Stardate 93640.8
Security Level 1
TO CMDR Caspius
CC CAPT Thiessen; LT Kermit
FROM LCDR Hanson
SUBJ. Asst Chief Position
4OB3P0J.png

Commander,

I Apologise for this being later than I intended but however at your request and after some consideration I have to decided who to put forward for the position of assistant chief of operations.

I believe Lieutenant James Kermit is the right fit for the position and also I believe the position will help him grow and mature more as an officer. He has proven himself countless times to work well under pressure and also he was able to run the Ops department very well during my 2 week absence for shore leave.

If you find that he is not suitable for the position I will continue to review officers who may also be suitable for the job.

I look forward to hearing your decision. Again apologises for this being so late.

//SIGNED//
Lieutenant Commander Rose Hanson,
Chief Of Operations, DS13
6 Likes
BH1Pd8X.png
Stardate 93641.5
Security Level 1
TO LCDR Hanson
CC CAPT Thiessen
FROM CMDR Caspius
4OB3P0J.png

LCDR Hanson,

Understood.

//SIGNED//
Commander Caspius
Executive Officer, Deep Space 13
7 Likes
BH1Pd8X.png
Stardate 93640.8
Security Level 1
TO LCDR Hanson
CC CMDR Caspius
FROM CAPT Thiessen
SUBJ. Re: Asst Chief Position
4OB3P0J.png

Lieutenant Commander,

Thank you for making this recommendation. I'm assuming you didn't take this decision-making lightly and your recommendation will be used to consider how to handle this department in your upcoming absence.

However, as you have chosen Lieutenant Kermit as your potential recommendation, I would strongly encourage you to ensure he knows that in a department lead position the threshold of tolerance for the kind of tomfoolery he tends to get up to on-and-off-duty is much, much lower. He would have to be an example. If you feel he can handle that kind of responsibility, we'll take that into consideration, but it may be best if you work with him on those expectations.

We'd all hate for any transition to have major hiccups.

Thanks,

//SIGNED//
Captain Tau Thiessen
Commanding Officer, Deep Space Thirteen
7 Likes
BH1Pd8X.png
Stardate 93640.8
Security Level 1
TO CAPT Thiessen
CC CMDR Caspius
FROM LCDR Hanson
4OB3P0J.png

Captain,

I will ensure that the Lieutenant knows every responsibility that comes with the role and the maturity he will need to be able to take on such a role. My hope is the role will lead him to become more mature so that he will not get up to as much tomfoolery as he does and be able to set a good example for the officers around him.

I believe he can handle these responsibilities, however I'm proven to be wrong and he is unable to then I will continue to such for other candidates if need be.

//SIGNED//
Lieutenant Commander Rose Hanson
Chief of Operations, DS13
4 Likes
BH1Pd8X.png
Stardate 93680.2
Security Level 1
TO CMDR Caspius, LCDR Hanson
CC LCDR Kermit
FROM CAPT Thiessen
4OB3P0J.png

Commander Caspius, Lieutenant Commander Hanson;

After consideration and review with the both of you, I've determined that Lieutenant Commander Hanson's recommendation of making Lieutenant Kermit the Acting Executive Officer of Operations is the most sound course of action at this time. The Lieutenant has been made aware of the expectations placed upon him so long as he acts in this position within the Operations department.

Effective Stardate 93681.1 Lieutenant Kermit will be taking on the role of Acting Assistant Chief of Operations.

//SIGNED//
Captain Tau Thiessen
Commanding Officer, Deep Space Thirteen

BH1Pd8X.png
Stardate 93680.4
Security Level 1
TO CMDR Caspius
FROM CAPT Thiessen
SUBJ. FWD: Asst Chief Position
4OB3P0J.png

Caspius,

He really is the best choice from our current pool. Thank God our offices are in the general vicinity of Operations; things can't get too far out of control. I was pretty clear in how he is expected to behave, so don't hesitate to come down on him with Hanson if he acts out and dyes your hair or something.

Super sorry. I think he has potential though, she's not wrong.

-Tau
7 Likes
BH1Pd8X.png
Stardate 93681.7
Security Level 2: Restricted
TO CAPT Thiessen
CC --
FROM CMDR Caspius
4OB3P0J.png

Sir,

Understood. If it proves necessary, I will indeed 'come down on him,' as you instruct. I do not know how he might conspire to dye my hair without my consent, but should he do so you may depend upon it being his final action aboard this station.

With regard to speculation about Lt. Kermit's potential: as a Starfleet officer, it is a function of my duty that I seek to experience the surprise and wonder of discovering that which has not yet been discovered. So, in fulfillment of that duty, I shall continue to seek for Lieutenant Kermit's undiscovered potential. I shall notify you if I find any.

//SIGNED//
Commander Caspius
Executive Officer, Deep Space 13
10 Likes