8 Dec: You know the drill, part 1

Breen have stepped up their efforts against the D'rexian Resistance. KDF and allies must contact the Morrs Combine and...persuade them to stop supplying the Breen military.

--

When: Sunday, Dec 8, Alpha-1

Audience: Klingon and allies

Event type: Bridge RP

Starting point: Starship bridge (yep, they work again)

OOC point of contact: @gulremal
Spoiler: Event logShow

Sadia@gulremal: <FX> After the fight with V'Ku's forces, most of the KDF and allied force is heading back to SB 151. Sadia and two scout wings remain - scouts to help track the Scryer, while Sadia remained at the -

Sadia@gulremal: - border with the Sheliak to monitor the situation. During the trip back, team receives a call from IKS Daramar.

Sadia@gulremal: <FX> Sadia appears on the holoprojector.

Sadia@gulremal: <C> Cynis here, do you copy?

Istar@anncarise | Delbaj Naissas: "Hello, Captain Cynis. You are looking for Tabadi Lorri, I assume?"

Sadia@gulremal: <C> Yes, is she available?

Istar@anncarise | Delbaj Naissas: "I've notified her of your call. She will be with us shortly."

Sadia@gulremal: <C> Very well, I shall wait.

Lorri@crystyll emerges a few moments later, climbing the steps to the command seat and nestling before it's holodisplay when she looks up to the holocomm, "Captain, to what do I owe the pleasure?"

Sadia@gulremal: <C> Good to see you, Tabadi. I hope you travel is unhindered?

Lorri@crystyll: "So far so good" she smiles

Istar@anncarise arrives on the bridge as well, staying on the side and observing the comm.

Sadia@gulremal: <C> Good. Situation here is unchanged. We've lost sign of V'Ku's vessels, and I've deployed cloaked sensor probes around the border. Sheliak have not responded to our messages, and I doubt this -

Sadia@gulremal: - matter will be brought to High Council's attention anytime soon. I'll stay here to both keep track on the Sheliak's activities and coordinate our search for Scryer's location along with the Colonial

Sadia@gulremal: - forces.

Lorri@crystyll: "It does feel like a ticking time bomb out there now..."

Sadia@gulremal: <C> Sheliak are far away from the Empire, and they will have a lot of space to cover if they want to reach us, not to mention all the folks in between that might not allow them access. *shrugs* Our -

Sadia@gulremal: - diplomat from the base should be on their way, but since Sheliak allow no embassies, I doubt they'll be of much use.

Lorri@crystyll: "So. We wait to see what transpires, if anything. What's our plan in the meantime, other avenues to pursue?"

Sadia@gulremal: <C> Not much we can do at this point. But yes, I was contacted by Unfettered Voice from the D'rexian Resistance. Remember her from the last staff meeting?

Lorri@crystyll nods, "What's the latest?"

Sadia@gulremal: <C> They've got a lead regarding their issue - the Breen have acquired massive drilling devices to use to search for rebel forces hiding underground.

Lorri@crystyll: "Subtle as always..."

Istar@anncarise: "What kind of underground are they hiding in?"

Sadia@gulremal: <C> They've found the seller party, one of Reklar Combines known as Morrs Combine.

Sadia@gulremal: <C> *to Istar* D'rexian are practically living rocks - they can easily hide below the ground level within the system of underground tunnels and caves.

Sadia@gulremal: <C> Some of their people have adapted their body structure to be able to quickly create or collapse such passages, allowing them easy hit and run attacks.

Istar@anncarise: "That's handy."

Lorri@crystyll: "Indeed"

Sadia@gulremal: <C> These massive drills create large passageways for breen troops and vehicles, and they are equipped with smaller mobile drilling units, giving them options to chase the D'rexian strike teams.

Sadia@gulremal: <C> These drills were originally created by Morrs Combine to strip-mine asteroids and moons, but I guess Breen found another use for them.

Sadia@gulremal: <C> Anyhow, the Voice has located the seller, one Chief Engineer Ittik, that leads one of Morrs Combine's R&D efforts. The Voice has secured an audience with this Ittik at their research facility.

Lorri@crystyll: "Where and when are we heading out then?"

Sadia@gulremal: <C> I'm sending you the coordinates and guest access code. The facility uses mostly automated space defenses, so be carefull. Voice also told me these...morsians are quite peculiar people, so be on -

Sadia@gulremal: - your guard.

Lorri@crystyll: "Peculiar can be a good thing. But I get the sense not so in this instance..."

Istar@anncarise: "Peculiar as in prone to unusual tactics?"

Sadia@gulremal: <C> Well, since their location should be on the way back to base, I was hoping you guys could make a quick stop and find out more about this business deal.

Sadia@gulremal: <C> *to istar* How did Voice put it...excitable, hyperactive and just a bit crazy?

Istar@anncarise: "I've met some species like that...though usually on the fun scale of it."

Sadia@gulremal: ** map, just replace Vistani with Reklar: https://i.imgur.com/7tiwJbp.png

Sadia@gulremal: <C> I need someone to get as much info about these drills, the trade deal between Morrs Combine and the Breen Fenrisal State, and if we can persuade them to break the deal. The last one is optional, -

Sadia@gulremal: - and if you feel it would risk a trouble with the Combine, ignore it.

Lorri@crystyll: "Leave it with me. We should be able to exercise sufficient leverage over them to get results"

Istar@anncarise grins, "If there's one person who knows how to work negotiations, it's Lorri."

Sadia@gulremal: <C> Oh, I will cover any expenses if you get to the negotiations, just try not to bankrupt me. In the end, we could also use those drills for our own mining ops.

Lorri@crystyll: "I'll keep that in mind and see what we can do"

Sadia@gulremal: <C> Good. Also, I have other thing I want to talk to you about...it's about the cmdr. Azara...

Lorri@crystyll: "Oh?"

Sadia@gulremal: <C> After seeing her in action, I was interested in your opinion on her.

Lorri@crystyll: "She conducted herself admirably. She also clearly the Branded Lady's protege with the borderline superiority complex, but if we can work with Vora, we can certainly work with Azara"

Sadia@gulremal: <C> I see. Well, she's definitely competent, though I do find her choices of actions a bit extreme.

Lorri@crystyll: "You... do? This coming from someone famed for using her flagship as a battering ram?" she smirks a little

Sadia@gulremal: <C> Well, that's one of the thing it's actually good for. *ahems* Well, I just hope that once we locate the Scryer, she doesn't suggest slagging entire populater planet they are hiding on, just to -

Sadia@gulremal: - make sure...

Lorri@crystyll: "She does possess her mentors rather... brutal logic, but she is not without reason either"

Sadia@gulremal: <C> I agree. We just need to be careful not to end on the wrong side of that type of decision making, eh?

Lorri@crystyll: "The Colonial Arshai are still our allies. I do not see that changing any time soon"

Istar@anncarise: "I hope not. They were dangerous when they worked against us, and we owe some of our tech and tactics to them."

Sadia@gulremal: <C> Well, I trusted tabadi Mysti's judgement, and I will trust yours. Just...be careful with that one.

Lorri@crystyll nods, "No need to worry about that"

Sadia@gulremal: <C> Very well, that would be all from me for now. Say hi to Egzo when he's about.

Lorri@crystyll: "Of course" she smiles

Sadia@gulremal: <C> Cynis out. *her image disappears*

Sadia@gulremal: -- SCENE END --