27 Sep: While you are here, part 2

KDF and allies meet with a possible ally in their efforts to shut down an illegal slave trade route...

--

When: Sunday, Sep 27, Alpha-1

Audience: Klingon and allies

Event type: Social RP

Starting point: Fleet dilithium mine

OOC point of contact: @gulremal
Spoiler: Mission logShow
[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: <FX> The meeting place with captain G'Kan to discuss his help againts the orion slaver activity is a privately run refueling station at the edge of the Donatu sector.

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: <FX> Place is mostly frequented by traders and transport ships, with an occasional KDF vessels checking in from time to time. G'Kan ship, Kitang bird of prey IKS Gorok is parked in orbit.

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: You find the captain in the large central room / mess hall of the facility. Before you can approach him, you see that his table is surrounded by 5 people - 3 orions, a human and a nausicaan.

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: All are armed, but no one has drawn their weapons...yet. Most of the other people seem to be ignoring the situation, and the biggest orion in the group is talking with G'Kan.

Egzo@HF_Mudd stands back, 'guarding' the ladies, and observes.

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: Orion: This is your last warning, old man. Keep poking your nose in things that don't concern you, and you'll be lucky if that's the only thing you'll lose.

Istar@anncarise comments quietly to Lorri, "And I thought the only Klingons who kept such interesting company were mercs and warriors who work with mercs out on the fringes."

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: G'Kan: *leans on the wall behind him, one of his hands on the table* Oh really? I thought you guys were smarter than that, threatening an officer of the Empire. Maybe it's you who should remember where you are?

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: Nausicaan: *cracks her knuckles* Maybe we should break your legs and arms, and see how your "rank" will help you then?

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: G'Kan: *chuckles* You're welcome to try! I could use some recreation, the bloodwine in this place is diluted targ's piss, now that's a crime I tell ya!

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: Human: *noticing the trio, to orion in charge* Boss, we have company.

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: <FX> The nausicaan steps forward, raising her fists, but the orion leaders puts his hand in front of her while observing the newcomers* Not here. *after a quick glance, he turns back to G'Kan*

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: Orion: Nice try, old man. You got the message. This is the last one.

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: G'Kan: Good, if that means I won't have to see your ugly mug again.

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: Orion: *nods to others in his team* Let's go. Leave this fool to enjoy what's left of the rest of his life.

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: <FX> Orion and his team leaves, passing by the team, shooting an occasional glance at the trio. Except the nausicaan woman that winks at Egzo as she passes him by.

Egzo@HF_Mudd gives the other nausicaan the head-to-toe as she goes.

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: G'Kan: *watches them go as he takes a sip from the mug on his table, and makes a grimace* I'd be better drinking coolant fluid. Pheh!

Lorri@crystyll glances over her shoulder as they disappear, "It's people like that who continue to give us a bad name..." mostly under her breath to Istar, but perfectly audible

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: *she's not bad, not bad at all*

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: G'Kan: *as the orion and his group completely vacate the premises, G'Kan raises the other hand and puts a disruptor pistol on the table, as he eyes the trio*

Lorri@crystyll doesn't shift from her relaxed stance, letting him do whatever sizing up he's going to do

Egzo@HF_Mudd returns his attention to G'Kan, folding his arms over his chest.

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: G'Kan: Well, what are you waiting for? If I wanted to shoot you, I'd do it already!

[Local] Lorri@crystyll: "For your opening line, what there was of it... We are the outsiders here after all"

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: G'Kan: *turns around to an bar area behind him* Bartender! Bring more drinks for me and my guests! But not that piss you call a bloodwine!

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: G'Kan: *turns back to the team* Come on, sit with me...unless you too have a threat message for me.

Lorri@crystyll takes the invitation, "Not at all. Quite the contrary in fact; we come as allies"

Egzo@HF_Mudd takes a seat once Lorri does so, flanked by Istar on the other side.

Istar@anncarise steps over and takes a seat as well.

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: G'Kan: That's what your orion KDF friend said. Strange situation indeed, hope you can clarify it a bit.

[Local] Lorri@crystyll: "Sounds like you already have some of it down. What exactly have you been told?"

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: G'Kan: Your captain Cynis told me you need help with uncovering the Syndicate slave trade in this sector.

Lorri@crystyll nods, "A particular facility buried deep within Imperial territory. We have it uncovered, what we need to do now is shut it down"

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: G'Kan: Ah yes. Syndicate is playing a smart game, finding loopholes in the Imperial law. Anti-slavery policy was never properly defined, so they deal with "indentured servants" - people who willingly-

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: - enter servitude contracts to pay off their debts and such. As long as they have proper paperwork, no one is asking many questions. However, you and I know that most of these people didn't end up -

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: - there willingly, and unless you can find exact evidence of that, it's servants word against his "employer", and you can guess how that ends up.

Egzo@HF_Mudd nods. "Old dodge."

[Local] Lorri@crystyll: "You just summed up the entire Syndicate slave operation"

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: G'Kan: *leans forward* Now, you can come in there guns blazing, free the people and all, but you should focus on getting the computer logs of the prisoner processing. I can bet they are keeping neat-

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: - logs of everyone who passed through their hands, and with some backtracking enough proof can be gathered that many of these people were held there - and peddled elsewhere - without their consent.

Lorri@crystyll nods, "We'll be targeting that data as a matter of course. These liberations are pretty routine for us now, but the complication comes here from the location and potential KDF allegiance"

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: G'Kan: Yes, while Syndicate is forced into hiding and old cell-type organizations elsewhere, they've got no such trouble inside the klingon space. While many decent klingon folk despise Syndicate -

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: - presence, and some of the Great Houses would like to see the Syndicate burn, no one dares to openly defy the treaty - no one wants to give J'mpok the reason to discommendate them.

[Local] Lorri@crystyll: "That's where we come in. It's no secret that the OSN is in open war against the Syndicate at this point, so we can do the dirty work for you"

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: <FX> A klingon female arrives, bringing 4 cups of some steaming drink to the table, she serves it quickly, slaps G'Kan's arm and leaves*

[Local] Lorri@crystyll: "Which means you can sweep in as the conquering KDF heroes to claim a glorious victory once the political backlash is put aside"

Egzo@HF_Mudd smirks, and reaches for one of the cups.

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: G'Kan: *looks after the female for a second then refocuses on Lorri* I care little for heroism. As long as people are freed and Council puts Synicate activity under greater surveillance, it would -

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: - be a good step forward in stifling their influence in the sector. And it would make The Slug squirm. *takes the cup and smells it* Now, this actually smells like a proper firewine.

Lorri@crystyll nods, "Of course, a truly noble and honourable stance. But we both know the High Council will be most responsive to a 'glorious victory' over a 'stragetic Orion strike we had nothing to do with'"

[Local] Lorri@crystyll: "It's a means to an end" she smiles

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: G'Kan: *takes a sip, nods approvingly* Better. *to Lorri* Listen, if I get that data, I will bring it to my friend in House Martok. Lady Sirella owes me a favor, and she will gladly see that this -

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: - information actually makes its way to the Council meeting. Otherwise we risk the issue getting buried for weeks or months, with all this Mo'kai mess going on. House K'lek might also try a move, but

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: - that's out of our hands.

Egzo@HF_Mudd quietly drinks from his own cup, now that G'Kan has done so.

[Local] Lorri@crystyll: "current Imperial politics may well play a part in all of this. So we must be vigilant and certainly expect this to be a trap"

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: G'Kan: Also, my patrol will be on the other side of the sector for couple of weeks, most likely we'll be too late to stop whatever happens at the prison. Too bad.

[Local] Lorri@crystyll: "Still, any support you might be able to have... 'in the area'... should it come to it, may not be a bad thing"

Egzo@HF_Mudd shakes his head, pointing out to Lorri, "Support would have to be for Syndicate. Good 'allies' of Empire."

Egzo@HF_Mudd smirks, and drinks again.

[Team] Egzo@HF_Mudd: *is totally leaning on his accent and keeping his vocabulary simple for their host's benefit.

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: G'Kan: You should also expect Syndicate reinforcements. Ter'jas Mor might not be so close, but Syndicate's Rapid Response fleet still has some outposts, and local magistrate is on..."good terms" with Star Admiral Zessa Noloh, the chief of Syndicate's space forces.

[Local] Lorri@crystyll: "That's as we understand it" she nods

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: "Also hear you /not/ on 'good terms' with magistrate."

Istar@anncarise smirks, "More backup means more Syndicate we get to take down. Great, now I'm sounding like a Klingon, aren't I..."

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: G'Kan: *takes a sip, and grins at Egzo* Me and Slug? Heh, I'd give a fortune - if I had any - for a minute alone with that bastard, and no questions asked. Hell, half a minute would be enough.

[Local] Lorri@crystyll: "We'll consider that a bonus objective then"

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: G'Kan: Nah, focus on the evidence and freeing the people who shouldn't be in that place. That's the best way we can get to them, for now.

[Local] Lorri@crystyll: "Like I said; bonus objective"

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: G'Kan: But if you are looking for more firepower, there should be couple of smaller nausicaan clans with enough ships and guramba to take on the work.

[Local] Lorri@crystyll: "More unaffiliated smaller vessels to support the evacuation would be... advantageous"

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: G'Kan: For that, you are in the right place. This station is the popular place for many smaller traders and privateers who can't afford imperial facilities.

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: G'Kan: You could definitely find at least a few willing to risk their transports for a proper pay.

[Local] Lorri@crystyll: "Fortuitous indeed"

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: G'Kan: I know some of the folks, as I've been passing through here for the last 10 years. I'll send them your way, rest is up to you.

[Local] Lorri@crystyll: "Well then, seems we have everything in hand here"

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: G'Kan: *finishes off his drink* Unless you have more things to ask about?

Egzo@HF_Mudd drains his cup also.

Lorri@crystyll looks to the others if they have anything

[Local] Istar@anncarise: "Sounds like we got a plan."

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: G'Kan: If that's the case, I have some calls to make. We never had this conversation, of course. But if you need to talk some time later, I should be visiting Ganalda station in near future.

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: G'Kan: My bird needs some spare parts. *nods sagely as he gets up*

Lorri@crystyll nods and stands, "Keep your eyes on the holonet. May well be some... interesting news coming up shortly"

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: G'Kan: Well, it was nice chatting about politics, but I gotta go. Good luck with that...business deal, be careful around Drozana. They'll steal your navigational lights if you fly too close by!

Lorri@crystyll chuckles, "I'll keep it in mind"

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: *leaves laughing*

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: -- SCENE END --
1 Like