24 Oct: Old allies, old feuds, part 3

Task force Hurq Mevik and allies debrief a rescued Sorzal officer from the Kunang shipyard…

Shift Time: Sunday, Oct 24, Alpha -1

Audience: KDF and allies

Event Type: Social RP

Starting Point: Starship bridge/infirmary

GM: @gulremal

Intermission in the Infirmary

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: <FX> Half an hour after the battle with lethean mercenaries, the team assembles in the medbay of Hag’lhr. Lt. Mayaq, pilot of the unfortunate shuttle, has regained consciousness but is unable to move, as his left arm and leg were heavily mangled in the battle and are undergoing reconstructive surgery.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: Mayaq: fixes the arrivals with a curious gaze as he’s practically tied to the biobed Are you responsible for my rescue?

[Local] B’Atar@anncarise: “My transporter operator was. These injuries from enemy fire, or from the transport?”

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: Doctor: Leg was damaged in the firefight - heavy plasma burns and explosion shrapnel. Arm was damaged by all the metal that was warped during transport. We’ll fix it within 2-3 days.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: Mayaq: Bah! As long as I live enough to deliver the message, that’s all I need.

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: “Some of those moves you pulled took real guramba.”

B’Atar@anncarise nods in agreement, “Like taking on the Letheans in a single Toron! What message do you need to deliver? And to who?”

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: Mayaq: grunts I wish I could have stayed with the shipyard, but someone who knew how to properly fly had to warn the others coming to help.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: Mayaq: to B’atar You are part of Woldan’s relief force?

[Local] B’Atar@anncarise: “Aye, we are.”

Egzo@HF_Mudd nods also.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: Mayaq:he squints, like trying to discern their intentions, then relaxes Orion mercs moved quicker than we expected. They had saboteurs, cowardly traitors, on their side, too. They deployed some kind of computer virus, then destroyed the main facility’s power distribution nodes and main computer core.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: Mayaq: We managed to kill them before they overloaded main reactor. However, main facility was already out of action by that time. Commander D’ruth died in the battle, and 1st officer, lieutenant commander Litang ordered me to take one of the few remaining shuttles and warn any incoming allies.

[Local] B’Atar@anncarise: “So the station’s without defenses now?”

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: Mayaq: coughs As I was leaving the main facility, I saw the orion merc fleet approaching in loose formation and launching assault shuttles. Huv defense satellite network appeared inactive, but then it started powering up again. And than it rained destruction. winces as combo of nanites and regenerators keeps working on fixing his body parts

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: Mayaq: First wave of assault shuttles was completely obliterated, and forward frigates were getting pounded. I cried in triumph, only to realize the closest satellite took my shuttle in the target lock. Kahless was guiding me, as I do not know how I escaped the barrage, even under cloak. nods towards his left leg That was the price.

[Local] B’Atar@anncarise: “You think it was an accident, or the virus caused the defense network to target anything?”

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: Mayaq: I am not sure, but I had to guess, the satellite cyberwarfare defense suite most likely rebooted the system into emergency mode, wiping all friend-or-foe settings.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: Mayaq: Whatever that virus was, it must have been something really nasty to provoke such reaction. Nuv defense satellites have the most expensive computer systems in the Empire.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: Mayaq: grumbles Heck, each satellite probably costs more than a mint Vor’cha battlecruiser.

[Local] B’Atar@anncarise: “So we’re probably gonna have to deal with our own defenses. That’ll make things interesting. They’re still powered up, right?”

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: Mayaq: Yes, each satellite has its own fusion reactor. With their internal fuel supply, they can run for a year before resupply is necessary.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: Mayaq: Facility CO had the command codes for the system. But with her dead, and computer core busted, we need to get codes from the House HQ.

[Local] B’Atar@anncarise: “Will we have to get on the station to use these codes, or is transmitting from afar enough?”

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: Mayaq: And knowing them, they will not risk subspace transmission and will insist on delivering them by courier. So yes, for all tactical purposes, the satellites will be hostile until they deliver them. And considering the current chaos, that will not happen before the merc force either finds a way around or brute forces through.

Egzo@HF_Mudd hrms and nods again.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: Mayaq: The good news, if there are such, is that their first attack cost them at least a quarter of their force. If I could trust my sensors.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: Mayaq: They expected the satellites to be down, and they got caught by surprise. I doubt they’ll fall for it again.

[Local] B’Atar@anncarise: “But the Letheans’ll still have to deal with them if they attack again, right?”

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: Mayaq: Satellites are active and will attack anyone in range, yes. Though whoever is leading the mercs is too smart to just brute force the defenses. Too costly for them.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: Mayaq: When they arrived a week ago, they immediately set a shop at the hydrogen mining facility we have in the orbit of the local gas giant. We mined that place well, but they cleared it out in hours and now use it as a sort of forward base and supply station.

[Local] B’Atar@anncarise: “So it’s better for us to get the defenses on side first, so we can have them to support when we ward off the mercs?”

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: Mayaq: After that, they set up patrol perimeter around the shipyards, cutting our comms and reinforcements.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: Mayaq: to B’atar They keep a sharp eye on local space. They will see your task force coming, and try to cut you off from approaching the shipyards.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: Mayaq: However, there’s an option to weaken them, if someone is crazy enough… I would volunteer, but your doctor will most likely just knock me out.

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: “Probably. Good thing we’re here, then.”

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: “Crazy’s pretty much what we do.”

B’Atar@anncarise grins, “What’s the option?”

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: Mayaq: Hydrogen mining facility - they usually have a sizeable chunk of their force stationed there, including their command ship. Mostly cruisers that ain’t on patrol duty. Sneak in there, hit the compressed hydrogen tanks. That will do some serious damage to anything close, and ignite upper atmo of the giant for the extra effect. grunts Only a small force will be able to evade their sensors and tachyon sweeps, though.

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: “You’re right, it’s crazy. I like it.”

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: Mayaq: shrugs and winces Well, hydrogen isn’t as potent as anti-matter or other military grade stuff, but they’ll lose their HQ and at least a couple of ships, and rest will need some serious drydock time. Might even make them rethink entire plan and call it quits. grins But I do hope they don’t. They need far more beating than that for what they did to my comrades.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: Mayaq: You COULD try to sneak past the orion sentries and Huv satellite network and see about fixing the computer core…but that’s completely another level of tempting bad luck.

[Local] B’Atar@anncarise: “I like the idea of hitting them first. They’ll have to deal with the satellites either way if they attack now.”

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: Mayaq: They just cannot be allowed to work uninterrupted on whatever are they are doing now to bypass the satellite defenses.
[Local] Sadia@gulremal: Mayaq: gets into coughing fit

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: Doctor: Okay, that was enough for now.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: Doctor: to Egzo He really needs to rest.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: Mayaq: I’ll rest when I’m dead! coughs

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: Doctor: That’s exactly what we are trying to avoid! Now shush or I’ll “knock you out”!

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: “No you won’t. You’ll go to Sto-vo-kor, fight all day and party all night. But not today.”

Egzo@HF_Mudd grins and pats the warrior on his good shoulder, and sees himself out of sickbay.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: – SCENE END –

1 Like