AAR: In the Melting Pot

SUBMITTED:
Stardate 96134.3
FILED BY:
CPT G. Valencia
SECURITY:
Level 2 - Confidential

MISSION: Witness an archaeological exhibiton at a museum.

OUTCOME: Archaeology witnessed. Museum attacked and destroyed by Vol Ignii terrorists. All terrorists neutralised.

KEY PERSONNEL:
CAPT A. Nimitz
CAPT R. Korro
CAPT T. Anderson
ENS R. Mitsuki

CPT G. Valencia

SCDR Eviess t'Cyklaas

NARRATIVE: The above officers beamed down to a new museum that was currently being outfitted with archaeology found on the joint Federation-Vol Ignii Cultural Project. After looking at the artefacts on display, we were given a tour of the curator's office, where he showed artefacts that were not on display, mainly due to the fact that they were unable to place them within the civilisation's chronological record. It was at this point when we heard artefacts being broken and, rushing to the main hall in the museum, we saw eight (8) Vol Ignii breaking the exhibitions. Upon spotting us, they opened fire. This officer, who was armed, proceeded to provide cover for the other officers who were not armed, with the exception of Captain Nimitz who had one of his weaponised arms attached.

Although we were outnumbered, we were able to dispatch of the enemies with relative ease, though significant damage was caused to the museum and the structure. Captain Nimitz was also critically injured, and after this officer managed to disable a jamming field brought in by the Vol Ignii terrorists, we were able to contact the Endeavour and beam the Captain to sickbay. Captain Bishop then contacted us, saying that his meeting with the President of the Vol Ignii was disrupted by a message broadcast by a group called the "Cult of the Vol Ioks" who claimed revenge for the "rape of their cultural past".

Captain Bishop requested that we were beamed back to the Endeavour, and an exfil was completed.

RECOMMENDATION: The terrorist attack by the Cult of the Vol Ioks (CVI), is an attempt to force the Federation off the planet. This officer recommends that intel be gathered on this group and a strike force sent in to neutralise the Cult quickly before further terrorist attacks are carried out. Under no circumstances should we negotiate, or bow down to these terrorists; they must be dealt with swiftly and brought justice.

OOC: The AAR for the event "In the Melting Pot". Event logs available on request.
2 Likes

SUBMITTED:
Stardate 96136.6
FILED BY:
SCDR Eviess i-Ra'tleihfi t'Cyklaas
SECURITY:
Level 2 - Confidential

MISSION: Archaeological Event as a museum.

OUTCOME: Museum attacked and destroyed by Vol Ignii terrorists. All threats neutralized.

KEY PERSONNEL:
CAPT A. Nimitz
CAPT R. Kooro
CAPT T. Anderson
SCDR Eviess i-Ra'tleihfi t'Cyklaas
CPT G. Valencia
ENS R. Mitsuki

NARRATIVE: We arrived at the museum without a problem, walked around for a bit, looked at a few artifacts. Eventually we were called into the back to discuss some new find when both myself and CAPT Nimitz hear a crash in another room. The curator goes to the console and announces we're under attack. We make our way back to the front and several Vol Ignii are destroying artifacts. They attack us and we move to secure weapons from the museum displays (we weren't allowed firearms on the planet) and we neutralize all enemy targets. Nimitz is knocked down and loses significant blood. He's beamed out, Anderson and Kooro go to question the Curator, and I talk to Bishop. Bishop decides to recall the team and I collect everyone. We ended up beaming out and debriefing on the Endeavour.

RECOMMENDATION:
This officer holds the opinion that Captain Bishop is appeasing the local planetary government to such an extent that it will cause more problems than it will solve. Letting the planetary authorities investigate this entirely will leave the investigation open to subversive activities by this terrorist group. I recommend either a Federation or Starfleet investigation, or at least to send an attache to oversee the investigation in an effort to prevent or report interference.

OOC: I should've known looking at artifacts involves shooting.
1 Like