31 Mar: Hunt's off, part 2

KDF strike team survived the Hirogen ambush, but now must race against the time to stop the Hirogen from self-destructing the vessel...

--

When: Sunday, Mar 31, Beta -1*

Audience: Klingon and allies

Event type: Bridge RP

Starting point: Starship bridge

OOC point of contact: @gulremal

//OOC: * I changed the time again due to incoming Daylight saving changes on the morning of Mar 31. If I messed up the timing, please let me know.
3 Likes
Unfortunately I won’t be able to make this, I have conflicting plans. Have fun miscreants!
Spoiler: And now, the conclusionShow
[Local] Sadia@gulremal: <FX> After defeating Hirogen ambush, team quickly regroups and checks their options. Hirogen have taken over the galor's main engineering, and KDF assault team is having hard time flushing them out.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: <FX> Nesha has managed to kick-start one of the local consoles and has gained access to the some of the ship's subsystems. She's stopped the Hirogen from overloading the warp core, but doesn't -

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: - have access to went plasma into the main engineering and remove the Hirogen. It is only matter of time before Hirogen decide to apply more direct and violent measures...

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: ** OOC: rest of the team is trailing us and providing cover against possible ambushes...

[Local] B'Atar@anncarise: "Guess it's down to Engineering now?"

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: *adjusts her armor, cursing at the damaged chest area* So, we are going after the main engineerng?

[Local] B'Atar@anncarise: "That's where the fighting is!"

[Local] Lexi@crystyll looks between the pair with a quirked expression at the jinx moment]

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: *nods to Lexi* Well, you're the captain.

[Local] Lexi@crystyll: "Alright then, lets go crack some Hirogen skulls. B'Atar, you take point"

B'Atar@anncarise nods and begins making her way towards engineering.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: <FX> The way to main engineering is free of hostiles, only dangers being the environmental damage and occasional broken and leaking plasma conduit. As they close in, they are greeted by exchange of -

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: - energy weapon fire. A small team of warriors, mostly Egzo's crew, is trading shot through the main engineering doors with the Hirogen. Couple of mercs lie dead, and one more was moved aside and is-

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: - being patched up.

[Local] B'Atar@anncarise: "Looks like they could use some reinforcements. Time to join in the party?"

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: <FX> A large nausicaan with a disruptor rifle notices them.

Lexi@crystyll nods, looking to the Nausicaan, "What have we got?"

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: (N): Four bastards have holed themselves up. They've dropped some kind of invisible mines right at the entrance, lost two men trying to rush in there and storm the bastards.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: (N): I dunno if there's more of those blasted mines, but definitely not interested in findin' out the hard way.

[Local] B'Atar@anncarise: "Don't suppose we can just blow them up with grenades, being an engineering room and all..."

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: (N): Well, they put those mines in there, but I guess they're makin' a last stand and don't care if the entire ship blows up.

[Local] Lexi@crystyll: "Unless their cloaking tech is something pretty unique and special, a tricorder adapted to emit a tachyon pulse should be able to show them up"

Lexi@crystyll frowns a little, then smiles, "Thanks Kialee..." she mutters under her breath

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: (N): Well, be my guest!

[Local] Lexi@crystyll: "I hope I can remember how to do this right. It was a few lifetimes ago now..." she pulls out her tricorder, fiddling around with it with a frustrated scowl on her face

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: Bara: Okay, but how do we disable those things even if we find them?

Lexi@crystyll can't get the tricorder working!

[Emotes] Lexi@crystyll: rolls 41 (1-100)

[Local] Lexi@crystyll: "Well once we can see them we can either find a way around, or if nothing else take aim on them"

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: <FX> With some help from her past hosts, Lexi manages to modify her tricorder.

[Local] B'Atar@anncarise: "Could try and see if EMP works on them. Though it might just detonate them too..."

[Local] Lexi@crystyll: "Well, it's done - I think - let's see what we see!"

[Local] Lexi@crystyll edges closer to the door, remaining in cover, to emit the tricroder pulse and - hopefully - spot the appearing mines

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: <FX> Lexi's scan shows only a couple of mines left, on the pillars closer to the warp core. Unlucky hit at any of them could be a serious, if not last, mistake.

[Local] Lexi@crystyll: "Well there you go" she looks back to the Nausicaan, "Safety tip number 1: don't shoot at the warp core" she smirks

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: Bara: *uses her tricorder* Can't detect any Hirogen, they must be hiding, bastards...and they know we can't just rush in shooting like idiots.

[Local] Lexi@crystyll: "With the mines so close to the core, I would not want to risk trying to set them off as a means to expose the Hirogen. What about plasma lines, like the one somebody shot in the fight before?"

[Local] B'Atar@anncarise: "Won't that risk blowing up the core too?"

[Local] B'Atar@anncarise: "Anybody get a good look at what helmets these Hirogen are wearing? I think they have masks but no visors, right?"

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: *nods* Yes, you're right.

Lexi@crystyll: "Wouldn't have thought so. Long as it's not so close to the remaining mines anyway"

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: I mean, there's not a lot of place they can hide...

[Local] B'Atar@anncarise: "I've heard of some chemical crowd control that targets the eyes, makes people tear up. Usually planetary defense force level stuff."

[Local] B'Atar@anncarise: "Might be able to flush them out if we can pump some into engineering though."

[Local] B'Atar@anncarise: "Assuming Hirogen have tear ducts. I've never seen them before..."

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: Bara: hah, seeing Hirogen cry, that would be the day!

[Local] Lexi@crystyll: "What about a good old smoke grenade? Even if it doesn't effect their vision, their movement will show through the smoke right, so we can target them?"

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: (N): Incoming! *fires*

[Local] B'Atar@anncarise: "That could work!"

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: <FX> Two hirogen suddenly appear and rush into the corridor, their blades drawn!

[Local] B'Atar@anncarise: "Worth a try if- or they can decide to do a rush!"

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: -- ROUND 1 --

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: -- Lexi's action --

Lexi@crystyll spins around, drawing her bat'leth, "Huzzah!" looking to the Nausicaan, "Watch your flank; they may be distracting so others can around you"

Lexi@crystyll positions herself in front of the nearest Hirogen, holding eye contact and baiting him into a duel

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: <FX> Hirogen drops into the combat stance, but does not attack.

Lexi@crystyll would attempt to bait him to attack first, defend a few blows to size up his weak area/s before making an opportune strike

[Emotes] Lexi@crystyll: rolls 40 (1-100)

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: -- B'atar's action --

Sadia@gulremal: <FX> Lexi slashes at the hirogen, but her attacks do no damage?

B'Atar@anncarise moves to draw her mek'leth but notices that Lexi's attacks seem to have no effect.

B'Atar@anncarise instead just fires at the other charging Hirogen instead of engaging in a duel, suspecting they might be decoys.

[Emotes] B'Atar@anncarise: rolls 66 (1-100)

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: <FX> B'atar's shot passes right through Hirogen, and it's holo breaks down!

[Local] B'Atar@anncarise: "Definitely trying to sneak around us!"

[Local] Lexi@crystyll: "I knew it!" she turns her attention to their sides, hoping the Nausicaan took her advice and covered against a flank move

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: (N): *looks at Lexi* Say wh- *something smashes right into his face and he flies across the hallways and hits the other wall. Large Hirogen appears, and in one quick move he sprays other two remaining

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: - troopers with tetryon fire. One of them is practically disintegrated by multiple hits but second one drops into the rolls and evades the attack.

Lexi@crystyll sighs, shaking her head, "How many times Egzo; you get what you pay for..."

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: <H-Beta> You bore me with your dribble, time to finish you off!

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: <FX> Two more hirogen rush in and engage Lexi and B'atar!

Lexi@crystyll grins wickedly as she stands prone once more, twirling the bat'leth in a figure-8 before her, because that's effective Klingon combat style apparently

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: <FX> Hirogen attacking Lexi misses wildly, but manages to regain their footing. Second one uses his short spear and managed to stab B'atar! Her armor absorbs most of the blow, but she receives a -

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: - painful stab in her right leg!

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: <FX> Sounds of fight can be heard behind, as the rest of the team is fighting someone!

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: Bara: *opens fire at Hirogen leader, a short burst of antiproton fire!

[Emotes] Sadia@gulremal: rolls 80 (1-100)

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: <FX> All shots connect, but are consumed by Beta's shielding, that flickers out...

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: -- ROUND 2 --

Lexi@crystyll tries to use the Hirogen's miss to a momentum-advantage and swing back across him for a quick & clean kill

[Emotes] Lexi@crystyll: rolls 18 (1-100)

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: <FX> Hirogen backsteps quickly and dodges Lexi's powerful swing!

[Local] B'Atar@anncarise drops to her knee and abandons her rifle, quickly fabricating a small buckler shield with her wrist-replicator (totally not an omni-tool...) to defend against the Hirogen's next attack.

[Emotes] B'Atar@anncarise: rolls 74 (1-100)

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: <FX> A proper shield materializes in B'atar's left hand!

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: <FX> It even has a symbol of her House on it's front side!

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: <FX> Hirogen Beta laughs as he guns down the last active trooper from the original assault group while bullrushing Bara and piledriving her into one of the wall conduits...

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: (Hirogen Beta): Who's next?

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: <FX> Hirogen attacking Lexi makes another attempt but Lexi easily blocks it, while B'atar's shield stops the second hirogen's spear.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: -- ROUND 3 --

Lexi@crystyll attempts to turn her successful block into a combination counter aiming to drop the Hirogen before taking his head off

[Emotes] Lexi@crystyll: rolls 91 (1-100)

[Team] Lexi@crystyll: thats more like it!

[Team] Lexi@crystyll: guess Egzo is her lucky charm xD

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: <FX> Lexi twists her blade, turning her opponent's blade to the grond, and then with a quick upward slash she cuts his head open!

B'Atar@anncarise knows her opponent has a longer weapon and with an injured leg would never outmaneuver him and take him down with her mek'leth. Instead, she draws her disruptor pistol sidearm with her left hand -

B'Atar@anncarise - and tries to shoot the Hirogen after blocking his second attack.

[Emotes] B'Atar@anncarise: rolls 83 (1-100)

[Team] B'Atar@anncarise: Omni-Shield and gun combo!

[Team] B'Atar@anncarise: I guess B'Atar's an N7 Paladin Sentinel...

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: <FX> B'atar just can't be arsed...

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=anEuw8F8cpE

[Team] B'Atar@anncarise: hahaha

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: <FX> Yeah, Hirogen is pretty much dead.

[Team] B'Atar@anncarise: https://masseffect.fandom.com/wiki/N7_Paladin_Sentinel

[Team] B'Atar@anncarise: Totally B'Atar now

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: <FX> Hirogen Beta removes his shoulder from Bara and she slumps down the wall with barely a whimper. He turns to the newcomer and fires his massive tetryon rifle!

[Team] Sadia@gulremal: ...

[Team] Egzo@HF_Mudd: (So what's the roll?)

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: ** https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=efeBh4T9yao

[Team] Egzo@HF_Mudd: (ha.)

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: <FX> Blasts fire off all around Egzo at the hallway entrance barely 10 feet away... Egzo is stunned for a second... turns left... turns right... sees the blast marks on the wall behind him...

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: -- Egzo's action --

Egzo@HF_Mudd looks down at himself briefly, shield and armor completely unmarked by the flurry of shots.

Egzo@HF_Mudd shrugs, and returns fire with his pulsewave at close range.

[Emotes] Egzo@HF_Mudd: rolls 74 (1-100)

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: <FX> With the shields taken down by Bara's fire, the Hirogen Beta takes the blast directly in the chest and is blown away, falling to the ground lifelessly.

Egzo@HF_Mudd says to the blown-back corpse, "That'd be me."

[Local] B'Atar@anncarise: "Just in time Egzo!"

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: "As usual. What we got?"

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: <FX> Aside from the Hirogen and KDF/merc bodies on the floor (plus an unconscious but still somewhat alive Bara), they seem to be alone in the hallway.

B'Atar@anncarise holsters her pistol but keeps the shield up for the moment as she clips her rifle to her back and pushes herself onto her feet, "They holed themselves up and mined the engine room."

Egzo@HF_Mudd moves to quickly check on Bara while he gets the sitrep.

[Local] B'Atar@anncarise: "Think that was their last charge and they gave it all they got."

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: ** is a random support trooper now

[Local] Lexi@crystyll: "Yeah, couple mines still active around the core. Don't know yet if any more are skulking around though"

[Tell] Sadia@gulremal: bara is alive, but she's breathing heavily, that piledrive must have curshed something

Egzo@HF_Mudd nods. "We gotta get in there and disarm 'em. Watch fer lurkers in corners 'n stuff."

B'Atar@anncarise nods, "I'll cover you."

Egzo@HF_Mudd pulls a transporter tag off a short strip and slaps it on Bara, activating it.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: <FX> Bara disappears in transporter light...

Egzo@HF_Mudd stacks up at the corner of the door into engineering, then moves cautiously inside, sweeping the room with his pulsewave's blunt muzzle.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: <FX> Asidee from humm of a warp core and occasional sparking of damage consoles...engeneering is eerily silent.

B'Atar@anncarise draws her mek'leth and holds it in her left hand, advancing into the room with a limp, holding her shield and weapon at the ready

Lexi@crystyll seems rather more casual as she follows them in, though her keen eye is clearly focused on the look for any more surprises

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: <FX> Four mines, two at each side on the pillars close to the warp core are now clearly visible, and slight blinking lights on them show they are definitely active.

Egzo@HF_Mudd mutters a curse and slings his pulsewave, moving to the nearest and relying on the others to watch for 'surprises'.

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: "Lessee..."

Egzo@HF_Mudd examines the mine closely before he even touches it.

[Emotes] Egzo@HF_Mudd: rolls 56 (1-100)

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: <FX> Standard Hirogen proximity mine. In effect close to the "Houdinis" used by Jem'hadar, though Hirogen also use non-lethal version to catch prey.

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: "Nuttin I seen before. Must be their own. But I'll bet... that THIS..."

Egzo@HF_Mudd begins, carefully, to attempt to disarm the device.

[Emotes] Egzo@HF_Mudd: rolls 5 (1-100)

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: (ouch, no)

[Team] Sadia@gulremal: reroll time?

Egzo@HF_Mudd backs off quick as the mine starts beeping alarmingly!

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: "... okay, not that."

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: "Let's try..."

[Emotes] Egzo@HF_Mudd: rolls 93 (1-100)

[Team] B'Atar@anncarise: Yay!

B'Atar@anncarise keeps an eye out for any sneak attacks as now would probably be the best time for the Hirogen to strike again, if any are left.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: <FX> With some clever tinkering, Egzo quickly disarms the mines on both sides of the engineering. Core itself looks stable, largely thanks to Nesha's meddling from the console in the cargo bay.

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: "Annnd... there."

Egzo@HF_Mudd leaves the first set of inert mines affixed to the pillar, moving to the second to repeat his work.

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: "Any more?"

[Local] B'Atar@anncarise: "Can always rely on you for tech."

B'Atar@anncarise looks to Lexi to check if she detected any more mines.

[Local] Lexi@crystyll: "That's all that showed up on my sweep"

[Local] B'Atar@anncarise: "And no more Hirogen snuck up on us, so we're probably clear."

Lexi@crystyll runs another sweep with her modified tricorder just to be sure

Egzo@HF_Mudd frowns. "Eh. Maybe."

[Emotes] Lexi@crystyll: rolls 31 (1-100)

[Local] Lexi@crystyll: (if needed)

Egzo@HF_Mudd begins de-sticking the mines, so they won't cause any more trouble where they are.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: <FX> Indeed, area looks clear.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: <FX> B'tar's omnitool beeps.

[Local] B'Atar@anncarise: "Getting a message here, looks like fighting's over on the bridge but can't confirm with a clear scan."

Egzo@HF_Mudd hands the last mine off to the support trooper before tapping at his gauntlet. "Egzo t' Hag'lhr. Engineerin's secure, though Team Beta ain' comin' back. How do things look there?"

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: <R'rit> All clear Boss, no more enemy ships, we've lost the retreating hirogen vessel.

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: <C> Ah well. Recall the rest a' the boarders, and the bodies too.

[Local] B'Atar@anncarise: "Any Cardies still alive?"

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: <R'rit> There's some movement on the bridge, but we can't get a proper scan, something is blocking the direct scans and locks.

Egzo@HF_Mudd hrmms, his frown audible even over comms. "We'll handle that," he declares, looking around to the rest of 'his' ad-hoc team for confirmation.

[Local] B'Atar@anncarise: "Sounds like we should pay the bridge a visit. Either there's more Hirogen to kill, or the Cardies might be able to tell us why they're out here and being hunted."

[Local] Lexi@crystyll: "Either way, worth a look" she nods

B'Atar@anncarise reabsorbs the shield into the wrist-replicator to recycle the materials and draws her rifle again. "Let's go."

Egzo@HF_Mudd unslings his disruptor shotgun as well.

[Local] Latima Urnal@gulremal: <FX> As the team approaches the entrance to the bridge, they note a lot of cardassian and Hirogen bodies littering the floor, a sign of heavy struggle.

[Local] Latima Urnal@gulremal: <FX> The entrance itself shows signs of recent energy weapons discharge, present in still somewhat smoking body of what was once a Hirogen hunter.

[Local] Latima Urnal@gulremal: <FX> bridge is fairly well lit, far more than usual for cardassians, possibly to help them discern any hirogen trying to sneak in.

[Local] Latima Urnal@gulremal: <FX> As they approach, a loud female voice shouts from the bridge..

[Local] Latima Urnal@gulremal: HALT! Who goes there!

B'Atar@anncarise stays near the back of the group to use the range of her heavy disruptor to best efficiency, and since she can't move as well as usual with an injured leg.

Lexi@crystyll rolls her eyes, "The ones who aren't Hirogen!" she calls back after a moment

[Local] Latima Urnal@gulremal: That's reassuring! What do you want?

[Local] Lexi@crystyll: "Well, talking face to face might be a nice start..."

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: "We can even put away our guns if ya like."

[Local] Latima Urnal@gulremal: That sounds reasonable. You may enter, but no funny business.

Lexi@crystyll steps through to the bridge, hands not quite raised in surrender, but held out enough to clearly indicate no intention to reach for the bat'leth on her back

B'Atar@anncarise clips her rifle to her back as well and steps onto the bridge.

[Local] B'Atar@anncarise: "We heard your distress call, came by to check out what was going on."

Egzo@HF_Mudd enters last, looking this way and that.

[Local] Latima Urnal@gulremal: *seeing everyone has entered without weapons drawn, she lowers her weapon*

[Local] Latima Urnal@gulremal: Huh, well that was unexpected.

[Local] Latima Urnal@gulremal: *she waves her hand and two cardassians appear, one from behind the captain's chair and second hiding behind the console to her right, with their rifles lowered*

[Local] Latima Urnal@gulremal: All Hirogen are done for, I assume?

[Local] Lexi@crystyll: "We seem to have dispatched the last of them in your engine room. Though one can never been too certain when it comes to those slippery bastards."

B'Atar@anncarise nods, "If there's any more hiding, it's probably not enough to mount a full counterattack, otherwise they'd be attacking already."

[Local] B'Atar@anncarise: "But I wouldn't travel through the ship alone still."

[Local] Latima Urnal@gulremal: I don't intend so. Ship is almost done for, anyway.

B'Atar@anncarise takes her helmet off, "What'd you do to get Hirogen hunting you?"

[Local] Latima Urnal@gulremal: I can explain that later. I'm Latima Urnal, governor of Tiani Prime, and at this point, you are my only hope.

[Local] Latima Urnal@gulremal: -- SCENE END --
3 Likes