AAR: Spared No Expense

SUBMITTED:
Stardate 96350.7
FILED BY:
SCDR Eviess i-Ra'tleihfi t'Cyklaas
SECURITY:
Level 1 - Open

MISSION: Investigate unknown amusement park.

OUTCOME: Mission compromised. Beasts were loose and ate several of the crew.

KEY PERSONNEL:
CAPT A. Nimitz
CMDR A. Samaras
SCDR Eviess
LT T'Lal
LTJG N. Holt
LTJG Shinwa T.

NARRATIVE: Parts of the report deemed irrelevant to the course of events or that require technical explanations best left to engineers and science officers have been omitted from this report.

This officer was assigned to assist in the exploration of an amusement park discovered on a moon. Given this officer's expertise, the focus remained on potential security countermeasures and other potential hazards.

The Endeavour crew remained intent on restoring power to the facility incrementally. I had some concerns, but I am not an engineer and I left technical hazards to the engineers.

As we began to explore the 'restricted section', believed to be what would be staff-only for the establishment, this officer and T'Lal made our way to the Curator's office. Lieutenant T'Lal hypothesized from the data stored on the terminal that the planets in the system were destroyed and turned into the asteroid field. Further examination is advisable.

I found what I recognized to be green blood on the desk. Seeing it to be fresh, I called Commander Samaras into the room. Everyone but the Commander arrived - this will be explained in a moment. We heard screams, and an Endeavour crewman was yelling about creatures eating people. I recommended to Captain Nimitz that the priority should be to return to the transporter area and warn the Endeavour - along with requesting reinforcements. Only that area had working transporters and communications, as they were unavailable in the rest of the facility - including where we were.

Nimitz put Lieutenants T'Lal and Shinwa under my command, while he took the others to rescue some of the crew and hunt down the creatures that were loose. We had no contact after that.

As I moved the team towards our starting location, we discovered another Endeavour crewman missing his entire lower half of his body. At this moment, I instructed my team to set phasers to the maximum setting due to the size and power of whatever creature was capable of eating half a person.

As we moved to the door that lead to the hub area where we came in from, we discovered it was damaged beyond repair. I ordered Lieutenant Shinwa to get the door open regardless of the obstacle. I then felt more blood drip onto my face. Shining my phaser's flashlight at the ceiling, I saw a creature move in to eliminate me. I dodged and fired at it and soon a second one arrived.

Marking a target for fire to be focused, the three of us managed to keep the creatures occupied. I ordered Lieutenant Shinwa to return to the door and utilize any means necessary while we covered him. Lieutenant T'Lal took a considerable hit to the ribs, while all I lost was the sleeve of my uniform. The door was blown open and on the other side were CAPT Bishop, CMDR Samaras, and the MACO division combating other creatures. They arrived to reinforce our position and we were ordered to exfiltrate from the facility.

This officer will leave whatever happened to Captain Nimitz's team up to those who have firsthand knowledge.

RECOMMENDATION: Goes to show that you can never be too careful. I recommend a clean sweep of the entire facility, including utility hatches and ventilation. I don't give praise often, but Lieutenants T'Lal and Shinwa did their job in a scary situation and they did it well. I'd recommend some sort of commendation.

OOC: The Dice Gods cloud everything. An impossibility not to lose a limb, the future holds.

Was a lot of fun. Thanks to Sam for GMing. RIP Nimitz's and Holt's limbs. Let me know if I missed anything/anyone.
4 Likes

SUBMITTED:
Stardate 96355.2
FILED BY:
CAPT A.H. Nimitz
SECURITY:
Level 1 - Open

MISSION: Investigate unknown amusement park

OUTCOME: Mission compromised. Beasts were loose and ate several of the crew.

KEY PERSONNEL:
CAPT A. Nimitz
CMDR A. Samaras
SCDR Eviess
LT T'Lal
LTJG N. Holt
LTJG Shinwa T.

NARRATIVE: As the Subcommander's report lays out the base of the events on this mission, this reporting officer will start from the time when I ordered Subcommander t'Cyklaas to take Lieutenants T'Lal and Shinwa. The reporting officer took Lieutenant Holt along with him to help find and evacuate Endeavour crewmen that were potentially under attack from an unknown threat.

Before we could find any of the Endeavour Crewmen, a snake like creature jumped on Lieutenant Holt, taking her arm. I quickly adjusted my phaser to cauterize the Lieutenant's injury to prevent her from bleeding out, and applied a hypo to stabilize her before turning my attention to the creature. After an intense fight with the snake creature, it managed to detach this officer's left leg. The snake gave the officer enough time to cauterize his leg before making another attack for the Officer's head. The snake bite into this officer's Prosthetic arm and bought time for a Security Team from the Endeavour to kill the snake and evac myself and Lieutenant Holt.

RECOMMENDATION: None at this time.

3 Likes

SUBMITTED:
Stardate 96380.0
FILED BY:
CMDR A. Samaras
SECURITY:
Level 1 - Open

MISSION: Investigate an abandoned lunar base.

OUTCOME: Lunar base revealed to be an abandoned zoological/amusement park.

KEY PERSONNEL:
CAPT S. Bishop
U.S.S. Endeavour Crew

CAPT A. Nimitz
CMDR A. Samaras
SCDR Eviess
LT T'Lal
LTJG N. Holt
LTJG T. Shinwa

MACO Team 32

NARRATIVE: This report is a summarising report of the mission, and should answer some of the questions raised by the previous reports. The above listed away team was part of the second set of away teams deployed on this location. The first set, who were tasked with ascertaining the safety of the base had inadvertently activated some of the stasis pods in the scientific labs that housed these dinosaurs. These were encountered by members of the second set of teams, and were the animals that are detailed in the above reports.

After securing an evac of the surviving members of the second set of away teams, Captain Bishop led MACO Team 32 and several security detachments to do a full sweep of the facility. It seems no other stasis pods were activated, though they came across a large underground warehouse with hundreds of similar species of animals all in stasis. It is guessed that these were the attractions that the park was going to house. A backup energy source was sustaining their vital signs, and from the calculation of energy remaining (around a fifth of the energy that could be stored in the batteries), and the rate of energy used, it can be estimated that these animals have been in stasis for around five decades. Whatever caused the facility to be abandoned happened in that time.

The park was verified secure, and a small team deployed to continue to monitor the park and the stasis chambers, the U.S.S. Endeavour departed the system leaving a probe to warn others about the threat.

RECOMMENDATION: Whilst the U.S.S. Endeavour has departed the system, a question is raised as to what to do with these animals. Should they remain in stasis indefinitely? We could be looking at the last remaining members of a now-extinct species. Should the stasis chambers be terminated to prevent others from getting their hands on them? Should the animals be moved?

It is the opinion of this officer that if possible, we should complete the park's construction, and release the animals into the completed park as a sort of wildlife centre. This way the animals are given a chance to live in a set environment, instead of remaining in stasis. It would allow scientists to study the animals from afar, as well as preventing any opportunistic party from taking the animals from stasis.

OOC: A final summary of the mission "Spared no Expense". Event logs available on request. Someone is welcome to assign a science ship to do some scans of the animals. Else, the decision of what to do with the animals is for Command!
2 Likes