Axanar Updates

Personally, I watch Supergirl too so CBS All Access isn't a bad investment for me imo, but I still think this is a Richard Relocation on CBS's part.
New update. It was too long to just screenshot so I've copy/pasted it here vebatim:
wrote:
Apparently, Michael Hinman of 1701News claims to have obtained a copy of a script for our feature production, AXANAR. He has publicly stated he will be revealing this script on a podcast on Monday.

In a comment to a Facebook post earlier today, it appears he (Hinman) intends to present this script as "the same one that does not exist according to the Motion for Dismal. Donors either have been lied to or the court has."

While we are not sure which version of the AXANAR script is supposedly in Mr. Hinman's possession, it's probably one of dozens of copies of an earlier version of the script circulated to talent agencies while we were talking to potential cast members this fall.

Axanar Productions has never claimed a script didn't exist, only that there are currently multiple versions and that it wasn't final. As with most productions (including Star Trek), significant script changes can be - and often are - made as talent agreements are made, schedules are set and budgets are reviewed. We are also currently in the process of revising the script in light of the lawsuit.

Axanar Productions remains committed to finding a way to respect the concerns and rights of the IP owners and still find a way to tell a great story that over 10,000 backers support. We view Mr. Hinman's effort to drive a wedge between our production and its backers as nothing more than another step in his personal vendetta against Alec Peters, the Executive Producer of AXANAR.
oooooh, here comes the drama llama
Chooo-Chooooooo!!!
1 Like
wrote:
Chooo-Chooooooo!!!

That's one weird-ass llama.
4 Likes
wrote:
wrote:
Chooo-Chooooooo!!!

That's one weird-ass llama.

Careful. They spit.
2 Likes
Spoiler: <_<Show
Q5lStjx.png
10 Likes
I love this fleet lol.
1 Like
This was recently posted to the "I Stand With Axanar" Facebook page.
I remember watching the Star Trek Beyond trailer and think just that - it's a Fast and Furious in space and really wished they got some other director.

Now, regardless of the flop with the trailer, and the point people could make - that fan made movies are probably more true to the original lore than the new movies, I support what Aurelia has been saying all along regarding the fact that Paramount owns the copyrights.

I think that Paramount could embrace these productions, like Lucas Film, as I stated somewhere prior to this, it would be nice, but... the point still stands.

Regardless of whether Axanar is a real threat to Paramount, regardless of whether they would make the most kickass movie in the world, it is not theirs to make. They shouldn't win on the basis of a trick question regarding which copyrights have been infringed.

I also don't really care whether or not Paramount stated that the reason for the suit was that they were making profit (or whether they were worried that they would lose profit), and while I wouldn't want Paramount to come after us because we write Star Trek based short stories and fan fiction, if the one in this position were me and not Paramount, I wouldn't want people to take my intellectual property and then win a suit against me so that they can do as they please and make money out of my creation.

Yeah it was Gene's creation, but he is not here now and Paramount is the holder of the rights.
1 Like
New statement from Axanar in regards to the suit:
wrote:
Good evening everyone.

Here’s Axanar Production’s statement concerning the amended complaint filed on Friday by attorneys for CBS Studios and Paramount Pictures:

As you know, Axanar Productions and Alec Peters filed a motion to dismiss the lawsuit filed against them by Paramount Pictures and CBS Studios on the grounds that the complaint was deficient in various respects. Rather than opposing the motion to dismiss, Plaintiffs opted to amend their complaint to attempt to respond to the deficiencies we raised in our motion, which they are entitled to do under the procedural rules. Plaintiffs filed their amended complaint yesterday.

We will have an opportunity to publicly respond to Plaintiffs’ amended complaint later this month by filing a responsive pleading (either a motion to dismiss or answer) with the court. We appreciate that supporters are understandably anxious to know what is going on. We ask for your patience while we work with our lawyers at Winston & Strawn to formulate a response. There's a legal process in play which is in the hands of our capable legal team, whom we have absolute confidence in. We will update donors and fans as soon as we can.

Before anyone decides to start asking any more questions, please understand that this is about all we can say on this matter until W&S has had an opportunity to thoroughly go through everything. Speculation now - public or private - isn't particularly helpful.

Thanks,

Mike Bawden
PR for Axanar Productions
2 Likes
Couple of new updates here:
So apparently CBS is using the Klingon Language as its example.
Article here.

Uhhhhhh... <.<
3585614.jpg
2 Likes
This is officially crazy.
3 Likes
I understand both sides, but this Justin Lin just fucked up. Sorry, but that's what they did. They knew they couldn't do it and now they are trying to start a giant media and fan riot so that CBS/Para backs off, but in return they want to destroy the sanctity of creators and their creations.

It'll be like you all playing Rix, because "EUH! Rix belongs to all of us!" Yeah, well in some sort of way he does, but ya still don't own him.
3 Likes
My friends, the mainstream national media has taken its attention off Donald Trump for 5 minutes and turned its attention to Axanar:
CNBC Article
2 new updates:
First one is a new statement from Alec Peters. Is it an inkling on to things to come, or is it merely an attempt to keep people calm?
3587060.jpg

The second is that apparently Will Wheaton has put his support behind CBS.
That's because Wil Wheaton is an actual facts professional and the Axanar folks are scum-sucking typical Hollywood failures who are using fans' devotion to Star Trek to make money for themselves.

No, I'm not biased at all.
This article actually has a clip from Paramount's filing:

Slate blog

And here's the entire thing from the Hollywood Reporter: Hollywood Reporter link
1 Like
This article actually has a clip from Paramount's filing:

Slate blog

And here's the entire thing from the Hollywood Reporter: Hollywood Reporter link
Haha. CBS has commensed the schooling.
Yeah. There's no way Axanar's going to win this.

Luckily, it seems like they're particularly hung up on the *professional* image of Axanar, which means that the $10k-or-less fan kids are safe.
1 Like