AAR: Flip of a Coin (MU)

Stardate:
Filed By:
CAPT Varley, L.
Clearance:

LOCATION Dartius System, Doza Sector.

MISSION Assault and secure Dartius System research facility.

OUTCOME Costly success.

KEY PERSONNEL
ADM Perim, N., ISS Betazed
CAPT Varley, L., ISS Saratoga
LT Izly, J., ISS Birk
ISS Guy Fieri
ISS Cochrane
ISS Putin

Enemy vessel USS Endeavour (Ayesha)
Enemy vessel USS Dallas (Alexandria)
Enemy vessel USS Sunrise (Rose)
Enemy vessel USS Bark (Veneela)
Enemy vessel USS Moytura (Tyrstoc)
Enemy vessel USS Asimov (T’Valerius)

NARRATIVE A task force lead by the Betazed overran the enemy defenses in the Dartius system, where a Federation facility has long studied the ancient secrets of a group of extinct aliens. The strategic relevance of this information is, in my opinion, yet to be discerned. However, the foothold in the Dartius system is of obvious benefit to the Empire’s cause.

While surfaces on the ground were being engaged, enemy reinforcements arrived in attempt to re-establish orbital dominance of the facility. A very prolonged engagement followed, with both sides suffering heavy damage. Eventually our vigor proved greater, and the battle began to turn in our favour. Victory was nonetheless secured with a hefty cost in damages. The Battle of Dartius will not be soon forgotten by either side of this conflict.

RECOMMENDATION The ground site at this planet must immediately be studied to determine the worth of the information stored at this facility, and implement any tactical advantages it may grant us. Another large-scale engagement should be avoided while the battlefleet is repaired.
​
RECOGNITION Victory was not a certain thing this day, because the enemy is learning. I have no recognition to shower you with. Repair, recuperate, restore, and be a more capable soldier tomorrow.

OOC PvP isn’t everybody’s cup of tea, and that’s okay- but I want to give a big thankyou to everyone who showed up today to give it a try. For me, there’s no better way to inform the struggle our characters are immersed in as they fight tooth-and-nail against each other for every system in our database. Extra super duper thanks to Kermit for being our fearless leader of mayhem, building the tools to make this possible, and of course running the event itself. GG, argo!

6 Likes