A tip from a friend

To: Noah Sideris (@Calyx)
CC: -
Subj: A tip from a friend

TRANSLATION PROGRAM: ACTIVE

Hey there.

You don’t know me, and right now you don’t need to. I have a gift for you. I hope you’ll consider it the beginning of a mutually beneficial friendship.

There’s a Klingon cargo vessel scheduled to make port at your Deep Space 13 in the next few days carrying some very special toys: Isolytic Subspace Warheads. If they sound familiar, it’s because they’re banned under the Khitomer Accords.

Unless it’s stopped, the shipment will be taken to a House Sorzal shipyard. I don’t think either of us want those dangerous weapons loose in Klingon space during these turbulent times, would we? Oh, the thought just makes me shiver.

The ship’s name is the K.C.S. Mag’dao, a Tong’Duj-class freighter. But unless they’re absolute idiots they’ll scramble that and their transponder code en-route. Don’t worry, attached to this message you’ll find a highly detailed emissions profile of their warp core. That big fancy Starbase of yours must have some pretty powerful sensors, right? Point them at all the inbound freighters of the same class and you’ll be on them like wing-slugs in a firepot.

Don’t bother trying to respond to this message, it’ll bounce back. Everything you need is right here. If it works out, I’ll be in touch.

//SIGNED//
Your New Best Friend

//ATTACHMENT// Emissions_Profile.dat

4 Likes

To: CAPT Varley, L.
CC: -
Subj: Information

Captain,

I received an anonymous communication suggesting that a freighter carrying a cargo of Isolytic Subspace Warheads will be docking with DS13 in the next few days. The communication included the emissions profile of the potential target to make a positive identification.

If this proves accurate, I can coordinate with Security to detain the vessel and notify the appropriate personnel in the Klingon diplomatic corps. Regardless of how that shakes out, it’s going to be a bumpy ride.

I’ll report anything we find.

//SIGNED//
CMDR Noah Sideris
Chief Intelligence Officer, Deep Space 13
38th Fleet ‘Argo’

2 Likes

To: CMDR Sideris, N.
CC:
Subj: Re: Information

That’s one hell of an anonymous tip.

It could be a trap to make us look like we’re playing favourites with the houses, but we do have the authority to investigate possible breaches of the Khitomer Accords.

Use the emissions profile as planned, and assuming you do find a match maybe we can conjure up a reasonable excuse for a spot-check of their cargo hold. I’m sure you agree that we should avoid accusing them of smuggling subspace weapons as soon as we see them.

//SIGNED//
Captain Lauren Varley
Commanding Officer, Deep Space 13
38th Fleet ‘Argo’

2 Likes