objects, but it does not stop infantry from coming through. We are not cowards who hide behind a shield. We welcome a good fight, but we are also not fools that leave the fate of our lives open to a single well-placed photon torpedo.”

[Local]Sadia@gulrema:nods, refocusing on the attackers and their weaponry

Egzo@HF_Mud nods also, looking over the attackers.

[Local]Sadia@gulrema:“How often do your opponents test your defenses like this?”

T’Vek of Vulcan@anncaris | Dalviin: “Ours? Not often, but ever since the recent conflicts broke out, it has been happening more. But some weaker clans are known to be picked on very often, and if a particular feud is very tense, it is not uncommon for there to be attacks every day. Of course, that would require the attackers to set a camp nearby- no one’s suceeded in doing that here for a looong time.”

T’Vek of Vulcan@anncaris | The attackers seem to be wearing the same type of armour as the Sedrae clan, but with minor aesthetic design differences. The paint is clearly not used to denote clan, as warriors on both sides sport a variety of differences, but the two clans have very distinct helmet designs, and the emblems of the clans are painted on their chestplates, allowing for easy identification despite the mix of colours. Their weapons are a variety of handheld ones, ranging from rifles and pistols to larger ones such as miniguns and handheld assault cannons.

T’Vek of Vulcan@anncaris | As the enemy forces near the wall, the shooting begins, with the Sedrae having a clear advantage both from the high ground of the walls and their weapons, which seem to reliably penetrate their enemy’s armour. Some of the Sedrae on the other hand are equipped with energy shields, something their enemies don’t seem to have.

T’Vek of Vulcan@anncaris | Soon, it becomes clear that the first lines of enemy attackers are only providing covering fire as the rear-most lines suddenly leap up, propelled by jetpacks and making a rush at and over the walls

T’Vek of Vulcan@anncaris | Their Carran ‘tour guide,’ Fellen, comments, “Personal flight devices- a specialty of the Mehrae in open warfare.”

[Local]Sadia@gulrema:“Ah, so that was their plan all along.” nods to Fellen We have also used them on couple of occasions."

T’Vek of Vulcan@anncaris | Dalviin: “Walled settlements are common here, and most of them have been reinforced to withstand modern arms fire. Sieges do occur from time to time, but mostly we prefer to conduct quicker raids on our enemies- attrition long and difficult for both sides. That’s why most of our warriors are trained in the use of these devices. Some of the more well-off clans like mine have them built into our armour. These attackers mostly have them as external equipment worn over it as a pack.”

[Local]Sadia@gulrema:“What do you think your attackers are trying to accomplish? Their raid is daring, but unless they have some very clever stratagem, they will lose badly.”

T’Vek of Vulcan@anncaris | Dalviin: “That they will. This city has not been breached for as long as I have been Taan. But these are Kedmett clan- their Taan was recently challenged and beaten by a new one who allied the clan with the opposing faction. Either the new Taan is too eager to prove himself, or the clan is trying to prove their loyalty by sending their warriors to die against us.”

T’Vek of Vulcan@anncaris | Most of the jetpackers are taken out, but a few do manage a landing. Four of them land nearby, taking out two of the Sedrae defenders on that section of the wall but losing one of their own in the process.

[Local]Sadia@gulrema:observes Sedrae melee prowess

T’Vek of Vulcan@anncaris | Dalviin observes as well, “Not bad…for the Kedmett,” he slides on his helmet, “But they will get no further.” The Sedrae chieftain activates the jetpack on his armour as he flies up and towards the three nearby invaders, opening fire with his rifle and taking out the first. He then dashes forward with the assistance of his jetpack, slamming the second off the wall.

T’Vek of Vulcan@anncaris | The third draws a sword and swings for the Taan, but he sidesteps the blow and moving with more agility than one would expect of an alien of his size, quickly maneuvers behind the rival warrior and shoots him point blank in the head.

T’Vek of Vulcan@anncaris | The one he slammed off the wall recovers just in time, activating her jetpack and flying up again, trying to catch the Sedrae-Taan unaware. Dalviin however notices and turns around, firing a single well-placed shot right into the Kedmett warrior’s jetpack. It sparks wildly as the device goes out of control, propelling its user up into the shield where it explodes, taking her out.

[Local]Sadia@gulrema:“Impressive!”

T’Vek of Vulcan@anncaris | Dalviin jetpacks back to join the KDF team and the Carran representative while the fighting around them dies down, the remaining Kedmett pulling a retreat as their jetpackers are all taken out.

T’Vek of Vulcan@anncaris | Dalviin takes off his helmet and grins, “Enjoy the show?”

[Local]Sadia@gulrema:“That was a great display of skill, Sedrae-Taan. I am glad we have acquired services of Your clan.”

T’Vek of Vulcan@anncaris | Dalviin: “And I promise you my warriors will serve you well.”

T’Vek of Vulcan@anncaris | As the remaining functional Kedmett shuttles take off, the shield flickers away.

T’Vek of Vulcan@anncaris | Fellen: “We should move on to the next clan now that the excitement here is over.”

T’Vek of Vulcan@anncaris | Dalviin: “Of course. You have more business to do. Do not let me keep you.”

[Local]Sadia@gulrema:to Dalviin “I have no doubt. It was an honor to meet You.” *makes a polite half bow and turns to Fellen

[Local]Sadia@gulrema:“Lead the way.”

T’Vek of Vulcan@anncaris | Fellen: “Oh it would be impractical to walk to the other side of the continent,” he passes Sadia a PADD. "Here are the coordinates. Your ship can transport you there, I will meet you -

T’Vek of Vulcan@anncaris - at the landing area. They are the Mormith clan, led by Selkiin Mormith-Taan. The Mormith have only entered the mercenary business recently, but they are very capable, only more inwardly -

[Local]T’Vek of Vulcan@anncaris:- focused in the past. They are still building a reputation in the business, and will have a great deal of warriors available for hire."

T’Vek of Vulcan@anncaris | The team beams into another smaller settlement, but the Carran representative is nowhere to be seen…

[Local]Sadia@gulrema:looks around Seems we arrived too quickly…

Egzo@HF_Mud mutters, “Or they’re about t’ try t’ ambush us.”

[Local]Sadia@gulrema:“If that was the case, they’d have already started shooting.”

T’Vek of Vulcan@anncaris | Five armoured Mehrae with helmets off approach the group, with the male in the lead speaking, “The Carran will not be joining us for this one. But don’t worry, we’re not here to attack you.”

[Local]Sadia@gulrema: tries to hail Fellen but stops as Mehrae approach

T’Vek of Vulcan@anncaris | “The new Taan simply wishes to negotiate a different deal. Directly with you.”

[Local]Sadia@gulrema:looks up at the leader “What happened with the Carran? Did you send him away?”

T’Vek of Vulcan@anncaris | Mehrae: “We intercepted the transport. Don’t worry- they’ll be safe and returned to their ship after this is all over, but we cannot have them warning the Sedrae. Come with me.”

[Local]Sadia@gulrema:“Very well.” nods to others to follow

T’Vek of Vulcan@anncaris | The Mehrae turns to lead the way, “I am Teldiir Mormith-Saal. All you need to know is that there has been a change in leadership. Selkiin is no longer Taan. The rest, I will let our new Taan and her guests explain to you.”

Egzo@HF_Mud grunts in acknowledgment of this news.

[Local]Sadia@gulrema:completely calm “I am looking forward to it.”

T’Vek of Vulcan@anncaris | Teldiir: “We believe you will find this arrangement much more favourable than what the Sedrae can offer you.”

[Local]Sadia@gulrema:raises her eyebrow but offers no further comment at this point

T’Vek of Vulcan@anncaris | Teldiir leads the way into an audience hall, but they do not stop there. Instead, they turn down a set of stairs to what seems like a tactical room with various consoles and displays. In it stands a Mehrae female with red, orange and black armour, a Mehrae male on the tall side of the species wearing a suit of armour that seems unpainted or at least much less colourful than usual, being a monotone grey. This Mehrae keeps his helmet on, unlike the female nor Teldiir. With the two Mehrae in the room is…an Orion female.

T’Vek of Vulcan@anncaris | Grey-Suit turns around first at their approach, “Welcome. We were expecting you.”

[Local]Sadia@gulrema:"So it seems. Whom do we have honor addressing?

T’Vek of Vulcan@anncaris | Grey-Suit: “I’m Alkaas Medrae-Taan, and this is the new Mormith-Taan, Nitran. Our foreign ally here, I believe, is also an ally of yours.”

T’Vek of Vulcan@anncaris | As they approach, they can see that the Orion is indeed very very familiar…

[Local]Sadia@gulrema:nods respectfully to both Taans, and turns to the orion

Aestae Vali@crystyl | The Orion gives a friendly smile and wave, “Hello! Nice to some friendly green skin around here for a change. Tabadi Mysti - representative of the Colonial Fleet at your service”

T’Vek of Vulcan@anncaris | The Orion does indeed look- and sound- exactly like Mysti.

[Local]Sadia@gulrema:blinks once, twice Is this some kind of a bad joke?

Aestae Vali@crystyl | “Mysti” tilts her head a little, giving a puzzled look to her local hosts and shrugs.

T’Vek of Vulcan@anncaris | Alkaas: “You’re familiar with the Colonial Fleet, aren’t you? You fought together against the Scryer, after a bit of a rough start initially, I admit.”

[Local]Sadia@gulrema:suppresses a low growl Tabadi Mysti died in the line of duty. She died in front of my very eyes. What is this?

T’Vek of Vulcan@anncaris | Alkaas: “This is the representative the Colonial Fleet sent me.”

Aestae Vali@crystyl has a lightbulb moment, “Aah, so you knew the first one then! How wonderful! Perhaps then it would help you to know that my full name is Mysti-One”

[Local]Sadia@gulrema:she turns to Aestae Does the Tabadi Circle know of this?

Aestae Vali@crystyl | Aestae shrugs, “No idea, but I doubt it”

Egzo@HF_Mud mutters, “First the Founders 'n Vorta, then the Scryer, and now…”

[Local]T’Vek of Vulcan@anncaris:“The Colonial Fleet has been known to utilize clones for some time.”

Aestae Vali@crystyl | Mysti smiles and nods, “So very much like the Vorta, yes!”

[Local]Sadia@gulrema:takes a deep breath I am aware of that. Does this include cloning allies without their permission?

[Local]Aestae Vali@crystyl:“Well the Colonial Fleet and OSN weren’t exactly allies when the sample was first obtained. And since she kind of died and all since then, it was a little hard to obtain it…”

[Local]Sadia@gulrema:rises hand Let’s shelve this for the time being. turns to Taans I am listening to your proposal.

[Team]Sadia@gulrema:aka let’s switch the subject before I explode

[Team]T’Vek of Vulcan@anncaris:hehe

[Team]Egzo@HF_Mud:yyyyyeah.

T’Vek of Vulcan@anncaris | Alkaas: “Good, let’s get down to business. You’re no doubt familiar with our history. You know that we never truly recovered from the Cardassian Occupation. The Cardassians are long gone, but we continue to battle ourselves, with those who become the strongest selling ourselves out to die in other people’s conflicts, rather than forging a legacy of our own.”

T’Vek of Vulcan@anncaris | “I set out to change all that, to unite the Mehrae into a single fighting force. But the clans who have grown accustomed to latinum and Carran credits stand in my way. You’ve no doubt heard about the conflict already, though I’m not sure how much you were told about what we were fighting for.”

[Local]Sadia@gulrema:“That attack on Sedrae earlier today, that was your doing?”

T’Vek of Vulcan@anncaris | Alkaas: “No, that was a reckless move performed by a new Taan eager to prove himself. But if you witnessed the attack, then you must have seen that we are underequipped. I have just as many warriors as the clans who wish to continue selling themselves out, and these warriors are just as skilled too- you’ve seen their valour and prowess on the battlefield. But we lack the arms and equipment they’ve bought with credits and latinum.”

T’Vek of Vulcan@anncaris | “I sought my own allies from afar- the Colonial Fleet was sympathetic to our cause, but they had to pull back almost all their forces to deal with a threat marching on their home, and could only spare me this representative. I had hoped the presence of a faction you’ve fought beside in the past might help persuade you, but seems your relationship with these New Worlders is more tumultuous than I expected.”

Egzo@HF_Mud deadpans, “Could say that.”

T’Vek of Vulcan@anncaris | Alkaas: “The mercenary clans and their ships are a problem for me- but even their technology and equipment cannot stand against yours. I seek your aid, and in return I will offer you this: once I have control over Meht, I will offer you all the forces I have to spare to aid you, free of charge. They will not be mercenaries but allies, bound not by a contract but by true warrior’s honour.”

T’Vek of Vulcan@anncaris | “I will need to keep some forces here to maintain order of course, but I am certain the number of forces I will be able to spare will outnumber what the mercenary clans are willing to sell you. I do not ask you to commit to a full war. I seek only your aid in one battle- to topple the Sedrae clan and their great city.”

[Local]Sadia@gulrema:she glances at Mysti-One while Alkaas is talking, trying to gauge her reaction

T’Vek of Vulcan@anncaris: | “Once Dalviin’s clan, or what remains of it after the battle, joins with me, the other mercenary clans will soon fall in line, and the last bastions of resistance will be easily dealt with using the equipment from Sedrae’s armouries.”

[Local]Aestae Vali@crystyl:“The Supreme Commander sent me here to help these people; to help them find the same strength in unity the Orion and Arshai settlers of Vue En have done. I am a clone, not a puppet; and I would not be here if I did not believe in their cause. Whilst I like to believe there has to be a cleaner way than essentially conquering the other clans, it seems to be what works for these people.”

Egzo@HF_Mud asks Alkaas, with a nod of his own to the ‘new’ Mysti: “Ya offer them the same deal?”

T’Vek of Vulcan@anncaris | Alkaas: “No. The new, united Meht will be allies of the New World, of course, but I have not promised them any direct aid. They are simply here because they support my cause and believe that civilizations should be unified and self-sufficient rather than be known as nothing more than hired muscle.”

Egzo@HF_Mud nods again, knowing something of that himself. He looks to Sadia.

[Local]Sadia@gulrema:“Well, I will not get in your way. However, I have no intention to help you at this time.” raises hand to motion she has more to say, before she gets interrupted

[Local]Sadia@gulrema:“Firstly, I already have to deal with a civil war, and I have no intentions of helping start another one. Secondly, I gave my word to Dalviin, and I have no intention to break it, let alone betray their hospitality by backstabbing them.”

[Team]Egzo@HF_Mud:*isn’t sure there was any actual word-giving earlier, but he’s not about to question or undercut the boss here. ;)

[Local]Sadia@gulrema:“Thirdly, my task force, due to nature of our position, relies on significant mercenary help. Their presence has been invaluable to our survival and I do not disparage them for their lot in life. Mercenaries who keep their end of the bargain will always find place in my task force.”

Egzo@HF_Mud looks a bit smug about that.

[Team]Sadia@gulrema:sadia made a deal with dalviin at the end of last event

T’Vek of Vulcan@anncaris | Alkaas: “The civil war is already underway here, but I respect your sense of honour. My campaign against the mercenary clans will continue, but I will make no attempts to directly impede your search for mercenaries. I do not fault you for seeking hired aid, only my own people for selling themselves out where they are capable of so much more if we worked together towards a common goal.”

T’Vek of Vulcan@anncaris | “The mercenary clans may be able to offer less warriors than usual with the war ongoing here, but those who they send with you, I will make no effort to stop. I have no desire to challenge the Klingon Empire as my people once challenged the Cardassians.”

[Local]Sadia@gulrema:"I am glad you understand my position. I will not impede your own action, though I must ask that our Representative is returned to his vessel unharmed once we leave.

T’Vek of Vulcan@anncaris | Nitran Mormith-Taan speaks up, “Your Carran representative will be returned to you. The Mormith clan no longer works as mercenaries, but you are free to depart and search among the other clans.”

[Team]Sadia@gulrema:lol, I didn’t forget our poor carran

[Local]Sadia@gulrema:to Nitran Thank you.

[Team]T’Vek of Vulcan@anncaris:Hehe

[Local]Sadia@gulrema:turns to Mysti-One Tabadi…I wish you success in your endeavor here. Know that your…original holds a great place in my heart, and that seeing someone else use their name and face is…hard to swallow at this time. But I hold you no ill will, and I hope I will be able to show you more respect next time.

Aestae Vali@crystyl bows her head, “I understand and wish you the best of fortune on your upcoming endeavours. If I can be of any assistance to you while you work with the clans here, you need but only ask”

[Local]Sadia@gulrema:“I believe you will have your hands full here. Until next time.” turns to Taans With your permission, we will head back to our ship.

T’Vek of Vulcan@anncaris | Nitran nods, “Go ahead. The Carran has already been returned.”

[Local]Sadia@gulrema:polite half-bow Strength and Honor.

[Local]Sadia@gulrema:when they make some distance from the town, she takes a deep sigh that turns into a low growl I need a stiff drink. Contact Fellen, check if he’s all right and tell him we are taking a short break.

[Local]Sadia@gulrema:Also make sure our deal with Sedrae is signed, and that his forces are getting loaded and ships ready to move out by tomorrow morning.

T’Vek of Vulcan@anncaris nods and opens a communicator, announcing after a minute, “Fellen is unharmed. He apologizes for being unaware of the change of leadership with the Mormith. It must have only just occurred.”

Egzo@HF_Mud nods to Sadia again, looking around before adding, "Before that whole business with… her, I was gonna say…

[Local]Sadia@gulrema:turns to Egzo Hm?

[Local]Egzo@HF_Mud:“That attack was /awful/ convenient. I wouldn’t be s’prised if it was staged for us. Even with real deaders.”

[Local]Sadia@gulrema:to T’Vek Such things happen, we have to improvise now and then. to Egzo You mean, the Kedmett Taan was proving himself to Dalviin? chuckles Wouldn’t surprise me at this point.

[Local]T’Vek of Vulcan@anncaris:“But as Fellen said, it may be best not to involve ourselves too deeply in Mehrae politics.”

[Local]T’Vek of Vulcan@anncaris:“It could be an elaborate display, however, uncovering it will do us no good.”

[Local]Sadia@gulrema:Still, deal is a deal…and yeah, I’m staying out of this civil war, we will soon have enough on our plate as it is.

Egzo@HF_Mud nods again. “We already got /Klingon/ politics t’ deal with.”

[Local]Sadia@gulrema:“Also, did I hear wrong or does the Colonial Fleet have their own problems back at home?” to Aestae Did you notice that?

[Local]Aestae Vali@crystyl:“I assume that’s the whole ‘imminent galactic doom’ and ‘army of the dead’ malarky or whatever that the Circle diverted the OSN fleet for”

[Local]Sadia@gulrema:grumbles We really live in interesting times. Anyhow, back to ships, quick rest, and then we continue recruitment drive.

1 Like