4 Aug: Captain's Night

The tradition of the Captain's Night - an unofficial dinner and socializing with task force officers and allies continues, this time in Risa fashion. Grab your beach outfit and join the festivities!

--

When: Sunday, Aug 4, Alpha-1

Audience: Klingon and allies

Event type: Social RP

Starting point: Risa summer event map

OOC point of contact: @gulremal
1 Like
Spoiler: with special guests Tau and Sara!Show
[Local] Sadia@gulremal: *grins as the trio beams in* Ah, there you are! Hope you had a good trip?

[Local] Warhunter Ku'jho@Domarg: Yesss, though long.

Egzo@HF_Mudd nods.

[Local] Lorri@crystyll: "When your ready room has a hot tub, it's always a good trip"

Lorri@crystyll grins

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: Yes, with all that "cargo" you had to ferry, using transwarp gates was not really an option.

Egzo@HF_Mudd shakes his head at orion decadence, then chuckles at Sadia's reference.

Warhunter Ku'jho@Domarg rests his face in his palm out of exasperation.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: Well, as some of you and new-ish to the task force, this is our regular yearly shore leave. I have reserved us a couple of residences by the Big Rock, just for the task force personnel.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: There's also some catering ready for your arrival, and to spare us the walk, I've got transporter reserved to speed things up.

[Local] Warhunter Ku'jho@Domarg: Tasssting the local quisssine would be of interessst.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: *rises her finger* But first! You need to get into proper festive attire.

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: "What's wrong with this?"

Egzo@HF_Mudd gestures at his current 'dressed down' state.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: For that, I have secured some local currency, *she takes out couple of small datachips from her pocket*.

Warhunter Ku'jho@Domarg looks to Egzo and back to himself. "I agree. Thisss ssshould be good."

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: *sighs* Well, up to you how to spend it, then.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: If you want to spend these thingies, there's merchant on the padd next to this one. *points to tan dude past Ku'jho's shoulder*

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: He mostly sells clother, local foods and drinks, even some pets. The guy in that bungalow over there sells jetpacks and hoverboards.

Warhunter Ku'jho@Domarg nods

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: So, I'll wait for you if you wish to buy something right away.

Lorri@crystyll heads off to do some shopping

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: Once you are done, we'll beam to our place.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: I love the sunsets here...

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: Now that's a nice outfit, tabadi. You have a great fashion sense, never doubted it.

Lorri@crystyll smiles, "I could say the same of your good self, Captain"

[Team] Sadia@gulremal: just to make sure, if you wish to keep the current outfits, you are free to do so!

[Local] Warhunter Ku'jho@Domarg: I did enjoy the bassseball.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: Wow! I did forget, baseball is popular sport in the Hegemony, yes?

[Local] Warhunter Ku'jho@Domarg: For sssome yes. Due to Cessstusss three.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: *nods* I must admit I prefer volleyball myself. Maybe we can get a proper net set up at the camp.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: Anyhow, we ready?

Egzo@HF_Mudd nods.

Istar@anncarise beams in at the middle of the platform, "Sorry Tabadi. Had to check out a lil disturbance."

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: Ah, good you could make it!

[Local] Lorri@crystyll: "Nothing of consequence I trust?"

Egzo@HF_Mudd eyes the new arrival. "Well, 'cept for her."

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: Here *hands Istar s small chip* something for the fun.

[Local] Warhunter Ku'jho@Domarg: Black, alwaysss chic'.

[Local] Istar@anncarise: "Nah, just a few Feds who had too much to drink. Guess this is one of those places they come to forget their discipline an' all."

[Local] Istar@anncarise: "Thanks!"

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: Anyhow, we are beaming to the promenade area, and then a quick jog to our bungalows.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: *she fetches out her communicator from the pocket* Let's go...*taps the comms* Sadia here, can we have that ride to the promenade now? Five to beam up.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: All right folks! Now, a quick jog to our place. Hope you are not scared of water a bit!

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: Follow me!

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: *brakes in sand* Damn, what a beauty...

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: *sheakes head* Some other time...

Egzo@HF_Mudd shades his eyes against the suns, looking out over the water at the hovering corvette.

[Local] Istar@anncarise: "Hey, don't ya already have enough pretty ships to look at with the OSN around?"

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: <FX> The area is clear aside from couple of tables set around, filled with local food, and a large barrel filled with ice and drinks....

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: *chuckles at Istar* Well, you've got some competition!

Lorri@crystyll glances over her shoulder at the dinky craft with a hoighty down-the-nose look at it, and hrmphs

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: Anyhow, this is our "fort" for the next two weeks. Three bungalows are ours to use, and I have some rentals for trips around the isles.

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: "Awwwyeah. I could get used t'this."

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: *grins at Lorri's gesture* Well, I'm sure you will keep up with your designs!

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: Anyhow, grab some food and drinks and let's have a seat by the beach. I want to hear what happened since last time we spoke.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: *she grabs a cold bottle of her favourite booze and moves a bit to the side, waiting for others*

Sadia@gulremal sits down.

Istar@anncarise grabs a drink as well and follows Sadia over.

Warhunter Ku'jho@Domarg takes a moment to look at the boards.

Istar@anncarise sits down.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: <FX> Aside from the ones seen in the game, there would be couple of more boards, one larger black and red with KDF symbol, and the one with the local motiffs.

Warhunter Ku'jho@Domarg thinks to himself, he'd like to check on that.

[Local] Warhunter Ku'jho@Domarg: Gonna talk with the risssians about the boardsss. Be back sssoon.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: <FX> Actually, two local ones, one with those pesky monkeys with tiki masks sneaking through the bushes. Second with birds in flight.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: *nods* Sure! You remember where board trader is?

Egzo@HF_Mudd fishes a colorful bottle of something out of the cooler, pops the cap off and pours half of it down his gullet.

[Local] Warhunter Ku'jho@Domarg: No, but looking around could not hurt. Though prefer to enjoy the time. Where?

Egzo@HF_Mudd belches loudly, followed by a satisfied sigh.

Lorri@crystyll sits down.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: That bungalow at the end of the pier where the tailor is.

Egzo@HF_Mudd sits in a Lounge chair.

Warhunter Ku'jho@Domarg nod affirmingly. Then transports over.

[Local] Istar@anncarise: "I'm more interested in those jetpack things they got. Seems useful anywhere, not just on water."

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: "Yeah, they're handy for gettin' around... short distances only. Me, I still rather have my bike."

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: I've got myself couple during the last few visits. They could be useful for some military ops indeed.

Istar@anncarise chuckles, "Me, I like transporting around, but I'm a Ghost."

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: Egzo, maybe you should get a full biker team eh?

[Local] Istar@anncarise: "Jetpacks could be handy being mobile in places where they might block transporters, though."

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: *nods* Any place that takes security seriously nowadays has the transporter blockers, or shields - or both,

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: You guys have ways to handle such obstacles?

[Local] Istar@anncarise: "Normally we just use conventional boarding, like anybody else. I've seen some plans for special Ghost boarding craft, but they haven't been finalized last I heard."

[Local] Istar@anncarise: "A lotta our designs got pushed back after the whole Emeria incident."

Egzo@HF_Mudd nods, draining his bottle and reaching for another.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: New craft eh? All we have is the Final Argument.

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: Which ain't nothin'.

[Team] Warhunter Ku'jho@Domarg: Cool, I'll stick with the empire then. Push hard till it gives!

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: But that thing is meant to ram into fortresses and capital ships.

Warhunter Ku'jho@Domarg smiles like a human child at xmas!

[Local] Istar@anncarise: "From what I've seen, it's like a shuttle with a single powerful beam to cut through hull."

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: *turns at the sounds of the powerboard*

[Local] Sara Desimone@kipstermick: *crosses her arms over the railing and leans forward with a little smile. A miniature pineapple almost certainly loaded with booze-infused juice dangles from the fingertips of her left hand*

[Local] Istar@anncarise: "No way around shields yet, just gotta have whatever bigger craft take 'em down first."

Istar@anncarise looks over to the giant Gorn on the powerboard, "Nice."

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: *grins* Now that's a classy ride there, Warhunter.

Tau@xanthestar vaults over the fence with a grunt, a little less spry than in the past. He adjusts his speedo, then leans back a moment to watch the Klinks

Warhunter Ku'jho@Domarg nods agreeingly.

[Local] Sara Desimone@kipstermick: *Can't help but giggle at the gorn on the powerboard. Might not be super progressive of her, but huge lizards doing people things are still adorable*

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: <FX> The beach has couple of tables with foodstuffs and a big barrel with cold drinks set up.

Warhunter Ku'jho@Domarg wooooooshes away!

Tau@xanthestar glances at Sara with a raised brow and smirk as she leads on.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: Well, we can talk about the serious stuffs a but later *smiles* seems we have some visitors!

[Local] Sara Desimone@kipstermick: *sets the drink she brough down on the platform before hopping down* "I hope you don't mind some party crashers!"

Tau@xanthestar hops down into the sand after Sara, beaming with a wide smile. "What she said."

Egzo@HF_Mudd waves the mostly empty bottle of whatever he's drinking. "Nah, c'mon, siddown."

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: For you two, I'll make an exception! *grins* Grab a drink and join us.

[Local] Sara Desimone@kipstermick: *wanders by the table and does grab exactly that! A warnog...probably a Lite Warnog if they have one. Artisinal is a plus. She's been on Sol too long*

[Local] Tau@xanthestar: "Get me something, babe?" He leans over and kisses Sara's cheek, then makes a line for Sadia, arms open wide. "I've missed you guys."

[Local] Sara Desimone@kipstermick: "You got it!"

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: How are you two doing?

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: *hugs Tau* You guys just like...disappeared couple of months ago.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: Nimitz told me you're now at Mars?

Tau@xanthestar grabs her up in a bearhug and kisses the Orion's cheek, pressing his forehead against hers a moment later. "Really good. Sorry about that, we just kind of vanished."

[Local] Sara Desimone@kipstermick: *Cracks two open (because can can technology really improve that much in the next couple hundred years?) and walks one over to Tau* "Parental leave!"

Tau@xanthestar lets her go a moment later, maybe not wanting to come off as too improper in front of her troops. Though let's be real, that is. "Mhm."

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: Ah yes, I did hear the good news! Congratulations!

Egzo@HF_Mudd looks the blonde female hewmon over, then asks the darker, more familiar one, "Whozis?"

Tau@xanthestar nabs the drink from Sara, stepping to the side. He waves his free hand at Egzo in greeting with a grin. "Thanks, Sadia. It's been absolutely wild."

Istar@anncarise looks to Egzo, "Good question..."

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: Also, did you meet this smashing orion duo over there?

[Local] Sara Desimone@kipstermick: *Goes in for a hug after her husband quits hanging all over her* "It's great to see you again, Captain. Stunning as ever."

[Local] Tau@xanthestar: "Actually, I don't think we have. " Tau really was quite cuddly.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: And you two are holding up quite well! I'm glad you stopped by, I guess always camping at the same spot makes me hard to miss, eh?

Lorri@crystyll gives a lazy wave to the Humans, "Friends of the Captain I take it?"

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: Indeed, these two were part of the Starfleet task force in the Zenas Expanse,

Tau@xanthestar raises a hand toward the women. "Tau Thiessen. I served with Captain Cynis for a while, we're very close friends. This is my wife, Captain Desimone."

Tau@xanthestar motions toward Sara before taking a big drink of the war nog and moving toward an open spot in the sand.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: *she indeed returns the hug*

Tau@xanthestar sits in a Lounge chair.

Tau@xanthestar flops back in the sand.

Warhunter Ku'jho@Domarg lands softly on the beach and powers down the board.

[Local] Istar@anncarise: "Starfleet task force...I've heard about that, but I think that was back before OSN even had a presence there, right?"

Lorri@crystyll picks up on Sadia's line, "...'were'?" she watches the man sit, "Sounds like a story to be heard"

[Local] Sara Desimone@kipstermick: *Steps back and nods* "Well, you do cast an impressive shadow." *wanders back to plunk down next to Tau, smiling brightly to the group at large*

Sara Desimone@kipstermick sits in a Lounge chair.

Warhunter Ku'jho@Domarg sits in a Lounge chair.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: *nods to Ku'jho* And this gentleman there is our newest addition!

Tau@xanthestar looks back and blinks widely, maybe a little startled at the sudden huge lizard

[Local] Warhunter Ku'jho@Domarg: /em looks around at some new comers.

[Local] Tau@xanthestar: "Hi there! And yes," he responds to Istar with a nod, "I believe so."

Istar@anncarise chuckles, "An' he casts the most impressive shadow."

[Emotes] Warhunter Ku'jho@Domarg: Hello!

Warhunter Ku'jho@Domarg greets everyone around.

Tau@xanthestar grins into his Warnog. "Impressive."

Warhunter Ku'jho@Domarg reaches into the pocket and pulls out his [Baseball] and tosses it up and down.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: I will let my allies introduce themselves *ahems and sips her drink*

[Local] Sara Desimone@kipstermick: *Raises a hand to wave at Ku'hjo* "Hello. I'm Sara and the man to my left is Tau."

[Local] Warhunter Ku'jho@Domarg: Good to meet you both. I am Ku'jho.

[Local] Sara Desimone@kipstermick: "Pleasure to meet you, Ku'jho! We're old friends of Captain Cynis."

[Local] Istar@anncarise: "I'm Istar. OSN Ghost."

[Local] Warhunter Ku'jho@Domarg: Humansss? or another humanoid ssspeciesss?

Tau@xanthestar laughs. "We're both human."

Tau@xanthestar winks at Istar and raises his drink as she introduces herself.

[Local] Sara Desimone@kipstermick: "But neither of us are vegetarian, so we wouldn't be particularly tasty. Mr. Gorn. Sir." *her grin is playful*

Egzo@HF_Mudd narrowly avoids a spit-take at that, as he was just about to take another drink from his bottle.

Warhunter Ku'jho@Domarg nods with a bit of joking grin.."Well that ruined my dinner plansss."

Tau@xanthestar laughs hard.

Istar@anncarise laughs, "Sure there's plenty of vegetarian species on a planet as busy as this."

[Local] Sara Desimone@kipstermick: "Hmm.." *she taps her chin and looks thoughtfully up* "Vulcans would be a safe bet I guess."

Warhunter Ku'jho@Domarg nods agreeingly.."They do tassste quite meaty..."

Tau@xanthestar takes a LONG drink.

[Local] Sara Desimone@kipstermick: *has a small sip, still looking pensive* "Would they classify as brain food?"

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: So, how the new workplace treating you? *to Tau*

[Local] Warhunter Ku'jho@Domarg: Sssentientsss are not a true menu item, with exception of sssurvival.

Tau@xanthestar chuckles. "Oh, uh, good. Roo keeps us on our toes a lot, so I haven't really been back to work. I have an offer from Utopia Planetia, so I'm looking at making something like that work right now...

Tau@xanthestar seems happy to be distracted from the idea of a Gorn eating people.

[Local] Tau@xanthestar: "Roo's what I call Ronnie, sorry. He's our kid." Tau squeezes Sara's knee

[Local] Sara Desimone@kipstermick: *Laughs, digging her toes into the sand* "Naturally. So what rank do you hold, Mr. Ku'jho?"

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: I will have to pay you a visit and see the kid.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: Utopia Planitia, eh? Sounds comfy.

[Local] Warhunter Ku'jho@Domarg: <looks to Sara> I currently have rank of Captain of the Martok tactical battlecruiser, G'Quan.

Egzo@HF_Mudd drinks quietly, watching and listening.

[Local] Tau@xanthestar: "I'd love that." He beams. "Um, yeah. This whole Command thing was a uh ..." he trails off, looking thoughtful. "..I only took it up because of the Klingon War. I'd be really happy to get back to working on ships."

[Local] Sara Desimone@kipstermick: "Ah! Those are new, aren't they?"

Lorri@crystyll sits in a Lounge chair.

[Local] Warhunter Ku'jho@Domarg: <nods to Sara> Yesss. A good sssturdy vesssel.

Lorri@crystyll lays back closing her eyes, content to bake and listen

[Local] Sara Desimone@kipstermick: "Have you seen much action?"

[Local] Tau@xanthestar: "What have your people here been up to? Now that you have an OSN alliance, are the breen still giving you issues...?"

[Local] Warhunter Ku'jho@Domarg: <looks to Sara and nods> Yesss. And yourssself?

[Local] Sara Desimone@kipstermick: "Prior to our leave? A great deal. But most of the action I've seen the past few months are late nights and diapers galore."

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: Breen are always an issue. *takes a sip* I doubt they'll ever stop being one, unless they suddently surrender or decide to join you guys.

Istar@anncarise chuckles, "I don't think that's a type of action we see much."

[Local] Warhunter Ku'jho@Domarg: <looks at Sara questioningly> I am not familiar the race of diapersss. Are they powerful a worthy foe?

[Local] Tau@xanthestar: "Yeah, I suppose. And that's never going to happen, they're inherently so darn -cranky-. Have things been quiet then?"

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: Aside from that, True Way is pretty much out of the picture. It's been a damn time, that. But of course, locals have started showing up, so I doubt things will stay calm for long.

[Local] Sara Desimone@kipstermick: *grins* "More of a helpful tool. We just had our first child, and they're what they poop in."

[Local] Tau@xanthestar: "Oh, well I suppose it's good you guys have some time to actually relax here."

[Local] Tau@xanthestar: "Last year you were in and out. You needed a big vacation."

Tau@xanthestar motions generally to the group

[Local] Warhunter Ku'jho@Domarg: <nods> Congratulationsss on your firssst. Yoursss isss a worthy choice.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: *to Ku'jho* Mammalian kids tend to be quite...maintenance heavy in the first few years or so.

[Local] Sara Desimone@kipstermick: "Oh yeah. But since he's the greatest sentient of all time, it's worth it."

[Local] Istar@anncarise: "Gorn lay eggs, right?"

Warhunter Ku'jho@Domarg nods understandingly to Sadia, then looks back to Sara.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: *chuckles* We'll be having a new James T. Kirk running around soon, eh?

[Local] Sara Desimone@kipstermick: "Yeah, sorry in advance." *laughs!*

[Local] Warhunter Ku'jho@Domarg: <looks to Istar> Yesss, our femalesss will lay an egg about once every sssix yearsss.

[Local] Warhunter Ku'jho@Domarg: Kirk?! <his head adjusts upright a bit more> Yoursss is the Kirk??

Tau@xanthestar laughs, almost spitting out his drink

[Local] Sara Desimone@kipstermick: *shakes her head, waving a hand* "Nonono. But I expect his name to eventually be as famous."

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: Or infamous...depending where you look from *grins, and sips her drink*

Warhunter Ku'jho@Domarg relaxes again, disappointingly.."Ah <brings his drink up in a salute>..Then thisss one isss to you and your eventual infamy of your offssspring!"

[Local] Sara Desimone@kipstermick: "Yeah well...." *rubs the back of her neck, possibly blushing a little* "If he contributed to the greatness of your mighty Empire today by being a worthy adversary in the past, that's good too, right?"

[Local] Sara Desimone@kipstermick: *raises her drink in agreement with Ku'jho, then drinks deeply*

Tau@xanthestar scoots up and slides his arm around Sara's waist, pulling her slightly more to his side and kissing her temple.

Warhunter Ku'jho@Domarg then takes a drink with her.

[Local] Sara Desimone@kipstermick: *smiles happily and snuggles against Tau's side*

[Local] Warhunter Ku'jho@Domarg: The ssstory of the Kirk is one of honor and to have sssuch a mighty warrior isss worthy!

Egzo@HF_Mudd chuckles.

[Local] Sara Desimone@kipstermick: "I can tell we'll get along well, Ku'jho! So, have you got any hatchlings back home? Or large ones?"

[Local] Warhunter Ku'jho@Domarg: <takes a drink> No, I have not asss yet been blesssed with one. My focusss hasss been to ssservice for the military.

Tau@xanthestar has his eyes closed, relaxing and listening, for now.

[Local] Warhunter Ku'jho@Domarg: Though for now I am content. I would like to have one, when I have time to ssspend with them.

[Local] Sara Desimone@kipstermick: "Yeah...we had that outlook for a long time as well." *she takes Tau's hand and raises it up to kiss his knuckles*

Tau@xanthestar nods, his eyes still closed.

[Local] Sara Desimone@kipstermick: "We're actually getting used to the idea of Ronald being so far from us."

Tau@xanthestar glances at Sara with a chuckle.

[Local] Tau@xanthestar: "Trying to, anyway."

[Local] Istar@anncarise: "He's not here with you?"

[Local] Sara Desimone@kipstermick: *shakes her head* "Nono, he's back on Mars with his grandma."

[Local] Tau@xanthestar: "All of my family is on Earth, and Sara's mother is on Mars, so we're seeing how we can handle some time away."

[Local] Tau@xanthestar: "It's very weird."

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: Hmmm, I guess I'm still delaying on that front as well...will have to get to it eventually.

[Local] Sara Desimone@kipstermick: "I think you'd be good at it!"

[Local] Warhunter Ku'jho@Domarg: Ssso we can agree on that, though you did go ahead an have one. Did you feel that if you did not have one you might not be able to, due to ssservice?

Egzo@HF_Mudd looks sideways at Sadia.

Tau@xanthestar nods at Sadia with a quiet smile at what Sara says

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: Aaaah, I'd probably just pamper them too much for their own good.

[Local] Sara Desimone@kipstermick: *Nods toward the Gorn* "That's more or less it. For a time I thought we'd be alright raising him aboard a starship, but...our outlook on that changed when DS13 was destroyed. Really drove home that no

[Local] Sara Desimone@kipstermick: place is entirely safe out on the frontier."

Istar@anncarise chuckles, "That's why they call it a frontier."

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: And you, Egzo? Does a kid even factor in your pirate's life, eh?

[Local] Istar@anncarise: "Well, I guess someplace might be safe if it's 'your' frontier, but somebody else's got it covered. Assuming that somebody else doesn't wanna shoot you."

Egzo@HF_Mudd shakes his head. "Not for me, no."

[Local] Warhunter Ku'jho@Domarg: DSSS thirteen? Don't think I have or it ssseemsss won't have the chance to get there..

[Local] Sara Desimone@kipstermick: *nods at Istar* "Yeah. If I want to captain a starship I can't have that in the back of my mind all the time. Once I looked at him for the first time, I knew that absolutely."

[Local] Tau@xanthestar: "That's Task Force Argo's home station." He says sidelong to the lizard. "I was the commander for a time and it experienced a huge loss a while back. It's rebuilt now, but."

[Local] Tau@xanthestar: "Changed how we think about things."

[Local] Warhunter Ku'jho@Domarg: Wasss it KDF or sssomething elssse?

Tau@xanthestar chuckles. "No, definitely not Klingons."

Warhunter Ku'jho@Domarg nods..."I sssussspected that, due to fact you were talking to usss. But didn't want to asssume."

[Local] Sara Desimone@kipstermick: "Federation." *her smile goes a little strained* "Some aliens blew it up in a crossfire with some other aliens and we weren't given the proper clearance to mount defense. To Hell with that ever

[Local] Sara Desimone@kipstermick: happening again. For the rest of my life I'll keep my own counsel when it comes to tactical matters."

[Local] Warhunter Ku'jho@Domarg: Very well sssaid.

Tau@xanthestar seems hesitant to talk too much about it, taking another sip of his drink. "Yeah."

[Local] Istar@anncarise: "I've heard a lotta things about Starfleet and their bureaucracy."

[Local] Sara Desimone@kipstermick: *scoffs loudly and SHARPLY*

[Local] Sara Desimone@kipstermick: "The worst you heard is true."

Egzo@HF_Mudd snorts.

[Local] Warhunter Ku'jho@Domarg: Though I would not underessstimate them. They have produced mighty warriorsss.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: I was there, remember? I had no authority to intercept those UFOs. Barely got out alive.

Tau@xanthestar opens his eyes, nudging Sara aside. "I'm going to go find a restroom, I'll be back."

[Local] Sara Desimone@kipstermick: *she nods, a curl touching her lip* "I was rebuked from one admiral about ordering my task force to intercept under my own authority, than another said I was right directly before she took action to ruin–"

Warhunter Ku'jho@Domarg looks to Tau and points at the trees.

[Local] Sara Desimone@kipstermick: *cuts herself off at the nudge, almost like she was snapped out of an epic rant* "Ah, right."

Tau@xanthestar gets to his feet after polishing off his drink, then heads off. "Thanks, big fella, but I'm going to go use a real restroom." He chuckles.

[Local] Tau@xanthestar: "Be back."

[Local] Istar@anncarise: "Now I've only heard spacer tales and rumours, but by the sound of it, most of their legends and mighty warriors tend to ignore quite a few of their rules."

[Local] Lorri@crystyll: "That is nothing unique to Starfleet. Remember my predecessor"

[Local] Warhunter Ku'jho@Domarg: Asss have the klingonsss and their housssesss.

[Local] Sara Desimone@kipstermick: "When I was younger I looked down on men like Kirk even while I idolized them." *she agrees with a nod* "You know, I'd write it off as 'a different time'."

[Local] Sara Desimone@kipstermick: Now I see that there's a reason that the best captains have as many reprimands as decorations.

Istar@anncarise nods to Lorri, "That's very true."

Warhunter Ku'jho@Domarg nods agreeingly.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: Sometimes you just have to call the shots that won't be liked by many.

[Local] Sara Desimone@kipstermick: "Hostiles will do well to stay far afield of Axiom."

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: Ah, you still flying that big carrier thingy?

[Local] Sara Desimone@kipstermick: "Yep. I hope V'lol won't mind too badly when I come to take her back." *laughs*

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: I saw some of the Argo folks here. Spoke with Nimitz on an occasion.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: He's back to captain rank, it seems.

[Local] Sara Desimone@kipstermick: "I hope to run into some of them. Though if I can avoid conversation with Nimitz I'll count it as a bonus. He's never been a reliable friend."

[Local] Sara Desimone@kipstermick: "Apologies if you and he are tight, but...as you -are- a reliable friend, a warning seemed called for."

Tau@xanthestar returns, humming a song under his breath

[Local] Istar@anncarise: "I've heard that name before. I think they call him 'Scourge of the Underworld' or something."

[Local] Sara Desimone@kipstermick: "That ain't what I call 'im." *laughs*

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: I haven't been to DS13 in a while...lots of things were on my plate for first half of the year, we even had to deal with some Hirogen.

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: "A Romulan in Feddie service."

Tau@xanthestar returns to Sara with a new drink and settles down, arm arund her waist again

Istar@anncarise chuckles, "Yeah, that's the one. Pirate and slaver types are terrified of him. That or they really hate him."

[Local] Istar@anncarise: "Depends on who you ask."

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: Ku'jho did make a short work of their leader, tho.

[Local] Sara Desimone@kipstermick: *leans against Tau and helps herself to his drink*

[Local] Sara Desimone@kipstermick: "You're kidding me." *raises her brows*

[Local] Warhunter Ku'jho@Domarg: <looks to Tau> That tree look any better after you watered it? <a light chuckling hiss>

Tau@xanthestar laughs at what Ku'jho says. "...no comment.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: i think we could sell the video feed and sensor readings as a textbook example of decloak alpha strike. Fully strength Hirogen battleship dropped by a single volley.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: *full

[Local] Sara Desimone@kipstermick: *grins at the Gorn* "My congratulations!"

Istar@anncarise chuckles, "Maybe a KDF promotional video for that ship class too. It was preeetty impressive."

[Local] Warhunter Ku'jho@Domarg: My thanksss. It wasss a good day!

[Local] Istar@anncarise: "Bet there's a lotta young warriors who'd line up to serve on one after seeing that."

[Local] Tau@xanthestar: "I imagine..."

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: *strokes her chin* Yes...this could work...will have to work out the details later!

Egzo@HF_Mudd grins.

[Local] Sara Desimone@kipstermick: "Maybe you'll be called to speak in front of a class!" *she suggests toward Ku'jho*

Tau@xanthestar laughs

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: "It was a thing'a fraggin' beauty, I tell ya."

[Local] Warhunter Ku'jho@Domarg: If called upon I will attend.

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: "ALMOST as awesome as when I took down his Beta and started this whole mess."

[Local] Sara Desimone@kipstermick: "Was it a very large fleet?"

Warhunter Ku'jho@Domarg hissingly chuckles at Egzo.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: That is definitely a good idea. I was thinking about setting up a local military academy wing on the station for quite a while, but always something came about that took precedence.

[Local] Sara Desimone@kipstermick: "I think that makes exceptional sense."

[Local] Tau@xanthestar: "You absolutely should!"

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: We've beem strapped for new personnel so far away from the Qo'nos. We need to work on that.

[Local] Sara Desimone@kipstermick: "A military academy so near the frontier will promise valuable hands on experience."

Istar@anncarise looks to Egzo, "Isn't that what mercs are for?"

[Local] Sara Desimone@kipstermick: *turns toward Istar* "Surely you'd rather rely on loyal Imperial citizens than mercenaries."

[Local] Warhunter Ku'jho@Domarg: Sssome mercsss would be questionable, but othersss are more honorable, though with that more expensssive.

[Local] Istar@anncarise: "Yeah, that's why the OSN's doing more recruiting an' trying to rely less on mercs."

[Local] Sara Desimone@kipstermick: *rolls her shoulders and stands, taking a moment to dust the sand off her legs* "Anyway, thank you so much for the drinks and company! Nice to see familiar faces and meet new ones."

[Local] Sara Desimone@kipstermick: "We've got an appointment for massages."

Tau@xanthestar follows Sara up with a chuckle. "Yeah! Right. I forgot about that..."

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: No problem! It was really good to see you! Stop by anytime!

[Local] Tau@xanthestar: "Sadia, Egzo, really nice to see you again." He grins, then looks between the newer folks. "A pleasure meeting you. I'm sure we'll see you around."

[Local] Warhunter Ku'jho@Domarg: Good to meet you both.

[Local] Sara Desimone@kipstermick: "Look forward to it!"

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: *gives each one a quick hug*

[Local] Sara Desimone@kipstermick: *Aw. Hugs Sadia back!*

[Local] Lorri@crystyll: "See you around"

Tau@xanthestar returns the hug with a kiss to the cheek.

[Local] Tau@xanthestar: "See ya!"

[Local] Istar@anncarise: "See ya!"

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: I will have to come to your place to see the kid, bring some presents.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: Laters!

[Local] Tau@xanthestar: "We'd love that!"

[Local] Sara Desimone@kipstermick: "You do!"

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: *she looks the go for a while, and then sighs* I need another drink.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: *grabs another bottle, leaving the first one on the tray*

[Local] Warhunter Ku'jho@Domarg: A good talk with thossse two.

Lorri@crystyll watching from the corner of her eye, "Not your typical Starfleet, are they"

[Local] Warhunter Ku'jho@Domarg: Agreed. A little more...open, maybe isss the word.

Istar@anncarise nods, "More relaxed, less strict."

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: *opens the bottle* I am glad they dropped by. Nice to them happy for a change *takes a deep, deep swig*

[Local] Lorri@crystyll: "I was going to go with less naive, but sure that fits too"

[Local] Istar@anncarise: "Naive! That's a good word too."

Egzo@HF_Mudd chuckles again, and has another drink.

[Local] Warhunter Ku'jho@Domarg: Asss parentsss, they now have to be more than they were when a sssingle being, for the future of their offssspring.

[Local] Istar@anncarise: "Definitely less naive than a lot of the Starfleet types I've run into."

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: Well, they finally found their sweet spot in life. Many could search for such for lifetimes.

[Local] Lorri@crystyll: "Indeed"

Istar@anncarise looks to Ku'jho, "You could say the same 'bout finding a cause to join."

[Local] Warhunter Ku'jho@Domarg: Quite ssso.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: *sadia's comm beep* What...*takes it out* ...Risa security? *activates it* Cynis here....

Egzo@HF_Mudd eyes Sadia curiously, trying to overhear.

Warhunter Ku'jho@Domarg listens up at mention of security.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: <C-Sec> Captain Sadia Cynis. Is one Commander Ziznu under your command?

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: *mutters* Yes, what's the problem?

[Local] Istar@anncarise: "More disturbances?"

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: <C-Sec> Well, she snuck onto the presentational new risian corvette's main bridge. Once they figured there are no weapons installed, they went into some kind of frenzy and started attacking security -

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: - personnel. We've had them stunned and secured. I will need you to come over and give a statement.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: *cuts the comms for a second* That crazy b*tch did it again! I can't really *sighs and opens comms again* I'll be right there, officer. Cynis out.

[Local] Istar@anncarise: "Need me to check it out? My Operator can give ya a ride there too."

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: Well, I guess I gotta bail my insane gunnery chief from trouble AGAIN.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: *to istar* I will take you on that offer, thanks.

[Local] Warhunter Ku'jho@Domarg: Have them clean out the methane breathersss ressstroomsss for the next two weeksss, that ssshould help.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: *mutters as she follows Istar* Just grab a few snapshots, I said, but nooooooo....

Istar@anncarise taps her earpiece and her visor is beamed down into her waiting hands. She slides it on and taps again.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: See ya later folks. Enjoy the evening!

Istar@anncarise chuckles, "We'll be on our way in three."

Istar@anncarise FX | After three seconds, Istar and Sadia are beamed away...

Egzo@HF_Mudd levers himself out of his comfy lounge chair with a grunt... then, seeing no need to follow the ladies, shrugs and gets himself another drink from the barrel.

[Local] Warhunter Ku'jho@Domarg: Think I'll catch a few wavesss then get sssome food.

Warhunter Ku'jho@Domarg raises himself up and prepares his board.

[Local] Warhunter Ku'jho@Domarg: Sssee you two on the next one!

[Local] Lorri@crystyll: "Well if the party is breaking up..." stands and stretches, "I think it's about time I go show these kids how one really dances" grins, strolling off while limbering up

Egzo@HF_Mudd sits back down, basking in the sun. He pops the cap on the can, swigs it down, and lets out another contented belch. Yep, life is good.

-- SCENE END --
1 Like