AAR: Search and Rescue operations for SS Eastland

Stardate: 92765.16
On Stardate 92765.15 I, Captain Quint, was advised that the SS Eastland, a Federation transport en-route to Romulan Republic space, had been either attacked or destroyed. I alerted my first officer and ordered the USS Paladin to make ready for Emergency departure from Deep Space 13 as per General Order 6. Also in company aboard was Captain De Drowvani, and Sub-commander t'Veras of the Romulan Republic. Captain De Drowvani coordinated with her ship to assist in the recovery efforts, while Sub-commander t'Veras provided the location of the incident due to its discovery by a Romulan Republic ship.

Upon arrival we discovered a debris field that matched the size and composition of the SS Eastland. Further scans showed that there were traces of bilitrium on several sections of her hull. We recovered some of this for better testing in the science labs. No survivors were detected. Only the remains of the ships crew and passenger. All escape pods were accounted for as well, the scatter field was consistent with the ship having been destroyed via an explosive device likely placed near her warp core. We scanned all near by traffic and detected only a few ships had passed within range of the incident, all Federation transports bound for Risa, Drozana station, and one for Vulcan. Upon review of official records the SS Eastland's only movements for the previous day had been coming to Deep Space 13 and then departing with an extradited Romulan citizen.

It should be noted that, said Romulan citizen was recently extradited to Romulan space after a hearing involving the theft of Klingon military equipment. During this hearing it was made clear her punishment by the Klingon Empire would be execution. I recommend a more detailed investigation into this matter as there is a slight amount of transporter energy signature present in the remains of the ship. Leaving me to believe at this point that the device had been transported aboard her after departing Deep Space 13. EOR

Captain Emery Quint, USS Paladin
4 Likes