26 Apr: Into the Maw, part 2

Task Force Hurq Mevik strikes at the HQ of the Scryer Network! After overpowering the first line of defense, they are hailed by the Scryer himself...

--

When: Sunday, Apr 26, Alpha-1

Audience: Klingon and allies

Event type: Combat RP

Starting point: Starship bridge

OOC point of contact: @anncarise
1 Like
Spoiler: Mission logShow
B'Atar@anncarise FX | After crushing the Scryer's defensive fleet, Task Force H'urq Mevik and allies move in towards the Scryer's base when they are hailed by the Scryer himself...or the next closest thing, one -

B'Atar@anncarise - of the clone bodies he usually communicates through.

B'Atar@anncarise | The visage of former Obsidian Order agent turned information broker Eren Lokan looms on all the viewscreens of the allied ships.

B'Atar@anncarise | Lokan: "You've proven yourself more than capable of being a serious annoyance to my plans. I know you Klingons aren't one for cutting a deal, but allow me to make an offer."

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: *rises eyebrow, but doesn't comment for now*

B'Atar@anncarise | Azara: "Azara does not believe the Scryer is in a position to negotiate."

B'Atar@anncarise | Lokan: "Oh, but I am." He gives a very ominous, Cardassian grin.

B'Atar@anncarise | Kayd: "Fine, we'll humour you. What do you propose?"

[Team] Sadia@gulremal: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/524036106618130985/

[Team] B'Atar@anncarise: Hahaha yes

[Team] B'Atar@anncarise: Exactly that

B'Atar@anncarise | Lokan: "Would you believe me if I said we go our separate ways and I promise never to bother any of your peoples again?"

[Team] Egzo@HF_Mudd: and here I thought it was going to be Marc Alaimo (Dukat) being Insufferably Smug.

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: "Nah."

[Team] Sadia@gulremal: nah we need OO agent

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: "I am very skeptical, especially since we still have a score to settle with your ex-klingon employee."

B'Atar@anncarise | Lokan: "I thought not. I will permit one operative from each of your factions to oversee while we cancel all current and planned operations against your peoples. And then we will give them any -

[Local] B'Atar@anncarise: - data we have on your enemies or would-be enemies. The Breen, the Tzenkethi, the Syndicate, the Federation, everything we have on them as of now, for a little parting gift."

B'Atar@anncarise | Lokan: "And V'Ku is all yours. In return, you leave this base, and what's left of my operation, alone."

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: "And what happens if we refuse?"

B'Atar@anncarise | Lokan: "Well then we'll enter a stalemate that benefits neither of us."

B'Atar@anncarise | Azara: "Stalemate? From what Azara can see, this force has the base outgunned."

B'Atar@anncarise | Lokan: "You're free to test that theory."

Egzo@HF_Mudd somehow resists the temptation to open fire at that, and instead lets the talky people keep talking.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: "That's very tempting, considering your offer is very... unmotivating."

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: *sends a text message to everyone* We are nuking this guy, right? I can chat him up to buy time, if you have a cunning plan.

B'Atar@anncarise | Lokan: "Trust me, the information I have to give you will go a long way."

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: "Really? How can I be sure that info is correct? Such intel will need confirmation, and that will take time, by which you will be long gone."

B'Atar@anncarise | <Text - Kayd> "This station of his isn't even shielded. It's using a form of hull polarization. Either he is bluffing or it has something deep inside that we can't see with sensors."

B'Atar@anncarise | Lokan: "Your call. Take the deal, or see what cards I have left to play first. I'd advise against the latter, but I suspect you'll be intact enough to take the deal afterwards."

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: <Text - Sadia> "This guy has hurt you folks the most. I am for teaching him a lesson, but will defer to your decision."

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: "You seem to be awfully confident in your station's capabilities."

B'Atar@anncarise <Text - Kayd> "He's used to using lies and deceit to get his way. I wouldn't trust that deal of his. Whether to call this bluff of his though...what do you think, Lorri?"

Lorri@crystyll <Text> If he had the capacity to push us back as he eludes to, he would not waste time trying to bribe us. He is either defeated and desperate, or stalling for time

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: <Text-Sadia> Egzo, any ideas of what tricks would he deploy on a station that doesn't have shielding?"

B'Atar@anncarise | Lokan: "Oh I know it's capable of holding off your assault force, but I don't want to get into an extended siege any more than you do."

[Tell] B'Atar@anncarise: The station's hull is partially made up of a neutronium alloy, so it would be tougher than the hull of an average station. However the majority appears to comprise of an -

[Tell] B'Atar@anncarise: - unidentified mineral, not registered in any known database

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: "Are you sure about that? There are many interested parties that would want to have you gone that it might make siegeing you worth the effort."

B'Atar@anncarise | Lokan: "For them, maybe. But they're not the ones doing all the hard work, are they? You are, and the cost to benefit for you doesn't look so good."

Egzo@HF_Mudd thinks a bit, then starts tapping at his armrest.

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: <Text> Something in that hull alloy we can't pin down. Might reflect weapons.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: "It's a good thing then that my employers do not care that much for the cost benefit analysis, hm? I will need more than just spy intel to change my mind."

[Local] Lorri@crystyll: "The question is, Lokan; what is the cost-to-benefit for you that justifies your offer?"

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: <Text> Energy weapons? Would torps work if we focus fire on a certain section?

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: <Text> Maybe? No idea what it does, so

B'Atar@anncarise | Lokan: "Keep the ships you captured. Not much else I can offer right now. And the benefit for me...well I get to live, won't I?"

[Local] Lorri@crystyll: "Which is only a benefit worth your negotiating for if you have are - in fact - already defeated and out of cards"

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: "And how about a counteroffer? You pack up your coffers and leave the station with all it's contents to us. You get to live, and we get a proper trophy."

B'Atar@anncarise | Lokan: "I'm afraid not. The station is too central to my operations."

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: <Text> He's most likely just stalling for time. If he has some secret weapon, we are giving him more time to deploy it.

[Local] Lorri@crystyll: <Text> Or for V'Ku to arrive and save him...

B'Atar@anncarise | Lokan: "As for being defeated...I'll admit, you have me cornered. But you know what they say about a cornered foe..."

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: "Yes, and we are not afraid of challenge. Last chance, Scryer."

[Team] Sadia@gulremal: ie, unless someone really wants to cut a deal, we will be moving to boss fight stage 2

B'Atar@anncarise | Lokan smiles ominously again, "I don't have much maneuvering room here, seeing as I'm on an immobile station. The choice is yours."

[Team] Warhunter Ku'jho@Domarg: Is the station spherical, or another design?

[Team] B'Atar@anncarise: https://i.imgur.com/wwxtBnC.jpg

[Local] Warhunter Ku'jho@Domarg: <to the captains> Then let usss feed the pitsss of Gre'thor with their charred carcasssesss.

[Local] B'Atar@anncarise: <Text> "I like the Gorn's attitude."

Egzo@HF_Mudd grins nastily.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: "In that case, let's see what you've got." *cuts comms* All ships, start cycling shield frequencies, keep watch on enemy power signature and try to locate station's deflectors!"

B'Atar@anncarise | The comm cuts and the image of the station looms on everyone's viewscreens: https://i.imgur.com/wwxtBnC.jpg

Egzo@HF_Mudd passes the order along to his officers.

B'Atar@anncarise | Kayd: "No visible deflector systems on the exterior. Their power levels are what you'd expect from a station that size. Weapons powered up, but not targetting any of us yet."

[Local] Warhunter Ku'jho@Domarg: Sssience, give usss a ssscan of the ssstation with emphasssisss on ssshield generatorsss.

[Emotes] Warhunter Ku'jho@Domarg: rolls 15 (1-100)

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: "Any large openings or bay blast doors also have priority, the sooner we bring this battle inside, the better!"

[Local] Warhunter Ku'jho@Domarg: Ssscience, what isss the hullsss material?

[Emotes] Warhunter Ku'jho@Domarg: rolls 40 (1-100)

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: "Lorri, Kayd, can we coordinate a way to boost sensors to break through that sensor blocking?"

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: *Sadia types and shouts, and soon her task force splits in two groups, one with heavier ships and one with swifter vessels."

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: *

[Team] Lorri@crystyll: did i miss something on the sensor blocking? Been scrolling back but can't see any reference to it?

[Team] B'Atar@anncarise: it was way back in the last event I think!

[Team] Lorri@crystyll: oh christ, i've slept since then

B'Atar@anncarise | Kayd: "I don't see any way for our sensors to get through. They have multiple layers, some due to the minerals in the hull and some due to fields they've set up."

[Team] Sadia@gulremal: last event we figured out their armor plating/hull is blocking sensor scans, station has no shields but uses hull polarization

[Local] Warhunter Ku'jho@Domarg: <C-to captains> Twenty percent neutronium. Sssuggessst we concentrate fire if we can get a good ssscan of a weak point.

[Team] Lorri@crystyll: oh armour plating sure

[Team] Lorri@crystyll: didn't realize you meant that as active sensor blocking that could be bypassed. i'll just go back to sleep...

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: "Okay, then we will have to punch a way through! Heavy attack group, target torpedoes at this section.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: - Light attack group, be ready to swoop in on my command, keep an eye on surprises like V'Ku reinforcements."

[Local] B'Atar@anncarise: "Aye Captain!"

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: "Hazard systems on standby in case he tries to use some science tricks! Heavy group, fire torpedoes!"

[Local] Warhunter Ku'jho@Domarg: Aye Captain.

[Emotes] Warhunter Ku'jho@Domarg: rolls 50 (1-100)

B'Atar@anncarise FX | The torpedoes fly from the heavier ships, impacting the identified point on the station...

B'Atar@anncarise | Kayd: "Armour integrity in that region is dropping. 90% 85. Something's happening..."

B'Atar@anncarise | Azara: "The station's armour is in an advanced dispersive configuration. The energy is being transferred to the rest of the hull to minimize damage."

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: "We got enough firepower to take it apart anyway. But."

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: "Gonna take time."

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: "On the OTHER hand, every known superconductor's gotta point where it stops bein' that."

[Local] B'Atar@anncarise: "It has to crack eventually."

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: "Can we disrupt that energy transfer by hitting adjacent parts of the hull with nausicaan or orion energy draining?"

B'Atar@anncarise | Kayd: "Maybe, but that'll take a while. And they're already reinforcing SIF and trying to counter the damage we've done so far."

B'Atar@anncarise | Kayd: "They seem to be retaining most of the energy. If we want to drain as much as we hit them with...well, I suspect they might be able to fix up faster than we can hurt them."

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: "Then we need to disable their power source somehow. Any ideas? And no, we can't wait for Daramar to use as a battering ram."

Egzo@HF_Mudd starts holding up fingers. "Take out their reactors; take out the transfer conduits..."

[Local] Warhunter Ku'jho@Domarg: Ssscience, can we ussse a warp ssshuttle to warp into the ssstation to caussse enough damage, sssay loaded with ten quantum torpedo heads?

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: "Create feedback..."

Egzo@HF_Mudd pauses a moment to look sidelong at the holo of the Gorn, with the "bigger hammer" suggestion.

[Local] Warhunter Ku'jho@Domarg: Tactical, rig a warp ssshuttle with quantum warheadsss and prepare to warp it directly into the ssstation.

[Local] Warhunter Ku'jho@Domarg: Figure ussse ten warheadsss, or however many the ssshuttle can hold.

B'Atar@anncarise | A few minutes later, G'Quan tactical reports the shuttle is ready with as many quantums stuck inside as can fit.

B'Atar@anncarise | Kayd: "That's a lotta hardware to sacrifice on one projectile, but taking out that base? Definitely worth it."

[Local] Warhunter Ku'jho@Domarg: <looks to Sadia> On your order captain...

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: "Okay, heavy squadron, keep firing, let us try to deal as much damage as we can to weaken that location for the shuttle ram!"

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: *to Ku'jho, as soon as that spot starts weakening, deploy the shuttle."

[Local] Warhunter Ku'jho@Domarg: Ssscience, keep ssscan of that area, when at bessst weakessst moment, fire.

B'Atar@anncarise FX | Heavy squadron keeps firing. Armour drops to 80%...75%...

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: "Egzo, move in with light squadron and start disruting power as much as you can.

B'Atar@anncarise | Kayd: "Something's happening...the power the station is holding looks like it's starting to overload..."

B'Atar@anncarise | Kayd: "Energy readings are flaring up to some serious levels!"

[Local] B'Atar@anncarise: ((Everyone roll!))

[Emotes] Sadia@gulremal: rolls 99 (1-100)

[Emotes] Warhunter Ku'jho@Domarg: rolls 38 (1-100)

[Emotes] B'Atar@anncarise: rolls 95 (1-100)

[Team] B'Atar@anncarise: should've brought Daramar

[Team] B'Atar@anncarise: Would've rammed that station to death with that roll

[Team] B'Atar@anncarise: hehe

[Team] Sadia@gulremal: ah well, pity we didn't bring the Final Argument :)

[Emotes] Egzo@HF_Mudd: rolls 62 (1-100)

[Emotes] Lorri@crystyll: rolls 27 (1-100)

[Emotes] B'Atar@anncarise: rolls 92 (1-100)

B'Atar@anncarise FX | A massive shockwave emits outward from the station, sweeping across the entire task force. Ships are thrown around as shields collapse and systems begin shorting out...

[Tell] B'Atar@anncarise: Hagl'hr loses shields but is otherwise alright!

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: *curses in klingon* All ships damage report!

[Local] Warhunter Ku'jho@Domarg: Ssscience do you ssstill have control of the ssshuttle, if ssso ..Fire!

Egzo@HF_Mudd reports from a bridge that is now much smokier, with alarms sounding in the background. "Shields down, structural integrity... holding."

B'Atar@anncarise | Jub'roH Captain: "IKS Jub'roH, shields down!"

[Local] Warhunter Ku'jho@Domarg: <C> Ssshieldsss down asss well. Attempting to fire the ssshuttle.

[Local] Lorri@crystyll: "We've lost shields and portside cannons are offline. Otherwise, holding strong at 95% hull integrity"

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: "Y'know they're just gonna - SHUT UP THAT ALARM - gonna keep doin' that, with whatever energy we throw at 'em."

B'Atar@anncarise | Mo'Hut Captain: "...Mo'Hut...disabled...systems offline...adrift. Hull...holding...comm-"

[Local] Warhunter Ku'jho@Domarg: <C> Sssomeone else take control of the ssshuttle and fire it, while their sssyssstem isss ssstill recharging.

B'Atar@anncarise | Borkan Captain: "IKS Borkan, shields down, engines and weapons offline!"

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: "All ships fall back to the edge of weapon range, ships that can move tractor disables vessels outta weapons range, and reform on Hom Qawwl'!"

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: "Too bad we don't got a singularity to..." *winces as a conduit overhead blows out and showers him with sparks*

B'Atar@anncarise | K'galan Captain: "IKS K'galan, forward shields and weapons are down, rest are holding!"

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: "Right, Hag'lhr backin' off."

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: "Tactical, copy our shield frequencies and configuration and send to everyone who still has them or can bring them back online."

B'Atar@anncarise | Kayd: "...hear me? Kayeri Vaj here, we've lost shields and just re-established comms. Hold fire on that warp torpedo! If the base takes in that energy and sends it back out at us, most of us -

B'Atar@anncarise - can't take another hit like that!"

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: "Ku'jho, stop the shuttle launch. We need to know more about this."

B'Atar@anncarise reappears on comms after a moment, "San'leth here, we've lost shields but we're still operational! Towing the Nom'etlh to regroup, looks like they've been hit hard and lost comms."

[Local] Warhunter Ku'jho@Domarg: <C> Aye, we'll get it back sssoon asss we can. Sssyssstemss were knocked down.

[Emotes] Warhunter Ku'jho@Domarg: rolls 61 (1-100)

[Local] Warhunter Ku'jho@Domarg: Ssshuttle control regained, returning to ssship.

B'Atar@anncarise | Kayd: "Captain Cynis, if you still have anyone on board that Ferengi ship you captured I suggest getting them out now. They didn't have shields when the shockwave hit and their core's starting -

[Local] B'Atar@anncarise: - to go critical."

Egzo@HF_Mudd mutters, mostly to his officers, "Damn tricky bastard managed to invent corbomite."

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: *barks the orders to ops to start beaming people from the D'Kora*

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: "Or found someone who did..."

Egzo@HF_Mudd shakes his head and dismisses the thought; doesn't matter right now.

[Emotes] Sadia@gulremal: rolls 85 (1-100)

B'Atar@anncarise FX | There is a flash some ways from the station as the D'Kora's core goes critical and explodes.

B'Atar@anncarise | Azara: "The coilguns in Azara's battleship relies primarily on penetrative power. The weapon will still produce some kinetic energy from the impact, but Azara thinks the battleship has a chance -

[Local] B'Atar@anncarise: - at punching through the hull."

B'Atar@anncarise | Kayd: "I don't suggest we try anything until we know more about that station first. That D'Kora could've been one of our own."

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: "Yes, but how do we learn more if we can't scan through it's defenses?"

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: "An' hittin' what? That stuff scatters sensors as well as weapons. We don't got precise systems targeting."

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: "We can't even locate any openings to sneak our troops in."

Egzo@HF_Mudd finishes his angry little rant, finally 'hears' what Sadia was saying at the same time, and gives an ironic grunt of agreement.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: "However, I won't give up or give in to Scryer demands either."

B'Atar@anncarise | Kayd: "Nothing's invulnerable. There has to be a way to bring down that station. But you're right, I don't think we're gonna find it here. We need to look somewhere else."

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: "Do you have any clues?"

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: "Like I said, too bad we don't have Shecky or another Romulan along. Let's see how smug he is, smeared an atom thick across an event horizon."

B'Atar@anncarise | Kayd: "We have the Mogai we captured, but the singularity core's been shut down. Permanently. They tried to self-destruct when we boarded, we did what we had to."

Egzo@HF_Mudd nods to Kayd.

B'Atar@anncarise | Kayd: "But remember the old Obsidian Order reports about Lokan doing recon in this unexplored sector and finding advanced alien tech? Well, he might've restored that station to working order, -

[Local] B'Atar@anncarise: - but it's not the only place their tech can be found. We study their tech, maybe we can find a weakness."

B'Atar@anncarise | Kayd: "In the meantime, I guess the Scryer was right about a siege. We'll have to keep some ships here, make sure he doesn't try to run or anything."

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: "It could take us months, if not years, to find something like that. Do we have time and ships to do that?"

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: *sighs* "I guess we don't have much choice...for now."

B'Atar@anncarise | Kayd: "Luckily Lokan's done half the work for us already. The Cardassian reports have some archaeological sites. We just need to study them."

B'Atar@anncarise | Azara: "The Colonial Fleet task force will remain here to keep an eye on the station, but five ships may not be enough if the Scryer's allies return with reinforcements."

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: "Very well. I will set up the blockade, commander of Martok squadron will lead it, along with whatever ships our allies can spare."

B'Atar@anncarise | Kayd: "Kayeri Vaj can help with the research efforts. I'll pass the sites from the reports along to everyone, and see if the OSN can spare any more ships."

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: "Martok and Koloth squadron shall remain here to assist, Qib squadron will perform outward patrols for any possible ambushes."

B'Atar@anncarise | Kayd: "I suggest providing security to the science teams we send to these sites too. Once the Scryer figures what we're up to, he'll probably try to set back our progress as much as he can."

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: "All vessels damaged enough that require drydock work will return to SB 151. I will set up a supply line though stealth-capable transports to keep the blockade going."

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: "I guess we will have to adhere to 'patient hunter gets the prey' doctrine this time."

Egzo@HF_Mudd nods (reluctantly) to Sadia's image.

B'Atar@anncarise | Kayd: "Seems so. At least we know where the Scryer is, and if we're careful, it's only gonna be a matter of time until we deal with him for good."

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: "Okay folks, you got the orders, we will help haul the damaged ships back to base. I guess Scryer gets to live another day...for now."

B'Atar@anncarise --END SCENE--
1 Like