Coke-Soda-Pop-Soda Pop.... which are you?

Soda-ers will rule the world!
Skyler... you can't vote more than once! :mad:
Water. Take that carbonated beverage drinkers.
~It's my forum, I can vote-thrice if I want to~~
You're all a bunch of wussies.
Soda. Pop and Soda-Pop are acceptable alternatives on occasion. Coke, however, is a brand. Pepsi and other colas are NOT Coke.
wrote:
Soda. Pop and Soda-Pop are acceptable alternatives on occasion. Coke, however, is a brand. Pepsi and other colas are NOT Coke.

Some parts of North America would disagree with that. Not me, but some places.
wrote:
Some parts of North America would disagree with that. Not me, but some places.

True, but doesn't make it right. I understand the tendency to refer to something by its most common representative (such as calling all tissues Kleenex), but it's still technically incorrect, even if it's a term in common usage. That's what most slang is, things so commonly used incorrectly that they're given status as an acceptable alternative.

I'm not saying you can't use it, but it's still incorrect.

Another interesting example: Most people use Nimrod as an insult. This is based on the fact that Bugs Bunny called Elmer Fudd Nimrod leading most of our generation to assume the word as a derisive term. The truth is that Nimrod was a great hunter and king and Bugs was being sarcastic. :p
Sorry to get all technical, just don't want people to think I'm disregarding their cultural or regional traits. Just explaining my point of view. :)
A question for the masses (probably more relevant to North Americans, but all are welcome), prompted by a conversation I in-game last night. Where do you fall on the "carbonated beverage naming convention"?

All good! :)