AAR: Senior Prank

Stardate: 92308.5Report Submitted: CMDR North

ALLCON,

Follows is my accounting on the incident in Starlight Cantina, stardate ((4/22/16)). Suffice to say, it all seemed to happen very quickly.

I had stopped in for a break between meetings. There were a few others present, generally average population for the Cantina at that time of day. Got a glass of water from the on-duty bartender (Swifty) and went to a table with it. Nothing seemed amiss.

Maybe about twenty to thirty minutes later, there was that telltale energy flush for a transporter beam. Huge one, too, not some narrow one-person pickup, but wide spread. Then it was done and a boatload of water just dropped out of nowhere, not to mention a large quantity of fish, and a collection of aquatic plant life. Lot of patrons got soaked, some clocked harmlessly in the head with an object or fish.

At this point, what caught my attention finally was the half-submerged body of Cadet Tooros Ciryn, who had been improperly transported into the Cantina's countertop. His subsequent death was, unfortunately, basically immediate.

I contacted the transporter room to parse through the recent transport data and work to get the cadet's body out, after which it was sent to sickbay for protocol followup. The Cantina was also evacuated and closed down for several hours for clean-up and security investigation.

In summary, however, for this practical joke gone wrong, it seems as though the transport signal was supposed to be attuned to a portable transmitter situated on one of the top shelves. However, this transmitter was subsequently moved, accidentally or otherwise, just before the transport was submitted, resulting in improper origin coordinates.

Even so, there would have been no issue had Cadet Tooros not also keyed the transport to himself as well, intending to be transported with the fish tank materials with a destination atop the Cantina's center rotunda, in an unfortunate desire to claim credit in no uncertain terms for the overall transporter feat.

My understanding is that the remaining cadets responsible have all admitted their participation and are currently facing secondary reprimands, but not expulsion or credit cancellation. Though this has been a tragic event with terrible consequences, their involvement and intentions were ultimately benign.

//SIGNED//
CMDR North, Alleya
DS13 Intelligence
10 Likes