7 Jul: The Armory, part 3

KDF and allies have found the Armory, and it's contents are about to be revealed...

--

When: Sunday, Jul 7, Alpha+0

Audience: Klingon and allies

Event type: Bridge RP

Starting point: Starship bridge

OOC point of contact: @gulremal
1 Like
Spoiler: Mission LogShow
[Local] Sadia@gulremal: <FX> Last time, KDF and allies successfully destroyed the defenses around the main Armory facility. Facility itself held no survivors, all cardassian personnel perished as their stasis pods were shut-

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: - down. Inside the central docking area, over two dozen destroyer sized vessels, designated ATR-4110, are docked and fully shut down...

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: <C-Bara> ...this is very very bad.

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: <C> What's the file say?

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: <C-Bara> Well, ATR-4107 was an pre-dominion war cardie superweapon project - a long range antimatter missile run by adaptable VI, with enough power to take out a small moon.

[Local] T'Vek of Vulcan@anncarise: <C> I have heard of concepts for such weapons, but never actually seen one fully constructed.

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: <C> Me either. Did they ever actually build it?

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: * They ever build it for real?

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: <C-Bara> They did, but it seems that the test prototype malfuncioned and was subsequently lost. Project was deemed a failure and further reserch was scrapped as it was considered too expensive.

[Local] T'Vek of Vulcan@anncarise: <C> Was this a military operation or an Obsidian Order one?

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: <C-Bara> I'd guess military, it's just too ham-fisted for intelligence uses.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: Shlaak: There are 26 vessselss insside the facility. I detect no power readingss from any of them.

[Local] T'Vek of Vulcan@anncarise: <C> Perhaps it was scrapped by the military, but resurrected in secret by the Obsidian Order when they became aware of the Dominion. Records indicate they became significantly more involved in -

[Local] T'Vek of Vulcan@anncarise: - military affairs before their dissolution."

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: <C> So, what this, then? Buncha robot ships?

Egzo@HF_Mudd is considering the possibilities...

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: <C-Bara> Buncha automated missiles...originals had at least a ton of antimatter as explosive...

Egzo@HF_Mudd blinks. "Damn."

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: <C> Well, they ain't no sun-killers, but...

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: <C> We gotta get 'em out of there, then. AND make sure none of 'em end up with anyone we don't like.

Egzo@HF_Mudd reaches up to rub his turtly brow, wishing they'd brought More People on this little side trip.

[Local] T'Vek of Vulcan@anncarise: <C> Scans indicate that the antimatter containment chambers can carry double the prototype's amount.

[Local] T'Vek of Vulcan@anncarise: <C> There are also antimatter storage containers within the base, but neither those nor the ones in the ships are currently filled.

Egzo@HF_Mudd visibly relaxes. <C> They ain't loaded?

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: <C-Bara> So, they are not loaded yet...that's some go- *sensor beeping*

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: "Shlaak?"

[Local] Lorri@crystyll: <C> Um... multiple signals decloaking at our flank, just beyond weapons range

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: Shlaak: Putting on screen.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: <FX> At the outskirts of the facility, a Keldon battleship decloaks...as it's cloak drops, two more Galor class cruisers and 4 Hideki destroyers, forming a tight formation around Keldon, also appear..

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: <C-Bara> NCR signatures...and when did they get cloaking field?

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: Shlaak: They are transmitting...

[Local] T'Vek of Vulcan@anncarise: <C> Cloaking technology is not as rare as it was a century ago.

[Local] Lorri@crystyll: <C> Tell that to my quartermaster...

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: <C-NCR> To KDF mercenary force. This is Gul Lamar of the New Cardassian Republic. You are trespassing on the sovereign cardassian territory, leave immediately or be destroyed.

[Local] Lorri@crystyll: <C> They have raised shields and are charging weapons. We may want to do the same...

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: <C> Red alert!

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: <C-Bara> Shields up, charge the main disprutors, load the torpedo tube!

T'Vek of Vulcan@anncarise | Premium raises shields as well.

Lorri@crystyll off-comm to her staff, "Battle stations! Prep both squadrons"

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: <C> This is CAPTAIN Egzo to Gul Lamar. Get bent.

Egzo@HF_Mudd gestures for the channel to be cut.

Lorri@crystyll glances to her image of holo-Egzo, "Nicely put"

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: Shlaak: Uh, one of the asteroids is moving, boss...

[Local] T'Vek of Vulcan@anncarise: <C> These vessels may be older classes, but they have been retrofitted to modern standard, significantly more dangerous than True Way vessels using the same old designs.

Egzo@HF_Mudd looks back to Shlaak with a disbelieving eyebrow, then turns front again. "Tactical."

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: <FX> A massive asteroid heads towards the facility...slowly it "shifts" into a large vessel of ferengi design...

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: <C-Fer> Hold on a minute. I'm Dai'Mon Grosna and I have a objection to this claim of ownership!

Lorri@crystyll facepalms, grumbling under her breath at the added complication

Egzo@HF_Mudd mutters, below the range of comms pickup: "So it's gonna be one of /those/ days."

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: <FX> Massive form of a Merchantman class vessel moves into "triangle" position between KDF and NCR forces.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: <C-Lamar> A ferengi?! You have no business being here!

[Local] T'Vek of Vulcan@anncarise: <C> Is there anything of value in this facility other than the missile-ships?

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: <C-Grosna> I have ALL the business of being here! I have an official right of salvage from the Cardassian Union ministry of trade!

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: <C-Bara> The computer core looks intsct.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: <C-Grosna> Your New Cardassian Republic *mocking tone* has no official recognition or claim to anything!

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: <C-Grosna> And you, klingons, are you lost? I have some nice star charts to help you return to Qo'nos.

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: <C> We could grab that, then cut and run, leave these two idiots to fight over the rest...

[Local] T'Vek of Vulcan@anncarise: <C> Daimon, you understand that under the Second Federation-Cardassian Treaty, the Cardassian people are formally restricted from possessing a military, only a self-defense force.

Egzo@HF_Mudd doesn't sound like he particularly likes the idea of just abandoning all these weapons, but...

[Local] T'Vek of Vulcan@anncarise: <C> The weapons held in this facility count as military assets. The Klingon Empire, representing the Alpha Quadrant Alliance, has a right to seize these assets and all information on them.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: <C-Bara> If we had some heads-up to cloak and sneak inside, mine those ships and the station...

[Local] T'Vek of Vulcan@anncarise: <C> The rest of the facility is your right to salvage, if you can prevent these New Cardassians from taking it all, of course.

[Team] Egzo@HF_Mudd: That's... a better argument than he expected, from the Vulcan. Not that they'll go for it, but.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: <C-Grosna> Good deal...for you! I have no intention to spend resources fighting the Cardies while you run away with all the good stuff!

[Local] T'Vek of Vulcan@anncarise: <C> The weapons are contraband. Taking them will make you wanted by the Alpha Quadrant Alliance, which will significantly limit your profit opportunities, no?"

[Local] Lorri@crystyll: "Rule 15: Dead men close no deals"

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: <C-Lamar> You obviously are mad to believe you can make a deal with these knuckle-draggers. Why don't you assist me and I can offer you a proper reward than just threats?

[Local] Lorri@crystyll: "However, as my dear friend Daimon Berish also tells me; The best deal is the one that brings the most profit. Rule number... 2 as I recall"

[Local] Lorri@crystyll: *<C>

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: <C-Grosna> *sound of tube grub being cracked* I'm listening...both of you.

[Local] Lorri@crystyll: "Oh, perhaps you know Berish. Assuming you are of such a standing as your... impressive presence would indicate. Maybe I even recall seeing you at his business wedding to one of my sisters..."

[Emotes] Lorri@crystyll: rolls 46 (1-100)

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: <C-Grosna> Ah yes, I know Berish, a true ferengi...bit too much into oomox, but he has lobes for business. What do you propose?

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: <C-Lamar> I would be carefull when dealing with an orion, especially a female - nothing good will come out of it for you.

[Local] Lorri@crystyll: <C> "Contrary to the Gul's belief - as you will already be well aware being familiar with Berish - business with the Syndicate may be so, but with the OSN is quite to the contrary"

[Local] Lorri@crystyll: <C> "My proposal is simple, Daimon; I see profit here, as do my KDF allies, and as do you. In that I see opportunity to invest in even greater profit using the established bonds between our peoples"

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: <C-Grosna> *frowns at the Lamar comment* You think I survived this long by trusting people? *to Lorri* You say all the right words, but I see no latinum!

[Local] Lorri@crystyll: <C> "And you won't until we have an accord. It is your choice Daimon; a tidy profit, or an extensive repair bill for your beautiful ship. Because even if you turn your weapons on us, do you really +

[Local] Lorri@crystyll: + presume to come out unscathed? That gets expensive, and thats before our allies catch up to you."

[Local] Lorri@crystyll: <C> So what will it be: invest wisely now in long term gain, or sacrifice all chances of ever doing business in our ever growing territory again?"

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: <C-Grosna> *wide grin* I have set up comm blocking probes around this area. Whatever happens, there will be no witnesses. *to Lamar* And that means your hunter friends camping just outside the sensor-

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: - range.

[Local] T'Vek of Vulcan@anncarise: <C> There is also no guarantee you will survive whatever happens. As the Tabadi says, dead men close no deals.

[Team] Sadia@gulremal: he is at this point more interested in lorri's offer, but you'd need something to really entice him

[Local] T'Vek of Vulcan@anncarise: <C> Our interest here is only in the weapons within that facility. Your sensors tell you the same thing mine do about Gul Lamar's ships, do they not?

[Local] T'Vek of Vulcan@anncarise: <C> That is worthwhile salvage in and of itself.

[Emotes] T'Vek of Vulcan@anncarise: rolls 98 (1-100)

[Local] T'Vek of Vulcan@anncarise: <C> Not to mention any future trading opportunities proposed by the Tabadi.

[Local] Lorri@crystyll: <C> Your interest perhaps. I however want that fleet, as I suspect the wise Daimon does. Surely worth a 2% cut of all our trade with the Ferengi Alliance"

[Team] Sadia@gulremal: <C-Lamar> Smart move, ferengi, but I've been playing this game for far longer...I offer you mining rights at the Datel system - more than this...pittance-

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: <C> I'll throw in a hundred bars. Here, now.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: <C-Lamar> Smart move, ferengi, but I've been playing this game for far longer...I offer you mining rights at the Datel system - more than this...pittance they offer.

[Emotes] Sadia@gulremal: rolls 90 (1-100)

[Emotes] Egzo@HF_Mudd: rolls 65 (1-100)

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: <C-Grosna> Ahhhh, the bidding, I like it!

[Team] Egzo@HF_Mudd: (I dunno if that's actually a roll, but if it counts, that's to support Lorri)

[Emotes] Lorri@crystyll: rolls 11 (1-100)

[Team] Lorri@crystyll: that'll be a reroll then...

[Emotes] Lorri@crystyll: rolls 6 (1-100)

[Team] Lorri@crystyll: :/

[Team] T'Vek of Vulcan@anncarise: Oh no!

[Local] T'Vek of Vulcan@anncarise: <C> Mining rights that only stand as long as the NCR controls that system. I'm sure you understand the difference in power between the New Cardassian military, if you can call it that, and the -

[Local] T'Vek of Vulcan@anncarise: - Klingon Defence Force?

[Team] Egzo@HF_Mudd: well, fortunately we have logic plus cold hard gold.

[Emotes] Sadia@gulremal: rolls 54 (1-100)

[Local] T'Vek of Vulcan@anncarise: <C> The OSN will only grow in wealth with the support of the Klingons and the other Alpha Quadrant powers. It is a far better investiment.

Lorri@crystyll holds a cupped hand to her ear, "The wind is blowing Daimon, I trust you hear it too"

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: <C-Grosna> Oh, what I hear is Gul here sneaking a comm to his buddies. *he cuts comms to Lamar* I get the salvage right to all of his ships and the station - you get those ships inside. And I'll take that -

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: - latinum and 2% cut.

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: <C> Deal.

[Local] Lorri@crystyll: <C> A wise choice indeed. Now to stake our collective claim and be rid of this nuisance.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: <FX> Cardassian ships open fire, hitting the Merchantman square on, but it's shields hold!

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: <C-Grosna> Time to make some latinum, boys!

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: "Evasive! Cloak us!"

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: -- ROUND 1 --

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: <FX> Hag'lhr shimmers into invisibility as it begins to maneuver...

[Local] Lorri@crystyll: "Helm, bring us about and form up on the Merchantman. Launch both squadrons in a defensive formation"

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: <FX> Cardassian ships - 1 Keldon, 2 Galors and 4 Hidekis, are in a tight shield-enhancing formation, currently firing at Grosna's ship with their forward spiral wave disruptor main beams.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: -- Egzo's action --

T'Vek of Vulcan@anncarise | Premium forms up behind the Merchantman and the Thana for now, letting the bigger ships take the front line.

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: "Flank 'em. Find a weak spot in that formation."

[Team] Egzo@HF_Mudd: (That'll be the primary action, I can actually fire this round too if you'll allow it, or wait.)

[Team] Egzo@HF_Mudd: (But I figure evading, cloaking, and manevuering to find same is a round's worth.)

[Team] Sadia@gulremal: you start at the point with your weapons and shield up

[Team] Sadia@gulremal: egzo, gimme a scan roll before cloaking

[Emotes] Egzo@HF_Mudd: rolls 58 (1-100)

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: Kem: That's one tight formation, boss! We need to find a way to split em up!

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: <FX> Hag'lhr spring to action and moves aside, cloaking.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: -- Lorri's action --

[Local] Lorri@crystyll: <C> "I have an idea for splitting up that pack..."

[Local] Lorri@crystyll: "Auxiliary power to the forward deflector. Fire all cannons and ahead full impulse!"

Lorri@crystyll FX | Thana lurches forward with cannons blazing aiming a direct charge into the middle of the NCR pack

[Emotes] Lorri@crystyll: rolls 84 (1-100)

[Local] Lorri@crystyll: (Interceptors remain defensive around the Ferengi, so no further action from them)

[Team] Lorri@crystyll: this is what happens when i listen to Lorri's BSG theme while emoting combat with her...

[Team] T'Vek of Vulcan@anncarise: Hahaha

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: <FX> Thana's fire does moderate damage to one of Galor's front shields, but it gets quickly distributed and repowered by joint shielding, but not completely, so it stands at 90%.

[Team] T'Vek of Vulcan@anncarise: *turns into Adama*

[Team] Sadia@gulremal: tehnically, all cardie ships have forward shields at 90%

[Team] Egzo@HF_Mudd: *kettle drums intensify* :)

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: -- T'Vek's action --

[Team] Lorri@crystyll: i assume they scattered as well then as we didn't end up charging head on into the Keldon?

[Team] Sadia@gulremal: you didn't reach them yet, though that keldon might not be backing up..

[Team] Lorri@crystyll: oh...

[Local] T'Vek of Vulcan@anncarise: <C> If we focus fire on one of the Hidekis, we may be able to cut through its shields before it has a chance to redistribute. They may be smaller vessels, but they run on the same matter/antimatter -

[Local] T'Vek of Vulcan@anncarise: - cores. If one of them goes critical, the resulting explosion should force the formation to scatter or risk losing most of their shields on all their vessels.

[Team] T'Vek of Vulcan@anncarise: Should I roll for the tactic alone or perform an action too?

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: <C> Good. Mark a target.

[Team] Sadia@gulremal: you can either start shooting at the hideki and hope others follow, or spend the round to get better tac reading and give others a boost against one ship

T'Vek of Vulcan@anncarise | Premium advances behind the Thana, picking out and marking a target for the rest of the team.

[Emotes] T'Vek of Vulcan@anncarise: rolls 69 (1-100)

T'Vek of Vulcan@anncarise | Target being one of the Hidekis of course!

[Team] T'Vek of Vulcan@anncarise: Basically the assassin mark ability from Dragon Age hehe

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: <FX> Thana feeds the sensor readings of Hideki, giving everyone a better targeting solution.

[Team] Lorri@crystyll: xD

[Team] T'Vek of Vulcan@anncarise: Egzo just needs to pull off a backstab now...

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: <C-Bara> How about we start scutlling these ships inside? That will force them to act!

[Local] Lorri@crystyll: <C> Hey! I think they're acting enough without blowing up my profit margin thank you!

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: <C-Bara> Very well, I was hoping that would force to assign smaller ships to move inside and defend.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: <C-Bara> But, as you wish...target that Hideki, fire all weapons!

[Emotes] Sadia@gulremal: rolls 5 (1-100)

[Team] Sadia@gulremal: re-rolling that lel

[Emotes] Sadia@gulremal: rolls 29 (1-100)

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: <FX> IKS Barut's fire does some damage to the hideki's front shields but doesn't breach the defenses, dropping every cardie's front shields to 75%.

[Team] Egzo@HF_Mudd: Barut was clearly expecting, and in position for, another tactic...

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: <C-Grosna> Fly, my pretties, and bring me something useful!

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: <FX> Merchantman reinforces it's front shields as it's many hangar bays open, launching dozens and dozens of observation probes, which start circling around NCR formation, scanning...

[Emotes] Sadia@gulremal: rolls 64 (1-100)

[Team] T'Vek of Vulcan@anncarise: I need those drones

[Team] T'Vek of Vulcan@anncarise: Hehe

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: <C-Grosna> Aaaaah, so that's how they do it. Friends, Galors' main shield emitters are very taxed by this shielding tactic...target them and their overshields will not hold.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: -- ROUND 2 --

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: <FX> NCR ships shift focus at the onrushing Thana, and target her this time around, before it rams the Keldon. Keldon boosts its front SIF and activates tractor beam, trying to slow Thana down.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: <FX> Galor and Hideki fire hits Thana's front shields, dropping them down to 60%. Keldon catches it in tractor beam, and slows Thana to 1/3 impulse.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: <FX> Galors and Keldon start launching shuttles and other armed support craft, that goes after the spy drones.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: -- Egzo's action --

Egzo@HF_Mudd tries to stick with the plan, decloaking and firing on the Hideki that T'Vek marked, intending to destroy it and open a weak spot before going after a Galor on that side.

[Emotes] Egzo@HF_Mudd: rolls 87 (1-100)

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: <FX> Hag'lhr decloaks and blasts temporary through the front shields with disruptors, while the torpedo passes through and hits the Hideki, heavily damaging it and forcing it to leave the formation.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: <FX> Other ships compensate, but all of their shield facings lose an additional 15% power (front shields at 60%, aft at 85%).

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: -- Lorri's action --

Lorri@crystyll grins wolfishly as the tractor beam snags them

[Local] Lorri@crystyll: "Charge the main deflector for a graviton burst back along that beam and polarize the hull plating. Once free, continue forwards and roll through that formation!"

[Emotes] Lorri@crystyll: rolls 82 (1-100)

Lorri@crystyll FX | Thana emits the graviton pulse back along the tractor beam with hopes of explosively disrupting the Keldon's attempt. Fighters meanwhile swarm to engage the launched NCR small craft

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: <FX> Graviton burst fries the Keldon's tractor beam, as Thana barrel rolls between it and one Galor, it's side weapons putting some pressure at one Galor's shield emitters. Fighters move from -

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: - the Merchantman to intercept cardassian support vessels.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: -- T'Vek's action --

[Local] Lorri@crystyll: "I do so appreciate them being so predictable sometimes" she smiles

T'Vek of Vulcan@anncarise emerges from behind the Thana's cover, unleashing a barrage of cannon fire on the Galor the Thana's is hitting.

[Emotes] T'Vek of Vulcan@anncarise: rolls 45 (1-100)

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: <FX> Premium's fire, combined with Thana's drops the front shields of "starboard" side Galor and disrupt it's main emitter, disabling the overshield...

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: <C-Bara> Their front shields are down, target their bridge and fire all weapons!

[Emotes] Sadia@gulremal: rolls 39 (1-100)

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: <FX> Barut's fire strikes some indirect hits around the bridge, damaging ships hull and taking out some of the beam arrays.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: <FX> Grosna's spy drones keep their dance, evading fire and keeping their scans. Aside the ones close to disabled Hideki and shieldless galor, who move in closer, and soon you note multiple -

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: - transporter signals as ship equipment and parts are being beamed off to Merchantman.

[Emotes] Sadia@gulremal: rolls 22 (1-100)

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: <C-Grosna> Yes yes, bring gifts to your daddy! And do it faster!

[Team] Sadia@gulremal: I'm ok with that

[Local] Lorri@crystyll: <C> "Pre-emptive salvage? Nicely done, Daimon!"

[Team] Sadia@gulremal: also, Grosna re-rolls

[Emotes] Sadia@gulremal: rolls 68 (1-100)

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: <FX> Shieldless Galor balks to the side as it suddenly finds itself lacking port thrusters...

[Team] Egzo@HF_Mudd: Ha.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: <C-Grosna> Time is money!

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: -- ROUND 3 --

Egzo@HF_Mudd observes to his crew, "This one has lobes /and/ some guramba."

Lorri@crystyll looks to one of her girls on the Thana, "...make a note to look into installing transporters on the Interceptors..."

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: <FX> With their shield formation broken, 3 remaining Hidekis turn on Hag'lhr!

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: "... uh oh."

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: -- CLIFFHANGER --
2 Likes