28 Apr: Lend me your ears

KDF and allies are planning an attack on the NCR listening post, in an attempt to slow down the NCR search for the old Cardassian military research facility and find some useful clues that will speed up their own search..

--

When: Sunday, Apr 28, Beta -1

Audience: Klingon and allies

Event type: Bridge RP

Starting point: Starship bridge

OOC point of contact: @gulremal

//OOC: there will be no official KDF event during Easter weekend. Happy holidays!
3 Likes
Spoiler: Mission LogShow
[Local] Sadia@gulremal: <FX> Three days after saving Natima Lang from Hirogen, KDF squadron is lurking in the outskirts of the local "badlands" region, a zone of almost constant ion storms and other troublesome space -

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: - phenomena. Just inside the badlands is the system where a hidden NCR listening post is located, and team is waiting the return of IKS Kor'goth, parasite craft of IKS Daramar and currently captained-

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: - by Sadia. She's filling in for damaged IKS Barut, who returned to SB 151 with Natima for full debriefing.

[Team] Sadia@gulremal: can you guys run this mission, will try to share it now

[Team] B'Atar@anncarise: I got it!

[Team] Lexi@crystyll: got it!

[Team] Egzo@HF_Mudd: I don't see it...?

[Team] Sadia@gulremal: it's the 1st mission in the redone cardie arc

[Team] Sadia@gulremal: Spoils of War

[Team] B'Atar@anncarise: mgiht have to grab the first intro bit if you haven't done that yet

[Team] Egzo@HF_Mudd: Okay, got.

[Team] B'Atar@anncarise: Awesome!

[Team] Sadia@gulremal: we will use it as visual presentation and enemy resistance, but let's not rush when we start it mkay? :)

[Team] Lexi@crystyll: gotcha :)

[Team] B'Atar@anncarise: Got it!

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: <FX> After a while, sensor show a bird of prey decloaking at some distance away, and holo-link is established...

[Team] B'Atar@anncarise: I'll try not to kill everything in 3 seconds

[Team] B'Atar@anncarise: hehe

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: <C> Cynis here, do you copy?

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: <C> Hey, Boss.

[Team] Lexi@crystyll: qanwi' isn't geared well at all, i won't be able to kill anything in 3secs haha!

[Local] B'Atar@anncarise: <C> I hear you, captain.

[Team] Sadia@gulremal: I'm thinking of switching to single target build just for such occasions, might keep battles longer

Lexi@crystyll waves

[Team] B'Atar@anncarise: Technically the ship I fly OOC isn't the San'leth, it's a random EereE patrol bird

[Team] B'Atar@anncarise: But it's a BoP and the closest I can get!

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: <C> I must say, I didn't do some decent snopping around in ages. It got dicey on couple of occasions, but no signs we were detected.

[Team] B'Atar@anncarise: Can't afford a Kelvin BoP and haven't gotten lucky enough with phoenix boxes to get a Breen raider!

[Team] B'Atar@anncarise: so it stands in for San'leth for now hehe

[Team] B'Atar@anncarise: Will just not activate my AoE abilities so I don't kill things too fast haha

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: <C> What'dja find?

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: <C> Main base for the listening post is located on one of the moons in the orbit of the only gas giant in the system. They even had a fake signal on the surface of the second moon, and there's -

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: - multiple scattered signatures around, most likely hidden defense/ambush turrets.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: <C> Main base if defended by half a dozen heavy disruptor turrets, one upgraded galor and half a dozen upgraded hidekis.

[Local] Lexi@crystyll: "Sounds fun"

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: <C> Oh yeah, lots of.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: <C> No sign of hirogen, but can't really exclude possibility of them hiding close by.

B'Atar@anncarise grins, "Hidekis, small and fast, just how I like my ship fights!"

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: <C> Yeah, we haven't picked up any traffic. Either they're out there, and cloaked, or they're keepin' this place isolated and quiet. 'Swhat I'd do, if I didn't wanna draw attention.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: <C> I couldn't get scans of the base, we'll have to deal with defenses first if we want to raid that place.

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: <C> We picked up a little scatter from their scans; looks like they've got all eyes on Ventraxian space.

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: <C> Ears, too, I'll bet.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: <C> Yeah, that's why I rushed here - Daramar is already in their space with some heavies, providing protection to Ventraxian convoys. It would seem Hirogen have started their raids, as Natima -

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: - predicted.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: <C> Also sent our reserves to watch the cardassian colonies under our control, but so far NCR is not targeting them.

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: <C> They won't, not yet. Not openly.

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: <C> They'll sit back and watch a bit longer, and then make their move.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: <C> They are most likely seeing how far we can extend ourselves and strike at weak locations.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: <C> Anyway, how do you guys think we should go about this?

[Local] B'Atar@anncarise: <C> Sounds like a Cardassian strategy to me. Well we're here, I say let's try and hit the place.

Egzo@HF_Mudd nods. <C> Wouldn't mind gettin' a copy of all the data they been pullin' in.

[Local] Lexi@crystyll: <C> Quick and quiet I say. If you're right and this place is minimally defended, you can bet reinforcements aren't far away

[Local] B'Atar@anncarise: <C> Yeah, classic raid with smaller ships. Go in, grab what we want, deal some damage and disappear.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: <C> Yeah, we should see about blocking any calls for help. Ideas?

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: <C> Space round here is plenty noisy as-is. Anyone got the know-how to kick off an ion storm?

B'Atar@anncarise looks to Lexi to see if any of her previous Fed hosts might know sciency stuff.

[Team] Sadia@gulremal: Lexi. egzo, gimme rolls

Lexi@crystyll nods begrudgingly, "Not something I ever did before. But Kialee... she had the know how yeah. Could give it a go I guess..."

[Emotes] Lexi@crystyll: rolls 94 (1-100)

[Team] B'Atar@anncarise: deeeefinitely has the know how!

[Team] B'Atar@anncarise: hehe

[Team] Lexi@crystyll: lexi needs to let go of herself and accept this newfound UNLIMITED TRILL POWAH!

[Team] B'Atar@anncarise: Hahaha yeah!

[Team] Lexi@crystyll: assuming thats what the roll was for ofc hehe

[Emotes] Egzo@HF_Mudd: rolls 65 (1-100)

[Team] Lexi@crystyll: see egzo, this is why you need a gut worm. they're all the rage now

[Team] Egzo@HF_Mudd: :p

Lexi@crystyll closes her eyes, almost meditatively as she concentrates on recalling memories

[Local] Lexi@crystyll: "Ok yeah... not Kialee, but Taden. He once ran a mission performing experiments out here..." smirks some, "He used a modified verteron pulse to calm the storms but screwed up the polarity. It created+

[Local] Lexi@crystyll: + a huge ion vortex that almost swallowed his ship! HA!"

Egzo@HF_Mudd nods again. <C> I bet between us, we could generate somethin' like that. And if anyone here's still got any transphasic torps, I know a trick with those that might give it a little extra kick.

[Local] Lexi@crystyll: "Nice" she grins, tapping her console on her armest, "Sending you all what I can remember from the verteron pulse config"

Egzo@HF_Mudd glances at it, and then over to his science Gorn to set up the deflector.

[Local] B'Atar@anncarise: "I mainly use photons, but let me see if we might have some transphasics stacked away from raids on the Breen..."

[Local] B'Atar@anncarise: "Yes we do! How'd you want them used?"

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: *looks at Egzo* You had an idea?

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: <C> We'll fly out first, dump some warp plasma. Then you shoot - the /plasma/, not us.

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: <C> That'll give us the seed, and then we hit it with the verty pulse and spin it up into a nice big storm.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: <C> *whistles* Now that'll be quite a storm...

Lexi@crystyll grins, "I like it."

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: <C> Let's plan this out and get into position. Wanna drop it between the listening post and the nearest base.

B'Atar@anncarise nods, "Aim a torpedo, that I can do!"

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: <C> Aye aye, I'll drop couple of listening probes in the outskirts to monitor any traffic.

[Fleet] Sadia@gulremal: <C> Cynis here, we are in position, ready for the space magics!

[Fleet] Egzo@HF_Mudd: <C> Hag'lhr in position... venting plasma in five. Wait for us to get clear!

[Fleet] B'Atar@anncarise: <C> San'leth here, we have the transphasic torpedo ready.

[Fleet] Egzo@HF_Mudd: <FX> Roiling clouds and streamers of hot plasma appear, trailing from... nothing?

[Fleet] B'Atar@anncarise: <C> Gimme the signal and I'll launch.

[Fleet] Egzo@HF_Mudd: <C> All ships, stand by for that verteron pulse. And... fire!

[Fleet] B'Atar@anncarise: <FX> San'leth fires a transphasic torpedo into the plasma clouds..

[Team] Egzo@HF_Mudd: (first the explosion, then we whip it up with the combined deflector emissions.)

[Fleet] Sadia@gulremal: <FX> Transphasic torpedo detonates amid the warp plasma, igniting it and causing it to swirl into a literal fiery tornado...

[Fleet] Lexi@crystyll: <FX> QanwI' charges it's main deflector ready for the combined verteron burst

[Fleet] B'Atar@anncarise: <FX> San'leth charges deflector as well.

[Fleet] Sadia@gulremal: <C> Kor'goth in position, deflector ready!

[Fleet] Lexi@crystyll: <C> Let's light it up!

[Fleet] Egzo@HF_Mudd: <FX> More strangeness, as another portion of 'empty' space begins emitting an unearthly beam of wavering blue light, focused on the small but violent cloud.

[Fleet] B'Atar@anncarise: <FX> San'leth joins in with a second beam coming out of seemingly nowhere.

[Fleet] Sadia@gulremal: <FX> Kor'goth's deflector joins in, emitting it's own verteron beam into the plasma vortex.

[Fleet] Sadia@gulremal: <FX> At first. four bluish beams seem to have no effect, but then plasma vortex starts expanding rapidly into a missive maelstrom of ion discharges, forging birds of prey to fall back.

[Fleet] Sadia@gulremal: *forcing

[Fleet] Egzo@HF_Mudd: <C> There it goes! Deflectors off!

[Fleet] Sadia@gulremal: <C> Kor'goth here, we are breaking off!

[Fleet] B'Atar@anncarise: <C> San'leth turning deflector beam off too!

[Fleet] Lexi@crystyll: <FX> QanwI' backs away comfortably

[Fleet] Sadia@gulremal: <C> Damn that's quite the chaos, no comms can break through for sure!

[Fleet] Egzo@HF_Mudd: <C> The post /might/ have picked that up, but from outside the system, should look like any other sudden storm.

[Tell] Sadia@gulremal: you detect incoming NCR ships, small hideki patrol approaches the ion storm

[Fleet] Egzo@HF_Mudd: <C> ... and here they come to have a look.

[Fleet] Egzo@HF_Mudd: <C> Let's take 'em out, then hit their base before they can react.

[Fleet] B'Atar@anncarise: <C> Aye, let's go get them!

[Fleet] Sadia@gulremal: <C> Reading three hidekis on our course...got it. Let's make it quick.

[Fleet] Egzo@HF_Mudd: <C> That's it! Go go go!

[Fleet] Sadia@gulremal: <FX> With a well organized ambush, three hidekis are quickly dispatchd.

[Fleet] Sadia@gulremal: <FX> Good work, way to the first moon should be clear.

[Fleet] Egzo@HF_Mudd: <FX> Hag'lhr recloaks after the brief skirmish and heads toward the moon.

[Team] B'Atar@anncarise: space hugs good for healing!

[Fleet] Sadia@gulremal: <C> Listening post is recalibrating their sensors, we should move out and take their defenses while we still have cloak surprise!

[Fleet] Egzo@HF_Mudd: <C> Coming up on their defenses...

[Fleet] Sadia@gulremal: <C> Pick your targets and strike without mercy!

[Fleet] Lexi@crystyll: <C> Qapla'!

[Fleet] Sadia@gulremal: <FX> One short and brutal battle later...

[Fleet] Sadia@gulremal: <C> Kor'goth here, we've suffered moderate damage to left wing, but we are still operational.

[Fleet] B'Atar@anncarise: <C> San'leth is operational too. Took a few small hits but we're good to fight on!

[Fleet] Sadia@gulremal: <C> All right, get us a good location to beam down and let's get to it!

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: <FX> Team succefully beams down to the storage area of the base...

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: <FX> Red lights and audible alarms in the background point to the fact that the enemy is scrambling their ground troops-

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: "Need t'take their command center 'fore they finish panickin' and decide to wipe their data."

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: *takes out tricorder and scans the area* Multiple enemy squads on patrol...*mutters* Along with some mechanical pets it seems.

[Local] B'Atar@anncarise: "Mechanical pets? Like Maral's, or?"

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: Can't miss those after all this time. Yeah, her droids right. Well, no change in plans anyway. Egzo, lead the way.

[Local] B'Atar@anncarise: "We've crushed plenty of those. A few more isn't gonna hold us back!"

Egzo@HF_Mudd nods and heads out, with one of his pirates close behind.

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: "Contacts left AND right."

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: Incoming from the right...

Egzo@HF_Mudd vaults the rail!

Egzo@HF_Mudd drops down to the lower level.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: Hmmm, new shuttles!

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: "One more lifesign... in there."

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: *looks around after a bout of carnage*

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: They've locked themselves in.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: Need to find way to crack the lock.

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: "Gimme a sec."

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: "... still using /these/? Don't make me laugh..."

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: All right, though we can expect reinforcements soonish.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: Rush in, clear the room?

Egzo@HF_Mudd stacks up at the (now unlocked) door, then hits the button to open it.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: Clear!

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: "Let me... memory core's still intact."

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: All right, let's grab the data and GTFO!

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: "Downloading."

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: *her wrist comm beeps*

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: *looks at her comm and reads the message*

[Local] Lexi@crystyll: "Got all I think we're going to from here"

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: "Same. We're done."

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: Right in time, NCR patrols from otehr side of the system are incoming!

[Local] B'Atar@anncarise: "Time to get to the disappearing stage of the plan then!"

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: *nods* See you back in the void!

[Fleet] Sadia@gulremal: <C> here they come!

[Fleet] Egzo@HF_Mudd: <C> Hag'lhr, acting!

[Fleet] B'Atar@anncarise: <C> San'leth is on it!

[Fleet] Sadia@gulremal: <C> Damn, one of them is trying to run for it!

[Fleet] Lexi@crystyll: <C> Not on my watch!

[Fleet] Sadia@gulremal: <C> Chase them down!

[Fleet] B'Atar@anncarise: <C> Race you there!

[Fleet] Egzo@HF_Mudd: <C> Watch out, could be a--

[Team] Sadia@gulremal: terrans = ambush by hirogen

[Team] B'Atar@anncarise: Oh keelah the aggro

[Fleet] Egzo@HF_Mudd: <C> ... trap, slag it!

[Fleet] Egzo@HF_Mudd: <C> Hirogen, incoming!

[Fleet] Egzo@HF_Mudd: <C> Where are you, you Alpha Bastard? I know you're out there somewhere.

[Fleet] Sadia@gulremal: <C> Bastards fled...at least what's left of them. No heavies...luckily. I guess their main force is in Ventraxian space.

[Fleet] Egzo@HF_Mudd: <C> ... yeah, guess so.

[Fleet] B'Atar@anncarise: <C> These surprise attacks are annoying...got some good hits in on the San'leth.

[Fleet] Egzo@HF_Mudd: <C> Too bad, I was lookin' forward to THAT fight.

[Fleet] B'Atar@anncarise: <C> Guess it was only a matter of time before we run into some enemies who also know the value of stealth. Makes them more challenging to fight though!

[Fleet] Sadia@gulremal: <C> Kor'goth got lucky this time. Every else ready to warp out?

[Fleet] Egzo@HF_Mudd: <C> Yeah, Hag'lhr's good.

[Fleet] B'Atar@anncarise: <C> Aye, we took some damage but we're still good to warp.

[Team] Sadia@gulremal: Officially we were ambushed by 5 hirogen raiders, we got 3 of them and rest used their holotech to get away

[Fleet] Lexi@crystyll: <C> Nothing we can't patch up back at base. Ready here.

[Fleet] Sadia@gulremal: <C> All right...just one thing left...

[Fleet] Egzo@HF_Mudd: <C> Hurhurhur.

[Fleet] Sadia@gulremal: <FX> Kor'goth turns around towards the moon, and fires a volley of high yield photon torps at the NCR base...torpesos fly in what looks like slow motion as they hit the -

[Fleet] Sadia@gulremal: - moon surface, vaporising the base with it's defenses down...

[Fleet] Egzo@HF_Mudd: <C> Egzo like big boom. [said in a tone deliberately evoking his simpler kin]

[Fleet] Sadia@gulremal: <C> Now we're done here. Time to scram and see what the computer experts can get from this.

[Fleet] B'Atar@anncarise: <C> Always great to end the day with an explosion!

[Fleet] Egzo@HF_Mudd: <C> Long as it ain't yours...

[Fleet] Sadia@gulremal: <C> See you back at home!

[Fleet] Sadia@gulremal: -- SCENE END --
3 Likes