AAR: Operation Gas Pains

Stardate:
Filed By:
LCDR Suvik
Clearance:

LOCATION Visuvu System & Halcyon Nebula, Doza Sector.

MISSION Lure defenders from Visuvu to facilitate invasion.

OUTCOME Success.

KEY PERSONNEL

• CAPT Varley, ISS Attenborough
  • LCDR Izly, ISS Birk
  • LCDR Suvik, ISS Joe Exotic

NARRATIVE With resources dwindling, new short-term supplies are required. The Visuvu System has been identified as a source of several necessary commodities. Inexplicably, the system is lightly defended and the planet itself is occupied only by primitive natives. They have only barely scratched the surface of their planet’s natural resource deposits.

Though Starfleet has left the planet untapped, they did not leave it entirely undefended. Because our battlefleet is stretched thin, it became necessary to devise a plan to take the system with a minimum commitment of ships.

Starships listed above entered Visuvu at high warp, and immediately concentrated fire on a single enemy in order to disable its shields rapidly. When shields were down, we proceeded to abduct a significant portion of the vessel’s crew, and then retreat. As planned, Starfleet pursued.

We led Starfleet into the Halcyon nebula. Though sensors were generally inoperable, short-range sensors remained partially operational. We therefore left a trail of spaced bodies for them to follow. We doubled back and, rather than engaging the Starfleet force directly, we simply ignited the volatile gasses in the nebula around them. We repeated this tactic three times, before setting course back to Visuvu.

It is unclear whether the Starfleet ships were destroyed or merely damaged, but they did not pursue us.

RECOMMENDATION It is clear that Starfleet in this universe lacks the intelligence and cunning required to administrate an interstellar empire. They leave rich planets such as Visuvu undeveloped in order to protect inferior native lifeforms, and then abandon their posts in hopeless efforts to save a few worthless lives. We should exploit their weaknesses to the fullest extent.

RECOGNITION Once again I must recognize myself as the standout performer in this operation. While I have no formal training in starship combat or ambush tactics, my exemplary performance allowed us to easily outsmart and neutralize a Starfleet battlegroup. I recommend my immediate promotion to Vice Admiral, so that I may take command of an entire starship squadron and singlehandedly lead our forces to ultimate victory.

OOC We ran the Within the Briars patrol mission, substituting House Mo’Kai for Starfleet ships. No deaths again, despite blowing up every single pocket of volatile gas for funsies like true Terran agents of chaos.

6 Likes