AAR: Stembolt Sabotage

Stardate:
Filed By:
CPO Ashodi, Thylan
Clearance:

LOCATION Alpha Quadrant, Doza Sector, Lucent Station

MISSION Sabotage Terran supply lines

OUTCOME Supplies sabotaged. Joint Taskforce consisting of USS Dallas, USS Vincennes and IKS Daramar able to attack Daritus system with limited resistance.

KEY PERSONNEL

• BGEN Cynis, S.
  • MAJ Valencia, G.
  • CPO Ashodi, T.

NARRATIVE Our away team boarded Lucent Station in an undercover civilian craft provided by General Cynis and began looking for the storage areas. Unfortunately, while the station remained officially under the control of the civilian populace, Terran coercion was obvious and far from subtle.

While I interfaced with a public terminal, attempting to download a map of the station, and overview of the resources available from the station, General Cynis attempted a more direct approach, bribing an official at the reception desk. None too happy to be working under the boot of Terrans, the Official provided information with little hesitation, and we were directed to the Terran cargo hold. Unfortunately, the Computer system appeared to have been under Terran control, and with limited time to perform a hack, in particular with heightened security presence, the computer was left untouched. Spotting a small break in the patrols, Major Valencia made her way into the ventilation system and covered our approach to the cargo suites.

Once at the cargo suite, it was obviously under Terran control as well. Major Valencia’s quick thinking initiated a containment breach alarm, which caused the Terran forces to disperse and allowed us unrestricted access to the cargo bay for a short period of time.

There were three key items to sabotage, personal weaponry, heavy space artillery and construction supplies. I investigated options for the construction supplies, while General Cynis and Major Valencia went after the artillery and personal weaponry respectively.

The majority of the construction supplies appeared to be a shipment of self-sealing stem bolts; however, these were not of the usual brand, and while reverse-ratcheting routing planners could be constructed with them, it was clearly not their intended purpose. It is my hope that we can capture and interrogate a Terran Starfleet engineer as to the intended use of these unique style stem bolts, it may prove useful in our own efforts.

Using a number of self-sealing stem bolts in an inverse reactive current configuration (with the assistance of a handy unilateral phase detractor - should be in every engineering toolkit IMHO), I was able to partially construct a reverse ratcheting routing planner (sans the modial interaction of magneto reluctance and capacitive directance required in a functioning model). Thankfully, another palette contained Duranaide-Magnesite alloy, which could be charged through a process of sinusoidal depleneration, allowing the self-sealing stem bolt to side-fumble in the pre-formulated amulite malleable logarithmic casing. The end result is a self-un-sealing stem bolt, ensuring any construction employing these bolts would be destroyed within minutes of completion.

Our victory was short lived as Terran forces returned to the cargo bay shortly after verifying that the containment breach was a false alarm. General Cynis distracted the Terrans allowing myself and Major Valencia to dispatch the Terrans nearest the front, while the General dealt with the one at the back, after a minor injury (I believe her pride was more injured than her arm).

We returned to the civilian craft and exfiltrated to the USS Dallas to complete the next phase of the mission.

After a few hours, our sabotage bore fruit and the three vessels were successfully able to assault the Daritus system, facing minimal resistance. The overpowered Terran forces quickly retreated, with the orbital defence systems being rendered inoperable due to faulty self-sealing stem bolts. Shocker.

RECOMMENDATION Do not use any self-sealing stem bolts found on Terran vessels, it is unknown how far reaching these supplies may have been.

RECOGNITION All members of the team were able to complete their mission and extract successfully, with the end result being a great success. All team members recieve equal praise.

OOC Thanks Sam for running this fun event :smiley:

5 Likes