AAR: Lab13 Borg

SUBMITTED:
Stardate 96577.4
FILED BY:
CMDR William Levesley
SECURITY:

Level 2 - Confidential

MISSION: Secure Lab 13 and establish threat posed to Station by borg drone

OUTCOME: Threat assessed. Born drone is unable to communicate with the collective. Liberation efforts will now proceed.

KEY PERSONNEL:
Captain Jebzei
CMDR Sekkhet - Officer of the watch
CMDR Levesley
CMDR Jarnefelt
​Lt Kara Blake
Ensign Vitra Lliu
Ensign Arisly

NARRATIVE:

An SOS signal was detected earlier today on the DS13 communication network.
This was quickly isolated by Ensign Arisly to Lab 13 - where a borg drone has been located for 4 months.

After security procedures were enacted and the deck made secure Commander Sakkhet gathered various officers in order to assess the situation and prepare a response.

In the briefing the origin of the drone was established (see attached AAR Link)

it had been in Lab 13 for four months and had again reached out on the starbase network sending an SOS.

After a discussion which covered questioning the time it had been left the gathered officers established the chief concerns: was the borg a threat, could it contact the collective, was it in communication with the collective.

Commander Sekkhet asked me to lead a security team to secure the lab and assess the situation. I entered the lab with Lt Blake and Ensign Lliu and the lab was secured quickly in good order. Ensign Arisly maintained a protective presence with Commander Janefelt.

Initial contact with the drone was attempted by me, with Lt Blake and Ensign Lliu maintaining overwatch in the event of hostile action by the drone. Contact was eventually made via morse code (suggested my Ensign Lliu) as that had been the drones initial method of reaching out.

Once the situation was secure Commander Jarnefelt approached and scanned the drone. Establishing that its Interplexing beacon was not present (it may have been damaged beyond repair prior to the mission to rescue it) and that the drone was not a threat Commander Janefelt took over and it was esablished the Drone would remain in the lab and a medical team would attempt to return it to some semblance of individuality to the best of their ability.

A security team will remain in the lab to keep an eye on things just in case.

RECOMMENDATION: The situation is secure. Though we should look into ensuring that this situation of something being left for 4 months does not happen again.

OOC: Levesley account. Fairly straightforward. I think I got those involved correct and spelt names correctly. Any errors let me know
7 Likes

SUBMITTED:
Stardate 96577.4
FILED BY:
ENS Vitra Lliu
SECURITY:

Level 2 - Confidential

REPORT ADDENDUM: At the request of the Chief Intelligence Officer, and as a matter of record, I'm offering this addendum as a secondary account of the events in question. The events as listed in the CIO's report are factually accurate, and complete. Based on the information given at the briefing, and the situation our team arrived to discover in the lab, it's this officer's opinion that there was a potential lapse in follow-up protocols, which could have be a major security threat to the station and its personnel and civilian population. Luckily, it seems that ended up not being the case, but it very well could have been.

Currently, a small detachment of two (2) security personnel have been authorized to protect the CMO and her team as they continue to ascertain the condition of the Borg drone, and determine whether or not the process known commonly as Liberation can safely be started. I feel it's ethically important to note that in my opinion, the drone did verbally (and by way of Morse code) request such aid directly from the team dispatched to investigate the lab. Not only that, but it offered no hostility to the members of the team, specifically Commander Levesley who communicated directly with the drone, or Doctor Jarnefelt who rendered both scans and drew blood directly from the drone.

It was the CMO's opinion that the drone offers minimal threat to the station and its personnel, and at this time I tend to agree, though when dealing with the Borg one should never fully allow their guard to slip. I would suggest respectfully that the drone continue to be detained in the lab, and not moved to the main Sickbay, where there is higher traffic of both Starfleet personnel and civilians. If not due to the potential security threats, then just to limit the potential for a panic scenario among the crew, and gossip about the nature of the situation surrounding the drone's presence on this station.

RECOMMENDATION: Continue security detail for the lab. Reevaluate reporting procedures to prevent a potential security lapse from occurring. Limit exposure of the drone to the greater population of the station, until liberation procedures are complete.

OOC:Let me know if I made typos or other factual boo boos!
4 Likes