Aev's Staff Retirement

Hello Argo,

As the title makes the intention of this post clear, I would like to expand a little on what Argo has meant, and will continue to mean, to me. I joined Argo as a teenager what feels like a lifetime ago. I’ve spent close to a third of my life with Argo, something that I’d known but hadn’t truly sunk in until recently. This community has played a large part in my life, both through the connections with other members and through the development of myself and my characters. I’ve built numerous lasting friendships with a lot of you fine people. The fleet has changed and grown since 2013, as have I. Those years have included many fond memories.

A little under four years ago I was invited to take a more active role in the administration of the fleet, and it’s a task that I’ve both taken seriously and enjoyed since that offer. Having the opportunity to shape a setting I place so much importance on was a wonderful experience, as were my interactions with the rest of Staff. However, I’ve come to the realization that it’s time for me to step down as a staff member. I make the distinction because I still intend to RP. I’ll be taking out my little used characters to manage playtime more efficiently, though.

While I’ve refrained from participating in the theme song thread, mine out of character is very much ‘The Room Where It Happens’, as anyone with the staff or retired staff tag can corroborate. This has been a big decision for me. I won’t dive into the minutia of my choice, but some new career opportunities have opened up that are going to factor into my schedule more significantly. In light of that, I feel the time to start the transition to a less active role in the fleet has arrived. I’ll focus more on RP as opposed to the admin work, leaving that in the very capable hands of Staff.

See all of you in-game,

Aev
13 Likes
I'll miss your abusing power!
1 Like
I wish you good fortune in the direction you intend to direct your energy now.

I also look forward to rping with you some more.
2 Likes
Thank you for your dedication and service to the fleet over the years. I always enjoyed our interactions and felt you were kind, patient, and reasonable to work with. Thank you again for your work in helping the fleet be what it is today.
1 Like
Thank you for everything Aev. Hope to see you around the starbase!
1 Like
Thank you Aev, for all your hard work for our RP.
3 Likes