3 Nov: Battlecruiser Vengeance, Ep. 1

The task force senior staff is invited by captain Cynis to participate in a teambuilding exercise in the form of a holodeck simulation based on the popular 23rd century klingon action show - Battlecruiser Vengeance.

--

When: Sunday, Nov 3, Alpha-1

Audience: Klingon and allies

Event type: Bridge RP

Starting point: Fleet starbase, starship bridge

OOC point of contact: @gulremal
2 Likes
Spoiler: LogShow

Sadia@gulremal: Indeed! I believe B'atar will join us soon. Egzo's recovering from the hangover most likely, and Ku'jho has apologized in advance.

B'Atar@anncarise steps into the holodeck and salutes Sadia.

B'Atar@anncarise: Qapla', Sadia!

B'Atar@anncarise salutes Sadia with respect.

Sadia@gulremal: Qapla', B'Atar!

Sadia@gulremal salutes B'Atar with respect.

Lorri@crystyll: "Fair enough. You'll have to forgive my trepidation. Such... indulgencies as this are not exactly my usual choice of recreation"

Sadia@gulremal: Commander! Excellent, seems we are all here - at least for this simulation.

Sadia@gulremal: *to Lorri* Oh, and what's your favorite passtime, if I may ask?

Sadia@gulremal: We might arrange something more to your liking next time!

Lorri@crystyll grins, "Oh, something usually involving my hot tub, copious amounts of vintage Orion wine and copious amounts of males to bend to my whim"

B'Atar@anncarise laughs, "Should've expected that!"

B'Atar@anncarise: "I can roll with that..."

Sadia@gulremal: *chuckles* Well, you might be in better position to set something like that up than me.

Lorri@crystyll: "Suffice to say that dining at the Captain's table on the Thana normally carries certain expectations"

Sadia@gulremal: Hmmm...sounds intriguing.

Sadia@gulremal: Anyhow, I do hope you will find at least some entertainment in this.

Lorri@crystyll: "It should prove interesting if nothing else. I am not familiar with Klingon history"

B'Atar@anncarise: "There's less hot tubs and more tubs of bloodwine, to start..."

Sadia@gulremal: Oh, this is not really a historical record, so to speak, uniforms simply match the ones of the era when the show was made, and the same uniform types were used in the show.

Sadia@gulremal: This simulation doesn't follow actual episodes, it's "new" content meant for provide challenge while stil allowing for the indulgence in the show's general narrative.

Sadia@gulremal: We are playing the senior staff of the titular Battlecruiser Vengeance, with one of us also playing the titular captain Koth.

Sadia@gulremal: I originally had an idea to put Egzo in the role, but I guess he developed the mind-reading capabilities and made himself unable to attend.

Lorri@crystyll chuckles

Sadia@gulremal: Out of us three, I believe B'atar is best suited to take the role - at least this time. We can alternate the posting, if you folks find the sim interesting enough for future installments.

B'Atar@anncarise: "A battlecruiser to command...sounds like fun!"

Sadia@gulremal: *nods* Ship is top of the line D7 - K't'ingas were still under development at that time.

Sadia@gulremal: *to Lorri* What position would you like to take?

Lorri@crystyll hrms, "That's a good question. Any recommendation?"

Sadia@gulremal: Well, we have pilot, tactical, operations, science, gunner. Lots to choose from.

Lorri@crystyll: "Well... I suppose science is most fitting really. Not exactly my forte, but moreso than piloting or offensive postings"

Sadia@gulremal: *nods* Captain can also take direct command of the weapon systems, so I'll take operations.

Sadia@gulremal: So, we ready?

Lorri@crystyll nods, "Let's get this show on the road"

Sadia@gulremal: *takes out her padd and pokes at it, and holodeck springs to life!*

Sadia@gulremal: <FX> As holodeck springs to life, everyone appears on the bridge of a large cruiser - while not historically accurate, it is definitely more spacious and bright than usual klingon bridges, most likely

B'Atar@anncarise takes the command chair, "This is more colourful than our bridges. Been a while since I've been on a bridge this size, too!"

Sadia@gulremal: <FX> As holodeck springs to life, everyone appears on the bridge of a large cruiser - while not historically accurate, it is definitely more spacious and bright than usual klingon bridges, most likely

B'Atar@anncarise takes the command chair, "This is more colourful than our bridges. Been a while since I've been on a bridge this size, too!"

Sadia@gulremal: - for the filming purposes. PCs all hold the rank of commander, aside from the b'atar who plays titular captain Koth.

Lorri@crystyll: "You should visit the Thana more often" she calls over from her station at the back

Sadia@gulremal: *as soon as B'atar moves towards the chair, one of entry guards shouts*

B'Atar@anncarise: "I do remember the Thana being rather large and bright..."

B'Atar@anncarise looks to the guard.

Sadia@gulremal: Guard: Captain on the bridge! *everyone stifferns and salutes as he does so*

Sadia@gulremal: *stiffens

Lorri@crystyll notices this regimented reaction and does her best to conform

B'Atar@anncarise sits down at the captain's chair and looks around, "So, anything to report?"

Sadia@gulremal: *salutes the captain*

Sadia@gulremal: *as B'atar sits, everyone returns to normal operations*

Sadia@gulremal: *checks her console that starts beeping* Captain, we have an incoming message from High Command.

Sadia@gulremal: *gasps* It's General Kor himself!

Sadia@gulremal: *background murmuring*

B'Atar@anncarise: "General Kor! Let's hear it."

Sadia@gulremal: *Sadia pokes at her console, and on the main screen appears...*

Sadia@gulremal: https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/memoryalpha/images/7/79/Kor%2C_2266.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20090212231042&path-prefix=en

B'Atar@anncarise stands and salutes Kor, "Qapla', General!"

Sadia@gulremal: <Kor> Captain Koth! Congratulations on your latest victory against those Kinshaya fanatics. You are a true inspiration for our troops.

Sadia@gulremal: <Kor> But celebration will have to wait, as another threat has emerged!

Sadia@gulremal: *main screen zooms in at the Kor and background darkens for impact*

B'Atar@anncarise: "Tell me what it is, and I'll crush it too."

Lorri@crystyll eyerolls at the over-the-top visual emphasizing

Sadia@gulremal: <Kor> Outstanding! *twirls his moustache* IKS yol raD, one of our newest D7 designs, was sent two weeks ago to investigate the series of ship disappearances in the infamous Briar Patch. They were -

Sadia@gulremal: - supposed to report last week, and they have failed to do so. As you are the only KDF ship in the sector, I require you to find the missing ship and the reason for the disappearances.

Sadia@gulremal: <Kor> General Chang believes it's some kind of Federation ploy, but rumors of that place may paint a more...sinister story.

B'Atar@anncarise: "Aye, I've heard of the dangers of that place. Filled with strange things we can't explain, isn't it?"

Sadia@gulremal: <Kor> Indeed. Thread carefully, captain, as things may not be what they seem. *salutes* Bring the glory to the Empire! *his image zooms out as he salutes and is replaced by old KDF colored logo*

B'Atar@anncarise: "Looks like we have a missing ship to find! And in a dangerous region too. Sounds like fun!"

Lorri@crystyll: "Confirmed no other ship in range, Captain. Briar patch is less than one hour from our current location"

Sadia@gulremal: "Your orders, captain?" *lighting changes, darkening a bit everything save circular area around captain's chair*

B'Atar@anncarise: "Take us into the patch!"

Lorri@crystyll: "I should warn, Captain; that we have no astrometric data for the patch itself. Once we pass into it, we'll be flying blind"

B'Atar@anncarise: "I guess we'll just have to chart our way as we go..."

Sadia@gulremal: <Conn> Aye, captain! Course set, jumping into warp in 3, 2, 1...engaging warp SEVEN!

B'Atar@anncarise looks to the pilots, "Don't fly us into any anomalies!"

Sadia@gulremal: *laughter rings through the bridge*

Sadia@gulremal: <FX> Ship jumps to warp, as starts on the main screen turn into bright white lines...and for the sake of plot convenience, turn back into stars again*

Sadia@gulremal: <FX> Screen switches to a massive wall of gaseous nebula, dark and foreboding..*

Sadia@gulremal: https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/memoryalpha/images/5/50/BriarPatch2375.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20110309080507&path-prefix=en

B'Atar@anncarise: "Anything on sensors?"

Lorri@crystyll runs an initial scan

Lorri@crystyll: "I have a fix on a comm buoy from the IKS yol raD. Also, a minefield of metreon gas packets. Some are being detonated by energy charges within the patch"

B'Atar@anncarise: "Energy charges? That someone planted?"

Sadia@gulremal: "Accessing the buoy's data...logs show that yol raD has entered the Patch in search for disappearing vessels, they took some damage from the gas pockets, but decided to continue.

Lorri@crystyll shakes her head, "Negative, the patch is volatile. The energy discharges are naturally occuring"

Sadia@gulremal: "Last log notes a weak distress call from deeper within the patch, and yol raD moved deeper to pursue.

Sadia@gulremal: "

B'Atar@anncarise: "So they were looking for a ship too...don't suppose the log specifies what it was?"

Sadia@gulremal: *shakes head* No, the signal was too weak to provide the nature of the vessel in distress, captain.

Sadia@gulremal: "If we move to the last logged location of yol raD, we might be able to catch the distress signal ourselves.

Sadia@gulremal: "

B'Atar@anncarise: "I guess we go in after them. And try to avoid getting caught up in explosions."

Sadia@gulremal: <FX> Ship moves in the swirling mass of radiation and gasses, lighting arcing in the background. Bridge lighting darkens as ship if fully surrounded by the Patch, and hull reverberates from the -

Sadia@gulremal: - pulses of nearby explosions of the gas coulds. Helmsmen so far have no issues evading the dangerous gas cluster, following the route of the yol raD...

Sadia@gulremal: "Captain, waht do you think happened in here?"

B'Atar@anncarise: "Wouldn't be unusual for another ship to have disappeared in here and called for the yol raD's help. Or maybe it was lured into a trap."

Sadia@gulremal: *short murmuring in the background*

B'Atar@anncarise: "This place might be dangerous, but that just makes it better for pirates and all sorts of honourless tohzah to hide in."

B'Atar@anncarise: "We'll see when we find the ship! Just be ready for an ambush!"

Lorri@crystyll: "Background radiation is making sensors almost useless in here. If someone knew this area well, they could hide forever in this mess..."

B'Atar@anncarise: "All the more reason to expect a trap..."

Lorri@crystyll: "We're losing the yol raD's engine trail, but I have what could be a weak comm signal

Lorri@crystyll: "

Sadia@gulremal: "Yes, I'm receiving it...clearing it up...it's still weak, but I've got something!"

B'Atar@anncarise: "Let's hear it!"

Sadia@gulremal: <FX> Video signal, occasinally interruped by crackling and static, shows an scantily clad orion female...strangely looking very similar to Istar.

B'Atar@anncarise: "Who's this? We were expecting a Klingon ship."

Sadia@gulremal: <Orion> -dren Morana of SS Lucrative, we've lost engi- ...- sing power. We were attacked by -...- and are left to -...- ave yourselves! I repeat, do no- *breaks into static*

B'Atar@anncarise: "Well, that must've been the other ship they were trying to help..."

Sadia@gulremal: "I apologize captain, that's the best I could do, signal is too degarded. It must be the same signal that yol raD responded to."

B'Atar@anncarise: "Any contact from the yol raD?"

Sadia@gulremal: "No, I can find no other comm signals."

B'Atar@anncarise: "Then we'll have to go in. But we can't charge in like they probably did, or the same'll just happen to us."

Lorri@crystyll: "I have the signal tracking further in. Hell of a dense metreon patch between us and it though"

B'Atar@anncarise: "Let me guess...sensors probably can't see what's inside it."

B'Atar@anncarise: rolls 9 (1-100)

Lorri@crystyll: rolls 66 (1-100)

Lorri@crystyll: "No way to see beyond, but I believe I can modify a tractor repulsor to disperse the clouds at a safe range in front of us"

Lorri@crystyll: "Like a snow plough on a Rigellian ATV"

Lorri@crystyll: "Downside is, for that amount of power something else has got to give. Only weapons and shields current use enough to accommodate, so one of those would have to go"

B'Atar@anncarise: "Perfect opportunity for an ambush..."

B'Atar@anncarise: "Take weapons offline. If we get ambushed, they'll probably get the first hit in, and we don't want to be caught without defenses."

B'Atar@anncarise: "These clouds are the ones that were exploding, right?"

Lorri@crystyll: "Indeed. Transferring weapons power to the tractor emitter"

B'Atar@anncarise: "If we need to, we might be able to weaponize that. No way to replace shields, though."

Sadia@gulremal: <FX> Ship's tractor beams activate and start dispersing nearby metreon clouds, as ship moves deeper into the Briar Patch. Some of the clouds do detonate, but at the distance, shaking the ship but no -

Sadia@gulremal: - damage is suffered. Minutes pass in silence, and then, the thick layer of metreon clouds is cleared and ship enters a less volatile area...

Sadia@gulremal: "Source of the signal should be straight in front of us, captain."

Sadia@gulremal: <FX> Screen shows area ahead filled with asteroids...or wait, are that shipwrecks?

B'Atar@anncarise: "That what I think it is?"

Lorri@crystyll tries to clear up sensor resolution

Lorri@crystyll: "Reading multiple objects... artificial construction... varying sizes from shuttles to, Goddess... some of these look larger than the Capital city on Q'onos!"

Lorri@crystyll: "most of them consist of standard hull and armor platin alloys like duranium, tritanium, diburnium, monotanium etc"

B'Atar@anncarise: "Energy signatures? Are they active?"

Sadia@gulremal: <FX> Indeed, screen pans out to show a massive amount of ship debris, of known and unknown designs, some larger that biggest starbases

Sadia@gulremal: "This is a ship graveyard..."

Lorri@crystyll: "Still having a hard time getting any solid reading in this mess, but will keep trying to isolate any energy readings"

Sadia@gulremal: - metals around

Sadia@gulremal: ** mt

Lorri@crystyll: "Only one I can get a solid read on at present is this Orion transport ahead of us" she focuses the viewscreen towards said reading

Lorri@crystyll: "That signal is stationary, but others are not which is not making it any easier..."

B'Atar@anncarise: "Can we contact the Orions again? They said something about being attacked, might know more about what's going on here."

Sadia@gulremal: <FX> Screen zooms to badly damaged immobile orion vessel...

Sadia@gulremal: https://i.pinimg.com/originals/8f/78/5a/8f785ad9125c828133e9620dd416697c.jpg

Sadia@gulremal: "Attempting to establish communications...boosting the signal..."

Sadia@gulremal: <FX> Again, the image of an same orion appears, but now you can see the details...the bridge behind her is in ruins, consoles flickering and shutting on and off. Her outfit and hair, however, remain -

Sadia@gulremal: - impeccable.

Sadia@gulremal: <Morana> No, not again. Tell me klingon, are you real, or is this another trick played upon my eyes?

B'Atar@anncarise: "We're no trick. And judging from all the ships here, shouldn't be too hard to believe somebody else's stumbled upon this place."

B'Atar@anncarise: <C> "You said something about being attacked?"

Sadia@gulremal: <Morana> Turn around, and don not look back! This place is cursed, and it will claim you as it had claimed one that came before you!

B'Atar@anncarise: <C> "What makes you say that? I don't see the Gate of Gre'thor anywhere, just a lot of wrecks. Tell me what happened to you, unless you really wanna give up and die in this place without a fight?"

Sadia@gulremal: <Morana> You do not understand, this place, it plays tricks with your eyes, makes you see things that are not there. Or maybe they are, but not what you thi-

Sadia@gulremal: *ship violently rocks, some consoles spark and couple of low ranking officers stumble and theatrically drop to the ground due to the shock. Red lights turn on and alarms blare!

Sadia@gulremal: *

Sadia@gulremal: <Tac> we've been hit, shields at 70% percent and holding!

B'Atar@anncarise: "By what?"

Lorri@crystyll: "It's a ship to starboard! Seems the, uh, cowardly targs were hiding behind an asteroid!"

Sadia@gulremal: <FX> Screen flickers as it switches to an image of a familiar D7 cruiser, it's front weapon ports burning red...

Sadia@gulremal: *gasps" It's yol raD!

Sadia@gulremal: -- CLIFFHANGER --
1 Like