Art Auction Discrepancy

To: CAPT Varley (( @Lauren ))
CC: Addyson and Tuvya Foundation for the Arts Customer Service ((@Katriel ))
Subj: Forged Paintings

Captain,

You are no doubt aware of the charity art auction that took place over the past several weeks. Two of those paintings were delivered to my office last night. During routine security scans my officers discovered a discrepancy. According to data published by the Foundation, these paintings do not match the originals.

While I am not certain, I suspect that this may signal a larger problem with the auction. I would appreciate an investigation into this at your earliest convivence. I’ve attached the data from the security scans as a starting point. I stand ready to provide additional assistance should you request it.

Regards,

//SIGNED//
Wing Commander Miral
JSI Commander - Aldebaran

//ATTACHMENT// Scans

4 Likes

To: WCDR Miral
CC: Addyson and Tuvya Foundation for the Arts Customer Service
Subj: Re: Forged Paintings

Thank you for the notice, Wing Commander. I’ve received similar reports from other winners of the auction, it’s likely that a wholesale theft of the winning art pieces has been undertaken by a thus far unknown party. Station security will begin an investigation promptly.

I appreciate the security scans. If any of your officers were present at the gala itself, I would be thankful for their perspective of the events immediately before, during, and after the highly irregular full power outage we encountered, as well as any conspicuous or unusual details they may have observed throughout the course of the afternoon.

I’ll keep you apprised of our progress,

//SIGNED//
Captain Lauren Varley
Commanding Officer, Deep Space 13
38th Fleet ‘Argo’

3 Likes

To: CAPT Varley
CC: LT Aev
Subj: RE: Forged Paintings

Captain,

I appreciate the prompt reply. One of my officers, Lieutenant Aev, attended the gala that night. I’ve CC’d him and passed along that full cooperation is to be given.

If there is anything else I can assist with do not hesitate to ask. Otherwise, I will stay out of your way.

Regards,

//SIGNED//
Wing Commander Miral
JSI Commander - Aldebaran

2 Likes