AAR: Securofacts Acquisition Services

SUBMITTED:
Stardate 96107.6
FILED BY:
CAPT S. Bishop
SECURITY:
Level 2 - Confidential

MISSION: Tour a civilian archaeological facility for a review if it meets Federation standards for future Federation support to the facility.

OUTCOME: Facility attacked by a group called "Securofacts Acquisition Services". Multiple casulties, including civilian researchers, and SAS leader, Derek Min.

KEY PERSONNEL:
CAPT T. Anderson
CAPT S. Bishop
CAPT A. Nimitz
CAPT A. Tlei
CMDR C. Jarnefelt
LCDR S. J. Brex

SCDR Eviess t'Cyklaas

NARRATIVE: This officer was non-uniformed during this mission. This officer joined the USS Brindisi as the ship was to visit the facility that this officer had been invited to review.

Upon arrival, Captain Tlei noticed that the Director of the facility, a Doctor Abigail Madlek, was acting rather suspicious, though the Doctor invited us to enter the facility. All the above officers, save the Subcommander, who remained on board the USS Brindisi, beamed down to the facility.

In the facility, we were greeted by the director, who answered all our questions, though there was some degree of nervousness at times. We also noticed that the facility was heavily guarded by security wearing shirts with the letters SAS on them. At this point, we did not know these were members of Securofacts Acquisition Services. We took a tour of the facilities and at one point a couple of these security guards passed us by on hovercars, with crates on them. Captain Nimitz suddenly yelled for the security guards to stop, calling them thieves and chasing them around the corner from our view. We then heard shots being fired. At this, we witnessed the security guards turn on both the away team and the members of the research facility and began to open fire, shooting indiscriminately. Their rifles were set on maximum, and many researchers were killed by this fire. This officer, unarmed, though the rest of the uniformed officers were armed, took cover, opting to protect Doctor Madlek. This officer's attempts at requesting a beam out from the station failed, due to a jamming field erected by the SAS. Questioning her revealed that the SAS forced the facility to hand over their artefacts or faced being killed. It was clear that their cover was now blown and they were taking steps to complete their mission.

The away team finally managed to subdue all the guards in the area. Scans showed that the jamming signal originated from a freighter docked at the installation. Captain Tlei ordered Captain Anderson and Lieutenant Commander Brex to try to take the freighter to disable the jam and call in reinforcements from the Brindisi. After their departure, we were contacted by one member of the SAS, one Mister Derek Min, whom both Captain Nimitz and I had a previous interaction with when we were attempting to obtain the rights to excavate a Thuton tomb. Mister Min gave Captain Tlei a choice; to either face the destruction of the station, the away team, and the artefacts, or to let the SAS take the artefacts and leave. Captain Tlei decided on the latter, and we were told to stay put in the room.

As I was not in uniform, I told Captain Tlei to let me try to go and apprehend Min myself, after getting directions to the office from Doctor Madlek. It would have been easier for me to get away as a researcher and for Min to not carry out his threat if he detected that the other officers had left the room. Captain Tlei agreed and I picked up one of the rifles dropped by the guards, and set it on stun, before heading up to the office. I met no resistance on the way to the office. In the office, Min was alone, stealing items from the desk. This officer told Min to stand down, and Min responded by pulling out a disruptor pistol and shot. I reciprocated and fired a single shot aimed to stun the man. The shot threw Min back and out of a glass window behind him, sending him falling to his death.

After this, this officer returned to the main room where it was seen that the freighter team had been successful. We then returned to the USS Brindisi.

RECOMMENDATION: It is unfortunate that Derek Min was killed. Had he have survived and been captured, we could have questioned him about the SAS and their operations. At present, I am not sure if Derek Min was the leader of the organisation, or simply a part of a larger operation. All data from the facility should be thoroughly investigated to see what data they have on the SAS.

Furthermore, Intelligence should look into the SAS and see if we can get more information on this organisation. It is possible that they are large players in the archaeological black market.

The artefacts recovered from the facility should be given to the appropriate authorities for continued preservation and study.

This officer also does not recommend the Federation endorse the facility in its current state.

OOC: The AAR for the event "Securofacts Acquisition Services". Event logs available on request.

Han Greedo shot first.
1 Like

SUBMITTED:
Stardate 96109.2
FILED BY:
CAPT A.H. Nimitz
SECURITY:
Level 2 - Confidential

MISSION: Tour a civilian archaeological facility for a review if it meets Federation standards for future Federation support to the facility.

OUTCOME: Facility attacked by a group called "Securofacts Acquisition Services". Multiple casulties, including civilian researchers, and SAS leader, Derek Min.

KEY PERSONNEL:
CAPT T. Anderson
CAPT S. Bishop (Off Duty)
CAPT A. Nimitz
CAPT A. Tlei
CMDR C. Jarnefelt
LCDR S. J. Brex
SCDR Eviess t'Cyklaas

NARRATIVE: The USS Brindisi stopped over a facility that collects and reviews artifacts. Upon our arrival, we could see that the director of the facility was unnerved, and the away team was sent down with standard issue gear, phaser and a tricorder.

Upon our arrival, this officer and Captain Anderson both noted the higher then usual number of armed guards, as we progressed the mission, this reporting officer begun to have suspicions that we walked into a hostage situation. This officer departed the group to call in the Brindisi to alert them discreetly. After ending the call with the Brindisi, this officer did not return to the group, and attempted to find a lone guard to take down to obtain a communication device so we can listen in on the guard movements and begin to plan a rescue mission for the hostages.

Unfortunately, this officer severely underestimated several key details outside their control, including the reactions of the guards, and the surrounding environment. After the ending of the fight, this officer returned to the group and remained with the disarmed and stunned guards to insure they didn't escape. Captain Anderson and Commander Brex went to disable the jammer that was preventing us from contacting the Brindisi while Captain Bishop went to apprehend one citizen Derek Min.

While Captain Bishop was unable to apprehend citizen Derek Min alive, Captain Anderson and Commander Brex were successful in disabling the jamming device which allowed the Brindisi to evacuate the survivors of the facility plus the away team.

RECOMMENDATION: The Securofacts Acquisition Services has proven themselves to be most dangerous, this officer recommends that the SAS be listed as a hostile piracy group, and increasing security around research facilities that house rare and valuable artifacts throughout the region.

OOC: This AAR is from Nimitz's point of view on the events of 'Securofacts Acquisition Services' on 2/8/2020
1 Like

SUBMITTED:
Stardate 96112.1
FILED BY:
LTCMDR Brex, S. J.
SECURITY:
Level 2 - Confidential

OUTCOME: Near total loss of civilian research team, hostile group known as "Securofacts Acquisition Services" at large.

KEY PERSONNEL:
CAPT T. Anderson
CAPT S. Bishop
CAPT A. Nimitz
CAPT A. Tlei
SCDR Eviess t'Cyklaas
CMDR C. Jarnefelt
LCDR S. J. Brex

NARRATIVE: This officer was part of the away team who boarded the civilian station to observe containment and decontamination procedures for artefacts to ensure they were in line with Federation certification requirements.

After the initial beam in, we met with Doctor Abigail Madlek, the director of the facility who gave us a tour of the starbase. The tour was unusually concise, hurrying past a number of aspects we would usually investigate in determining the suitability of Federation support to such a project. When we did arrive at a containment zone, I attempted to enquire about the procedures and methods, as well as if I could use a tricorder to investigate further, the answer was that such a scan could disrupt the artifacts, while unlikely I complied under the proviso that information regarding containment procedures would be shared.

When we arrived near the administrative hub, a number of guards passed by with a hoversled, carrying a number of crates. Captain Nimitz yelled that they were thieves and chased after them, shortly after we heard a nadion based weapon being discharged. With this, guards from the catwalks started firing indiscriminately, also using nadion based weapons though set to maximum power.

Our away team, though outnumbered in armed strength returned fire, regrettably the researchers in the foyer of the Administration complex were killed, with the sole exception of Doctor Madlek.

After the remaining SAS forces were neutralised, a quick discussion with Doctor Madlek revealed that a freighter had docked with the station and immediately began taking over the station. The freighter also seemed to be blocking communications in and out of the station.

Myself and Captain Anderson departed to attempt to shut down the disruption field, however additional attackers had since boarded the station along the path back to the airlocks. It was a hard route to the airlock, however we proceeded in good time. Upon our arrival at the airlocks, the SAS had set up an ambush, including rigging the airlock door console to explode upon an attempted forced entry. Both myself and Captain Anderson were quickly overwhelmed by superior numbers and firepower.

It was only by chance that Subcommander t'Cyklaas had dispatched security teams that were able to assist in the taking of the freighter so we could shutdown the jamming device.

Shortly thereafter, we linked back up with the remaining team and returned to the Brindisi. Following up with Subcommander t'Chyklaas, we performed an extraction of the datacore which is included below.

RECOMMENDATION: In the context of our original mission parameters, given the sheer loss of life and otherwise inconclusive results, I fear Federation involvement in the project will be unable to save what is left, given the current state. If replacement personnel can be sourced and the dig site secured, a further mission could be undertaken to ensure Federation suitability in assisting with this project.

Given the changing mission parameters, I recommend investigating the Securofacts Acquisition Services as a potential criminal organisation, and would request the Federation Commerce Authority investigate civil dealings of the registered company for potential links to organised criminal activity both within the region and beyond.

These combatants also had extensive combat prowess and equipment which suggests they may have access to military training and/or equipment, be that with any galactic power. We should strive to investigate these ties so we may locate a training encampment should there be evidence to suggest greater number of hostiles in relation to this company.

LtVEykZ.png
U.S.S. BRINDISI ENGINEERING - DATA HARVESTING REPORT
Security Level 2 - Confidential

DATE OF REPORT 96123.0
DATA SOURCE brindisi-restore-ss-hakim.dbf; mariot-core.dbf
DATA SYSTEM SF COMPAT/LCARS 7
BH1Pd8X.png
Mariot Station Datacore
Partially wiped following SAS takeover

S.S. Hakim Freighter Datacore
Automatically wiped upon boarding
MARIOT STATION DATACORE
PHYSICAL LAYOUT:
Twin Typical Ghemor Industries Class 4 Isolinear Rod installation, 743 Gigaquad Capacity, 827 Kiloquad per Second Processing and Storage speed
DATA EXTRACTION:
PREVIOUS DEVICE SHUTDOWN UNEXPECTED, AUTOMATIC VERIFICATION CHECK IN 10 SECONDS, TO SKIP ENTER ANY COMMAND
VERIFICATION CHECK SKIPPED, PROCEEDING WITH BOOT
LCARS [Version 7.3.2398.11.25] RECOVERY MODE
ACCEPTING INJECTED CREDENTIALS
Welcome, <entity invalid>
RECOVERY MODE LOGGING ENABLED, TEXT COMMAND PROCESSOR ENABLED
>: lcver
Library Computer Access Retrieval System
Version 7.3 (Initial Build 2398.11.25)
Security Descriptor Verification Complete
Installed Stardate 96049 (2019.01.18)
>: Connect Brindisi MCC -UN BRINDISI\SJBrex -AU Beta-4-Omega-2
Connection Accepted, Brindisi Handshake Authorised
>: Query: "Logs following arrival of S.S. Hakim"
ERR: Logfile contains numerous invalid results, please contact service department
>: Reconstruct -SH Prev -TI M
0:00 S.S. Hakim completed unscheduled docking procedure
0:00 STATION SECURITY ALERT
0:00 WARN: Communication Array Remote Fault or Failure, please contact service department
0:00 System Installation Completed LCARS [Version 7.3.2398.11.25]
0:05 Communication System Rerouted to Administration Complex, all other consoles are now: Deauthorised
0:06 Remote Failure of Communication Array rectified
>: QUERY: "Min, Derek"
ERR: User Database Corrupt or Invalid Data
Multiple Communication Records are tagged with the name of Derek Min
>: QUERY: "Min, Derek" -CommRecords
WARN: Full Communications Logging is Disabled
There are multiple communication records tagged with the name of Derek Min, these appear to be in conjunction with purchase orders for artefacts, but no other names are recorded. No other vessel completed docking procedures with this station until U.S.S. Brindisi, Starfleet.
>: QUERY: "Artefacts"
ERR: Artefact Database Missing, please contact service department
All artefacts were intended to be packed onto the S.S. Hakim, but a few artefacts were kept aside for some reason, the destination is unknown however they were intended to leave the station as the U.S.S. Brindisi arrived.
>: QUERY: "Security Logs post arrival of U.S.S. Brindisi" -CR "Starfleet Personnel Records" -Filter "Combat"
WARN: Visual Logging is Disabled, Audio Only Logs Transcribed
CAPT Nimitz, A. H.: "Hey, you there! Yeah... you with the sled!"
<sounds of running>
CAPT Nimitz, A. H.: "In the name of Starfleet, halt thieves!"
CMDR Jarnefelt, C.: "This is where everything goes wrong..."
CAPT Azeiza, T.: "Captain Nimitz!"
CMDR Jarnefelt, C.: "OH MY GOD I WAS RIGHT."
<sounds of phaser fire>
LOG PROCESSING ABORTED
>: QUERY: "Visual Records of All Personnel Aboard Mariot Station" -CR "U.S.S. Brindisi Brig Records, Mariot Station Registered Scientists"
Most scientists registered to Mariot Station confirmed KIA. Survivors remain in Brindisi guest quarters pending transport. Visual records match for all SAS members held in Brindisi brig. No additional personnel can be confirmed as present.

S.S. HAKIM DATACORE
PHYSICAL LAYOUT:
Single Isodyne Systems Class 2 Isolinear Processing installation, 512 Megaquad Capacity, 455 Kiloquad per Second Processing and Storage speed. The core is also fit with an electrical spike capable of erasing data near instantaneously through physical destruction of isolinear storage.
DATA EXTRACTION:
Data recovery work is still ongoing, projected recovery is at 4%. Physical destruction of the majority of the core will make work nearly fruitless.

OOC: Thanks for a fun event and follow up!
3 Likes

SUBMITTED:
Stardate 96107.6
FILED BY:
Captain Tycho V. Anderson
SECURITY:
Level 2 - Confidential

OUTCOME: Facility assaulted by hostile PMC with high levels of civilian casualties. PMC leader killed before capture and interrogation.

KEY PERSONNEL:
CAPT S. Bishop
CAPT A. Nimitz
CAPT A. Tlei
CAPT T. Anderson
CMDR C. Jarnefelt
SCMDR E. t'Cyklaas
LCDR S. J. Brex

NARRATIVE: Accompanied inspection team for what was supposed to be a rather routine checkup on a civilian archaeological site. After arriving, away team immediately noticed signs of suspicious activity. Various guards posing as local security wielding advanced and expensive military-grade weaponry were present throughout the facility. Civilian personnel present reacted poorly to questioning and made an adamant point of keeping us away from certain aspects of the facility.

Captain Nimitz trailed off from the main group after a suspicious crate being moved by guards. Before I could follow, a firefight broke out, and I was forced to draw my phaser. The guards in question began to vaporize the various civilian researchers. Many were caught in the crossfire. We were unable to save them as a result of the chaos. A signal jammer was located within a docked freighter. While the rest of the group went off after the leader of the enemy organization, Lieutenant Commander Brex and I split off to locate and destroy it.

After a prolonged firefight, we were able to locate the jammer and destroy it with the assistance of a Starfleet security team. The enemy soldiers fought with fierceness. The security team suffered a handful of casualties. We were unable to take any prisoners. We were beamed out shortly afterward after uplinking with the main away team once more.

RECOMMENDATION: Recommend immediate offloading of all captured enemy troops to Starfleet Intelligence for immediate interrogation. Death of the PMC leader has made their motives, manpower, and strength a mystery, but it can be assumed they have an interest in reselling and stealing rare archaeological finds. Recommend coordinating with Starfleet Intelligence to lay a trap in an attempt to bait them out in the future.

OOC: AAR for the event "Securofacts Acquisition Services". Tycho was split off from the main group for the majority of it, so his view of events is a bit more limited than others who were present.

This is my first AAR! Based it after Sam's example!
3 Likes

SUBMITTED:
Stardate 96143.9
FILED BY:
SCDR Eviess i-Ra'tleihfi t'Cyklaas
SECURITY:
Level 2 - Confidential

KEY PERSONNEL:
CAPT A. Tlei
CAPT T. Anderson
CAPT S. Bishop
CAPT A. Nimitz
SCDR Eviess t'Cyklaas
CMDR C. Jarnefelt
LCDR S. J. Brex

NARRATIVE: Captain Tlei and the U.S.S. Brindisi were invited to tour a civilian archaeological station. Being the XO, this officer retained command of the Brindisi in Tlei's absence. The ground team began making requests for information. Captain Bishop wanted to know what his colleagues thought of the credibility of this station. After failing to contact a few for 'academic' reasons, those I could speak to informed me that this station was operated as a reputable NGO. Another request came in asking for intel on any communications coming in or out of the station. Strangely enough, the only communication was between the Brindisi and the ground team.

Soon after, the bridge received a communication from CAPT Nimitz, informing me that everything was fine. For non-native Rihannsu speakers who want to know what this means, this is code for 'send help'. Soon after this message was delivered, any and all communications with the ground team was jammed. It was discovered that the freighter docked with the station possessed a jamming device. In line with Nimitz's warning, I dispatched two separate security teams to act as a boarding action. One ran interference while the other moved to the jammer. The latter made contact with Anderson and Brex and the jammer was destroyed. The boarding action resulted in 5 Starfleet casualties as hostiles possessed advanced modified phaser rifles set at the highest setting and held training that leads this officer to believe they were either former military or police.

18 out of the 50 researchers and other staff survived. We have all 20 enemy combatants in the brig, with the leader of the hostile force reported KIA.

RECOMMENDATION: Recommend hostile contact "Securofacts Acquisition Services" be investigated. Recommend Starfleet take custody of surviving researchers and captured hostile contacts. Recommend something be done about the station. Unless someone still owns it, could use it as some kind of outpost. Recommend follow-up on dead SAS leader. Recommend something be done about whatever artifacts haven't been destroyed.

OOC: GM's perspective. Nimitz shot first.
3 Likes