AAR: Surviving the Unknown

SUBMITTED:
Stardate 96380.1
FILED BY:
LT M. Reyes
SECURITY:
Level 1 - Open

MISSION: Establish contact with the U.S.S. Endeavour following a shuttle crash.

OUTCOME: Contact established. First Contact made with the Pyrels.

KEY PERSONNEL:
LCDR J. Read
LT M. Reyes
ENS R. Mitsuki
ENS M. Tonorr
ENS A. White

NARRATIVE: On return to the U.S.S. Endeavour from Deep Space Thirteen, the shuttle the above officers were onboard hit some sort of gravimetric anomaly that crippled the shuttle's systems and sent the shuttle hurtling towards a nearby planet, Pyrellian V. Ensign Mitsuki managed to put the shuttle down by a river, but several of us sustained injuries, including this officer, who sustained a head wound and a broken rib, making it difficult to breathe.

We managed to evacuate the shuttle and retrieve our survival gear before the shuttle went up in flames. With our emergency beacon not working in the river valley, we began to trek upstream so in order to get a distress signal through. As we did so, we began to witness the planet's native inhabitants; reptilian creatures similar to Terran dinosaurs. When the team found itself in the middle of a herd of herbivores, that were drinking from the stream, being attacked by a carnivorous dinosaur, we attempted to flee the river so that we were not caught in this fight. In doing this, this officer sustained another blow to the chest, causing my broken rib to pierce my lung, making my breathing even more laboured. From here, I began to slowly lose consciousness, and so the rest of the report is not substantial.

After we managed to make our way out of the river valley and into a grassy plain, we were able to get the beacon to work. As we tried to set up camp, we were attacked by a group of raptor-like dinosaurs, who hunted in packs. With the arrival of a larger carnivorous dinosaur, the smaller raptors fled, and we took the opportunity to make our way into the forest so that the larger dinosaurs were not able to harass us. It was as we did so, when Lieutenant Commander Read was taken by a flying dinosaur, later identified to be the Pyrels.

In the forest, we were once again attacked by the raptor-like dinosaurs, when more flying dinosaurs came to our rescue. The Pyrels had somehow evolved sapience, and had developed technologically enough to pick up our distress signal. This officer then fell unconscious due to a lack of oxygen, and when consciousness was finally regained, this officer found herself in a strange tree-top hospital bed. It would seem that the Pyrels had taken the team to their habitations and gave medical aid to this officer. The away team remained with the Pyrels for several hours whilst the U.S.S. Endeavour was en route, and then were taken out of the system by a Pyrel ship, due to the fact that the system was surrounded by strange gravimetric shears, which had been mapped by the Pyrels. It was one of these shears that the shuttle had originally collided with which caused our crash.

This officer was then transferred to medical, whilst it is believed Captain Bishop initiated First Contact talks with the Pyrels.

RECOMMENDATION: This officer would like to highly commend all members of the team who acted with utmost professionalism and calmness during a difficult situation.

​We are indebted to the Pyrels for saving us, and First Contact talks should continue. Ships travelling through the region should be warned of the gravimetric shears around the system.

OOC: Miriam's AAR as far as she can remember from the event "Surviving the Unknown". Other AARs are welcome. Event logs available on request.

Huge thanks to all the participants, who managed to overcome scheduling horrors to get this done; I really appreciated all your patience!
1 Like