Filed By:
CMDR Barron-Stern, Jessica
Clearance:

Unnamed Research Station, Trill Sector

MISSION
Locate/Capture Asset (Complete)
Deliver Asset to Contact (Complete)
Maintain Covert Status (Complete)

OUTCOME Success with acceptable casualties.

KEY PERSONNEL

• Cmdr. Jessica Barron-Stern [Operative]
  • Tovar Declan [Asset]
  • Detective Inspector Adros Merohl [Contact]
  • Grette Omel [Accomplice]

NARRATIVE
Instructed to locate and apprehend Trill Fugitive Tovar Declan, wanted for association with Terroristic Bombing of Trill Symbiosis Commission Facilities. Fugitive fled Trill Sector into Betazed Sector outside Trill Jurisdiction, located within Betreka Nebula attempting to reach sanctuary on Aokii III. Utilizing subterfuge, ā€˜rescuedā€™ Fugitive from heavily damaged Trill Police Skiff and sedated for transport. Initial assessment on target confirm participation in bombing, though ignorant of all details associated with. Agent Speculation: Target was scapegoat.

Delivered Target to agreed upon location with Contact Detective Inspector Adros Merohl. Immediately detected deception on Contactā€™s end, but unable to initially confirm suspicions. Uncovered contact had used SFI for operation outside Trill jurisdiction. Contact was working for cabal within Symbiosis Commission, to illegally transplant symbiont ā€œOmelā€ into Fugitive to act as mole. Agent was unable to stop process, as original Symbiont Host ā€œGretteā€ was willingly sacrificed prior to prisoner exchange.

Agent incapacitated contact, scrubbed all reference to SFI involvement, and collected data implicated associated Trill of their crimes before evacuation.

PERSONAL AMMENDMENTS
During the course of my duties, I had to make a call. Despite the deceptive nature of our contact, it was not enough for me to act upon in the moment due to the inherent deceptive nature of our work. Upon discovering that the asset was to be implanted with a symbiont to infiltrate the Blue Veil Terrorist Organization; my initial assumption was that this was an official Trill government sanctioned operation, in which, despite the moral query of said action, was not within my operational authority to dispute.

By the time I ascertained this was not a sanctioned operation, the Host ā€œGretteā€ had already been killed, and the symbiont ā€œOmelā€™sā€ life was in the balance. To ensure the success of operational parameters, I did not intervene in the implantation of the asset, with full understanding it would mean the ā€˜Deathā€™ of Tovar Declan. Due to the actions of our contact, the loss of two lives were out of my control. However, due to my choice, I was able to use the distraction of said operation to complete my tasks covertly, as well as secure hard evidence against all involved.

OOC This is a AAR for the Following Discord RPā€™s:

https://argo.ex-astris.net/t/duplicity-part-i/3305/2
https://argo.ex-astris.net/t/duplicity-part-ii/3319/2
https://argo.ex-astris.net/t/duplicity-part-iii/3322/2

Very special shout out to @Calyx for running this for me. It was very fun and engaging, and EXACTLY what I was hoping an Intel Based Character would be! Hope there is more to be had!

6 Likes