5 Apr: Radio Freedom, part 2

With the Breen space forces defeated, KDF and allies meet with the leaders of D'Rexian Resistance to plan future actions...

--

When: Sunday, Apr 5, Alpha-1

Audience: Klingon and allies

Event type: Social RP

Starting point: Starship bridge

OOC point of contact: @gulremal
1 Like
Spoiler: Mission LogShow
[Local] N'Py See@gulremal: <FX> Battle with the breen squadron is over, as surviving breen raiders are in full retreat. IKS Daramer is heavily damaged, it's power barely operational, it's proved completely destroyed, and is -

[Local] N'Py See@gulremal: - currently being tractored by 2 remaining D'Rexian cruisers. Fortunate Fate, flagship of Almavian Free Traders, fires it's main cannon barrage at retreating enemies, mostly for effect.

[Local] N'Py See@gulremal: <FX> Bright flash and massive stream of data floods the comm channels. Power of the massive snowflake-looking array spikes to insane levels. Flash dies of quickly, but stream of data clogs the comms -

[Local] N'Py See@gulremal: - for couple of minutes, and then it stops too. Power of the snowflake array keeps on high levels, and ops officers across all vessels report energy signatures of wide area teleportation - a large -

[Local] N'Py See@gulremal: - amount of materiel is being moved from the planet below to...somehwere light-years away, mostly likely to other D'Rexian systems.

Egzo@HF_Mudd demands of his science Gorn, "What in all the hells are they /sending/ us?"

[Local] N'Py See@gulremal: Shlaak: *shakes head* Not usss, that signal was directed to multiple sssystems all acrosss the ssector.

[Local] N'Py See@gulremal: Kem: Can't get heads or tails from it, tho. Either it's some kind of encryption we never seen before, or some kind of alien language that UT can't recognize.

[Local] N'Py See@gulremal: Kem: Also, that big battleship is hailin' us.

[Local] B'Atar@anncarise: "They said they were going to send a signal to every D'rexian cell, didn't they? Maybe this is it."

Egzo@HF_Mudd waves a hand to his XO. "Put 'em through."

[Local] N'Py See@gulremal: <C-FF> *audio only* Captain Bolg Arem of Fortunate Fate here. Thanks for the help! We are deploying engineering teams for damage control, do you need any assistance?

[Local] B'Atar@anncarise: "Daramar looks pretty beat up, but the rest of us are fine."

[Local] N'Py See@gulremal: <C-Arem> We tried to hail them, but their comms are down. The D'Rexian are taking care of them, it seems. If it's okay with you, we'll fall back and meet up with our support. Couple of alarian ships -

[Local] N'Py See@gulremal: - were with us but they broke off to deal with an Breen raider group that tried to intercept us. They most likely have casualties and will need our help.

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: <C> Fair enough. Thanks.

[Local] N'Py See@gulremal: <C-Arem> Say hi to the Voice when they are done with...whatever they are doing now. Fortunate Fate out.

[Local] N'Py See@gulremal: <FX> Within a minute, Fortunate Fate warps out, heading towards the galactic West.

[Local] N'Py See@gulremal: Kem: Uh, good, we've got another call incoming. It's for Daramar, but their comms are down.

Egzo@HF_Mudd grumbles something about being a comm relay, but affirms, "Put it through."

[Local] N'Py See@gulremal: <FX> Video shows a humanoid with brown barkskin and elegent white uniform on the large bridge.

[Local] N'Py See@gulremal: <C-Xvisj> General-Sovereign Mentar Xvisj of the Ventraxian State here. Do you read me?

[Local] N'Py See@gulremal: <C-Xvisj> *turns to the side* Is this thing on?

[Local] B'Atar@anncarise: "We hear you. I'm not Sadia though, Daramar's comms are down because of the battle damage."

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: <C> Whadya need?

[Local] N'Py See@gulremal: <C-Xvisj> I'm at the head of 1st Defense Fleet, 3 hrs ETA at maximum warp from your location. What's the situation? Our long range sensors are showing that the fighting has stopped?

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: <C> For now, yeah. We drove off the Breen.

[Local] N'Py See@gulremal: <C-Xvisj> Good job, then. We moved as soon as we received the call for help. We had no prior relation with the D'rexians, but any enemy of the Breen will be helped if it's within our means.

[Local] N'Py See@gulremal: <C-Xvisj> I will divert part of the fleet to make sure Breen are back within their borders. I will be there in 3 hours to help secure the planet and meet with the D'rexian leadership.

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: <C> Glad t'have ya. We'll stick around 'till you get here. Don't push your engines, we got this.

[Local] N'Py See@gulremal: <C-Xvisj> If it is indeed truth that the Breen are fighting the civil war, than this is good time to push them out of our worlds, too.

[Local] N'Py See@gulremal: <C-Xvisj> But we can speak about that on a later date. Xvisj out.

[Local] N'Py See@gulremal: Shlaak: We've got weak comm from Daramar...boosssting the ssignal...

Egzo@HF_Mudd rubs his ugly mug as the call ends, then sits up at the word from Shlaak (and Daramar).

[Local] N'Py See@gulremal: <C-Sadia> *occasional static and fading* -is here. Do ... ar us? Our sen ... re down, what's the status?

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: <C> We hear ya, but yer cuttin' in and out. We're all fine. Got some help on the way, too.

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: <C> Glad t' hear ya still alive, Boss. Means we still get paid, huh?

Egzo@HF_Mudd grins crookedly.

B'Atar@anncarise chuckles at Egzo's comment.

[Local] N'Py See@gulremal: <C-Sadia> ... is good to he ... mar has suffered extensive dam ... any casualties, luckily. D'rexi ... ing us. What are you ... zo, can you repeat that?

[Local] N'Py See@gulremal: <C-Sadia> - ay, gotta keep the ship toget- ... - ave the command for no ... out. *comms break*

[Team] N'Py See@gulremal: yeah, she soo didn't hear that allright :)

[Team] B'Atar@anncarise: hehe

[Local] N'Py See@gulremal: Kem: That...comm array just stopped beaming away stuffs.

Egzo@HF_Mudd nods. "So, we got friendlies on the way... any more Breen on long-range?"

B'Atar@anncarise checks.

[Team] Egzo@HF_Mudd: That was Egzo covering for actually being concerned by playing the merc/pirate :)

[Local] B'Atar@anncarise: "There's a number of ships on sensors, mostly raiders. All headed back for Breen space."

[Local] B'Atar@anncarise: "Looks like they're on the retreat. I'd be wary if they got cloaks, but...don't think it's a trick this time."

[Local] Lorri@crystyll: "There's still two disabled raiders out there that our Interceptors and watching. What do you want to do with them?"

Egzo@HF_Mudd frowns. "Not much value in Breen pris'ners... intel or otherwise. Might just finish 'em."

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: "Whadda you think?"

[Local] B'Atar@anncarise: "Yeah. When I try to catch them, they just deactivate their suits and die. Got to give them credit though, don't think I've seen anyone other than Klingons so unwilling to get caught."

[Local] Lorri@crystyll: "What about fixing up and scavenging the ships?"

[Local] B'Atar@anncarise: "Salvage's always useful. Especially since San'leth's half made up of Breen parts anyways."

Egzo@HF_Mudd shrugs. "You wanna tractor 'em in and deal with the crews, go for it. They're the older model though, right? Not the new?"

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: "Me, I'd just blast 'em and pick through the pieces."

Lorri@crystyll shrugs, "Breen ships all look the same to me. No finesse"

[Local] Lorri@crystyll: "Well if they're of no use to you folks then, I'll have the Interceptors finish them off"

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: "Go for it."

[Local] N'Py See@gulremal: <FX> Interceptors rush in and tear the disabled raiders apart...

[Local] N'Py See@gulremal: <FX> Couple of seconds later, a hologram of the Voice appears on the bridge.

[Local] N'Py See@gulremal: <Voice> Hello, warriors of the Empire! I apologize for not contacting you earlier, me and Prophet were quite busy.

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: <C> Yeah, we saw. Nice light show. Real impressive.

[Local] N'Py See@gulremal: <Voice> Thanks for the help. We were successful in reaching our resistance groups and arming the prisoners in labor camps. Without space support, Breen garrisons will not last long.

[Local] N'Py See@gulremal: <Voice> We are still coordinating the efforts, but it would be impolite not to thank you for the help.

[Local] B'Atar@anncarise: <C> Just keep your guard up. Once this civil war's done with, they might turn their attention back here again. And as fun as these fights were, I don't think either of us wants them moving back in."

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: <C> Got THAT right.

[Local] N'Py See@gulremal: <Voice> Our remaining ships will help make your command vessel operational. With the supplies you are bringing in, and with reclaiming our own worlds, we will start rebuilding our forces. I was also -

[Local] N'Py See@gulremal: - contact by Ventraxians, it seems their leader wants to negotiate an alliance against the Hated Enemy.

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: <C> Yeah. Me, I think ya should.

[Local] N'Py See@gulremal: <Voice> But worry not! As soon as our worlds are freed and we stabilize the situation, me and Prophet will come to see you in person, and deliver proper thanks.

[Local] N'Py See@gulremal: <Voice> It might be troublesome to change form again so quickly, but we will make the effort. But for now, Prophet sends this...

[Local] N'Py See@gulremal: <FX> Man-sized stack of gleaming, black ingots materializes on the bridge. Floor creaks in protest, but does not budge.

Lorri@crystyll quirks a brow at the image

[Local] N'Py See@gulremal: <Voice> We found this at the hidden vaults in the depths of the Garden of Wisdom. I believe you can find a good use for them. Thank you all again, and we will meet soon.

[Local] N'Py See@gulremal: *holo flickers and vanishes*

[Local] N'Py See@gulremal: *Shlaak carefully moves over with a tricorder*

Egzo@HF_Mudd looks over. "Whatcha got?"

[Local] N'Py See@gulremal: Shlaak: Either thisss tricorder iss malfunctioning, or thisss iss 20 tonss or 99,5% pure neutronium.

Egzo@HF_Mudd looks at Shlaak, then at the ingots, then back at his officer. "Yer kiddin'."

Egzo@HF_Mudd looks at the ingots again.

[Local] N'Py See@gulremal: Shlaak: *scans over again* my apologiesss...it's 99,6% pure neutronium.

[Local] Lorri@crystyll: "Shiny"

[Local] B'Atar@anncarise: "Definitely gonna be useful..."

Egzo@HF_Mudd quietly and just as fervently repeats the same curse as when he saw Daramar's nose get blown off.

[Local] Lorri@crystyll: "That's an understatement..." she does some quick calculations on her armrest, "20 Tons would nab you enough latinum to buy your own pleasure moon. Or two..."

Egzo@HF_Mudd orders, "Put it... find space in one 'a the holds for it. Spread it out a little so it don't go through the deck."

Egzo@HF_Mudd rubs his face again.

[Local] N'Py See@gulremal: Shlaak: Thisss iss....a yearly production of neutronium by the Empire - and even then it isss diluted into an alloy as it can't be molded into large armor sssheeetss when so pure.

Egzo@HF_Mudd still seems a bit stunned as he comments, "Least we don't gotta post a guard. Ain't like anyone's gonna walk off with it."

[Local] N'Py See@gulremal: Shlaak nods and goes back to his console, after a minute or two the stack is beamed over...with some difficulty, to the storage.

Egzo@HF_Mudd starts to chuckle, then throws his head back and laughs.

[Local] B'Atar@anncarise: "I'd suggest making the Daramar into a real battering ram with this...but I think the only facility that can handle neutronium this grade is on Qo'nos..."

Egzo@HF_Mudd collects himself, finally, and explains to his officers and those listening in by holo: "I used t' DREAM of a score like this. And now I get it dumped in my lap. NOW, when I'm already..."

Egzo@HF_Mudd shakes his head.

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: "Somewhere somebody's laughin' at me, I know it."

Lorri@crystyll smirks a little

B'Atar@anncarise grins as well.

Egzo@HF_Mudd tells Kem, "Post a guard anyway. Two. Don't want nobody doin' anything stupid."

[Local] N'Py See@gulremal: -- SCENE END --
2 Likes