AAR: Plenty Suspicious Here

SUBMITTED:
Stardate 96029.8
FILED BY:
SCDR Eviess i-Ra'tleihfi t'Cyklaas
SECURITY:
Level 3 - Restricted

MISSION: Acquire source of narcotics through interrogation.

OUTCOME: Sources and confession acquired. Alleged corruption discovered.

KEY PERSONNEL:

CAPT A. Derenzis
SCDR Eviess

NARRATIVE: Subject initially attempted to plead ignorance. After interrogation team successfully raised his emotional state, he quickly began making threats against the Federation and Romulan people, with the intent to push the deadly narcotic onto the two parties. Captain Derenzis appeared to have hit a nerve when she asked if he was being threatened by someone, so it seems that coercion is being utilized within their organization.

After the niceties were dealt with and the original defenses were eroded, it's clear that this Ferengi is a fearful person. In return for a vague promise that his freedom will be considered, he offered the following information:

1) The narcotics originate from the Delta Quadrant to be sold to both Federation and Republic markets.

2) The supplier's species is known as the 'Sutok'.

3) A Federation Officer is apparently being bribed to allow the narcotics through Federation inspections. As such, I have upped the classification level.

RECOMMENDATION:

Efforts should be made to verify the Ferengi's statements for truth.

1) Both the Federation and Romulan Republic be notified of the narcotics threat.

2) As much information on the Sutok be gathered as possible.

3) The potential corruption of Starfleet officers should be inspected and audited. Whether through increased official audits and observers, or through a planted pitfall to catch the officer in question.

We have the prisoner's confession on record. What law enforcement wants to do with him is up to them. That being said, it's clear to me that this person is acting with both greed and malice, placing the citizens of two superpowers at risk for addiction and death. Prison would be a suitable punishment. Or hand him off to the Republic if prosecuting him is too difficult.

OOC: For scheduling reasons, this event is somewhat timewarped that the interdiction and interrogation happened days within each other. Sorry for any inconvenience this caused. Thanks to T'Shair for running the event.
2 Likes