Captain's Logs: A Mirror Warp'd

Captain’s Personal Log, USS Baton Rouge, Stardate 100427.66

What an exciting time! No, not our mission, once again we’re relegated to scanning radiation signatures and sorting through anomalous subspace traffic. Not the most glamorous work, but it passes the time. No, I refer to my own personal life.

I’m getting married in a week!

Tomorrow we set course back to the Starbase. And then nothing will stop me from joining the shelthreth, for lack of a better word, of Trellain and Alistair.

With this new union, I must also consider my options. Children, furthering my education, raising our family.

I have already composed a request for a leave of absence, until further notice. All I need is to deliver it to the admiral. I’m sure he will understand, especially since I plan to use the time to also further my education.

The fact is, my absences due to my career resulted in my last shelthreth being dissolved. I will not allow that to happen again.

That also means I must give up command of the Baton Rouge. So be it. She is a good ship. I’ll ensure her next captain has a ship to be proud of.

Sorry, I must pause. I’m receiving an incoming message.

Captain’s Personal Log, USS Baton Rouge, Supplemental

There’s a Mirror Universe incursion in the Itrin Sector?! And my ship has been deployed to the warzone?!?! Indefinitely?!

WHAT THE F…[ Disable profanity filter? y/n ]

Okay… never mind that duty f*[ Disable profanity filter? y/n ]* my last shelthreth, now I’m gonna miss my wedding day! What kind of precedent will that set? I’m trying to put more priority on my family for f [ Disable profanity filter? y/n ] sakes!

Alright, one more time. I don’t like it, but we’re all Starfleet officers. It’s what we expect when we signed our contracts. Still doesn’t change a thing.

I WILL marry those two!

Even if I have to do it over subspace and under phaser fire!

Captain’s Personal Log, ISS Baton Rouge, Stardate 100427.66

Finally, I’ve returned.

It’s been a long time since I’ve been to the Mirror Universe. Bounty hunter jobs, taking back AWOL personnel. Good times. I miss them. But that’s another life. Now I’m an officer of the Empire, I just got my first command, and we’re going to the Itrin Sector to take this candyass universe into the fold.

This is going to be fun.

2 Likes