8 Mar: Underworld, part 3

KDF and allies help an old friend to deal with a local bounty hunter that is in employ of the Scryer.

--

When: Sunday, Mar 8, Alpha-1

Audience: Klingon and allies

Event type: Bridge RP (combat expected)

Starting point: Starship bridge

OOC point of contact: @crystyll
1 Like
Spoiler: Mission logShow
Istar@anncarise FX | After deciding on a plan with the Carran Eye, the team from H'urq Mevik find themselves once again in a familiar setting as they board the QanwI' to await the Nuhar bounty hunter, a sentient -

[Local] Istar@anncarise: - starship apparently in the service of the Scryer...

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: *she enters, nods to Egzo and Istar* Permission to enter, captain?

Egzo@HF_Mudd sits in a bridge officer chair.

Istar@anncarise nods back to Sadia as she monitors the sensors.

Lexi@crystyll turns with a smirk, "Welcome to a little taste of home! Not quite as spacious as that barge of yours, but welcoming enough I hope"

Lexi@crystyll barks viciously at her officers in Klingon to vacate their stations for the guests. Yep, totally welcoming

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: Honestly I prefer it like this...you need to either shout or use comms to give orders on Daramar.

Lexi@crystyll laughs, "You don't need such a strong throwing arm either, ha!"

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: *chuckles* I don't know what they were thinking when they designed that bridge...if they were thinking at all. Like...they gave opera writers the free rein.

[Local] Lexi@crystyll: "Aah yes, a grand platform indeed for tales of glorious victory!"

[Local] Istar@anncarise: "To be fair it would look good when they make an opera about ya...or a holonovel at least."

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: *she sits at the tactical station, and bring us weapons and shields readiness reports, and tactical info available on their foe from the last encounter*

[Local] Istar@anncarise: "Holos always like to make everything look bigger and badder."

[Local] Lexi@crystyll: "But we do not need such platforms. Just a heading! Helm, take us out"

Lexi@crystyll laughs to Istar, "If they make a holonovel of the QanwI' I bet they'll make me 7-foot tall! And male... and Klingon..."

Egzo@HF_Mudd snorts and nods.

[Team] Sadia@gulremal: just to note, anyone at helm from PCs? what console did egzo take?

[Local] Istar@anncarise: "Not if Orions make it! Though you might still be 7-feet tall. And green."

[Team] Lexi@crystyll: i am assuming npc helm. figuring egzo for engineering

[Team] Egzo@HF_Mudd: ^

[Local] Lexi@crystyll: "Ha!"

[Team] Istar@anncarise: Thought so too!

[Local] Istar@anncarise: "Hey, you wouldn't look bad in green!"

[Team] Egzo@HF_Mudd: There's a Gorn sitting in the one I'd pick, so I took this one instead.

[Team] Sadia@gulremal: got it, sadia's weapon expert

[Local] Lexi@crystyll: "How do you know I haven't already tried?" she smirks

Istar@anncarise grins, "Good point. You have had a lotta lifetimes, haven't you..."

[Local] Lexi@crystyll: "One or two"

Istar@anncarise FX | The QanwI' departs Underworld, quickly venturing away from the protection of the Carrans...

Lexi@crystyll | Lorri meanwhile loiters quietly, and generally uselessly at the back of the bridge. Unless we get to trade deals or diplomatic talks with the bounty hunting spaceship she knows she has little use

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: Shield and weapon systems are in very good shape.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: Want me to raise shields, captain. Or we waiting for our target to appear?

[Local] Lexi@crystyll: "Not yet. We will have to play sweet and innocent until it rears"

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: How does Relentless Hunter operate? Do they have stealth systems, any tricks in line with Hirogen or Hunters from Gamma?

[Local] Lexi@crystyll: "During our last encounter it was surprisingly brazen. Just up and attack, no fancy tricks or anything"

[Local] Lexi@crystyll: "But it's a bounty hunter with around 200,000 years experience. So I wouldn't put anything past it"

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: Hmmm...so from the last combat logs, he has some kind of fore antiproton lance, and can emit proton pulse in a wide radius, I guess to destroy incoming torps and small flyers?

[Local] Lexi@crystyll: "That AP lance will tear through almost anything. Fortunately, it is big and slow so we should be able to avoid it"

Egzo@HF_Mudd points out, "Time makes ya smart, but bein' untouchable makes ya dumb. Maybe it balances out."

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: But the proton pulse emitters on hull are also a weakness? Interesting...

Lexi@crystyll nods to Egzo's comment, "It worked out for us last time. But there's no telling what kind of upgrades the Scryer has given it now, /if/ our info is good and it has a new body of course"

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: Oh wow! Where did you get all these torpedoes?

Lexi@crystyll grins, "You think I was on Underworld /just/ to collect information? No /way/ I was passing up a visit there without replenishing supplies!"

[Local] Lexi@crystyll: "Fortunately, with everything spent on protecting our Fed allies; Captain Keelah is more than amenable to donating stock for us to trade

Egzo@HF_Mudd chuckles.

[Local] Istar@anncarise: "Always good to be prepared!"

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: "Damn right."

[Emotes] Sadia@gulremal: rolls 8 (1-100)

[Team] Istar@anncarise: *ship explodes, everyone dies*

[Team] Istar@anncarise: hehe

[Emotes] Istar@anncarise: rolls 25 (1-100)

[Team] Sadia@gulremal: ah well, someone has to roll it

[Team] Istar@anncarise: haha yeah, get the bad rolls out of the way first!

[Team] Egzo@HF_Mudd: So are we all rolling or what?

[Team] Istar@anncarise: Nope, just poked Sadia for it!

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: Well, I'm glad we are stocked well...during the last Federation-klingon war, my raiding squadrons always had to juggle whatever was left...being far into enemy territory.

[Team] Istar@anncarise: Since it's something she might see from tactical sensors!

Egzo@HF_Mudd nods.

Istar@anncarise suddenly says, "Watch out, something's decloaking right behind us!"

[Local] Lexi@crystyll: "Battle stations!"

[Local] Istar@anncarise: --ROUND ONE--

Istar@anncarise | The Nuhar Hunter appears behind the QanwI' with the raptor directly in its line of sight. Sensors flash as it reads the forward weapons charging, much faster than anticipated...

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: "Shields up!"

[Local] Istar@anncarise: --LEXI'S TURN--

[Team] Istar@anncarise: Lexi can handle the piloting and all!

[Team] Istar@anncarise: Since Sadia is weapons and Egzo is engineering!

[Local] Lexi@crystyll: "Helm, delta-6 hard burn"

Lexi@crystyll | QanwI''s tail flashes white as it pulls into a steep climb to circle over the Hunter and drop down behind it

[Emotes] Lexi@crystyll: rolls 35 (1-100)

[Team] Egzo@HF_Mudd: I'd say we get out of the firing arc, but don't manage a reversal.

[Team] Egzo@HF_Mudd: * their

Istar@anncarise | QanwI' begins to circle up, but the weapon fires much sooner than expected...but instead of a dark red beam completely burning through the shields of the QanwI', two orange beams emit from the -

Istar@anncarise - front of the Hunter, one of them just skimming the shields, disrupting the pilot's maneuver.

[Team] Istar@anncarise: Hmm...who should be announcing shield status, Sadia or Egzo?

[Team] Sadia@gulremal: sadia manages the shields, egzo modifies power levels i believe

[Team] Istar@anncarise: ahhh

[Team] Egzo@HF_Mudd: IMO - just put it in the poses, spare us having to parrot it.

[Team] Istar@anncarise: Probably easier yeah...

[Team] Egzo@HF_Mudd: That's how Sadia usually does it.

[Team] Lexi@crystyll: makes sense!

Istar@anncarise | Shields hold at 80% from the glancing blow.

[Local] Istar@anncarise: --SADIA'S TURN--

[Team] Sadia@gulremal: generally, tac officers activates shields and manages shield facings...engi boosts shield with emergency/aux power

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: *furiously types as she powers up weapons next, a makes a full tactical scan of the enemy*

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: "Weapons up, acquiring tactical data..."

[Emotes] Sadia@gulremal: rolls 31 (1-100)

[Local] Istar@anncarise: --EGZO'S TURN--

[Team] Istar@anncarise: Feel free to give the info in the meantime Sadia!

[Team] Istar@anncarise: Or save some and give some hehe

Egzo@HF_Mudd works quickly to try to restore aft shields and balance power for further combat.

[Emotes] Egzo@HF_Mudd: rolls 93 (1-100)

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: New toys! AP lance, phaser dual beam bank front. Disruptor cannons broadside and some PD turrets. Photon pulse emitters still there, but less of those.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: *proton

Istar@anncarise | Egzo restores the aft shields and power levels are quickly optimized for combat, giving the ship more hitting power and speed!

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: "We're back in the fight, get 'em!"

[Local] Istar@anncarise: --ROUND TWO--

Istar@anncarise | The Hunter doesn't try to reposition itself, instead turning to the broadside to pepper the field with disruptor cannon fire.

[Emotes] Istar@anncarise: rolls 61 (1-100)

[Team] Sadia@gulremal: Egzo the Fixer :)

[Local] Lexi@crystyll: "Bring us about and line up on those photon emitters. Stand by for reverse thrust as soon as we fire"

[Emotes] Lexi@crystyll: rolls 55 (1-100)

[Team] Lexi@crystyll: always with the pilot ship moves xD

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: "Understood, transphasic torps loaded, acquiring targeting solutions for proton emitters."

[Team] Lexi@crystyll: can return to it after sadia's next move if it helps with the flow

Istar@anncarise | The pilot maneuvers through the disruptor fire, taking only one hit and dropping the shields down to 90%, but manages to position the ship for an attack.

[Team] Istar@anncarise: I think this works!

[Team] Sadia@gulremal: ++

Sadia@gulremal targets the couple of emitters at the side Qanwl' is facing, and fires a rapid fire burst of disruptor cannons followed by high yield line of transphasic torpedoes.*

[Emotes] Sadia@gulremal: rolls 15 (1-100)

[Team] Sadia@gulremal: do we have re-rolls

[Team] Istar@anncarise: Yup!

[Team] Istar@anncarise: Same as usual for KDF events!

[Team] Sadia@gulremal: I'm going for one

[Emotes] Sadia@gulremal: rolls 5 (1-100)

[Team] Sadia@gulremal: not my day

[Team] Istar@anncarise: Oh dear

[Team] Sadia@gulremal: transšhasic torps phase outta existence :)

[Team] Sadia@gulremal: *phasic

Istar@anncarise | The cannons hit the Hunter but are easily absorbed by its shields. However, the torpedoes don't seem to track the ship, flying off into space and exploding harmlessly. The Nuhar is messing with -

[Local] Istar@anncarise: - targeting locks again!

Lexi@crystyll snarls at the sight of her new torps not working, "Damn that thing to Stovokor! Best switch to manual targeting from here"

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: "Damn, they have some state of the art countermeasures there!"

[Team] Lexi@crystyll: put mine after...

Egzo@HF_Mudd mutters "Tricky bastard" as he continues to work the bridge engineering console, holding aux power ready in case it's needed.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: "Aye aye, switching to manual targeting." *buzzing sound as targeting periscope lowers from the ceiling*

[Local] Istar@anncarise: "Definitely learned something in all those thousands of years after all..."

[Team] Egzo@HF_Mudd: I can make a roll now or hold my action, your call.

[Team] Istar@anncarise: Holding action works for this! Can use it to boost your roll on aux power when needed!

[Team] Istar@anncarise: Which may be soon hehe

[Team] Egzo@HF_Mudd: Copy :/

[Local] Istar@anncarise: --ROUND THREE--

Istar@anncarise | The Hunter unleashes one of the proton pulses amid the disruptor barrage...

[Emotes] Istar@anncarise: rolls 3 (1-100)

[Team] Istar@anncarise: or not

[Team] Istar@anncarise: hahaha

[Team] Istar@anncarise: pulse is still fired, just not very hard to dodge hehe

[Local] Lexi@crystyll: "Roll us over to it's dorsal axis. Auxiliary power to the engines for a second reverse thrust. We'll snare it in a tractor beam and give you twice as long to aim!"

[Emotes] Lexi@crystyll: rolls 3 (1-100)

[Team] Lexi@crystyll: spots are lesser-spotted today...

[Team] Istar@anncarise: Someone's stolen the spots and it's not either of us...

[Team] Istar@anncarise: Yeah...

[Team] Lexi@crystyll: reroll time for me^^

[Team] Istar@anncarise: This is what happens when Lexi goes green

[Team] Istar@anncarise: haha

[Emotes] Lexi@crystyll: rolls 8 (1-100)

[Team] Lexi@crystyll: ...

[Team] Istar@anncarise: yeah...

[Team] Sadia@gulremal: RNGesus is not in the house tonight

Istar@anncarise | QanwI' evades the proton burst and maneuvers to the Hunter's dorsal axis, but the tractor beam is thrown off almost immediately as the Hunter magnetizes their hull and maneuvers -

[Local] Istar@anncarise: - surprisingly quickly to turn its weak spots away.

Egzo@HF_Mudd curses and adds, "Smart. Definitely smart."

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: *she targets manually, firing another burst of disruptor fire and high yield transphasic torpedoes.

[Emotes] Sadia@gulremal: rolls 3 (1-100)

[Local] Istar@anncarise: "And agile, too. It dances better than most ships that size..."

[Team] Istar@anncarise: wow

[Team] Sadia@gulremal: yup

[Team] Istar@anncarise: how are we all rolling below 10!

Istar@anncarise | The Hunter darts out of the way, unleashing a proton burst in its wake that detonates the torpedoes short of reaching it, before it begins to spin around to face the QanwI' again.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: "Curses! I need to recalibrate manual targeting!"

[Tell] Istar@anncarise: Faster charging forward weapons, more agile movement, less weak spots, Egzo can probably figure that this version of the Hunter has been modified specifically to counter the QanwI'

Egzo@HF_Mudd observes as he works, "This thing... knows all your tricks... came ready... t'fight QanwI'."

Egzo@HF_Mudd tries to scrape up more power for engines, to try to even the odds in agility.

[Emotes] Egzo@HF_Mudd: rolls 39 (1-100)

[Local] Lexi@crystyll: "A worthy foe" she nods, "We need a new playbook! Good thing I have you guys here" she grins

Istar@anncarise | Agility is improved to match the upgraded Hunter, but not to surpass it...

[Local] Istar@anncarise: --ROUND FOUR--

[Emotes] Istar@anncarise: rolls 98 (1-100)

[Team] Sadia@gulremal: uh-oh

Istar@anncarise | The Hunter spins around, getting QanwI' in its forward sights again and firing its twin phaser banks again...

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: "If we had Hag'lhr here... or one a' the heavies... but we don't. So we gotta come up with somethin' it didn't plan for."

[Team] Istar@anncarise: I'm glad its working out this way so it feels like the Hunter's come prepared for QanwI'

[Team] Istar@anncarise: makes a better story than it getting one-shot!

Egzo@HF_Mudd says this as he uses his held action to feed aux power into the shields, shoring them up again after that hit.

[Local] Lexi@crystyll: "Evasive! Keep us away from those damned forward weapons p'taq!"

[Emotes] Egzo@HF_Mudd: rolls 96 (1-100)

[Emotes] Lexi@crystyll: rolls 25 (1-100)

[Team] Egzo@HF_Mudd: Egzo knows Prepared too :)

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: "I'm going to try to slow it down with gravimetrics!"

[Team] Lexi@crystyll: good thing too because another pilot seems to be heading for early retirmenet...

Istar@anncarise | Once again the QanwI' avoids a direct hit but one of the twin beams land. With Egzo's power management, the shields hold steady at 80%...

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: Let's see how this works! *fires two gravimetric torps in hopes or triggering the proton pulse, and then fires the disruptor burst followed by the rest of gravimetric torps*

[Emotes] Sadia@gulremal: rolls 2 (1-100)

[Team] Sadia@gulremal: *headdesk*

[Team] Istar@anncarise: oh keelah

[Team] Egzo@HF_Mudd: And you already spent your reroll, huh.

[Team] Sadia@gulremal: yeah

[Team] Sadia@gulremal: this is just demoralizing

[Team] Sadia@gulremal: I need a beer

[Team] Istar@anncarise: Awww

[Team] Egzo@HF_Mudd: fits the opponent, though.

Istar@anncarise | The Nuhar Hunter mixes up its tricks, taking out the initial two torpedoes with point defense cannons and saving the pulse for the second volley, managing to stay unharmed save for a few cannon -

[Local] Istar@anncarise: - blasts it fails to evade.

[Local] Istar@anncarise: --EGZO'S TURN---

[Team] Istar@anncarise: Yeah!

[Team] Istar@anncarise: The first time was pretty much it testing QanwI' and learning all of Lexi's tricks

[Team] Istar@anncarise: and now it's here to play for real!

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: *grumbles as she reloads the torpedo tubes, and makes a scan of nearby space*

Egzo@HF_Mudd observes as he tries to find something on his console that will help them, "We can't keep dancin' like this. It's landin' hits and we ain't, and we're runnin' outta batteries."

[Team] Egzo@HF_Mudd: Gonna hold action again, if that's okay? Can't think of anything to do at the moment.

[Team] Istar@anncarise: Sure!

[Local] Istar@anncarise: --ROUND FIVE--

Egzo@HF_Mudd blinks, and half turns. "Any chance we can get the Carrans in on this fight?"

Istar@anncarise | The Hunter closes in, switching out its disruptor bombardment for its more traditional proton burst bombardment to better catch the nimble QanwI'.

[Emotes] Istar@anncarise: rolls 18 (1-100)

[Local] Istar@anncarise: "They're normally supposed to be neutral, aren't they?"

[Local] Lexi@crystyll: "Anyway, we made a point of putting ourselves out of range in order to lure this thing..."

Egzo@HF_Mudd nods, "Yeah, but what if it hits one a' them? Or, I dunno, voids a contract or..."

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: They are closing in, let's us it to get them at point blank!

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: *let us use it

Egzo@HF_Mudd shrugs, and turns back to his console as the fight continues.

Lexi@crystyll nods, "Helm, you heard the lady! Bring us about and charge for a shield scrape"

[Emotes] Lexi@crystyll: rolls 49 (1-100)

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: Our shields should be able to hold out their photon burst!

[Local] Lexi@crystyll: "If we're lucky, we can penetrate it's shield perimeter and fire point blank at that unshielded hull!"

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: "You're reading my mind, loading in trilithiums!"

Istar@anncarise | Shields do manage to hold under the bursts as the QanwI' closes in for a shield scrape. Disruptor cannons fire as the QanwI' closes in but misses due to the closer range, and the Hunter falls -

[Local] Istar@anncarise: - back to point defense turrets which hit but do minimal damage to the ship.

Sadia@gulremal executes attack pattern alpha, firing disruptor burst followed by trilithium torpedoes into the closest proton emitter(s).

[Emotes] Sadia@gulremal: rolls 54 (1-100)

[Team] Sadia@gulremal: OMG I ROLLED OVER 10!

[Team] Sadia@gulremal: PRAISE JEFF THE CHEESE GOD!

[Team] Istar@anncarise: Hahaha

Istar@anncarise | One of the torpedoes penetrate the hull and score a direct hit on the proton generator, dealing damage to the side of the Hunter...but unlike last time, there is no chain reaction that consumes -

[Local] Istar@anncarise: - the entire ship. Looks like they patched that weakness..."

Egzo@HF_Mudd doesn't immediately recharge the shields this time, continuing to hold aux power in reserve and hoping to maybe lure the Hunter in, thinking they're out of reserves.

Istar@anncarise | The Hunter breaks away momentarily as well, auto repair systems appearing to kick in on board to deal with the damage.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: "We need to keep up, hit the same spot!"

[Team] Istar@anncarise: Assuming that is Egzo's action for now!

[Team] Egzo@HF_Mudd: For now, yeah.

[Local] Istar@anncarise: --ROUND SIX--

[Emotes] Istar@anncarise: rolls 38 (1-100)

Istar@anncarise | The Hunter begins maneuvering its damaged side away but its movement seems affected by the damage.

[Local] Lexi@crystyll: "Helm, new heading; 182 mark 4. Make like we're rabbitting" turns and tosses a datapad to Lorri, "Tabadi, work your magic. You can use the console in my ready room"

Lexi@crystyll | Lorri perks a brow as she reads the datapad before nodding and leaving the bridge

[Local] Lexi@crystyll: "Egzo, the Carran's may not be disposed to help. But you have given me an idea!"

Istar@anncarise | The QanwI' turns to the new heading and the Hunter promptly turns back and begins following, not wanting to lose its target after all the fighting its already been through.

[Team] Lexi@crystyll: probs nothing to roll for in that turn as setting up next go

[Local] Istar@anncarise: (can skip if not much fighting to be done here!)

[Team] Istar@anncarise: Though you could analyze the Hunter more if you like!

Sadia@gulremal scans the Hunter as she recalibrates the targeting system...

Egzo@HF_Mudd lets the shields and batteries recharge naturally, shuffling power around but not feeding more in just yet.

[Team] Egzo@HF_Mudd: That's my action a bit early, sorry. Can roll for it, but I figure that's routine business.

[Team] Istar@anncarise: Is all good!

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: We need to keep that thing from regenerating...

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: We took out one proton emitter and disruptor cannon with that shot, but he'll fix that soon.

[Local] Istar@anncarise: --ROUND SEVEN--

Istar@anncarise | QanwI' continues along its new heading with the Hunter trailing behind...

Istar@anncarise | The Hunter begins closing distance and charging the twin forward phasers for another hit...

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: He's coming in hot!

Lexi@crystyll closely watches the monitor, "Steady... and... all stop! Let him overshoot!"

[Emotes] Lexi@crystyll: rolls 51 (1-100)

Istar@anncarise | The Hunter overshoots ahead as the QanwI' comes to a sudden stop!

Egzo@HF_Mudd feeds extra power to forward weapons!

[Emotes] Egzo@HF_Mudd: rolls 88 (1-100)

[Team] Istar@anncarise: oooh

[Team] Egzo@HF_Mudd: Don't. Miss.

[Team] Istar@anncarise: No pressure

Sadia@gulremal fires trilithium torps first, waiting for them to trigger proton pulse and timing them with the disruptor fire in hopes of fooling the weakened shields.

[Team] Lexi@crystyll: haha

[Emotes] Sadia@gulremal: rolls 47 (1-100)

Istar@anncarise | The torpedoes trigger the pulse and are obliterated, but the cannons strike true on the weakened shields now that the proton generators are no longer enhancing shields...and with Egzo's boost -

[Local] Istar@anncarise: - the aft shields of the Hunter drains before it can turn away!

[Local] Istar@anncarise: --ROUND EIGHT--

Istar@anncarise | The Hunter tries to turn around, both to get the QanwI' back into the firing arcs of its main weapons again and to protect its shieldless side...

[Emotes] Istar@anncarise: rolls 85 (1-100)

[Local] Lexi@crystyll: "Reverse thrust! Keep that bastard in our sights while he's vulnerable!"

[Emotes] Lexi@crystyll: rolls 84 (1-100)

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: *loads in gravimetrics*

[Team] Lexi@crystyll: figures i roll good when it's barely warranted...

Istar@anncarise | QanwI' manages to keep the vulnerable aft of the Hunter in sight, though it has to close in and stick almost right behind the ship...

Sadia@gulremal fires disruptor burst at the closest proton emitter first in hopes of disabling it, and then follows with the torpedoes at the exposed area...

Egzo@HF_Mudd chants without looking, bent over his console, "Stay on him, stay on him..."

[Emotes] Sadia@gulremal: rolls 18 (1-100)

[Team] Sadia@gulremal: I need more alcohol, this is ridiculous

[Team] Egzo@HF_Mudd: I'm so sorry. :(

[Team] Istar@anncarise: Awww

[Team] Istar@anncarise: I'll give you another bonus reroll if you want to risk it!

[Team] Istar@anncarise: Call it final stand daring move or something hehe

[Team] Sadia@gulremal: naaaaah gotta roll with it, no special treatment

[Team] Egzo@HF_Mudd: *high 5s Sadia*

[Team] Istar@anncarise: Oh keelah

[Team] Sadia@gulremal: we can always say console blast knocks out sadia, I have a feeling npc will roll better :)

Istar@anncarise | Sadia takes out the nearest proton generator, but a swarm of what appears to be repair drones emerge from the hull breach, crashing suicidally into torpedoes and taking them out before they can -

[Local] Istar@anncarise: - hit the Hunter.

Sadia@gulremal sits in a bridge officer chair.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: Egzo, can you hit it with aceton beam at this distance?

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: We need to keep it from repairing.

Egzo@HF_Mudd squints at the sudden flashbulb flare from the main viewscreen, then huhs? at the boss. "... Guess I can try."

[Emotes] Egzo@HF_Mudd: rolls 55 (1-100)

Egzo@HF_Mudd hunts for the buttons in question and looks to the viewer for the result.

[Team] Sadia@gulremal: https://sto.gamepedia.com/Ability:_Aceton_Beam

[Team] Sadia@gulremal: i know it's IG ability, but techs do have ways of messing up the enemy :)

[Tell] Istar@anncarise: It is certainly doable!

[Tell] Istar@anncarise: Oh you already rolled, I missed that in the wall of text sorry!

[Tell] To Istar@anncarise: NP. Fired from main deflector.

Istar@anncarise | The beam manages to connect with the shieldless rear of the ship, preventing it from repairing the damage!

[Local] Istar@anncarise: --ROUND NINE--

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: "Aaaand that used up all our aux power, so we better finish this 'fore it does."

Istar@anncarise | The Hunter suddenly stops trying to turn away...

Istar@anncarise | ...and locks on to QanwI' with a tractor beam!

Istar@anncarise | QanwI' is now locked at the back of the Hunter, unable to move but still getting a clear shot at it.

Lexi@crystyll lets loose a string of profanities in a combination of languages, "...polarize the hull, shake us loose!"

Lexi@crystyll | Lorri also returns at this point with an affirmative nod to Lexi

[Emotes] Lexi@crystyll: rolls 2 (1-100)

Sadia@gulremal wants to interject but she remembers it's not her ship, and stops.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: Captain, can we transfer all power from engines to weapons? We can let torps ride the tractor beam.

Istar@anncarise | No luck. Somehow the traditional method isn't working.

[Team] Istar@anncarise: and we can!

[Local] Lexi@crystyll: "Do it!"

Egzo@HF_Mudd does the power transfer.

[Emotes] Egzo@HF_Mudd: rolls 27 (1-100)

[Team] Egzo@HF_Mudd: Should be enough.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: *loads in trilithiums*

Istar@anncarise | There isn't much power left, the tractor beam looks like it's draining the ship...but it's good enough for what Sadia needs to do!

Egzo@HF_Mudd was just about to explain there's no power /to/ polarize the hull, but... well, that works.

[Local] Istar@anncarise: (No need to roll for the finishing move!)

[Team] Istar@anncarise: Just a dramatic emote will do! hehe

Sadia@gulremal fires a line of high yield trilithum torpedoes up the tractor beam, followed by rapid fire of boosted disruptor bolts at the same location...

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: Adapt to this!

[Team] Sadia@gulremal: can i roll just for giggles

[Team] Istar@anncarise: Sure!

[Emotes] Sadia@gulremal: rolls 56 (1-100)

[Team] Istar@anncarise: But if you roll a 1 we all di-

[Team] Istar@anncarise: Oh okay good

[Team] Sadia@gulremal: wow second roll over 50 outta...11, 12?

[Team] Egzo@HF_Mudd: I figured she was letting you off easy, didn't want you to roll, but that was actually decent. ;)

Istar@anncarise | The torpedoes and disruptors tear through the Hunter which is unable to self-repair due to the aceton beam. Explosions tear through the Nuhar construct as its core...collapses in on itself?

[Team] Sadia@gulremal: sadia does have high combat skills, 7 or so

Lexi@crystyll pounds the arm of her seat in triumph

[Tell] Istar@anncarise: It's running on a singularity core! That's why it tractored us...it was a trap to get us to close in and blow it up!

[Team] Egzo@HF_Mudd: yeah, but the rolls helped sell that this thing had QanWi's number.

[Team] Istar@anncarise: Yeah!

[Team] Istar@anncarise: also this thing has combat boosts too

[Local] Lexi@crystyll: "Was that powered by a singularity? The last one didn't implode like that..."

Egzo@HF_Mudd 's eyes go wide, and he shunts power back to engines, fast!

[Team] Sadia@gulremal: yeah, this made this fight all the spicier...unlike mine ones where you almost one-shot everyone :)

[Local] Lexi@crystyll: "Regardless! Track it's signal, this is our one chance"

[Emotes] Egzo@HF_Mudd: rolls 93 (1-100)

[Team] Sadia@gulremal: hmmm....bice tracking roll egzo

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: "Get us clear!"

[Team] Sadia@gulremal: *nice

[Local] Lexi@crystyll: "Scowls at the idle helmsman watching the pretties on screen, "Well don't look at me, you heard the man! MOVE!"

Istar@anncarise | Egzo shunts power to engines and the QanwI' begins to break away...

Istar@anncarise | ...when the distinctive look of a singularity appears on the viewscreen.

[Team] Lexi@crystyll: 'begins to...' from a 93. Me sense a twist...

[Team] Lexi@crystyll: *Suspiciously narrows eyes at Ann*

[Team] Egzo@HF_Mudd: The 93 was to get power back to engines. Helm still has to do it.

[Team] Egzo@HF_Mudd: Remember, you robbed it all for weps.

[Team] Lexi@crystyll: good point. need a helm roll from me or are we pure story at this point?

Sadia@gulremal loads in gravimetric torps and fires as soon as able in hopes to collapse the singularity

[Team] Istar@anncarise: pure story!

[Team] Lexi@crystyll: *sits back and enjoys then*

Istar@anncarise | Pilot: "We're caught on the edge! We'll tear ourselves apart!"

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: **torp

Istar@anncarise | The gravimetric torpedoes are warped by the edge of the singularity, some orbiting around and one being flung outwards...

[Local] Lexi@crystyll: "Can we reinforce the rear shield and detonate a torpedo to ride the shockwave out?"

[Local] Istar@anncarise: "There's another ship coming in! Don't recognize it but its tech is pretty old fashioned..."

[Local] Lexi@crystyll: "Visual range?"

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: Loading another torp, will fire at your command and detonate before it gets warped.

[Local] Istar@anncarise: "Just in!"

[Local] Lexi@crystyll: "Let's see it"

Istar@anncarise puts the ship on screen, and Lexi recognizes the distinctive design...

Egzo@HF_Mudd keeps working in the background, putting every spare bit of power he can find into the SIF.

[Local] Lexi@crystyll: "Impeccable timing... Hail them. See if they can give us a pull"

Istar@anncarise | Meanwhile Sadia's torpedo detonates, putting more distance between QanwI' and the singularity, but not managing to collapse it...

Lexi@crystyll explains for the others, "That's a Satri ship. They are from a species we found called the Decen"

Istar@anncarise | The hail goes through, and an alien with silver eyes and hair appears on the viewscreen.

[Local] Lexi@crystyll: "Satri are one of the five ruling families of the species, and the only ones prone to wander this close to Underworld"

Sadia@gulremal powers down cannons/energy weapons to give egzo more power, keeping shields and torpedo launchers operational.

Istar@anncarise | Satri Captain: "Looks like you need a hand. We'll reinforce your shields and give you a pull."

[Local] Lexi@crystyll: "Too bad you missed the real fun. Maybe next time"

[Local] Lexi@crystyll: *<C>

Istar@anncarise | The alien ship swoops in, and shield levels begin to rise as it starts pulling the QanwI' away from the singularity.

Istar@anncarise | Satri Captain: "Let's get you out of this one first. It's about to implode, one more push from your engines should get you free!"

Lexi@crystyll nods, "One more push it is!" whispering as she more gently pats the arm of her chair, "Come on girl, you can do it..."

Egzo@HF_Mudd sees the power levels rise a bit as the disruptors are taken offline, and shunts the power from the capacitors over to SIF until it's as strong as he can make it.

Istar@anncarise | The pilot does his top, tapping buttons frantically...

Istar@anncarise | The QanwI' just clears the radius of the implosion, though the shockwave still hits the ship, rocking the bridge violently. The shields collapse despite the reinforcing, but SIF manages to hold.

Istar@anncarise | Lights and consoles flicker, but a few seconds later everything is stable again.

[Local] Lexi@crystyll: "Nicely done"

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: "Shields down, but we are outta danger."

Egzo@HF_Mudd waits out those long moments before raising a fist in triumph. "HOO AH!"

Istar@anncarise | The Satri Captain shows back up on the screen after a second of static, "Must've been quite the opponent to give that ship of yours a run for its money."

[Local] Lexi@crystyll: "That's two-for-two. If this Hunter was grouchy before, he's going to be truly pissed when he downloads this time!"

[Local] Istar@anncarise: "Or, maybe...he'll think you were caught in the singularity and killed."

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: "Yeah, well, with any luck our 'friend' got a line on where he went."

[Local] Lexi@crystyll: <C> "It's name was Relentless Hunter. A Nuhar construct that has taken to bounty hunting"

[Local] Istar@anncarise: "The signal went out before it went down. It's not gonna know what happened after."

[Local] Lexi@crystyll: <C> "And we just imploded it's second incarnation, that we know of" she grins

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: "And...they will come again, even smarter. If Scryer still wants to foot the bills."

Istar@anncarise | Satri Captain: "/That/ was Relentless Hunter? We've heard of it...pretty infamous ship. Not sure how much help our tech would've been against it, but glad to give you a hand, and return the -

[Local] Istar@anncarise: - favour your friends did for our people."

[Local] Lexi@crystyll: "Hopefully it will take some time at least for a new construct to be built. Assuming Scryer doesn't keep a warehouse full of spares..."

[Team] Sadia@gulremal: IT IS NOT IT'S FINAL FORM!

[Local] Lexi@crystyll: <C> "Your assistance was most valuable indeed, thank you"

[Team] Istar@anncarise: Hehe

Egzo@HF_Mudd tidies up his console, checking in with main engineering by intercom to confirm that the warp core isn't gonna explode or nothin'.

[Team] Istar@anncarise: Warp core is fine!

[Team] Istar@anncarise: and yeah, wanted some payoff with the reinforcements setup!

[Team] Istar@anncarise: but the Decen aren't gonna be really useful against modern ships, so this was my best idea!

[Team] Lexi@crystyll: a nice little insight into more of your worldbuilding from this adventure :)

[Team] Istar@anncarise: yeah!

[Local] Lexi@crystyll: "With that done though, we should return to Underworld. We have an appointment to keep, and he'd better have some good intel for us after that..."

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: "Hope we do get the Scryer's location from this, then we can see about stopping them for good.

Istar@anncarise | Satri Captain: "Well, watch your back. That construct's not called Relentless for nothing."

[Local] Lexi@crystyll: <C> "Tell me about it..." she grumbles

Istar@anncarise - END SCENE -
1 Like