8 Sep: Voyage home, part 1

KDF and allies escort the Widrab recovery team to the abandoned Widrab colony...


--

When: Sunday, Sep 8, Alpha-1

Audience: Klingon and allies

Event type: Social RP

Starting point: Starship bridge

OOC point of contact: @gulremal
Spoiler: Mission Log (part 1)Show
[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: <FX> KDF escort squadron gathers in the high orbit of widrab colony of Mal'laan, ready to escort a widrab recovery team to the abandoned widrab space. Ship commanders appear as holo-images on Egzo -

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: - bridge, which has become an kind of tradition as of late. Then are soon hailed by a massive cargo hauler vessel in their vicinity, and soon an holo-image of a familiar widrab (at least to some) -

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: - joins them on the bridge.

[Team] Plott DeVice@gulremal: so it's as usual, everyone is on their ship and we communicate via holos

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: <C-widrab> S.S. Rundari here, do you hear us?

[Team] Plott DeVice@gulremal: cargo hauler looks something like this:

[Team] Plott DeVice@gulremal: https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTzUn9yBvaG91w5-OrFLOaT0-jcphi9m5ehE6cDHZl54ni1uX0D

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: <C> Yeah, we hear ya. S'up?

[Team] Warhunter Ku'jho@Domarg: <C>Yesss, coming through clearly.

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: <C-widrab> Ah good, it seems all systems are a go. Seems that the ship is in a decent shape, as advertised.

[Team] Warhunter Ku'jho@Domarg: <C>Yesss, coming through clearly.

[Team] Warhunter Ku'jho@Domarg: grr, sorry, put that in local.

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: <C-widrab> High engineer Derem here. I think some of you might remember me from before, when Mal'laan joined the Empire, I was volunteered to Starbase 151 as part of support staff.

Egzo@HF_Mudd nods. <C> Yeah - looks like ya done all right for yourself.

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: <C> Course set, we're ready to warp out when you are.

[Tell] Plott DeVice@gulremal: also, Rundari means "runner" in nausicaan.

[Local] B'Atar@anncarise: <C> San'leth ready to go as well.

[Local] Lorri@crystyll: <C> We're good to go here

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: <C-Derem> Understood, we are moving away from the planet and jumping to warp 8. *turns to the side* This thing CAN achieve warp 8, yes?

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: <C> It should, if it's gonna live up to the name.

Egzo@HF_Mudd turns to the other images and explains, "'Rundari' means 'runner'. So it *should* be a fast ship, for a cargo hauler. Or some cutter wanted to think so."

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: <C-Derem> *nods after some chatter* Uh, seems we can go all the way up to warp factor 9.4. Far better than I expected for the rental of this size.

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: <C-Derem> Almost feels like a warship, with those defense turrets and all...

[Team] Plott DeVice@gulremal: remember, if you want to do anything, ping me either here or in the pms

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: <C-Derem> Anyhow, ready to jump to warp in 3,2,1...warp!

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: <C> Yeah, well... if we do get in a fight, better leave that to the real warships. You just keep movin', we'll handle the escort.

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: <C> Hag'lhr, acting!

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: <FX> Massive cargo hauler jumps to high warp.

[Local] Warhunter Ku'jho@Domarg: <C>Engage warp on essscort vector to cargo hauler. Engage.

[Local] B'Atar@anncarise: <C> Now that thing's bound to attract some attention. Let's see if the Breen or Tzenkethi bite...

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: <C-Derem> Warp core and drive stable, maintaining warp 8. So far, so good. And I hope for a peaceful expedition - for a change.

[Local] B'Atar@anncarise: <C> Peaceful's no fun! Fortunately, it's rarely the case in these parts...

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: <C-Derem> I'm not sure what the Council hopes to find...Nel'tok was the first colony to fall to the breen raiding, it's most likely thoroughly picked clean by them and scavengers in the last 15 years.

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: <C> Eh. Speakin' as a raider /and/ a scavenger, there's always stuff that's not valuable enough t' move, or won't fit in a little hold like we got.

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: <C> So it just gets left.

[Local] Warhunter Ku'jho@Domarg: <C> I'm sssure the G'Quan can fit sssome of thossse typesss of item, if needed.

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: <C-Derem> Nal'tok was the second only to The Betrayers in the industrial capacity, and they did have some breakthroughs in the fabrication miniaturization in the years before the fall.

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: <C> There ya go.

Egzo@HF_Mudd glances idly back at his officers, trusting that Shlaak or Kem will alert him if there are any new, possibly hostile contacts on sensors.

B'Atar@anncarise keeps San'leth's sensors peeled for any incoming ships as well.

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: <C-Derem> They could have something hidden in the lower levels of the capitol, though I'm not sur- eh? *turns to the side* What do you mean, autopilot has swi- *his image flickers and disappears*

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: *everyone's proximity alarms start blaring up*

Egzo@HF_Mudd sits up straight. <C> Rundari, this is Hag'lhr, come back.

[Local] Lorri@crystyll: "So much for a nice quiet day..."

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: Kem: They've cut the comms...and they're dropping mines!

Egzo@HF_Mudd curses as the alert siren goes off and the bridge lighting changes.

Warhunter Ku'jho@Domarg looks to his helm, "Engage cloak, yellow alert."

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: "Evasive!"

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: *egzo's screen shows the massive hauler releasing a load of smaller objects in all direction before disappearing!*

[Team] Plott DeVice@gulremal: everyone piloting rolls plox

[Emotes] Egzo@HF_Mudd: rolls 74 (1-100)

[Emotes] B'Atar@anncarise: rolls 83 (1-100)

[Emotes] Lorri@crystyll: rolls 100 (1-100)

[Team] Egzo@HF_Mudd: Rritt is on point, as usual. oooh, but.

[Team] Lorri@crystyll: because a giant carrier is obviously that manouverable xD

[Team] Egzo@HF_Mudd: She knows how to use it.

[Team] B'Atar@anncarise: Woooow

[Team] Egzo@HF_Mudd: (and overcome the inherent penalties.)

[Team] Warhunter Ku'jho@Domarg: sorry bout that.

[Emotes] Warhunter Ku'jho@Domarg: rolls 31 (1-100)

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: <FX> Hag'lhr, San'leth and Thana manage to maintain warp and evade s mine swarm. Unfrotunately G'Quan was not so lucky and mines pepper it's front shields, almost fully dropping them and burning out

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: - some secondary shield emitters, temporarily limiting their output to 50%. G'Quan is forced out of warp.

[Team] Plott DeVice@gulremal: it's not actualy combat, so you can still act freely

Warhunter Ku'jho@Domarg looks to his defense station."Emergency power to ssshieldsss! Get the warp drive back online!"

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: <C> Looks like we got us an automated hijackin'. But they're not /carryin'/ anything yet, so why...?"

[Local] B'Atar@anncarise: <C> Maybe they don't know the ship's empty. Or they just feel like blowing something up today."

[Team] Warhunter Ku'jho@Domarg: do I use a tech roll for those things?

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: <FX> G'Quan's crew gets to work, front shields are boosted by emergency batteries and go back up to 50%, chief engineer informs Ku'jho they'll be warp capable again in 3 minutes.

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: <C> Ku'jho, follow when you can. Everyone else, after that ship.

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: Shlaak: Boss, that ship has left warp immediately after they dropped mines...I should have them on sensors, they should be not far behind G'Quan, but I can't get a lock.

[Local] Warhunter Ku'jho@Domarg: <C> Affirmative, enroute three minsss.

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: "Cloak, too? Lovely."

[Tell] Plott DeVice@gulremal: you know, word rundari is very similar to undari, nausicaan word for cowards...

[Emotes] Warhunter Ku'jho@Domarg: rolls 92 (1-100)

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: <C> Drop to sublight, come about. Any tricks ya'll have for defeating cloaks, now's the time.

[Local] B'Atar@anncarise: <C> Either the Breen or Tzenkethi are getting sneakier, or this is something else...

Warhunter Ku'jho@Domarg looks to his weapons officer.."Fire at zero degreesss from the omni antichroniton tetryon beam. Any impactsss, target all weaponsss on that location and fire."

[Team] Plott DeVice@gulremal: everyone aside ku'jho trying to pinpoint the cargo hauler, gimme a sensor roll (or whatever trick you are tryng to do)

[Emotes] Lorri@crystyll: rolls 23 (1-100)

B'Atar@anncarise tries a simple tachyon scan to see if it will reveal any cloaked ships in the area.

[Emotes] B'Atar@anncarise: rolls 48 (1-100)

Lorri@crystyll is also performing a tachyon sweep

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: <FX> G'Quan opens fire from it's omni beam, but hits nothing.

[Local] Warhunter Ku'jho@Domarg: <C> We had a sssignal point one light year behind usss, but appearsss to be moving at warp nine.

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: <C> In what direction?

[Local] Warhunter Ku'jho@Domarg: <C> Behind the G'Quan, but sssensssorsss read a sssignature masssk of sssome kind.

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: <FX> San'leth and Thana perform tachyon sweeps, but no luck - no pings on their sensors.

[Local] Warhunter Ku'jho@Domarg: <C> We're getting a posssible galactic sssouth for heading, but no exact courssse due to the masssk.

Egzo@HF_Mudd rises and goes to Rritt's console, talking as he goes.

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: <C> Looks like they've doubled back. New course ... spread out, try to re-acquire.

Egzo@HF_Mudd 's Ferasan helmcat nods, laying in a new course in the general direction they just came.

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: <C> Once we go to warp, start scanning ahead with long-range sensors. That ship is running /to/ someone... they'll be waiting for their prize.

Warhunter Ku'jho@Domarg looks to his engineering station.."Warp ssstatusss?"

[Local] B'Atar@anncarise: <C> We're seeing nothing with tachyon sweeps. My people think they might be using something like the Thana's signature masking.

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: <G'Quan-engi> We are ready to go, captain.

Egzo@HF_Mudd nods, turning and stalking back to his command chair, taking his seat.

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: <C> Punch it.

Warhunter Ku'jho@Domarg look back to his helm.."Plot a sssearch pattern to match with Hag'Ihrsss, and sssenssorss compensssate for thisss masssk."

[Local] Lorri@crystyll: "We have enough vessels in formation that we can link systems to form a sensor net"

Egzo@HF_Mudd nods, and points to Shlaak to make it so.

[Team] Plott DeVice@gulremal: lorri, gimme coordination (diplo) roll

[Emotes] Lorri@crystyll: rolls 98 (1-100)

[Team] B'Atar@anncarise: Woooow

[Local] Warhunter Ku'jho@Domarg: <C> Agreed...'looks to his sensor station to link up.'

[Team] B'Atar@anncarise: Good rolls today!

[Team] Lorri@crystyll: they won't be there when i actually need them now though heh

[Team] Egzo@HF_Mudd: That's what the reroll is for.

[Team] Egzo@HF_Mudd: Of course, the reroll will be "12" "5" :p

[Team] Lorri@crystyll: naturally

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: <FX> Using her coordination skills, Lorri manages to organize ad-hoc sensor network, using Thana's advanced sensor suites as central hub to boost everyone's sensor power and range.

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: <FX> Soon, a muffled high-warp energy signal is detected, heading towards galactic south past previous True Way space into neutral area of Zenas Expanse...

Warhunter Ku'jho@Domarg looks sharply at his tactical station..."Sssharp eyesss, I want a good ssshot."

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: <FX> Signal is almost 0,4 LY away, going at warp 9,3. While bigger vessels like Thana and G'Quan can maintain such speed for a extended periods, birds of prey will need some engineering or sciencing -

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: - to keep up!

[Team] Plott DeVice@gulremal: I do note there's more options, didn't mean to be misleading...

[Team] B'Atar@anncarise: *grapples onto the Thana for a free ride*

[Team] Plott DeVice@gulremal: but you do need to figure them out :)

[Team] B'Atar@anncarise: hehe

[Team] Plott DeVice@gulremal: damn

[Team] Plott DeVice@gulremal: they're onto me!

Egzo@HF_Mudd thumbs his armrest. "Norvan, we're gonna have to keep up this sprint a bit longer. Watch those engines close... we can take our time headin' back.

[Emotes] Egzo@HF_Mudd: rolls 89 (1-100)

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: <FX> San'eth grapples Thana and gets inside it's warp field...

[Team] Egzo@HF_Mudd: Egzo hires good talent and makes sure his ride is in fine tune :)

[Local] B'Atar@anncarise: <C> Just tagging along, don't mind me!

[Local] Warhunter Ku'jho@Domarg: <C> Hag'Ihr we can tractor to asssisst.

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: <C> Negative. Don't like bein' dragged at warp. We're fine for now.

[Local] Warhunter Ku'jho@Domarg: <C> Only asss an option.

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: <FX> Hag'lhr's techs are used to this from old pirate days of blockade running, and retune to core as needed, but they do warn Egzo he has 6 hrs tops, unless he wants to look for new core.

Egzo@HF_Mudd listens to both holo and intercom, and answers both with a curt, <C> Got it.

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: <FX> Squadron gains slowly on the cargo hauler...

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: <C> Like you said, eyes sharp. We need t' know what's up ahead, waitin'.

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: Shlaak: Boss, we are getting a weak sssignal from the hauler...it's some kind of code...just a moment...

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: Shlaak: Got it...putting on ssscreen...


[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: *message appear on screen* DEREM HE -..- OST CONTROL OF -..- BOTS APPEARED FROM THE HIDDEN ALCOV -..- HULL. CREW DISABLED, NOT DE -..- OTS GATHERING CREW IN MAIN CARGO H -..- IDING IN THE VENTS.

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: -..- ACH OMPUTER CORE AND FORCE SHU -..- RRY.

Egzo@HF_Mudd nods. "Track that signal, best you can. And send in reply: 'Copy, on our way.'"

Egzo@HF_Mudd observes to the rest of the squadron, <C> This has Mara's sticky fingerprints all over it, doncha think?

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: <C> Droids? Stealin' ships?

[Local] Warhunter Ku'jho@Domarg: <C>Posssible to ussse a tractor?

[Local] B'Atar@anncarise: <C> Definitely looks that way to me too.

[Team] Plott DeVice@gulremal: you're too far away fro tractor...most of the ships systems like weapons and other weapon-like gear has a general range of 50-100k km, which is waaaay below LY range.

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: <C> First we'd have to find 'em, and then I doubt that hacked autopilot'll be cooperative.

Egzo@HF_Mudd shakes his head.

[Local] Warhunter Ku'jho@Domarg: <C> Any ability to do a remote hack?

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: Shlaak: Messsage signal corresssponds with the warp sssignature we are tracking...pity we can't hold cloak and sssurprissse whoever is behind thisss.

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: "Not at this speed, no. Norvan's doin' all he can just t' keep the coils from meltin'."

[Local] Lorri@crystyll: "If we had a stronger comm link and could cut through their signature masking then maybe"

Egzo@HF_Mudd mutters, "Reactor's gonna need a full teardown after this, whatever happens..."

[Team] Plott DeVice@gulremal: we'll, let's see how derem is doing...

[Emotes] Plott DeVice@gulremal: rolls 17 (1-100)

[Team] Egzo@HF_Mudd: No joy. :p

[Team] B'Atar@anncarise: Mysti stole his spots

[Team] B'Atar@anncarise: hehe

[Team] Plott DeVice@gulremal: Scene cuts to Derem sneaking past camera...5 seconds later Derem runs back way he came, followed by huge spider-bot...

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: <FX> Almost an hour later, squadron is slowly catching up with the cargo hauler, dropping the distance to 0,2 LY...

[Team] Plott DeVice@gulremal: **sensor rolls plox

[Emotes] Warhunter Ku'jho@Domarg: rolls 31 (1-100)

[Emotes] Lorri@crystyll: rolls 37 (1-100)

[Emotes] B'Atar@anncarise: rolls 91 (1-100)

[Team] Warhunter Ku'jho@Domarg: A sensor wut..lawl wuts a sensor..

[Team] B'Atar@anncarise: I /always/ do well on the sensor rolls on B'Atar

[Team] B'Atar@anncarise: even though she has nothing to do with science haha

[Emotes] Egzo@HF_Mudd: rolls 13 (1-100)

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: <FX> G'Quan and Thana detected that the cargo hauler has just entered uncharted system and has dropped outta warp. Masking is still on and they lose the signal, even with the sensor network. Hag'lhr -

[Team] Egzo@HF_Mudd: yyyeah, I'll just let the others handle this.

[Team] Egzo@HF_Mudd: and by 'others', I mean B'Atar.

[Team] Warhunter Ku'jho@Domarg: Good call on that statement

[Team] B'Atar@anncarise: Hehe

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: - the same. However, whoever was handling sensors on San'leth is obviously gunning for promotion, was on heavy raktajino infusions or just had luck, as they managed to keep the energy signal, and -

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: - shares it with other vessels.

[Team] Egzo@HF_Mudd: Well, they were being carried along, and probably had power to spare for sensors, unlike the rest of us. :p

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: <FX> System itself is fairly simple, a single brown dwarf, two L class almost habitable planets in the inner system area and one gas giant in the outer system, and according to the signal, cargo hauler

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: - is heading towards it at full impulse.

[Team] B'Atar@anncarise: Hahaha true

[Team] Plott DeVice@gulremal: what do you do folks :)

Warhunter Ku'jho@Domarg looks to science station.."Analyssiss of gasss giant."

Egzo@HF_Mudd contacts engineering again. "Secure from warp, get ready for a fight."

[Emotes] Warhunter Ku'jho@Domarg: rolls 20 (1-100)

B'Atar@anncarise tries to determine if there's anyhting interesting with the gas giant either, looking for stations in orbit or ships nearby.

[Emotes] B'Atar@anncarise: rolls 35 (1-100)

[Team] Warhunter Ku'jho@Domarg: ok sensors is not my day..."Wilson Fire Somebody!"

Lorri@crystyll also focuses scans on the gas giant

[Emotes] Lorri@crystyll: rolls 58 (1-100)

[Local] B'Atar@anncarise: <C> We're seeing something in orbit, probably an outpost station. Looks like it just popped on sensors too.

[Team] Egzo@HF_Mudd: also, reading back a bit in the log, my guess is that B'Atar knows she's **** for science, and has found a /really good/ person to run that and sensors. :)

[Team] B'Atar@anncarise: That or maybe the new BOP model just has really good sensors hehe

[Local] Lorri@crystyll: "We have a dozen energy signatures breaking orbit and look to be on an intercept course. They know we are here."

[Local] Lorri@crystyll: "ETA 1 minute. Reading as spherical objects, destroyer sized. Shields are raised and they are charging weapons."

[Team] Plott DeVice@gulremal: they look similar to this, but NOT this: https://gamepedia.cursecdn.com/sto_gamepedia/thumb/8/84/Edoulg.png/260px-Edoulg.png?version=aed5c6022d20935938cb1064a00a012c

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: <C> More drone ships, probably.

Egzo@HF_Mudd orders, "Cloak us and angle for a good shot."

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: <FX> Dozen spherical objects rushes past the cargo hauler right towards the KDF and allies...

Warhunter Ku'jho@Domarg .."Tactical prepare to decloak and unload firssst sssalvo at lead ssship."

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: Shlaak: they are acquiring sensor locks!

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: -- CLIFFHANGER --