Captain Grant (@Serah)[USS Argama]
Captain Meadows (@FruitOfTheLum) [USS Vincennes]
Commander Al Firawn [USS al-Haytham]
Lieutenant Hood [USS Niamh]
Diplomat T’Vel (@TVel) [Diplomatic Consulate]

CC: RDML. Bishop
Subj: Task Force Status

Captains and Fellow Officers,

As I am sure you are aware by now, the situation is starting to get out of hand. Please see the attached Regional Intelligence Breifing if you have not yet had the chance. I am keeping this Secure Subspace Channel open for discussion on how we should best proceed. Tactical Assessment from USS Alexander shall follow shortly.

//SIGNED//
Captain Maikull Barron
Commanding Officer,
USS Alexander

//ATTACHMENT// Week 5 - Taskforce Intel Breif ((Actual Link))

OOCLink to a Google Slideshow of Current Weeks (Week 5) Status Breakdown. Would like to use this as a means for us to discuss IC (instead of OOC on Discord) what we think and how we should proceed. I will be following with my usual Assessment here this week for any instrested. Feel free to agree, amend, or argue the subject as you would IC.

3 Likes

To: ((Task Force Peacecraft Captains))
Subj: Task Force Status
------(Logistical Assessment)

Greetings Captains,

Its been 5 weeks since we have started our Campaign, and thus far things have progressed in a manner in which we have been able to keep relative control of the situation. But developments in the system are devolving rapidly, and I feel we may need to coordinate as a whole rather than on individual discretion if we want to maintain the progress we have earned.

Prioritizing by Threat Assessment ((Rating)) one primary focus looks to me to be the Crossroad Nebula, given the high demand of various departments, and the relative short time-span we have to address the situation.

Potters Fieldvv also looks to be a critical priority due to the extreme risk of lives the Anomaly poses to the ships, as well as the high demand it also has on addressing the situation.

Diaderi is Time Sensitive, yet due to the work of the USS Dragon and USS Vincennes, this task is almost complete, and will need immediate attention to resolve, less we lose all effort gained in that sector.

The Question remains, which task should take priority. Potters Field has lives at stake, and every passing hour we run the risk of losing more lives to the Anomaly. However, Securing the abandoned Azedi Etnoziroh-class Dreadnought in the Crossroads Nebula would have a massive impact on our efforts in this region (And definitely something we do not want falling into the wrong hands).

However, with our current manpower, ‘splitting up’ looks to only result in failure of both objectives in current simulations ran, in order for success we NEED to put all of our weight behind one or the other.

A) If we send The USS Dragon, USS Alexander, USS Endeavour, and USS Vincennes, I project we can complete the Medical, Tactical, Diplomatic, and Scientific objectives in the Crossroads Nebula within the first week, with only a limited amount of Engineering and Transportation resources needing to be required for the next week, but given we only have an estimated two weeks to work on it, we would need to dive head in.

Focusing on Crossroads, USS Argama and USS al-Haytham could finish what was started in the Diaderi System and complete our objective there securing the excavation site.

B) However, if we send the USS Dragon, USS Endeavour, and USS Vincennes, and USS Argama to Potters Field, we could effectively rescue all stranded civilian craft with minimal casualties to the Anomaly.

This would free up USS Alexander and USS Niamh to wrap up Diaderi.

Either Scenario, Crossroads or Potters Field, which ever we ‘neglect’ will rapidly grow out of control to a point I fear even with all the ships at our disposal, and the limited time remaining to address the situation, we would not be able to effectively complete the tasks. (Which not going to bring up the problem of neglecting all other objectives at play if we diverted ALL ships to one sector.)

At our present state this has turned into a matter of determining ‘Acceptable Losses’. If Captain Dubois can request additional support from the 38th, we might have a fighting chance at further endeavors, but our current situation is in our hands alone.

I will leave my personal recommendations for later discussion. And if anyone else has any other pragmatic approach to our predicament, please share!

//SIGNED//
Captain Maikull Barron
Commanding Officer,
USS Alexander

OOC I would love to host/participate in an event going after that Dreadnaught, however my schedule this week and next is booked at work with Inventory Audit, so this right here is pretty much the only RP I can get in at the moment. (Other than what’s coming this weekend). But if you want to utilize the Alexander as an NPC for any Task Force related event running, by all means feel free!

OOC Edit/Addendum If the Screen Caps of the System Information looks different from the "Slideshow Link" That is because the origional PowerPoint I made these on had the StarTrek Font on them which did not translate over to GoogleSlides. Also, all photos portrayed in these diagrams are FanArt found with a quick Google Search, I have no idea the sources, I just picked something that seemed like it fit the scenario.
4 Likes

Subj: RE: Task Force Status

Good day all.

It is clear that the situation could well spiral out of control no matter where we focus our resources.

My thinking, therefore, is that we approach the situation using a method with which I’ve (and I’m sure many of you have) grown increasingly familiar over the past few months - that of triage.

The situation in the Potter’s Field Anomaly currently poses the most significant and immediate risk of high civilian casualties, with that risk increasing the longer the situation is neglected. In lieu of additional resources - either from the wider 38th Fleet, or other parties to the Alliance besides Starfleet - it is my opinion that we must focus our efforts there first.

Should we fail to secure the Crossroad Nebula, we may have to deal with the consequences of Azedi technology potentially falling into the wrong hands (assuming, of course, that scavengers could even work it out). This would be a considerable risk, but not an unmanageable one.

Should we fail to deal with the situation in Potter’s Field, however, then there would be no situation to handle afterwards - those people would simply be dead. This loss of life, to say nothing of the long-term recovery prospects the loss of so much civilian shipping may have for the region, seems unacceptable to me.

In the meantime, efforts to secure additional, outside support to deal with the Crossroad Nebula situation should be ongoing. If we could assemble enough starships, we could even undertake a ‘blitzkrieg’ of sorts through the nebula - sweeping through rapidly with overwhelming force and scuttling any Azedi (and potentially Terran) hulks we can locate - before moving on to Potter’s Field. While recovering the Azedi ships may be a best-case scenario (to Starfleet Intelligence above all others, I’m sure), in order to avert a worst-case scenario we need only destroy them.

Should securing outside assistance not be possible, however, I would much rather deal with the potential fallout from the Crossroads Nebula later, than reading the certain obituaries from Potter’s Field immediately.

Vincennes will, of course, be available to support whichever strategy my colleagues decide upon.

//SIGNED//
Rebecca Meadows
Commanding Officer,
USS Vincennes

4 Likes

CC: RDML Bishop, S.
Subj: RE: Task Force Status

Captains,

In short, I’m inclined to agree with Captain Meadows here. Potters Field seems to be the objective that will be the most problematic if left unattended. The Dragon was heading there before the latest Terran incident caused us all to divert.

I recommend we focus our efforts there first, and hope we can at least mitigate the Crossroads Nebula situation shortly thereafter, if as it indeed appears, attempting to solve both will be mathematically impossible.

//SIGNED//
Captain Drake Tungsten
Commanding Officer,
USS Dragon

2 Likes

I also concur with Captain Meadows and Drake, the Argama is available to assist within Potters Field now that the second contact mission is completed if needed.

2 Likes