"Banned From Argo"

I was in chat tonight, and talking with a few people, realized that some of you have never been exposed to "Banned From Argo." I'm here to remedy that. Because, you know, Argo!

Anyway, this is one of the first well-known filk songs to come out of the Trek fandom. Leslie Fish, the composer, immediately regretted writing it, because whenever she'd show up at conventions, people would request it... again and again and again. She would only play it once a year. The hilarity of this song (and the ease of filking it) caused people to make versions for TNG, VOY, DS9, Firefly, various Earth governments, random people on the street, etc., and the earlier ones of these are compiled into a book which I'm still making an attempt to find.

Just so you know, it's a little risque and quite PG-13, so be advised.

And here's the original:

Anyway. Ahem. As thanks for letting me into your august (and hilarious) company, if you come up with enough (appropriate, i.e., that won't get me banned from Argo four days after being let in ;)) Banned From Argo verses for your characters, I'll do a recording. Quite possibly in Areyis' chipmunk voice. So get to it!
3 Likes
... SO GLAD this thread is not anywhere close to the obtuse possibilities I thought it might have been. :p
4 Likes
In retrospect, maybe I should have been clearer in the title! Sorry!
So where's that chipmunk cover of the song? :rotfl:
1 Like
Well now I just reaaally want a sing along.
Spoiler: Show