9 Aug: The internal enemy never sleeps, part 1

The KDF and allies are on their shore leave, but for those that crave action there's always something to do. Councillor Lagos of the House of Woldan has called for ship captains with a modicum of discretion and a great appetite for battle...

--

When: Sunday, Aug 9, Alpha-1

Audience: Klingon and allies

Event type: Social RP

Starting point: Risa summer event map

OOC point of contact: @gulremal
1 Like
Spoiler: Mission logShow
[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: <FX> After you arrival on Risa, you received a call for a meeting from Councillor Lagos' aide. Meeting spot is a small beach bar on one of less frequented islands. Bar is mostly empty save -

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: - four more klingons who are trying to not look like bodyguards. As you enter, Lagos recognizes you and calls you over to join him at his table...

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: Lagos: There you are! *motions them all* Come on, grab a drink and join me! There's lot to discuss.

Istar@anncarise keeps an eye on the bodyguards as she steps over to the table, "Might wanna give your boys some stealth fields or quick makeup. Unless they're just the obvious ones, and you got others looking -

[Local] Istar@anncarise: - over ya?"

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: Lagos: Don't you worry about that, this place is well secured. Almost a pity, it would be fun to have a fight or two.

Istar@anncarise chuckles, "Ya never know what could happen."

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: Lagos: I guess I should have rented that isolated tower again, seems that place attacts a lot of troublemakers.

Egzo@HF_Mudd approaches from the bar, carrying a tall glass of something ridiculously colorful and trying to drink (or sip) around the fruit wedge and little umbrella.

Istar@anncarise peers over at Egzo, "What is that..."

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: "I dunno, but they said it was the strongest thing they had."

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: Lagos: *nods to Egzo* Good to see so many of you showing interest...but if you're just for free drinks, I'll understand *grins*

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: "And I know how it looks, but here, take a sniff."

Istar@anncarise takes a sniff curiously.

Egzo@HF_Mudd holds it out to Istar. Sure enough, you could probably set the fumes coming off it afire.

[Local] Istar@anncarise: "Woah. Okay, that's probably pretty strong."

Istar@anncarise chuckles, "I guess everything's pretty here. If ya ordered a glass of bloodwine I bet they'd somehow make it rainbow coloured..."

[Team] Egzo@HF_Mudd: Those are the /really dangerous/ drinks. Look like sherbert, have enough booze in 'em to knock you on your ASS.

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: Lagos: It's a stark change from the usual klingon greyness, that's for sure.

Egzo@HF_Mudd plucks the fruit wedge from the rim and chews, discarding the umbrella as well. (He tries to pitch it over the railing, but it just tumbles and flutters to the tile floor.)

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: "So. Whatcha got for us this time?"

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: Lagos: Hah! Well, stuff's almost as dangerous as Great House politics. Say, what do you know about the current situation on Qo'nos?

[Local] Istar@anncarise: "Not much, personally, but I'm no Tabadi. Last I heard things were pretty tense after your Chancellor wouldn't fight the Hur'q, wasn't it?"

Egzo@HF_Mudd nods to Istar, taking his first real gulp of the tropical drink... and actually rocking back on his heels a moment later, blinking.

Istar@anncarise grins at Egzo's reaction, "That strong, huh?"

Egzo@HF_Mudd nods, but doesn't seem to mind, judging from his second (slightly more careful) pull.

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: Lagos: Well, to say tense is an understatement. But at least J'mpok was smart enough to allow the volunteer force to assist the Alliance in the gamma quadrant. And your task force did participate -

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: - after a smiliar meeting - the one that started with a fight against the mercs sent by J'mpok's supporters.

Egzo@HF_Mudd nods, recalling that much at least.

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: Anyhow, J'mpok didn't make many friends by staying away from the fight against one the most hated enemies of the Empire - even when it turned they were just a failed pawn of the Dominion.

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: And now, we have J'ula, a blast from the past, stirring up more trouble.

[Local] Istar@anncarise: "J-who?"

Egzo@HF_Mudd looks similarly clueless.

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: Lagos: J'ula was the leader of the House of Mokai in the 23rd century. She was presumed dead after she tried to use some kind of superweapon during the first real conflict between Federation and Empire.

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: Lagos: Not much is known about the specifics, but it would seem whatever she did, shifted her forward to our time. And now she's on some kind of crusade to "make the Empire great again". Bah!

[Local] Istar@anncarise: "That sounds like it could cause problems..."

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: Lagos: You can bet. The last thing Empire needs now is another civil war. J'mpok has tried to silence her, but she's a cunning one.

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: Lagos: However, there's no way she'd survive for this long unless she had support from the inside. And that's very probable, considering J'mpok's decisions didn't sit well with many conservative Houses.

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: Lagos: The High Council is in turmoil regarding the situation, especially since the matter of reinstatement of the House of Mokai was brought up for the discussion.

[Local] Istar@anncarise: "Reinstatement?"

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: Lagos: Some of even calling for Martok to "reclaim" his position as a Chancellor.

Egzo@HF_Mudd snorts. "I dunno he even wants it. Not that they care."

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: Lagos: Yes, House of Mokai was officially dissolved two decades ago when their last heir was killed by House of B'vat.

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: Lagos: But with J'ula's sudden re-appearance, many are calling that this decision be revised. Even with J'mpok's refusal, if she gets enough support, she could challenge the decision.

[Local] Istar@anncarise: "Politics, always so many layers of complexity, even with Klingons."

Egzo@HF_Mudd nods, sipping his deceptively dangerous drink as he listens.

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: Lagos: But one thing is certain: d'k'tahgs are being sharpened, and if anything is certain in Klingon politics, if situation doesn't de-escalate soon, lots of blood will be shed.

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: Lagos: And that brings me to the reason why I called you here.

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: Lagos: I do not like J'ula. All this time travel sounds like a lot of targ crap, and she could as well be an foreign agent sent to destabilize the Empire. She speaks the word that many klingons want -

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: - to hear, but so did J'mpok, and he was forced to make many unpopular decisions - it's just the reality of running a large empire.

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: Lagos: There's no way J'mpok will step down from his position, so we will have a civil war if J'ula is allowed to operate without -

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: - impunity.

Egzo@HF_Mudd nods again, and suggests, "Could be she was grown in a vat somewhere, another 'hero' outta the past, like 'Emperor' Kahless."

[Local] Istar@anncarise: "Maybe. Wonder who'd do such a thing, though..."

Egzo@HF_Mudd shrugs. "Who stands t' gain from a civil war, or a return to the Empire before the alliance? Or thinks they might?"

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: "Same question even if this J'ula's legit."

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: Lagos: Dominion, for starters. And some very conservative Houses, who were supportive of J'mpok when he kicked off the war with the Federation.

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: Lagos: In any case, I will do what I can to stop her from causing more problems. Empire needs time to recover it's economy, not another wasteful conflict.

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: Lagos: My scouts have located what we believe is one of J'ula's hidden bases in the Servin system. That place was a hotbed for the Syndicate activity for a while, but it would seem they were chased -

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: - out by J'ula and her supporters.

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: Lagos: She's most likely using the illegal mining facilities for her own needs. I want you to go there and shut down this operation. If you can get more data on J'ula's other schemes, good, but -

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: - but shutting that place down for good is a priority.

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: Lagos: Commander N'torom and his scout wing will meet you at the outskirts of the system and provide whatever assistance you need.

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: Lagos: What do you say?

[Local] Istar@anncarise: "I've heard of the place. I'm all for shutting it down, ancient Klingon leader or no. If it means the Syndicate won't get it back, sounds like a good thing to me."

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: Lagos: You will be properly compensated for your efforts, I have already sorted out that part with captain Cynis.

Egzo@HF_Mudd nods. "Yeah, she told us."

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: Lagos: Do you have any questions before I depart?

Egzo@HF_Mudd drains the mostly-melted dregs of his glass and gives a final shudder before shaking his head. "Your man N'torom'll have the deets on site, ya say?"

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: Lagos: Yes. I decided not to bring any info with me for security concerns. J'ula has a lot of spies and covert supporters, so you can never be careful enough.

Egzo@HF_Mudd nods again.

[Local] Istar@anncarise: "Sounds like we're all set to go, then."

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: Lagos: I am looking forward to your glorious account of victory.

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: Lagos: Stay here for a bit, enjoy the drinks. Maybe I will still be here when you return, we can have a proper feast then.

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: Qapla'! *he salutes and leaves the bar*

Egzo@HF_Mudd casually waves bye.

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: <FX> Bodyguards follow soon after, leaving you alone in the place, save the bartender who breathes a barely audible sigh of relief*

Egzo@HF_Mudd gestures to the bartender as well, and points to his empty glass, indicating he'd like another of those.

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: -- SCENE END --
1 Like