9 May: The Rhombus, part 1

KDF and allies are investigating a theft of the task force operational data…

Shift Time: Sunday, May 9, Alpha -1

Audience: KDF and allies

Event Type: Bridge RP

Starting Point: Starship bridge

GM: @gulremal

Mission Log

[Local]Sadia@gulrema:<FX> Almost a day has passed since the battle in the bunker. With the structure, star system and stolen industrial replicators secured, team convenes to discuss the situation.

[Local]Sadia@gulrema:her holo-image flickering “Is this thing working?”

Egzo@HF_Mud paces irritably around Hag’lhr’s small sickbay, trying not to lean on things too obviously or frequently.

[Local]B’Atar@anncaris:“I hear you, Captain.”

Egzo@HF_Mud waves a hand. “Eh, 'sfine.”

[Local]Egzo@HF_Mud:| Athabar, Egzo’s Klingon doctor, is trying to work at her desk in the background. Now and then she glances up at the captain(s), but mostly keeps to her own business.

[Local]Sadia@gulrema:looks at Egzo suspiciously I read the preliminary report. Seems you guys stepped on a landmine in there.

[Local]Egzo@HF_Mud:That’s about the only thing we /didn’t/ step on. In. Whatever.

[Local]Sadia@gulrema:“Will you need additional medical help?”

[Local]B’Atar@anncaris:“Was a Klingon base, after all, not a pirate hideout. They were being unusually shady, but they still put up a good fight like any Klingon would.”

Egzo@HF_Mud grumbles, “I’m /fine/.”

Egzo@HF_Mud winces and leans on a biobed. Just for a second.

[Local]Sadia@gulrema:to B’atar “The appearances of those defenders definitely points to Mo’kai agents. grumbles And it seems they are working along with House K’lek officers. That’s… troublesome, but not completely unexpected.”

[Local]Sadia@gulrema:“Anyhow, you actions down were commendable, and I’m glad you survived that deathtrap. Getting the replicators back is just a bonus. If I knew what was waiting down there I’d just tell you to nuke the place from orbit.”

[Local]Egzo@HF_Mud:“No kiddin’.”

[Local]B’Atar@anncaris:“Do we have any idea what these K’lek officers were doing?”

[Local]Sadia@gulrema:shrugs “K’lek turning on KDF was definitely a surprise, but we are not your ‘standard’ KDF outfit. House K’lek are hardline traditionalists bordering on reactionary. They despise all non-klingons, even non-nobles holding any kind of rank, gods-forbid actually running a task force. We are a sore sight to them, so anything that will weaken our position is a plus to them.”

[Local]Sadia@gulrema:“Of course, there’s more to it, on a personal level. I was serving under a lesser House that was their ally. Once that House was dissolved, K’lek took over their holding and threw out all non-klingons.”

[Local]Egzo@HF_Mud:“Yeah, I know the type.”

[Local]Sadia@gulrema:“I always considered they were behind the entire plot, and wasn’t really silent about it. To say that we are on bad terms is an understatement.”

[Local]Egzo@HF_Mud:"Part of why I’m out here, on the edge, not back in the core worlds.

[Local]B’Atar@anncaris:“They were working with Gorn and mercs here. But guess there’s only so many Klingons willing to work from the shadows like that.”

[Local]Sadia@gulrema:shrugs “K’lek are also supporting J’ula’s demand for an audience with the High Council. I guess they are helping her rebuild her military might.”

[Local]Egzo@HF_Mud:“So what now? What’s our - hn - next move?”

[Local]Sadia@gulrema:“Regarding this situation? Nothing. Just earlier I had a long chat with the Imperial Intelligence agent. It seems that whoever set up that additional surveillance on the bulk freighter was their agent.”

[Local]B’Atar@anncaris:“That explains all the footage. They were expecting the freighter to get hit then?”

[Local]Sadia@gulrema:- and they got caught in the crossfire. The reports are now all classified and we are not to pursue Korrda and her goons."

Egzo@HF_Mud snorts. "Fine. She can be /their/ problem.

[Local]Sadia@gulrema:to B’atar “I don’t think so, and my contact didn’t care to disclose the reason they had the agent there. I guess it was something else and poor bastard was at the wrong place in the wrong time.”

[Local]Sadia@gulrema:"Anyhow, I’m sending additional ships and a freighter to pick up the replicators. I’ll have to get mining equipment from elsewhere - guess it’s time to pay Mors Combine a visit. You guys regroup and focus on the next problem down the line - The Rhombus Group.

Egzo@HF_Mud nods.

[Local]B’Atar@anncaris:“Right, the calling card group.”

[Local]Sadia@gulrema:“Did some digging around, but not much luck there. Though there were two surviving members of the group.”

[Local]Sadia@gulrema:“Aside from the orion male called Spade, there is a Ktarian female called Phara. We tracked her to Ferenginar, and now she works as cybersecurity expert for the owners of the Ferengi Futures Exchange.”

[Local]B’Atar@anncaris:“Want us to head there and see what we can find?”

[Local]Sadia@gulrema:“She’s working there under a false name, and her employers were unwilling to disclose any information. But our own experts managed to dig up some files from her recruitment process.”

[Local]Sadia@gulrema:“According to these files, she survived because she was at the late stage of pregnancy and she wasn’t able to participate in whatever heist the old Rhombus Group was doing where they met their end.”

[Local]B’Atar@anncaris:“Anything on the Orion and why he survived? Or where he is now?”

[Local]Sadia@gulrema:“After she heard about the fate of her allies, she fled to the alpha quadrant with her child and was in hiding for a while until she finally landed the job with FFE. They keep her under tight security - we believe she’s a dead end.”

Egzo@HF_Mud hrms but nods

[Local]Sadia@gulrema:“Spade? Last info puts him on that hole of Nimbus III. With the fall of the Undying that place is in a state of constant flux - Syndicate, romulan crime cartels, ferengi “privateers” - all are fighting for their piece of criminal cake there. Good place to get lost - one way or another.”

[Local]Sadia@gulrema:“Heck, I heard even Gorn rebels have their hideout there.”

[Local]B’Atar@anncaris:“Sounds like one big mess…”

[Local]Sadia@gulrema:to Aestae You girls have any eyes down there? Someone to help you track that guy once you are groundside?"

[Local]Egzo@HF_Mud:“Yeah, but that’s where the best action is, sometimes.” He manages a grin.

[Local]Aestae Vali@crystyl:“Not really a part of the galaxy I tend to frequent, I’m afraid”

[Local]Egzo@HF_Mud:“Me either, but I know /that/ type too.”

[Local]Egzo@HF_Mud:“Heard the stories, 'n so on.”

[Local]Sadia@gulrema:“Well, unless I manage to find someone out there who owes me a favor, I’ll have to get Bara to haul her ass there and prepare for your arrival.”

[Local]Sadia@gulrema:“She was born in that hellhole, so she would at least know how to move around without attracting attention.”

Egzo@HF_Mud grunts and nods.

[Local]Sadia@gulrema:“If you also wish to check on the Ktarian woman, she now goes by the name of Elani. She lives in a highly secured corporate district, Latinum Heights on the outskirts of Ferengi capital. I guess she’s working remotely from home. However, exact location, security detail etc. is not known at this time.”

[Local]Sadia@gulrema:to Aestea “Also, there’s that Tal Shiar connection you mentioned during the last staff meeting. If the main Rhombus team did run afoul of the Tal Shiar, Tal Shiar should have reports about this in their databases. Now this is a far stretch, but there’s good chance those cockroaches have their own presence on Nimbus. Their old base is in ruins, but old habits die hard.”

Aestae Vali@crystyl nods, “I wouldn’t be surprised to find them lurking around there.”

Egzo@HF_Mud nods also.

[Local]B’Atar@anncaris:“So we look into Nimbus as our main lead, then?”

[Local]Sadia@gulrema:“I do know some of former Tal Shiar security officers are now working as freelance merc group from Drozana. Not a big lead, but they might know something.” shrugs “Not a lot to go on, but that’s what I have for now.”

[Local]Sadia@gulrema:“Of course, I leave it up to you to pursue this as you wish. If I find any other information pertinent to this case, I’ll let you know ASAP.”

Egzo@HF_Mud nods again

[Local]Sadia@gulrema:“You guys have any question, some ideas I should look into while you’re on your way?”

Aestae Vali@crystyl shakes her head, looking to the others

[Local]Egzo@HF_Mud:“Not right now.”

B’Atar@anncaris shakes her head as well, “We’ll check out the leads we got, see where that leads us first.”

Egzo@HF_Mud mutters, then speaks up again: “Doc wants t’ keep me here for the rest of the day… hate not bein’ on the bridge, but I can’t show my face there like this.”

[Local]Egzo@HF_Mud:“Someone’d take a poke at me, and then I’d prolly have to kill 'em.”

Egzo@HF_Mud shrugs. Just how things are.

[Local]Sadia@gulrema:nods “Relief squadron and freighter with supplies should arrive by the end of the day. Take whatever supplies you need and head out when you’re ready. Good hunting.” her holo-image flickers and shuts down

[Local]Sadia@gulrema:-- SCENE END –

1 Like