AAR: Skirmish with Breen During Korgasant Investigation

SUBMITTED:
Stardate 93901.2
FILED BY:
Lieutenant B'Atar
SECURITY:
Level 2 - Confidential

MISSION: Further investigation into 'Korgasant' creature

OUTCOME: Samples of Korgasant tissue collected from severed tentacle. Computer data from destroyed Chel Boalg cruiser also collected along with a stack of Breen weaponry as loot.

KEY PERSONNEL:
Captain Egzo | I.K.S. Hag'lhr
Lieutenant B'Atar | I.K.S. San'leth
Lieutenant Yig | I.K.S. Daramar (Temporarily Posted on Hag'Ihr)
Mercenary Alyss | Fortune

NARRATIVE: On the backs of our previous investigation of this Korgasant space-worm (See this report for more details on that operation), the KDF launched a second expedition to continue studying the creature and judge its risk to us. This time, Alyss identified two planets of interest in the anomaly region and we decided to take a stealthy approach to get past Breen patrols. Three raiders, I.K.S. Hag'Ihr, I.K.S. San'leth and Fortune were dispatched under cloak.

On our way to the closer of the two planets, San'leth picked up an unusual Breen energy signature. It was unusual because all the readings matched those of a troop transport, but it was producing way too much power. Further scanning showed that its warp core was overcharged, loaded with antimatter and flying on automatic with another ship was following five million killicams behind it. The unmanned transport ship was likely bait as the Korgasant seemed to like big warp cores so we left it alone.

The Korgasant tried to eat the transport like we expected, and it exploded, taking off one of the worm's mouth-tentacles. After the Korgasant fled back into subspace, the second Breen ship, a Chel Boalg cruiser, came to investigate. Alyss managed to figure out that the cruiser was using some kind of new stealth technology that made it look like it was low on power but actually fully operational. We decided to attack the cruiser so we could keep the tentacle and get our hands on this new Breen tech.

The Chel Boalg was extremely tough, and it was a fight that gave our three raiders ample challenge. The initial attack went well and Hag'Ihr and San'leth flanked the cruiser, doing some good damage while Fortune laid down mines to prevent escape. We had thought to do some long-awaited boarding action and take the ship intact, but it retaliated in force and heavily damaged one of San'leth's wings. I had to manually take the gunner's seat and we pressed the attack.

I must have gotten the Breen's attention because they targeted San'leth with a power siphon, sadly disabling us. Hag'Ihr managed to take out the cruiser's deflector and Alyss decided to go for a kill, beaming mines onto the shield-less ship and blowing it apart. In the aftermath San'leth restored power but still has nothing operational on the left wing. We did manage to get some pretty sweet loot: an entire armoury that survived the cruiser's destruction, containing a suit of power armour and the legendary Breen CRM-200. With San'leth still capable of cloak and warp, we decided to proceed on to our original target.

RECOMMENDATION: Our mission was to look into the Korgasant, so obviously the samples collected from the tentacle should be closely analyzed for anything that might give us an edge over the creature. It seems to still be operating inside Breen space and is content to eat the Breen, so I suggest we leave it alone for now. It probably doesn't distinguish between Breen or KDF, so we should study for its weaknesses and if it ever starts attacking us, then we can deal with it. Otherwise, if the Breen want the honour of the hunt they can have it, as much as I'd like to claim it for myself, flying all the way into Breen space to kill something that's bothering our enemies just isn't a good idea.

Speaking of flying into Breen space, we are resuming course to the two planets which Alyss thinks are worth investigating. Our plan right now is to land on one of these planets to repair the San'leth, which hopefully shouldn't take long. When that is done, we will continue on with our mission as planned.

This is all the paperwork for this mission.

//SIGNED//
T3rrNEI.jpg
Sogh B'Atar
I.K.S. San'leth

OOC: This is the outcome of the Time is Sight event. If I've unintentionally misrepresented your character's actions, misspelled their names, got their rank incorrect, et cetera, please send me a PM over enjin and I'll make the necessary edits.
4 Likes