6 Oct: Voyage home, part 3

KDF and allies defeat the hijackers, but new force emerges...are they friend or foe?

--

When: Sunday, Oct 6, Alpha-1

Audience: Klingon and allies

Event type: Bridge RP

Starting point: Starship bridge

OOC point of contact: @gulremal

//OOC: The family shenanigans IRL, so I have to skip this weekend. I thought I could push the event a bit later, but schedule has changed so it's a no go. See ya next weekend!
Spoiler: Mission logShow
[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: <FX> Last time, the Team successfully dealt with the hijackers' drone defenses. Widrab commander regained control of the cargo hauler and destroyed the station in the orbit of the gas giant.

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: <FX> As this took place, a squadron of five nausicaan ships - 4 Vandal destroyers led by a Guramba heavy siege destroyer - entered the system and headed towards the now destroyed station.

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: <FX> Nausicaan vessels now face off the Team, spread in a loose formation. Egzo's screen shows the lead ship, which is for some reason completely painted in red...

[Team] Plott DeVice@gulremal: also, I think it's time we give this team a name or something :)

Egzo@HF_Mudd mutters, "Some cutter thinks he's hot..."

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: Kem: They are staying outta weapons range and they are scanning the area.

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: "Hail 'em."

[Team] B'Atar@anncarise: Rogue Squadron! Oh wait...

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: Shlaak: We are bei- oh well, comm channelsss open.

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: <C> This's Captain Egzo of the I.K.S. Hag'lhr. The hells are YOU doing here?"

[Local] Redwunz Doffasta@gulremal: <FX> Figure of a massive nausicaan, even bigger than Egzo, appears on screen, sitting in a spiky chair, and leaning forwards

[Local] Redwunz Doffasta@gulremal: <N> Oi! Dat was my line, cutta! Whut are YOU doin here!?

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: <C> Some /friends/ 'a ours got shipjacked. That was someone's big mistake. Their last, too.

[Local] Redwunz Doffasta@gulremal: <N> *frowns, if nausicaans are capable of such* I dunno whut you're talkin about. I'm here ta pick up sum' techs from da station dat was suppos'd t'be here. Know anythin' bout dat?

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: <C> Well, either they was /on/ the station, which case they's probably /dead/... or...

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: <C> You was promised our friends as cargo. And... that ain't happenin'.

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: <C> Either way, nobody here for ya, so... you just run along, cutta.

[Local] Redwunz Doffasta@gulremal: <N> Da'fak? You croak'd the station? Whut for?

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: <C> Like I said, they shipjacked our friends. We didn't like that.

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: <C> Came to help.

[Local] Redwunz Doffasta@gulremal: <N> Waitaminute, will'ya? *cuts the comms*

Egzo@HF_Mudd turns to the holoimages of the others. "So, we got two chances here, and it's a straight spin 'a da wheel."

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: "Either they leave peaceful like, or they try t' frag us."

[Local] Redwunz Doffasta@gulremal: Shlaak: The command vesssel is essstablishing a long-distance comm-link.

[Local] Lorri@crystyll: "Peaceful like is not something I'd associate with these good folks, at a glance"

[Local] B'Atar@anncarise: "And it's no fun!"

Egzo@HF_Mudd grins toothily at B'Atar.

Warhunter Ku'jho@Domarg smirks wolfish at B'atar statement.

[Local] Redwunz Doffasta@gulremal: Shlaak: Can't get detailsss, they are running an encryption, but it'sss sssomewhere in Union ssspace.

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: "Yeah... but also no profit."

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: "Depends on whether they want that, or a fight, more."

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: "We already done messed up their plan, or the plan 'a those they was meetin'."

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: "They'll be callin' home for orders now."

[Local] Warhunter Ku'jho@Domarg: Fight would prove cossstly.

[Local] Warhunter Ku'jho@Domarg: ..for them.

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: "Partner, boss, who knows."

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: "Just sayin', this could go bright and loud real fast. Or not! So stand ready."

[Local] Redwunz Doffasta@gulremal: Kem: Can we break that encryption?

[Local] Redwunz Doffasta@gulremal: Kem: I mean, would eb good to have some heads up...and if they catch us *shurgs* we get to fight, eh?

Egzo@HF_Mudd nods. "Lorri? Can your girls make anything outta that?"

Egzo@HF_Mudd looks also to B'Atar, who's got a real brainy science officer.

B'Atar@anncarise gets her science officer to try as well!

Lorri@crystyll gives a nod to someone on her bridge, "Working on it now"

[Emotes] B'Atar@anncarise: rolls 89 (1-100)

[Team] B'Atar@anncarise: Wow

[Team] B'Atar@anncarise: B'Atar and her science rolls

[Team] Redwunz Doffasta@gulremal: lorri, you can also roll

[Emotes] Lorri@crystyll: rolls 15 (1-100)

[Team] B'Atar@anncarise: Yeah...B'atar's science person is OP

[Team] Egzo@HF_Mudd: She's just got that one, but BOY are they purple.

[Local] Lorri@crystyll: "Looks like they're talking to Cardassia Prime"

[Local] Redwunz Doffasta@gulremal: <FX> B'atar's science person does their thing, and soon you all get to hear the convo...

[Team] B'Atar@anncarise: B'Atar's science person is gonna turn out to be like an undercover Klingon Intelligence agent or something...

[Local] Redwunz Doffasta@gulremal: <Unknown> Norab, are you sur-

[Local] Redwunz Doffasta@gulremal: <Norab> Dat's CAPT'N Norab the Red t' you, you slimy backstabba! You sicc'd me on the effin' key-de-eff task force!

[Local] Redwunz Doffasta@gulremal: <Unknown> *composed melodic female voice* Captain Norab, that was definitely not our intention. It seems that the unexpected complication -

[Local] Redwunz Doffasta@gulremal: <Norab> Dere was no station! No damn techs! Jus' some arm'd to tha teef cutters itchin' fer a fight!

Egzo@HF_Mudd makes a quick gesture to Shlaak as Norab names himself, calling for a records search.

[Local] Redwunz Doffasta@gulremal: <Unknown> They must have taken our technicians. Klingons are known to raid what they percieve as a weak target. You are not afraid of the fight, are you?

Lorri@crystyll grumbles, "Oh boy..."

[Local] Redwunz Doffasta@gulremal: <FX> As they speak, aside from a ship image on the main screen, a datafile appears, taken from Ferenginar Mercenary Guild. "Norab the Red" is a regular member for more then 13 years straight with a-

[Local] Redwunz Doffasta@gulremal: - solid track record. He originated from powerful nausicaan Tagarm clan, fought in Klingon-Gorn war and went solo once Tagarm signed a deal with the Empire. Joined the Ferenginar Merc Guild soon after.

[Local] Redwunz Doffasta@gulremal: <Norab> *sounds of something being crunched* Ya tink imma idjit, eh?

[Local] Redwunz Doffasta@gulremal: <Unknown> No, I would never-

[Local] Redwunz Doffasta@gulremal: <Norab> Lemme get this straight. Imma not gonna fight dese cuttas. And I'm not handin' back the pre-payment. Yer messed up, and imma not gonna clear up yer garbage.

[Local] Redwunz Doffasta@gulremal: <Unknown> This is a clear violation of the contrac-

[Local] Redwunz Doffasta@gulremal: <Norab> Well, I'm amendin' da friggin contract! And better hope I dun amend it furtha'! *slam* Gront, clear dis thievin' orion from my comms and call back that cutta!

[Local] B'Atar@anncarise: "That's all we have. Looks like they ended the call."

[Local] Redwunz Doffasta@gulremal: Shlaak: They are hailing usss.

Egzo@HF_Mudd sits up straighter and puts on his most 'pleasant' face.

Lorri@crystyll perks a brow at the mention of Orion and has her ex-Scryer guy start checking for a voice match

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: "Put 'em through. ... So what's it gonna be, cutter?"

[Local] B'Atar@anncarise: "Orion...is it going to be Maral again?"

[Local] Redwunz Doffasta@gulremal: <Norab> Nuthin'! Anotha idjit customa', thinkin' us nausicaans are dum. *shrugs* Dis is why I always take tha half of payment in advance.

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: *nods* <C> Got THAT right. So, how's about we both just turn around, go home?

[Local] Redwunz Doffasta@gulremal: <Norab> I'm home. But dere was a nice tradin' station on tha way here, jus' waitin for the "off da bookz" inspection...well, twas nice chattin' widya.

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: <C> Eyes open an' blades sharp. *waves*

[Local] Redwunz Doffasta@gulremal: <Norab> Loot'n'plunda! *cuts comms*

[Local] Redwunz Doffasta@gulremal: <FX> Seconds later, nausicaan ships turn around and head back from where they arrived...

[Team] Redwunz Doffasta@gulremal: lorri, gimmea diplo roll

[Emotes] Lorri@crystyll: rolls 76 (1-100)

[Local] B'Atar@anncarise: "Well...they were smart, at least."

Egzo@HF_Mudd nods. "He's right, lotta people think we's dumb, but we ain't."

Warhunter Ku'jho@Domarg nods in agreeance with Egzo.

Egzo@HF_Mudd eases off on the accent just a little. "Wadjya find?"

[Local] Lorri@crystyll: "A possible ID on Red's client; one Sivnu Hartali, a known doppelganger for Maral and field agent in the Alpha quadrant"

[Local] B'Atar@anncarise: "Great, there's more of her now."

[Local] Lorri@crystyll: "Her rep isn't exactly one for the gentler assignments. And if she's on Cardassia Prime, odds are she's at Maral's local business HQ there"

[Local] Warhunter Ku'jho@Domarg: Maral?

[Local] Warhunter Ku'jho@Domarg: Not familiar.

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: "Bitch."

Egzo@HF_Mudd says it offhand and deadpan.

Warhunter Ku'jho@Domarg chuckles slightly with understanding.

[Local] Lorri@crystyll: "Pretty much sums her up, yeah. Syndicate Bitch at that"

[Local] Warhunter Ku'jho@Domarg: thanksss for the enlightment.

[Local] Lorri@crystyll: "This double is the one who is an ex-merc though. Noticably stronger build than Maral herself, and not to be trifled with"

[Local] B'Atar@anncarise: "Is she actually working for Maral? Or just another Orion trying to take her name and the fame that comes with it?"

[Local] Lorri@crystyll: "We also got a hit from a Cardassian news feed. Seems some big deal went down between Lamar Industries and a local construction contractor; Dal Construction"

[Local] Lorri@crystyll: "Hard to say B'Atar, our last reports on her activity are outdated but showed at the time that she was building a merc army"

[Local] Warhunter Ku'jho@Domarg: And what of the deal on Cardasssia. How doesss that relate?

[Local] Lorri@crystyll: "Hmm..." reads further, "Aah, maybe. Yes..."

[Local] Lorri@crystyll: "The deal was to supply to construction droids to speed up works across the Union. The article notes that it will lead to heavy job losses, but Lamar has posted even more openings. Mostly in robotics+

[Local] Lorri@crystyll: + and fabrication. Many of which remain unfilled. Red was here for our tech friends, right?"

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: *was in the call the whole time, but silently playing with his drone* Erm, what?

[Local] Warhunter Ku'jho@Domarg: Sssupplied from the Nel'Tok colony?

[Local] Warhunter Ku'jho@Domarg: or sssupplied from the Mal'laan colony for the robotics.

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: Wait, they did all of this to get to us?!

[Local] Warhunter Ku'jho@Domarg: Ssseemsss to be an indication of that.

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: I mean, High Intellect did say we got some job inquiries, but none were from the Empire so it was a no go.

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: Even if they were, they asked for, like, over a thousand highly trained experts. No way we could provide that, with all the work that has to be done.

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: "Well, now that ya got control back, you wanna continue the mission, or turn around and come back with a ship that ain't got no surprises in it?"

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: Nah, we are combing the ship from prow to aft, we should be clear from any surprises now.

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: *scratches head* I will have to report to the Council, they might have some choice words to the company who leased the ship to us, though.

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: Anyhow, do you guys need some help with the repairs?

Egzo@HF_Mudd looks around his bridge, then shakes his head. <C> We got it taken care of. Once you got everythin' done over there, we can keep goin' to your planet.

B'Atar@anncarise nods, "San'leth's fine here. We'll see you to your planet."

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: Derem: Great! I'm looking forward to see Nel'tok II again. I was just a kid when we evacuated...I wondered what happened to it...

Egzo@HF_Mudd doesn't point out it won't be like how Derem remembers, out of respect for a fellow engineer (who rescued himself, at that).

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: But we are ready to go! Hopefully no more nasty stuff happens...

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: --SCENE END--
1 Like