BH1Pd8X.png
Security Level 1 - Open

TO 38th/ALL
CC --
FROM CAPT Ailes, Beylara
SUBJ Open Department Head Positions
4OB3P0J.png

ALLCON,

This is a call for applications for two positions within Deep Space 13's Command structure. The positions of Chief Medical Officer and Chief Engineer are open. Please submit dossiers and applications to myself and Commander James Kermit by Stardate 95719.6 ((September 20th)).

Please see the official announcements of the positions before application.

//SIGNED//
Captain Beylara Ailes
Commanding Officer, Deep Space 13
1 Like
BH1Pd8X.png
Stardate 95697.2
Security Level 1 - Open

zpglS1t.png
TO CAPT Ailes, Beylara
CC CMDR Kermit, James
FROM CMDR One, One of
SUBJ An exciting opportunity!

Dear Capt. Ailes,

It pleases me to submit my application for the position of Chief Medical Officer aboard your starbase. I have done my research and find the number and variety of injuries you people sustain out there quite exciting! Your Captain Nimitz alone could keep me supplied with research material for the next decade!

A brief word about myself. I am the Senior Research Fellow of Transhuman Studies at Starfleet Academy. My work on cybernetic symbiosis has been widely praised; you will have no trouble finding fascinating reading should you search for white papers under my name. However, lately I have come to feel hemmed in by all the restrictions and red tape entailed by conducting research on Earth. One can only learn so much by improving oneself!

I look forward to getting the opportunity to speak with you about my work and, with your approval of my application, getting some real hands-on experience at the head of a large team of doctors who would no doubt be as eager as I to push the frontiers of medical knowledge further!

//SIGNED//
CMDR One of One
Sr. Research Fellow, Transhuman Studies
Starfleet Academy

BH1Pd8X.png
Stardate 95698.4
Security Level 1 - Open

zpglS1t.png
TO CAPT Ailes, Beylara; CMDR Kermit, James
FROM LCDR 01110011 01101001 01110011 00; LCDR 01110011 01101001 01110011 01
SUBJ Re: Open Department Head Positions

Greetings Captain/Commander Beylara/James Ailes/Kermit.
We are Lt. Commander/Lt. Commander 00/01.

We will be your new Chief Engineers,
contingent upon your acceptance
of our stipulation that the position
be assigned jointly.

You will find our service records
attached to this communique
and see that our experience is
more than adequate.

//SIGNED//
LCDR 01110011 01101001 01110011 00
LCDR 01110011 01101001 01110011 01
Co-Chief Engineers, U.S.S. Leibniz

//ATTACHMENTS//
0101010101010111001010101010010101011010101010110010110010010110.bin
0101010101010111001010101010010101011010101010110010110010010111.bin

BH1Pd8X.png
Stardate 95699.3
Security Level 1 - Open

zpglS1t.png
TO CAPT Ailes, Beylara
CC CMDR Kermit, James
FROM LCDR H’ajah
SUBJ PROMOTION IDEAS
4OB3P0J.png

BEYLARA, DAUGHTER OF KEVIT! JAMES, SON OF JACOB! HARKEN TO MY TALE.

I AM H'AJAH, DAUGHTER OF SHAL, OF HOUSE CARGH IN EXILE. ACROSS MY BRIEF BUT STORIED CAREER, I HAVE AMASSED GREAT HONOR FOR MY MANY ACTS OF VALOR, INGENUITY AND GRIT. TOGETHER WE BRAVED THE HAUNTED RUINS OF KILUR. BEYLARA MAY RECALL THIS MIGHTY DEED BETTER THAN KERMIT, WHO COWERED FEARFULLY IN THE RUNABOUT. THE OUTGOING CHIEF ENGINEER LIR, DAUGHTER OF KYLE, WILL ATTEST THAT IT WAS I THAT SLEW THE MANY-HANDED BEAST OF CARGO BAY 11. THE OFFICIAL RECORD WILL SHOW THAT MY GREATEST TRIUMPH WAS THE CONQUEST OF THE DS13 SECURITY DEPARTMENT AUDIT, WHICH MANY THOUGHT IMPOSSIBLE. FOR THESE FEATS OF BRAVERY AND MANY, MANY OTHERS, I WAS AWARDED A STARFLEET MEDAL OF COMMENDATION.

FOR TOO LONG, I HAVE BEEN PASSED OVER FOR PROMOTION, LEFT TO TOIL IN OBSCURITY FOR THE GLORY OF A FECKLESS VULCAN. I HAVE BORNE THIS TRIAL HONORABLY. NOW THE TIME OF MY ASCENT TO POWER IS AT HAND.

I WOULD ACCEPT PROMOTION TO ANY OF THE FOLLOWING POSITIONS, IF OFFERED:

1. CHIEF OF ENGINEERING
  2. CHIEF MEDICAL OFFICER (I KNOW CPR)
  3. EXECUTIVE OFFICER

GIVE ME THE CHANCE TO PROVE MY WORTH AS A LEADER AND YOU WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED. I SWEAR UPON THE HONOR OF MY FATHER AND MY ANCESTORS: NO FOE CAN STAND AGAINST MY MIGHT.

//SIGNED//
tuq cargh qaStaHvIS ghIm h'ajah, shal puqbe'
Lt. Cmdr. H'ajah, daughter of Shal, of House Cargh in exile
DevOps Mgr., Operations Dept., Deep Space 13

//ATTACHMENTS//
Dossier: H'ajah, daughter of Shal

BH1Pd8X.png
Stardate 95700.3
Security Level 1 - Open

zpglS1t.png
TO CAPT Ailes, Beylara
CC CMDR Kermit, James
FROM CMDR One, One of
SUBJ Re: An exciting opportunity!

Dear Capt. Ailes,

It has come to my attention that you are also looking for a Chief Engineer! This is serendipitous, because both of these positions are adjacent to my field of expertise. Whether I'm adding metal to meat or meat to metal, the end result is a beautiful convergence! Please consider my submission applicable to either or both positions. What a savings!

//SIGNED//
CMDR One of One
Sr. Research Fellow, Transhuman Studies
Starfleet Academy

BH1Pd8X.png
Stardate 95702.9
Security Level 1 - Open

zpglS1t.png
TO CAPT Ailes, Beylara
FROM LCDR Sobe Laakam
SUBJ Healing Touch

Captain Ailes, have you heard the Word of the Prophets? It is with all of us. It is with me. It is with you.

The Prophets speak through me. I am their Will, manifest in this quadrant. I hear the Word, and I am the conduit of their miracles.

It was the Prophets that told me you were looking for a new Chief Medical Officer. No doubt your first thought was to find one very much like your last Chief Medical Officer; some fancy lad with a medical degree and a lot of letters after his name. That would be the conventional choice, the right choice for a material universe. But do we live in a material universe, or is that just the veil before the eyes of the pagh?

Are you ready for some radical truth-telling? Drugs and laser scalpels might mend flesh, but they can't heal the spirit. These are dark times, and dark psychic forces are moving through society to further their own ends. Perhaps it's time to stop treating the symptoms and start treating the real disease. Appoint me to the position of Chief Medical Officer and I will apply my healing touch to the spiritual sickness within the Federation in the Prophets' names.

//SIGNED//
Lt. Cmdr. Sobe Laakam
Chaplain, U.S.S. Okinawa

(( OOC Note: I learned my lesson last time. I will not roll any of these alts. ))
9 Likes