3D Printed Ships Incoming!

USS Janus is on her way!

9ykOgWY.png

Poor Tau's ship got blown up by the Breen before he got to Argo, but it won't be forgotten! My ship will be here Monday so long as it doesn't get lost or something. I'm opening a thread up now so I have a place to post pictures - as other people are thinking about getting their ships, I figured it might not be a bad idea to post detailed pictures for folks.

She'll be the smallest ship, the affordable one.

So psyched.
3 Likes
Inb4 blown up again but by USPS.
1 Like
Janus arrived!

USS Janus In-Game:
Spoiler: >ReducedShow
1NWrRu4.jpg
t1yv6WH.jpg
nPcylSl.jpg
N7e0x3x.jpg

3D Printed Ship:
Spoiler: >ReducedShow
6QhGxR3.jpg
C1bdv0Q.jpg
B23WjWT.jpg
aYxpH2a.jpg
Ga9UBIb.jpg

Thoughts:

Generally, I like this. For the price it's pretty cool to get your own ship printed. The colors do seem a little muted, and the details, on this small model, ARE definitely muted and fuzzy. This can be seen especially on Janus' nacelles, on the red detailing.

A major gripe for me is the lack of any kind of base solution with the small item. It keeps the price low to be certain but with each ship having a different nacelle layout and no peg solution in the models, every person will have to figure out their own display fix. Depending on the method you choose, this will add to the cost. I'll be prodding around at our gaming store to see if I can find a good solution for Janus (and other Avengers I guess) so I'll update the thread.

It's pretty cool, I admit. I'm not sure I'd get my others characters ships, just because Romulan and Cardassian ships are very stock, though I might get Tau's other ship eventually...
5 Likes
Some pictures I took of the little ship i ordered for the Scharnhorst. I apologize for the lighting, it was sunny when I started, but then rain clouds moved in.
4 Likes
image1.jpg
image0.jpgimage2.jpg
image0.jpg
4 Likes