AAR: Duplication Inundation

Stardate:
Filed By:
CAPT Kermit, J.
Clearance:

LOCATION Xarantine Sector, Beta Quadrant

MISSION N/A, occurrence while in transit.

OUTCOME Uncontrolled replication of biomass halted, study and decon in progress.

KEY PERSONNEL

• CMDR Sedai
  • LCDR Kuvak
  • LT Castillo
  • LTJG Kholoi
  • ENS Sadaann

NARRATIVE During gamma shift, medical, science, and engineering personnel responded to reports of a pungent gelatinous biomass leaking into a corridor on Deck 6. The source was determined to be a malfunctioning replicator in Ensign Sadaann’s quarters. Apparently this material was replicated in sufficient quantity to fill the receptacle, and then the room, and eventually spilled out through the door into the hall. Power was cut to the replicator, putting an end to the material’s spread.

Strangely, sensors registered this biomass as a lifeform. Doctor Castillo collected a sample for further analysis, results pending. The remaining mass was transported to a containment chamber, prepared in Cargo Bay 1. Clean-up and decontamination of the affected area is underway, though likely to be a not insignificant undertaking.

RECOMMENDATION A first-hand account of how this incident began is not yet available, but a report from Ensign Sadaann is likely to prove enlightening. Further study of the biomass is indicated and underway. As it is unlikely that this material will be suitable for reconversion, regardless of the test results, it may be necessary for Reyga to restock raw material stores ahead of schedule, at our next port visit.

6 Likes
Stardate:
Filed By:
LTJG Kholoi
Clearance:

LOCATION Sadaann’s quarters, deck 6, U.S.S. Reyga

MISSION Unbork Sadaann’s replicator & debug what went wrong

OUTCOME My boy Sadaann voided the warranty hard

KEY PERSONNEL

• LTJG Kholoi (debugger)
  • ENS Sadaann (bugger)

NARRATIVE Since I was first on the scene when The Blob escaped Sadaann’s quarters, I got assigned to debug the issue and see what the hell happened. A level 1 diagnostic in hazmat gear while the cleaning crew tries to work around you is no picnic, especially after discovering that the sludge leaked into the system’s internals, but I was able to salvage the local mem core and gel packs for analysis.

It was clear right away that the system had been tampered with all over the place. Iso chips were reslotted or replaced, mat feeds were repiped to bypass safeties, OS was jailbroken with the shadiest Ferengi bootstrap soft I’ve seen since Denobula, no joke. I think this kid was trying to patch in holodeck code for some reason.

Best guess is he was trying to get around pattern restrictions to make something the rules don’t allow and didn’t stop when his first, second, third, or fourth workaround didn’t work. What’s left is such a crazy hodgepodge, I’m kinda impressed it was able to replicate anything at all.

RECOMMENDATION Let’s honor Sadaann’s first bricked replicator as an aspiring engineer by giving him all the raw feed plumbing assignments for the next few months. That way the next time he gets it in his head to repipe his replicator, he’ll know which way around to put the waveguide module.
​
RECOGNITION I think I deserve the rest of the day off.

OOC Thanks for running the event Sadaann!

7 Likes
Stardate:
Filed By:
ENS Sadaann
Clearance:

ADDENDUM

Lieutenant Castillo, fellow Ensign Aenki, and myself have moved the investigation forward. By the time I had been assigned to the investigation the Lieutenant and Aenki had already begun making progress into uncovering what the creature was. Ultimately, we had decided to cross-reference what we had with the theoretical lifeforms posed by those in the field of xenobiology and the life sciences.

The posited idea with the most similarity and resemblance to our very own would be a creature referred to as a “Haphazoid.” Proposed as a possible lifeform by xenoprotistologist, Serindra Xadd. With this, we had sought to contact her office, unfortunately, she had been away on business. However, upon hearing how our creature had several matching qualities to their proposed lifeform, the human male who had answered on her behalf became eager for us to meet the xenoprotistologist. We’ve received the coordinates to her scientific outpost and are awaiting orders from Captain Kermit.

2 Likes