AAR: Fearless Testers

Stardate: 93609.1 Fearless TestersReport Submitted: LtJG Vokks, F.Classification Level: Level 1: Open

Proceeding from the efforts of the Science and Engineering departments of DS13, The crew of the U.S.S. Fearless departed the station tasked with testing possible ways of entering the "Potter's field Anomaly". I acted as Temporary Helmsman due to Captain Wilson's Helmsman being on leave for her pregnancy, but back to the mission at hand, Once we were clear to depart DS13 we made our way to the Anomaly at warp 6 I believe. Once there I was ordered to set us at a safe distance from the buoys, Once settled, we began downloading encounter data and ran diagnostics on the buoys, nothing came up on any of the sensors so we proceeded with the mission.

We began launching the shuttles, Roosevelt was first to go, Ops failed to activate the Warp shell on the shuttles, and it just disappeared, at first I and maybe even the captain though that- that was the reason the shuttle had just vanished, But it was also speculated that the size of the Anomaly was larger than we had anticipated which
seemed to be correct, We had prepared a Romulan Kestrel Runanbout, the RRW Serine to launched using it as a repeater to send into the field but with remote access, but it disappeared like the Roosevelt and failed to create a warp field, at the Serine's failure Ensign Yalul had slammed her fist against the console at which she was operating from. Then the Arkansas was prepped to launch, being launched the Arkansas' warp shell was activated almost immediately, like the rest, the the Arkansas had disappeared into the field, But Ensign Grax
was able to maintain remote access to the shuttle, however the warp field fluctuated and experienced a moderate power drain.

I brought up the question on what if there was any outside factor but was reassured that any outside involvement would be thwarted by the modifications made to the shuttle. We were able to discover that the shuttles once inside the Anomaly were isolated from the rest of space by which I mean that said shuttle wasn't able to pick up the Fearless or any of the other shuttles in the Field. Now after we had lost the Arkansas we had come to the realization that sending in another shuttle would be futile and a waste of times, so after discussing with DS13 Ops and of course ourselves, well to be honest I didn't really speak that much, We started for the Anomaly ourselves, dipping into the anomaly we created a rather risky plan of engaging in a tractor beam burst aimed at where we though the shuttles were, luckily we didn't lock onto any torpedoes or anything of the sort, but it was a little tedious when recovering the shuttles, three times we dipped into the anomaly, pulling out one shuttle each time. When in the anomaly there weren't any stars or planets, not even debris, it was just. . .Void, Despite that we were able to recover the shuttles and make our way home.

Officers Involved:
CMDR Wilson
CDR Tormillius
LCDR Moon
LtJG Vokks
ENS Grax
ENS Yalul
//SIGNED//
LtJG Folcrum Vokks
DS13, Security
10 Likes