KEY PERSONNEL:
CMDR Maxwell S. Austin (proctor)
LCDR Cahl Ki'tet (testor)

CAPT Alister Nimitz (actor)
CMDR Tala Akaela (actor)
LTJG Mondet (actor)
LTJG Sonya Niazov (actor)

NARRATIVE:
At the request of LCDR Ki'tet, a Starship Bridge Officer's Test simulation was conducted. As Deep Space 13's Executive Officer, it fell on this author to prepare and conduct such a test.

The initial test ran for approximately 30 minutes before resulting in mission failure. In this officer's assessment, LCDR Ki'tet acted too swiftly to engage in combat, resulting in an escalation. Upon observing and recognizing this failure, LCDR Ki'tet made better efforts at diplomacy the second time around.

The second test lasted approximately two hours. During this period, LCDR Ki'tet demonstrated positive command characteristics, especially in the realm of communication, specifically regarding his engagement with his fellow bridge officers. He leveraged their skills wisely, allowing them a mobility of invention while also ensuring they stayed on task.

LCDR Ki'tet also demonstrated a steady disposition and calm demeanor throughout the simulated confrontation.

Where Ki'tet may be weakest is his reliance on tactical solutions ahead of diplomacy or technical considerations. While this sometimes manifests itself as a "shoot first, ask questions" attitude in some candidates, this proctor believes that sufficient guidance, simulation, and experience will waylay such a disposition.

Ki'tet also demonstrated an acceptable understanding of starship operations, policy, and law where applicable to the simulation in question.

RECOMMENDATIONS:
Based on LCDR Ki'tet's Service Record and successful completion of this examination, it is this author's recommendation that he be considered for promotion.

Based on the observations of this test, it is the recommendation that LCDR Ki'tet continue to receive training for a future Command position.
3 Likes

SUBMITTED:
Stardate 96327.7
FILED BY:
CAPT A.H. Nimitz
SECURITY:
Level 2 - Confidential - Promotions Review Board

RECOMMENDATION: Speaking from a personal viewpoint (as this officer was not the overseer of the testing), it is of my opinion that Lieutenant Commander Ki'tet has much to learn before he is ready for a command of his own. I could go on a list of all the area highlights that I feel needs work, however I've come to the conclusion that his performance can be boiled down to a simple statement of 'Has potential, but in dire need of experience.'

I heavily recommend that Lieutenant Commander Ki'tet seeks out the opportunity to undergo the Command training program and spends a few years serving as First Officer under an experienced Captain before going on to serve as a commanding officer of his own ship.
8 Likes