28 Jun: The Barrows, part 4

The Orion Space Navy and KDF have stopped the ruin's automated guardians, and they've detected a command signal coming from an unknown cloaked vessel in the orbit...

--

When: Sunday, Jun 28, Alpha-1

Audience: Klingon and allies

Event type: Social RP, space combat possible

Starting point: Starship bridge

OOC point of contact: @anncarise
Spoiler: Mission LogShow
Istar@anncarise | LAST TIME ON ZENAS PRIVATEERS...

Istar@anncarise | Kayd: "We lost contact with one of our teams checking out the ancient ruins from those guys that built the Scryer's base."

Istar@anncarise | Tavi: "Some cultures bury their dead, others cremate them, or mummify them. These aliens? They resurrected them."

Istar@anncarise | Tavi: "They were meant to watch over the tombs, but now it looks like they're all working together as one big undead army."

Istar@anncarise | Bara: "Yeah, what's with that virus stuff we encountered earlier?"

Istar@anncarise | Sesunna: "I think someone released the virus and messed with some IFF system in the skeletons."

Istar@anncarise | Sesunna: "If you can get me that processor chip, I can narrow down whatever's making the skeletons go berserk a lot faster. Hopefully before they find us."

[Local] Istar@anncarise: | Bara and Egzo down three of the chargers, but the other three get close, raising their wrist blades as they prepare to strike...

Istar@anncarise ...when they crumple and drop in front of the two.

[Local] Istar@anncarise: | Sesunna steps up behind Lorri and Istar, "We did it!"

Istar@anncarise | Sesunna: "I know where the signal that triggered the skeletons came from. I suspect a cloaked ship."

Istar@anncarise | AND NOW THE CONCLUSION...

Istar@anncarise FX | https://youtu.be/A9GhM4AaRbQ

Istar@anncarise | The survivors of the expedition make their way back through the ruins unharassed with the skeletons shut down. They soon emerge into daylight on what seems to be a much more well-established -

Istar@anncarise - camp by the side of a beach, almost looking like a small, proto-colony. Tabadi Kayd and several OSN officers await them as they exit.

Istar@anncarise | Kayd: "You come through as always, Lorri."

[Team] Istar@anncarise: On a side note you can really hear the Skyrim ambiance style in this piece...

[Local] Lorri@crystyll: "We aim to please" she smiles

Istar@anncarise | Tavi: "Delbaj Mazze didn't make it. He gave his life protecting us."

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: Bara: *looks around* Are we protected from enemy scans here?

Istar@anncarise | Kayd nods, "We'll make sure he's remembered properly." She looks over to Bara, "No, why?"

Istar@anncarise | Sesunna: "It's not over yet, Tabadi..."

[Local] Istar@anncarise: "I don't think they'll notice us exiting the ruins. We're mostly Orions, and there's a ton of Orion lifesigns in the camp. But if we beam up...they'll probably know we've escaped."

[Local] Istar@anncarise: "If we wanna give the order to shoot down that cloaked ship before it slinks away, might be a good idea to do it through encrypted comms from down here, instead of going back to our ships."

Istar@anncarise | Kayd: "What's this about a cloaked ship?"

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: Bara: Or try to capture it, if possible. *to Kayd* Your computer expert says there's cloaked ship in orbit who started entire mess.

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: "Figure we're gonna either shoot it or board it."

Istar@anncarise | Sesunna: "The signal that activated the cybernetic skeletons we were fighting came from somewhere in orbit, but there's no ship there, so it has to be hidden."

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: Bara: Whatever we do, better do it fast, before they figure out something si wrong and decide to scram, or even worse, wipe this place off the map.

Egzo@HF_Mudd nods.

Istar@anncarise | Kayd: "Boarding it's the more risky option for sure. We don't know what it is or what we might find on board. But we also have more to gain."

Istar@anncarise | Kayd: "But if it goes badly, they got a good chance of wiping this place off the map. If we just shoot them down, it deals with the threat immediately. Your call, though."

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: "I'm good either way."

Istar@anncarise | Kayd looks to Lorri and Bara.

[Team] Istar@anncarise: Decision time! hehe

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: Bara: Well, first we need to locate them and disable them to board them properly. *to Sesunna* Any idea on how to do that?

Istar@anncarise | Sesunna: "A short range tachyon sweep should do the trick, but we'll have a limited window to beam on board before they notice what's happening, switch off the cloak and raise shields."

Istar@anncarise | Kayd nods, "So we might not get as many people onboard as we otherwise would. Though we can always weaken the shields with our ships and send more reinforcements."

[Local] Istar@anncarise: "If we shoot 'em down though, they got no defenses if they're cloaked. Deals with the threat right away."

[Local] Lorri@crystyll: "Tachyon sweep, torpedo spread. Job done"

Istar@anncarise nods, "Much safer that way."

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: Bara: Can't do much from here. I guess we'll have to just shoot them down.

[Team] Egzo@HF_Mudd: What ships do we have? Hag'lhr and...?

[Team] Istar@anncarise: We have Hag'Ihr, Thana, Kayeri Vaj and Bara's ship, Barut

[Team] Istar@anncarise: So 3 smaller high-damage ships and a big cruiser

Istar@anncarise | Kayd nods, stepping over to a nearby terminal and typing, "I'm setting up an encrypted channel for you to contact your ships. A coordinated attack from all four vessels should be able to deal -

Istar@anncarise - with whatever's up there. Even the toughest battlecruiser's hull can only protect against so much without shields.

Egzo@HF_Mudd nods again, and stands by.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: Bara: Scryer has a wide array of mercs on his payroll, so it could be anyone - though I'd bet on V'Ku's men. He's the only one with a reliable cloak.

Istar@anncarise | A few seconds later, Kayd announces, "Encryption's in place. You can all contact your ships now. I'm giving Kayeri Vaj the go-ahead to fire as soon as the ship's been revealed."

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: Bara: *moves to the console and sends a message* Done. Barut will follow Kayeri and provide support fire.

[Local] Istar@anncarise: "Thana should do the sweep. We got the strongest deflector array."

Lorri@crystyll updates orders to the Thana

Istar@anncarise | Kayd steps aside, giving Egzo room to give orders to Hag'Ihr as well.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: Bara: *moves aside for Egzo*

Egzo@HF_Mudd calls Hag'lhr and tells Kem to get ready to assist Thana and the rest in finding the target and ****ing them up.

[Local] Istar@anncarise: "Time to watch the fireworks now."

Istar@anncarise | Half a minute passes in silence. Then, a distinct flash of light in the sky catches everyone's attention...

Istar@anncarise | Sesunna: "There!"

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: Bara: Did we get 'em?

Istar@anncarise | Kayd steps over to the console and taps before nodding, "Sensors register multiple direct hits on the enemy vessel.

Istar@anncarise | A few seconds later, the burning remains of a heavily damaged Negh'Var streaks through the atmosphere, like the Enterprise in STIII.

Istar@anncarise | There are a few moments of silence as the damaged ship nears a distant point on the planet, the projected crash site almost certainly too far to threaten the camp. Then...

[Local] Istar@anncarise: <C - Shlaak> "Boss, you got incoming!"

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: Bara: Awww crap...

[Local] Istar@anncarise: <C - Magren Salaa> "Tabadi, the remaining crew on that ship are beaming out right to your locatIon!"

Egzo@HF_Mudd chuckles, unslinging his pulsewave. "Of course."

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: Bara: *grabs her rifle* Get to cover!

Istar@anncarise FX | Eight heavily cybernetically augmented Klingons appear just under the platform they are on.

Istar@anncarise - ROUND ONE -

Istar@anncarise - EGZO'S TURN -

[Team] Istar@anncarise: Of course it wouldn't be as easy as just shooting them down hehe

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: Bara: *takes cover and shouts to Sesunna* Can you hack these guys?

Istar@anncarise | Sesunna shouts back from where she had taken cover, "I don't think so! The Scryer's forces are just augmented biologicals! They don't have IFFs, their mind is still in control!"

Istar@anncarise | Kayd: "I guess we'll have to deal with them the old fashioned way..."

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: Bara: Can you at least mess their cybernetic stuff?

[Team] Sadia@gulremal: I was thinking cyberpunk level stuff :)

Egzo@HF_Mudd finds a good spot of his own, looks over the edge... ducks back as one of the cyborgs look up at him.

[Team] Sadia@gulremal: like taking control of their arm and making them punch other allies etc

Istar@anncarise | Kayd: "We'll see what we can do!"

Istar@anncarise | The cyborgs begin firing back at the group.

Istar@anncarise | Sesunna: "We'll need covering fire!"

Istar@anncarise - BARA'S TURN -

Egzo@HF_Mudd provides some of that, not really aiming, just firing his disruptor in that general direction.

[Emotes] Egzo@HF_Mudd: rolls 38 (1-100)

[Team] Istar@anncarise: Oh you weren't using your turn to take cover, my bad!

[Team] Egzo@HF_Mudd: there, there's my action and roll, finally.

[Team] Istar@anncarise: Just move Bara's turn under! hehe

[Team] Egzo@HF_Mudd: well, sort of both.

[Team] Istar@anncarise: Ahh

[Team] Istar@anncarise: Works for me!

Istar@anncarise | Egzo's fire forces two of the cyborgs into cover, but doesn't hit anything.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: Bara: *moves to cover and aims down to fire at the closest enemy in range*

[Team] Sadia@gulremal: tell me if I can fire or taking cover took entire turn

[Team] Istar@anncarise: You can fire!

[Emotes] Sadia@gulremal: rolls 96 (1-100)

[Team] Istar@anncarise: wow

[Team] Sadia@gulremal: new gun gud

Istar@anncarise | Bara scores a direct hit, taking out the cyborg!

Istar@anncarise - LORRI'S TURN -

[Team] Istar@anncarise: Yeah, she now has a skeleborg phaser!

Lorri@crystyll provides covering fire

[Emotes] Lorri@crystyll: rolls 47 (1-100)

Istar@anncarise | Lorri drives two more cyborgs into cover, leaving only three returning fire.

Istar@anncarise - ISTAR'S TURN -

[Emotes] Istar@anncarise: rolls 65 (1-100)

Istar@anncarise | Now that Istar is outside, she has full access to her ghost capabilities...

Istar@anncarise darts out of cover and fires back, getting the attention of the remaining cyborgs, but disappears into a transporter beam before any of them can hit her.

[Emotes] Istar@anncarise: rolls 29 (1-100)

Istar@anncarise | Kayd and Sesunna makes their way to the console to see what they can do to sabotage the cyborgs.

[Emotes] Istar@anncarise: rolls 63 (1-100)

Istar@anncarise | Nothing happens yet, but the three cyborgs distracted by Istar quickly refocuses, laying down fire on the rest of the team.

Istar@anncarise - ROUND TWO -

Egzo@HF_Mudd waits for some bold cutter to stick his ridged head up, then 'snipes' at him. Yes, with a pulsewave. Shut up.

[Emotes] Egzo@HF_Mudd: rolls 32 (1-100)

Istar@anncarise | The cyborg Klingon ducks back into cover, but the bolt catches him on his cybernetic arm, shearing it off and sending him tumbling to the ground.

[Team] Egzo@HF_Mudd: Keeping to the shotgun metaphor, this thing has Cylinder and Cone fire modes.

[Team] Egzo@HF_Mudd: Egzo's using the first. Tighter choke, longer range.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: *Bara takes aim at the one of the two cyberklingons still in the open and fires a shot*

[Emotes] Sadia@gulremal: rolls 53 (1-100)

Istar@anncarise | Bara scores a hit, bringing them down!

[Team] Istar@anncarise: Yeah these basic mooks don't take much hehe

Lorri@crystyll fires on the next available target

[Emotes] Lorri@crystyll: rolls 26 (1-100)

Istar@anncarise | Lorri's target darts for cover, and while she scores a hit on his leg, the augmented Klingon doesn't even seem to feel it as he rolls behind a pile of nearby crates.

[Emotes] Istar@anncarise: rolls 89 (1-100)

[Team] Sadia@gulremal: nicee

Istar@anncarise | A transporter beam appears behind the Klingon Lorri had wounded. He spins around only to find a knife in his throat. A bolt comes from behind the crates he was taking cover at, downing another -

Istar@anncarise - cyborg. By the time the four remaining cyborgs have reacted, the assailant is already being transported away once again.

[Emotes] Istar@anncarise: rolls 36 (1-100)

Istar@anncarise | Sesunna: "We might have something here, but the way their implants are used are a little different from the skeletons...

Istar@anncarise - ROUND THREE -

Egzo@HF_Mudd suggests, "Just jam 'em or mess up their aim or somethin'. Don't gotta take control."

Egzo@HF_Mudd follows up by popping up for another mostly-blind shot at the last four.

[Emotes] Egzo@HF_Mudd: rolls 77 (1-100)

Istar@anncarise | As the cyborgs are still confused by the teleporting ghost tricks, Egzo manages to finish off the one he wounded earlier and another!

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: *Bara takes aim at next closest enemy and tries to take them down too*

[Emotes] Sadia@gulremal: rolls 43 (1-100)

Istar@anncarise | Bara succeeds, leaving only one cyborg on the field! She doesn't retreat though, continuing to fire relentlessly.

Lorri@crystyll focuses fire on the straggler

[Emotes] Lorri@crystyll: rolls 53 (1-100)

Istar@anncarise | Lorri takes out the straggler, and Istar rematerializes on the platform.

Istar@anncarise | Kayd: "There. Much easier to work without being shot at. I think we got something..."

Istar@anncarise | Sesunna: "Yes we have!"

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: Bara: *takes her combat tricorder and scans the area for any stragglers*

Istar@anncarise | Kayd: "We've jammed any targetting assistance the cybernetics are giving to these Klingons. Our boys should be able to take them from he-"

Istar@anncarise FX | Suddenly, the console shuts down, as well as all lights and moving components across the camp.

Istar@anncarise | Sesunna: "Someone's cut the power from the generators."

Egzo@HF_Mudd observes in the sudden darkness and silence, "You were sayin'?" :/

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: Bara: Figures, guess they managed to take out generator defenses?

Egzo@HF_Mudd rises from cover, looking off in that direction.

Istar@anncarise | Kayd nods, pointing out a platform, "That's where the generators are. If you can get them back online, we should be able to continue the hack and weaken the cyborgs enough to finish them quickly.

[Local] Istar@anncarise: "I'm on it."

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: Bara: Let's get going then!

Istar@anncarise disappears into a transporter beam.

Istar@anncarise | Kayd: "We'll stay here to continue the hack as soon as the power comes back on."

Istar@anncarise | As the team (minus Istar) make their way to the generators, they find it guarded by two more cyborg Klingons.

[Team] Istar@anncarise: roll everyone!

[Emotes] Sadia@gulremal: rolls 81 (1-100)

[Emotes] Lorri@crystyll: rolls 50 (1-100)

[Emotes] Egzo@HF_Mudd: rolls 100 (1-100)

[Team] Istar@anncarise: Oh wow

[Team] Istar@anncarise: Hahaha

[Team] Egzo@HF_Mudd: so what do I win? :)

Istar@anncarise | Egzo blasts both guards with his pulsewave before they can react, action-hero style.

Istar@anncarise | As they enter the generator area, they see several Klingon and Orion bodies on the ground. Amidst it all stands a single Klingon. A transporter beam appears behind him, following a bolt which -

[Local] Istar@anncarise: - he dodges with inhuman speed before the attacker is transported away, then back again, this time with a dagger. The Klingon parries the dagger with a blade and kicks the figure before they can -

[Local] Istar@anncarise: - counterattack. They promptly disappear into a transporter beam again...

Istar@anncarise rematerializes on her knees beside the group, "Oww...we have a problem."

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: "I'll say. Cutter's good. Wired reflexes."

Istar@anncarise | The Klingon turns around, revealing the visage of none other than General V'Ku himself. The general holds a tik'leth sword in his left hand and a pulsewave rifle single-handedly in his right.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: Bara: Yeeeeah this one's all yours, Egzo. *grins smugly* Just kidding, let's waste the bastard,

Istar@anncarise | His cybernetic eye flashes as he examines the group, "So...this is how Fek'lhr claims me for himself. So be it."

Istar@anncarise | General V'Ku: "If this is the end, I will take you all to Gre'thor to keep me company!"

Istar@anncarise - FINAL BOSS -

Istar@anncarise - ROUND ONE -

Egzo@HF_Mudd mutters and hopes that the wide-angle setting on his disruptor will be enough to catch this guy, crazy reflexes or not.

Egzo@HF_Mudd ducks out from cover, fires...

[Emotes] Egzo@HF_Mudd: rolls 3 (1-100)

[Team] Istar@anncarise: Wow

[Team] Istar@anncarise: This is what happens when you use up all your dice spots for a 100!

[Team] Egzo@HF_Mudd: Spent all my dice luck! ha, no, rerolling.

[Team] Egzo@HF_Mudd: sync. :)

[Team] Istar@anncarise: haha

[Emotes] Egzo@HF_Mudd: rolls 39 (1-100)

[Emotes] Istar@anncarise: rolls 91 (1-100)

[Team] Istar@anncarise: Oh dear

[Team] Egzo@HF_Mudd: no, that's fair, and about what I figured. :/

[Team] Istar@anncarise: This is a boss fight after all!

[Team] Egzo@HF_Mudd: yup!

[Team] Egzo@HF_Mudd: and he's chipped to his eyebrows.

Istar@anncarise | V'Ku leaps to almost superhuman height, evading the blast before landing in front of Bara, his blade coming down with a hard overhead blow.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: *Bara doesn't even have time to curse as she drops her gun and rolls to the side in attempt to evade the blow*

[Emotes] Istar@anncarise: rolls 16 (1-100)

[Emotes] Sadia@gulremal: rolls 59 (1-100)

Istar@anncarise | Bara evades the blow, but V'Ku wastes no time, immediately aiming the pulsewave in his other hand at Lorri and pulling the trigger.

[Emotes] Istar@anncarise: rolls 75 (1-100)

Istar@anncarise grabs Lorri's arm and the two disappear into a transporter beam just in time before the pulsewave washes over them.

Istar@anncarise | The two rematerialize again somewhere behind V'Ku.

Lorri@crystyll draws the dagger from her hip and tries for a quick attack at the cybernetics on the back of his head

[Emotes] Lorri@crystyll: rolls 68 (1-100)

[Emotes] Istar@anncarise: rolls 92 (1-100)

[Team] Istar@anncarise: Keelah this guy is even more insane than I intended him to be

Istar@anncarise | V'Ku's senses seem to be unnaturally enhanced as well. He tilts his head as the dagger flies at him, causing it to whiz past his ear and clatter harmlessly to the floor.

Istar@anncarise - ROUND TWO -

[Team] Istar@anncarise: Used my turn up to teleport hehe

Egzo@HF_Mudd curses and waits for Lorri to give him a mostly clear shot at the general.

[Emotes] Egzo@HF_Mudd: rolls 16 (1-100)

[Emotes] Istar@anncarise: rolls 26 (1-100)

Istar@anncarise | Egzo doesn’t get one, and has to hold fire for now.

Istar@anncarise | V'Ku kicks Bara's shiny new rifle away from her.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: *For some reason, Bara rushes V'Ku, her hands low, as if trying to body slam him*

[Emotes] Sadia@gulremal: rolls 86 (1-100)

[Emotes] Istar@anncarise: rolls 88 (1-100)

[Team] Istar@anncarise: I know what to do!

Istar@anncarise | V'Ku easily slams Bara aside with his enhanced strength, before realizing the magnetized grenade stuck to his right hand. He roars a Klingon curse and throws up the hand, which...

Istar@anncarise ...detaches from his body, causing the grenade to explode harmlessly, though he has now lost his right hand and pulsewave.

Istar@anncarise | A dagger-length blade extends from the wrist of his left arm as he snarls angrily.

Lorri@crystyll returns to her pistols to hopefully be an inconvenience for him while the others grapple at close range at least

[Emotes] Lorri@crystyll: rolls 56 (1-100)

[Emotes] Istar@anncarise: rolls 87 (1-100)

[Team] Sadia@gulremal: aha they are both on the same arm

Istar@anncarise | V'Ku dodges with superhuman speed, though the bolts certainly distract him. A few graze the large Klingon, but his personal shields kick in and nullify their effect.

[Emotes] Istar@anncarise: rolls 32 (1-100)

Istar@anncarise learns from the tank bot's tricks, materializing a sniper rifle and taking careful aim, sneaking in the sniper bolt among Lorri's volley.

[Emotes] Istar@anncarise: rolls 30 (1-100)

Istar@anncarise | V'Ku notices the shot but dodges too late as the shot takes a heavy toll on his shields, stumbling the general.

Istar@anncarise - ROUND THREE -

[Team] Istar@anncarise: I thought that was going to fail for sure but I rolled even lower the second time haha

Egzo@HF_Mudd tries to capitalize on the opening with a shot from his own pulsewave.

[Emotes] Egzo@HF_Mudd: rolls 20 (1-100)

[Emotes] Istar@anncarise: rolls 68 (1-100)

[Team] Egzo@HF_Mudd: nnnnno.

[Team] Istar@anncarise: Awww

[Team] Istar@anncarise: Poor Egzo

[Team] Istar@anncarise: that 100 really drained your luck...

[Team] Egzo@HF_Mudd: hey, I got my Hero Shot.

[Team] Istar@anncarise: Yeah!

[Team] Egzo@HF_Mudd: can't hog all the glory.

Istar@anncarise | V'Ku quickly recovers, leaping out of the way of Egzo's blast and landing by Bara again, trying to deal with her first. Whether this is a tactical decision because he's already disarmed and hit -

Istar@anncarise - her, or if he's just annoyed she blew up his hand is anyone's guess...

[Team] Istar@anncarise: Fun fact, the original idea was actually to have Sadia duel this guy

[Team] Istar@anncarise: But I couldn't figure out what everyone else would do so I made him a group boss haha

[Team] Sadia@gulremal: that would have ended very bad for her lele :)

[Team] Istar@anncarise: This would've been a nightmare as a duel...

[Team] Istar@anncarise: Yeah...

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: *Bara goes for something on her back, but instead of her omega antiproton uzi, she grabs her miliatary hatchet and swings with her full might at V'Ku's left knee as he drops down by her*

[Emotes] Sadia@gulremal: rolls 28 (1-100)

[Emotes] Istar@anncarise: rolls 99 (1-100)

[Team] Sadia@gulremal: rerolling that

[Team] Istar@anncarise: Beating the 99 is still gonna be hard...

[Team] Egzo@HF_Mudd: are you sure, against a 99?

[Team] Sadia@gulremal: eeeeh, will she even be alive after this to reroll later?

[Team] Istar@anncarise: She'll be alive! But probably wounded

[Team] Istar@anncarise: Poor Bara

[Team] Istar@anncarise: always getting hurt

[Team] Istar@anncarise: I remember when she got knocked out and B'Atar had to protect her with her repli-shield

[Team] Sadia@gulremal: oh well, i'll take the hit this time

[Team] Sadia@gulremal: no reroll this time

Istar@anncarise | V'Ku is simply too fast. He catches the hatchet with his tik'leth, the slender blade sliding into the base of the hatchet. He uses his superior strength to hook the weapon away from her before -

Istar@anncarise - swinging the wrist-blade on the other arm, giving Bara a nasty slash.

[Team] Istar@anncarise: I'll let you deicde where exactly the hit lands and how bad!

Lorri@crystyll decides her aim just isn't fast enough and instead focuses on trying to trigger an EMP burst around V'Ku to outright disable his cybernetics

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: *Bara let's out an angry scream as her left hand goes limp*

Lorri@crystyll prays her years of ****ing with Syndicate goons pays dividends here...

[Emotes] Lorri@crystyll: rolls 41 (1-100)

[Emotes] Istar@anncarise: rolls 85 (1-100)

[Team] Istar@anncarise: Oh dear

[Team] Istar@anncarise: Actually it's not an EMP grenade so he can't resist it fully

Istar@anncarise | V'Ku's cybernetics seem resistant to EMP attacks, otherwise someone this heavily augmented would've just collapsed. However, he is stumbled slightly by the attack as the systems in his body -

Istar@anncarise - rapidly cycle and reset.

[Team] Istar@anncarise: Smart move! hehe

Istar@anncarise tries to take the opportunity to land another hit.

[Emotes] Istar@anncarise: rolls 45 (1-100)

[Emotes] Istar@anncarise: rolls 66 (1-100)

[Team] Istar@anncarise: Alright...time to risk a reroll for Istar

[Emotes] Istar@anncarise: rolls 40 (1-100)

[Team] Istar@anncarise: Nope

Istar@anncarise | Despite slower movements for the moment, V'Ku sees the shot coming and rolls out of the way.

Istar@anncarise - ROUND FOUR -

Egzo@HF_Mudd shoots, again, for lack of any better ideas.

[Emotes] Egzo@HF_Mudd: rolls 32 (1-100)

[Emotes] Istar@anncarise: rolls 42 (1-100)

[Team] Egzo@HF_Mudd: or aim. :p

Istar@anncarise | V'Ku continues dodging, on the defensive for the moment.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: *Bara's eyes get a bit glassy as the stims in her combat armor kick in, she stands up grabbing a stick at her side that hums as whip of energy shoots out*

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: Bara: I'm runnin' outta weapons ye git! *she swings wide, trying to catch both his legs, in hopes of at least temporary tying him down in place*

[Emotes] Sadia@gulremal: rolls 22 (1-100)

[Emotes] Istar@anncarise: rolls 26 (1-100)

[Team] Sadia@gulremal: time for a reroll I guess

[Team] Istar@anncarise: This is at least beatable, unlike a 99...

[Emotes] Sadia@gulremal: rolls 79 (1-100)

[Team] Istar@anncarise: Yes!

[Team] Istar@anncarise: Glad you saved that reroll now

[Team] Istar@anncarise: hehe

Istar@anncarise | The whip wraps around V'Ku's legs, tripping him over as the energy drains through his shields...

[Team] Sadia@gulremal: yeah but I would laugh my ass off if I managed to get 100 if I re-rolled the previous one :)

[Team] Istar@anncarise: That would be an epic come back haha

Lorri@crystyll tries to take advantage of the trip and fire a series of rapid bolts

[Emotes] Lorri@crystyll: rolls 3 (1-100)

[Team] Istar@anncarise: Awww

[Team] Lorri@crystyll: ...

[Team] Egzo@HF_Mudd: oof.

[Emotes] Lorri@crystyll: rolls 80 (1-100)

[Team] Lorri@crystyll: there

[Team] Istar@anncarise: Yay!

[Team] Istar@anncarise: and I won't do a defense roll because...he can't

[Team] Istar@anncarise: haha

[Team] Istar@anncarise: Though

[Team] Istar@anncarise: Bara roll!

[Emotes] Sadia@gulremal: rolls 73 (1-100)

Istar@anncarise | Lorri's bolts tear through what is left of his shielding and peppers his body. Without the shields in place, the whip begins to bite into the flesh of his legs, revealing the extensive metal -

Istar@anncarise - augmentation within...

[Emotes] Istar@anncarise: rolls 28 (1-100)

Istar@anncarise | The cyborg Klingon general drops his tik'leth and grabs the whip, trying to tug on it to yank Bara off balance. She manages to maintain her grip, and all it does is melt the flesh off his hand, -

Istar@anncarise - revealing the metal within...

Istar@anncarise FX | https://i.pinimg.com/736x/7d/8b/7e/7d8b7ec6225e1f65ad3babb337590ca0.jpg

[Emotes] Istar@anncarise: rolls 25 (1-100)

[Emotes] Istar@anncarise: rolls 22 (1-100)

[Team] Istar@anncarise: YES!

[Team] Egzo@HF_Mudd: kek

[Team] Istar@anncarise: Weakened V'Ku is not good hehe

Istar@anncarise disappears into a transporter beam as all this goes on, reappearing a few seconds later behind the former Klingon general with two pistols in hand.

Istar@anncarise | V'Ku tries to stab at her with his wrist blade, but she fires a shot into the elbow, severing the arm and blade. He reaches over with his remaining hand, the metal grabbing onto her ankle, -

Istar@anncarise - though it doesn't last long as Istar fires a second shot, severing that arm as well and completely disarming the cyborg leader.

Istar@anncarise | V'Ku sits up defiantly as the whip continues to bite through his legs, "The Empire...will abandon you...just as it had...forsaken me."

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: *snorts* Empires come and fall, the orion gold is forever.

Istar@anncarise | V'Ku: "I have fought for honour...for bloodlust...for money. It is all the same..."

Istar@anncarise | V'Ku: "I am...but a reflection...a monster that lies within all of you. You and I...we are the same. We are all the same..."

[Team] Istar@anncarise: feel free to finish him off!

Istar@anncarise | V'Ku: "We were all forged...in the fires of war..."

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: Bara: *tugs her whip hard, severing his legs at the knee, and swings her whip at his neck* Speak for yourself. Unlike you, I am still alive. *lets the whiplash sever his head*

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: Bara: And don't worry, your buddy Scryer will soon make you company.

Istar@anncarise | V'Ku opens his mouth to speak, before Bara goes for the head and finishes him off.

[Local] Istar@anncarise: "Well, that takes care of that. Time to get those generators back online and finish this."

Istar@anncarise looks to Egzo.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: Bara: Yeah...you do that...imma jus go over there and...sit for a while.

Egzo@HF_Mudd nods, slinging his disruptor again (with a last look at the body) and moving to the generator console.

Sadia@gulremal sits in a chair.

Egzo@HF_Mudd comments as he works, "Might wanna get that looked at."

Istar@anncarise | The generators seem to have been disabled very roughly. There is damage, but nothing Egzo can't quickly circumvent.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: *Bara pockets retracted energy whip, and takes small flask from one of her armor's pouches*

Istar@anncarise | After a minute of work, the generators come back online around them.

Istar@anncarise <C - Kayd> "You did it. We've found a way to refine our technique in the meantime. The rest of the cyborgs should be better off without their enhancements."

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: Bara: As soon as work here is done. *takes a sip, then mutter* How can Legs drink this stuff...bah. *switches flask with another one and sips again* Yeah, much better.

Egzo@HF_Mudd doesn't bother announcing this, as the sound and the lights coming back on do that for him.

Istar@anncarise <C - Kayd> "Won't take long to mop this up. Thanks for all the help."

Istar@anncarise - END SCENE -
1 Like