30 Jun: The Armory, part 2

KDF and allies continue their chase for the elusive Armory...

--

When: Sunday, Jun 30, Alpha+0

Audience: Klingon and allies

Event type: Bridge RP

Starting point: Starship bridge

OOC point of contact: @gulremal
Spoiler: Mission LogShow
[Local] Sadia@gulremal: <Intro> Last time, following the information provided by Utilidan Retrofitters, squadron went to investigate Dominion presence in an uncharted system consisting of a single sun and large asteroid belt

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: As they approached the spot where these Dominion forces destroyed a salvage ship, they prepared an ambush and deftly defeated the somewhat outdated Dominion ships...

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: The only casualty came from a suicide attack on Hor'cha, as Kodon reported the damage was bigger than originally reported and he will have to stay behind and effect immediate repairs...

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: Scans of disabled attack ship show minimum Jem'hadar crew was present, and crew quarters being modified to power stasis pods.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: <FX> The asteroid field looms ahead, and sensors have trouble breaching through all the interference from the mineral and metal deposits.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: -- And now, the continuation --

Egzo@HF_Mudd scowls at the viewscreen. Just the sort of hiding spot he'd pick for himself.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: <C-Bara> Well, that was quick...I'm detecting no more ships coming from the field.

[Local] T'Vek of Vulcan@anncarise: <C> "These stasis pods...that might be how the Jem'Hadar are keeping themselves alive. I do not believe anyone knows the life expectancy of a Jem'Hadar due to their tendency to die in battle, but -

[Local] T'Vek of Vulcan@anncarise: - so do Klingons, and Klingons live far more than twenty years."

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: <C> Errybody keep an eye out. Or two. This is about when I'd launch my /second/ ambush.

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: <C> Of whoever won that last fight.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: <C-Bara> Well, mybe they had problems with ketracel supply, so this was a way to mitigate that.

[Local] T'Vek of Vulcan@anncarise: <C> "That is another possibility."

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: <FX> No activity from the asteroid field...

Egzo@HF_Mudd mutters s'more, and asks his science Gorn, "Shlaak, got anything new?"

[Emotes] Egzo@HF_Mudd: rolls 85 (1-100)

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: Shlaak: No movement, but there iss definitely a sstrong ssenssor field insside. Ssome energy readingss are ssimilar to the holographic dissguissess we ussed on ocassion.

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: "Cute."

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: <C-Bara> Probably some hidden defenses?

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: <C> Or their whole base.

[Local] T'Vek of Vulcan@anncarise: <C> "It may be best to disrupt the field prior to approaching. They will likely be aware of our presence either way, but if we disrupt their stealth systems we will be able to clearly see what we -

[Local] T'Vek of Vulcan@anncarise: - are up against."

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: <C-Bara> How do you plan to do that? This field looks massive...

[Team] T'Vek of Vulcan@anncarise: Hmm...are the energy readings the same throughout or does it have notable stronger points?

[Team] Sadia@gulremal: scan covered the area directly in front of you, you'd have to do more scans to determine range

[Local] T'Vek of Vulcan@anncarise: <C> "I suggest we chart out more of the region. Perhaps we will be able to determine the strongest points in the field, which may suggest the source of holoprojectors."

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: <C> Makes sense.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: <C-Bara> We can make s small sensor net and cover a wider area, no?

[Local] T'Vek of Vulcan@anncarise: <C> "That would be most efficient, I believe."

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: <C-Bara> Okay, I'm moving a bit closer, putting all spare power into sensor suite...Lorri, can Thana help others boost our range?

[Local] Lorri@crystyll: <C> "I'm sure we can manage something."

[Team] Sadia@gulremal: okay folks, sensor rolls plox

[Emotes] Lorri@crystyll: rolls 26 (1-100)

[Emotes] T'Vek of Vulcan@anncarise: rolls 30 (1-100)

[Emotes] Egzo@HF_Mudd: rolls 66 (1-100)

[Team] T'Vek of Vulcan@anncarise: Hahaha I'm so use to doing /emotenotext for my emotes I typed /emotenotext first

[Team] T'Vek of Vulcan@anncarise: then realized wait a second...

[Team] T'Vek of Vulcan@anncarise: I'm doing a roll!

[Emotes] Sadia@gulremal: rolls 18 (1-100)

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: <FX> Squadron coordinates a small sensor net of their own and performs a wide area scan of the asteroid field...

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: <Shlaak> We've issolated the energy ssignaturess to the area 500 miless in diameter in thiss area of the field...*screen shows a circle bit deeper into the field*

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: <Shlaak> There are at leasst two dozen power ssignaturess, but they are dampened for a reasson. Mosst likely defenssess waiting for ssomeone to approach.

Egzo@HF_Mudd nods. "Looks like a standard Dominion War setup ... automated heavy turrets."

[Local] Lorri@crystyll: <C> We have what I would surmise is the central facility. From the power signature though it almost looks to be shut down

[Local] T'Vek of Vulcan@anncarise: <C> "I'm seeing over a dozen holographic signals. They may be what are hiding the defences."

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: <C-Bara> I have a feeling just walking in there would be very fatal...

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: <C-Bara> We could try using the field as cover and pick those signatures off 1 by 1?

[Team] Sadia@gulremal: if you guys are lacking ideas, just gimme tech/science roll

[Emotes] Lorri@crystyll: rolls 20 (1-100)

[Local] T'Vek of Vulcan@anncarise: <C> "Or we could potentially use the field against them in other fashions, depending on how advanced the defences are."

[Local] T'Vek of Vulcan@anncarise: <C> "If we change the course of certain asteroids with tractor beams and speed them up, we may force the defences to expose themselves by attacking or maneuvering out of the way."

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: <C> Yeah, that could work. Or if they're dumber than we think, the rocks'lll hit 'em and take 'em out.

[Local] T'Vek of Vulcan@anncarise: <C> "That would be the most optimal result, albeit unlikely."

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: <C-Bara> We should be careful not to hit whatever is kept there...if we care about that anyhow?

[Local] T'Vek of Vulcan@anncarise: <C> "If the Thana has located the central facility, we will not divert any asteroids to that location."

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: <Shlaak> Hmm...there'ss lot of metalss in thesse assteroidss...

Egzo@HF_Mudd looks over his shoulder again. "You got an idea?"

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: <Shlaak> We could try magnetizing the rocks with a wide area magnetometric pulsse...that could causse quite some chaoss - would be much more fasster than tractoring.

Egzo@HF_Mudd grins nastily. "Chaos. I like it."

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: "Get a whole bunch at once, play dom-jot."

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: <C> Let's make it happen.

[Local] T'Vek of Vulcan@anncarise: <C> "A fine idea. We can also overcharge the asteroids to create an electrical cascade."

[Local] T'Vek of Vulcan@anncarise: <C> "That will likely damage or disorientate their systems further."

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: Shlaak: Thana Vaneri's deflector dish is the sstrongesst, sso we sshould transsfer power to Thana for makssimum bursst.

[Team] Sadia@gulremal: okies...everyone should roll their tech skill, and then lorri rolls for an actual EM blast.

[Emotes] T'Vek of Vulcan@anncarise: rolls 72 (1-100)

[Team] Lorri@crystyll: thats 2 rolls from me?

[Team] Lorri@crystyll: or just the EM blast roll?

[Team] Sadia@gulremal: you do just the blast when everyone else does their rolls

[Team] Lorri@crystyll: gotcha

[Emotes] Sadia@gulremal: rolls 59 (1-100)

[Emotes] Egzo@HF_Mudd: rolls 18 (1-100)

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: (reroll)

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: <C-Bara> Barut here...sending all the power we've got

[Emotes] Egzo@HF_Mudd: rolls 79 (1-100)

[Emotes] Lorri@crystyll: rolls 85 (1-100)

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: <FX> All ships transfer available power to Thana. Weaker ship would buckle under such pressure, but the top of the orion engineering is up to the task, and channels all the power into the main -

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: - deflector dish.

[Local] T'Vek of Vulcan@anncarise: <C> "Premium is transferring all available power as well."

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: <FX> Massive magentometric burst, followed by main capacitor discharged hits the field in front of them and starts spreading, as the asteroids start of move erratically, like a crazy game of space -

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: - billiards. Each collision is met by a burst of electrical discharge, as smaller chunks of broken asteroids continue the game. Soon, whatever defenses are there act, and your sensors can (though -

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: - barely) detect energy discharges and antimatter explosions. The chaos continues unabated for a while, rippling through the field, but eventually it loses the momentum and dies down...

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: <FX> In front of squadron, field is thinned but filled with smaller asteroud chunks that are still moving, but far easier to evade or deflect/shoot down with PD.

Egzo@HF_Mudd has been watching as the chain reaction plays out and eventually starts to die down, and at what he deems the right moment, he sweeps his arm forward.

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: <C> Hag'lhr, moving in.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: <C-Bara> Uhhh...now that was something...no energy signatures detected from here...

[Team] Sadia@gulremal: that roll had so many bonuses from other folks rolls it was technically a crit :)

[Team] Lorri@crystyll: xD

[Team] T'Vek of Vulcan@anncarise: Awesome!

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: <FX> At the direction of Egzo's helmcat, the bird of prey moves into the field, toward the prize at its center.

[Local] T'Vek of Vulcan@anncarise: <C> "Hopefully that did not damage the central facility too much."

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: <C-Bara> Barut is on your wing, Hag'lhr.

[Team] Sadia@gulremal: okay, anyone under cloak, and is everyone following?

[Team] Egzo@HF_Mudd: Not under cloak at the moment - that was a bit of a give-away - but ready to engage and/or evade.

[Team] Sadia@gulremal: all these shenanigans had to be done outta cloak, barut too is out of it, as having shields in the asteroid field is good :)

T'Vek of Vulcan@anncarise sticks close by the Thana.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: <FX> Squadron arrives at the center of what was supposed to be central facility. You detect a lot of debris from cardassian turrets, even couple that are almost intact but disabled by the discharges.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: <FX> Central facility is built in a massive asteroid that was hollowed out. The chaos caused a multiple smaller and one larger hole that would allow a battleship-sized ship to enter the hollowed area-

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: - inside, and you can easily scan inside from the opening.

Egzo@HF_Mudd orders Shlaak to do so.

[Team] Sadia@gulremal: sensor rolls plox

[Emotes] Egzo@HF_Mudd: rolls 56 (1-100)

[Emotes] Lorri@crystyll: rolls 81 (1-100)

[Emotes] T'Vek of Vulcan@anncarise: rolls 19 (1-100)

[Local] T'Vek of Vulcan@anncarise: <C> "The facility appears to be running on a power conservation mode, or is otherwise very low on power."

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: Shlaak: ...uhhh...you gotta see this bosss *puts the image of the inside onscreen*

[Local] Lorri@crystyll: <C> "Environmental systems are offline; no lifesigns that we can read. What looks to be former living areas all seem to house more stasis pods. Seeing around 300 in all, all containing Cardassian remains"

[Local] Lorri@crystyll: <C> "We believe these readings are indicative of the pods being systematically taken offline as an offset to power conversation. All at least 15 years ago"

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: <FX> Inside the asteroid is dark, but imagery shifts to "might mode", and you see a massive docking bay with dozens of "piers" jutting from the inner walls of the asteroid. At each of these, heavily -

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: - secured by clamps, are what looks like elongated, heavy-frigate-sized vessels of Cardassian design...

[Local] T'Vek of Vulcan@anncarise: <C> "That would suggest someone believed preserving something else in the station requiring power was more important than preserving the lives inside the pods..."

[Local] Lorri@crystyll: <C> "Are those all..." her eyes widen, taking in the image, "Goddess..."

Egzo@HF_Mudd looks the docked vessels over with the practiced eye of an engineer, one fist clenching unconsciously in silent triumph.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: <FX> All of them bear typical orange color, cardassian insignia and something akin to a serial number, all starting with ATR-4110.

[Local] Lorri@crystyll: <C> "I am unfamiliar with Cardassian fleet operations. Is that typical of their registries?"

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: <C> (distracted) probably rigged to keep the highest-ranked alive to the end, but even they ran out, finally.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: <C-Bara> I've got no idea...lemme ch-

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: <C-Bara> Oh, there's a syndicate file...oh...crap.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: -- SCENE END --
1 Like