AAR | Another Day Another Survey

SUBMITTED:
Stardate 96372.7
FILED BY:
CMDR O'Dara, H
SECURITY:
Level 2 - Confidential

LOCATION: USS Brahe, Uncharted Space (Initially) - Sector ALB-8739-B, 4th Planet (M-Class, local designation unknown)

MISSION: Redirected from a mineral survey to locate the USS Hermes and her crew.

OUTCOME: USS Hermes Successfully scuttled, all but one of her crew crew recovered. Prime Dicrective upheld.

KEY PERSONNEL:
CPT. Zaliel Sel
CMDR. Hannah O'Dara

LCDR. Zani Tiahl
LT. K'Nia
LT. Iola Cirova
LT. Salek Lovet

ADM Dmitri Konieczko (Holo Communication)

ENS Toodles (NPC)
CRM Lauren (NPC)
SEC-ENS Ricky (NPC)
NURSE Kellye (NPC)

NARRATIVE: Following a priority message from Admiral Konieczko; The USS Brahe was diverted from her mineral survey to investigate the disappearance of the SS Hermes, a civilian anthropological ship studying a pre-war civilization on the 4th planet in the ALB-8739-B System.
(Species: Laq'darins. Development: Analogous to late 21st Century Earth).

Upon entering the system, approximately 4 and a half hours after receiving her orders, the USS Brahe took position behind an L-Class moon orbiting the 4th Planet. After continuous scans of the system and the 4th planet; the Brahe detected an automated distress signal from the Hermes originating from the southern hemisphere of the 4th planet, as well as Laq'darin; orbital stations, communications arrays, and forces closing in on the crashed Hermes.

Failing to determine the status of the crew or cause of the crash, an away team consisting of CMDR O'Dara, LCDR. Tiahl, LT. K'Nia and CRM Lauren beamed to the location of the crash to recover any information pertaining to the missing scientists or the events leading to the Herme's crash, as well as scuttle the ship if it could not be recovered.
Following the preliminary investigation by the away team; one of the scientists was located, dead, and it was determined by Commander O'Dara that the ship was beyond recovery due to critical failures in the ship's internal power and warp systems, rigging the ship to blow with 4 heavy-duty antimatter charges. Internal computer systems were recovered before detonation.
Only trace residuals of the Hermes recorded before beam out following its scuttling.

Aboard the Brahe; the remaining scientists were detected by LT. Cirova roughly 5km west of the Hermes, in search of water, with a contingent of the Laq'darins converging on their location. Thanks to the actions of LT. Lovet, the Brahe had suppressed all communication and erased or obfuscated all data pertaining to the Hermes and the science team, leading to LCDR. Tiahl, LT. K'Nia as well as a security detachment to be sent to subdue the local population, erase their memories, and secure the remaining scientists.

Following the stunning of all ground parties by the crew of the Brahe, the Laq'darin population were found to be resistant to standard memory wiping protocols. Following recommendations by Nurse Kellye, non-standard memory wiping protocols were enacted with the help of a strong alcohol/ethanol solution.

All away team personnel were safely beamed back aboard the Brahe and the surviving members of the science team were treated in sickbay. The Laq'darins' communications were monitored for 3 hours behind the L-Class moon before determining the Prime Directive was upheld.
Immediately departed system to Deep Space 13.

RECOMMENDATION: Debrief the science team and analyze all recovered computer cores to determine the cause of the SS Herme's crash. The damage sustained by the Hermes was substantial and undetermined by the Brahe.
Complete the mineral survey.

OOC: I hope this was detailed enough, as well as fun to read! I really enjoyed the event and I hope I didn't gloss over anything or anyone. Please let me know if you want anything amending!
5 Likes