AAR: Doza IV Genesis Survey

TO: Captain Coby Morton
CC: Fleet Captain Neema Peris - Engineering and Science Departments Deep Space 13
SUBJECT: Doza IV - Genesis Survey

Stardate: 91960.1

Captain,

The USS Troi returned to Deep Space 13 from the Doza System on stardate 91958.5. As expected we found the planet to be greatly unstable and I am afraid it deteriorated even faster than expected.

Four away teams were sent to the planet, including myself, and we were caught by sudden seismic activity that seemed to be the precursor to the planet’s destruction. As of this report, Doza IV no longer exists. While we did our best to avoid being in the middle of a fatal instability, a combination of interference from the planet (following) and a rather accelerated deterioration process did take us by surprise, but my crew handled the situation well.

We had one non-fatally wounded casualty, other than that, we all made it safe home, if a bit shaken (quite literally).

We managed to gather some samples. Most notably some of the plant life on Doza IV seemed to have electrical filaments going through them. After some preliminary inspection, the conclusion is that the “electricity” is entirely natural. Also now that the samples are not on the planet the glow has subsided. A theory is that they used the geothermic heat from the planet or that the reaction was somewhat akin to that of fireflies and it happens only in certain circumstances we haven’t yet determined.

Once on the planet we also made an encounter with some strange wolves. As you can imagine we were surprised to find animal life on a planet where Genesis was deployed. During the voyage back home we were able to analyse the scans from tricorders and it appears that my XO’s theory was correct - their metabolism and organs exhibited signs of deterioration. Whatever anomaly caused them to exist, it didn’t do a good job of keeping them alive.

Not that it would have mattered.

As I stated earlier our comms and sensors suffered interference from the planet. There was something we thought to be a resonance wave between the plants that might have jammed our systems, which in turn prevented our transporters from locking on us for some time. This became a problem when we realised that we couldn’t beam out whilst the earth began to shake us around like a Ferengi cocktail. As reported at the beginning, we did manage to escape when the transporters did eventually lock on us, although one of my crew suffered a leg injury.

I would like to get these samples and logs to our Science and Engineering teams on Deep Space 13 for further analysis.

One thing I can confirm is that there was no Borg technology left on the planet. Genesis is obviously able to overcome it, but I am afraid I wasn’t able to gain any better insight on how we could use a similar technology to revert Borg assimilation on a larger scale. It has only been a few hours since the mission however, and my crew, our scientists and engineers on Deep Space 13 might be able to come up with something in time.

I hope all this was worth something. It was my intention to make sure that what we lost wasn’t in vain and to somehow continue the efforts of those who are not with us anymore.

//SIGNED//

Kero Elan
Captain USS Troi
8 Likes