AAR: Korlackress First Contact (Kepler-42d)

Stardate: 92578.2Report Submitted: LTJG Kermit, JDelivered to: 38th\Command; LCDR Dara;

Shortly prior to Delta Shift, Lieutenant Commander Dara held a briefing for the First Contact Mission with the 'Spine Snakes' of Kepler 42-d. Since an in-person meeting was deemed too dangerous, on account of their orbital railgun, a communication probe was launched towards the system, with a specialized microwave radio transmitter, that would enable near-real-time audio communication.

Our initial greeting message was met with a simple yet baffling reply. "Are you Breelos?" Without any indication of who or what Breelos might be, we asked for clarification and our message was subsequently routed to an individual identified as Uklesh. In our initial conversation, it became clear that the 'Spine Snakes' had knowledge of other worlds prior to our accidental encounters with them. They identified themselves as The Spawn of Korlack, or Korlackress, and their world as Aurking. I would request that Federation records and starcharts be adjusted to reflect the proper name of the Aurking System and its inhabitants.

We explained that our mission was to establish peaceful, diplomatic, relations with other worlds, and the Korlackress representative agreed to take part. Because of the need for slightly differing environmental conditions, It was mutually decided that our next contact would involve a small delegation of Korlackress being allowed to board a Federation Starship to conduct negotiations and cultural exchange.

In closing, the Korlackress representative had this to say:
"I wish to see my race return to the stars and stop cowering in fear. I hope you can help us do that."

//SIGNED//
Lieutenant James Kermit
Operations Department
Deep Space Thirteen

Officers Involved:
CAPT Lazard, Marcus
LCDR Dara, Domol
LT Zehn, Nirali
LTJG Bida, Caelia
LTJG Kermit, James
7 Likes